Quantcast

» «
Photo

Residential Properties (Pretty Sure You can Purchase Them)

203 replies to this topic
m33ts4k0z
  • m33ts4k0z

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:37 AM Edited by m33ts4k0z, 19 September 2013 - 01:40 AM.

Residential Properties DO exist and are purchasable. This is a fact. If you watch the GTAO official trailer you will see that the narrator mentions that your friends will be able to visit your house and hang out with you.

The Dynasty 8 website is under maintenance for me as well so I guess it will remain that way till GTAO is live. Otherwise i will be happy to see it live in the next hours.

Bawsaq is a Social Club feature and therefore needs internet. It was offline for me as well for a couple of hours but generally it was available today. It does also work at the moment.

Bds

m33ts4k0z
  • m33ts4k0z

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:39 AM Edited by m33ts4k0z, 19 September 2013 - 01:39 AM.

youtube.com/watch?v=ATKZg_21AIo

30 missions in gta v i bought this safehouse with franklin

You get this safehouse for free. Lester gives it to you and it's not a Residential Property

• zachy likes this

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Frank Matthews...The Guy that won...

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:39 AM

Did you actually buy the house, or was it just storyline progress???

Vellocet
  • Vellocet

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:41 AM

Did you actually buy the house, or was it just storyline progress???

You get this while progressing on the story, he is lying

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:43 AM Edited by Audiophile, 19 September 2013 - 01:44 AM.

Where in the guide do you see it?

I have the LE guide and I will admit I have only skimmed through it, I do not see any section in the table of contents dedicated to stocks that Bawsaq would fall under.

Also, I don't think anyone needs a guide on how to buy property and where. The businesses and property management require more effort and count towards the 100% completion (you only need to own 5 businesses though to count towards it, according to the guide).

I am not saying I am correct, it's just a theory. Likewise, don't be so quick to think I am wrong. We will see once SC is resolved and the sites are able to come out of "under maintenance" in game.

Edit: ninjasonredbull is trolling, you get that safehouse as part of the storyline with Franklin.

quidyg
  • quidyg

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:49 AM

there's another website that sell villa's as well. search "property" on eyefind search and it will be in the list. there's an option to set the gps to visit the house but no option to buy it

m33ts4k0z
  • m33ts4k0z

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:50 AM Edited by m33ts4k0z, 19 September 2013 - 02:07 AM.

Where in the guide do you see it?

I have the LE guide and I will admit I have only skimmed through it, I do not see any section in the table of contents dedicated to stocks that Bawsaq would fall under.

Also, I don't think anyone needs a guide on how to buy property and where. The businesses and property management require more effort and count towards the 100% completion (you only need to own 5 businesses though to count towards it, according to the guide).

I am not saying I am correct, it's just a theory. Likewise, don't be so quick to think I am wrong. We will see once SC is resolved and the sites are able to come out of "under maintenance" in game.

Edit: ninjasonredbull is trolling, you get that safehouse as part of the storyline with Franklin.

I might found something interesting. If you have the GTA manual on the PC you can go to the 3 lines menu on the right and then click on Los Santos & Blaine County Map. Then if you choose Local Services from the bottom menu you will see some Real Estate symbols on the map. If you click on them and the click the little blue arrow you will see a photo with the Dynasty 8 logo just outside the entrance. So I wonder what will happen if you go near them and try to buy them without using the Dynasty 8 Website? Is it doable?

EDIT: Yes it is doable even without the site:

bboynexus
  • bboynexus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:02 AM

Wait, what manual?

m33ts4k0z
  • m33ts4k0z

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:04 AM

Wait, what manual?

http://www.rockstarg...com/V/downloads

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:07 AM

Wait, what manual?

http://www.rockstarg...com/V/downloads

Scroll down until you get to the manual. R* couldn't fit it all into the copy people get with the game so they included it as a download to peoples smartphones (only iOS right now) and PC/Mac.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:10 AM

You get this house in the story line. You dont buy it though.

m33ts4k0z
  • m33ts4k0z

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:13 AM

So it looks like you can buy businesses at the moment but not villas. We are going to need the other site (the purple one) in order to buy villas so we are going to have to wait until GTAO.

Elesdee1487
  • Elesdee1487

God's Gift To Women

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:13 AM

That isn't a bought safe house it's given to you after you beat a mission...

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:16 AM

Yeah makes sense. I have been wondering why dynasty 8 hasn't Been working and it would make sense for then to be exclusive to the dynasty 8 site instead of having them marked on the map because it could get confusing and crowded having commercial properties and residential properties on the pause map.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

G1Qdg6n.jpg

Cmon. This ia from the SP and it clearly shows an apartment for sale..

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:33 AM

Guys, clearly anything related to safehouses has to do with GTAO. You can buy them there, that's why there is still mention. R* said they aren't in SP. End of story.

^this. Better luck next GTA.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:43 AM

Guys, clearly anything related to safehouses has to do with GTAO. You can buy them there, that's why there is still mention. R* said they aren't in SP. End of story.

^this. Better luck next GTA.
So why did they had the real estate thing in SP trailer (pic above)?
It clearly shows an apartment and not a business propertie

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:45 AM

I really think that real estate snippet from the gameplay trailer is just from Online.Why would any of our protagonists need new homes? I guess it doesn't really make sense from their perspective but our Online character is fresh off the plane to Los Santos so for sure, it makes sense that he needs homes to buy.

TheRealBars
  • TheRealBars

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:54 AM

I think.. they cut it later in the development cycle to provide GTA:O with 'Unique' safehouses.

If they'd re-use them from SP people would bitch about that as well.

To be fair it aint a big issue for me, most safehouses in VC/SA were generic copy paste interiors (Or in VC even a lack of an interior)

I'd just like a beach front house though..

LaDispute
  • LaDispute

Los Santos, baby!

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:15 AM Edited by LaDispute, 19 September 2013 - 03:16 AM.

Audiophile is right, most of the large internet features are run by social club and say so on the in-game websites themselves, like BAWSAQ has a "run by social club" ad on the side of it, and on the blue print map which is designed around secrets and features of singleplayer, it has and i say this, a sh*tLOAD of purchasable properties marked on the map.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:29 AM Edited by Audiophile, 19 September 2013 - 04:32 AM.

Audiophile is right, most of the large internet features are run by social club and say so on the in-game websites themselves, like BAWSAQ has a "run by social club" ad on the side of it, and on the blue print map which is designed around secrets and features of singleplayer, it has and i say this, a sh*tLOAD of purchasable properties marked on the map.

Noticed the exact same on my blueprint map, guess we will wait and see but it seems like too much effort was put in just to scrap something and leave it Online only. But again, we'll find out when Dynasty 8 can be accessed though again, there seems to be a distinction between safehouses (homes you start with and acquire through the story) and residential properties via Dynasty 8.

Hope Social Club is up in-game soon.

EDIT: iFruit app just started working for me again since SC became overloaded....not sure if temporary or it's legit been fixed now.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:34 AM

I don´t known man i am 50/50 about this, i mean R* confirmed you can´t buy houses, i don´t really know.

They also confirmed that no protagonists would be returning,
Spoiler
, and that the characters wouldn't be customizable. We know how those turned out don't we?

T0X1C
  • T0X1C

Jukebox F*ckup

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:14 AM

That apartment seen in the trailer, 0115 Bay City Avenue or whatever, is listed on the Blueprint map as a safehouse..

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:23 PM Edited by Audiophile, 19 September 2013 - 08:24 PM.

So I sent R* an email yesterday regarding Dynasty 8 and why you cannot access it and whether or not it's online only/you cannot purchase properties.

This was the response:

Thank you for contacting R* technical support.

We have received some reports of this and are currently investigating issue related to Social Club and linking. Rest assured we are working as quickly as possible to get this resolved.

Please subscribe to the following article if you would like to be updated when ther eis more information.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200357093

Regards,
Adam D

I responded back saying I was aware of that but I was asking about Dynasty 8 specifically and the response was:

Those sites are linked to Social Club same with BAWSAQ stock market.

Regards,

Adam D.

So maybe I am correct and the reason we cannot purchase residential properties is because of SC being overloaded. It was working alright really late yesterday and I was able to get on BAWSAQ and other SC-linked things but today it seems to be down again because they are still working to resolve it.

Just wanted to share, we'll see once they get the SC issues resolved.

• ballen205 likes this

Tampinha85
  • Tampinha85

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

Thanks for sharing, i think you might be right

baskerwil
  • baskerwil

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

Interesting. That bit in the manual had me do a double-take as well, since clearly none of the businesses are residential properties. Perhaps the reason you don't get "safe houses", is because it would cause some issues, such as Michael moving to a new house, leaving the family behind, and as such, any new residential property is exactly that, an owned property, but not your "main" home.

Also, I still suspect the SC aspects are a clever piracy deterrent.

krammkracker
  • krammkracker

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

I don't see why R* can't comment on some of these things?

They certainly tweeted plenty before the game was released....

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Frank Matthews...The Guy that won...

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

@Audiophile

Nice work! you totally gave me hope!

baskerwil
  • baskerwil

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

They confirmed you can't buy safehouses. As I said, the game doesn't seem to regard residential properties as safehouses.

As I said, it's just a theory but we have to wait until Dynasty 8 is back up to really find out. The manual really does imply that they are there and are purchasable, they are just separate from safehouses. I don't see why R* would have left that in, in the manual if it weren't true.

Guess we will see.

A lot of game manuals are written up months before the game is finished and even thought about being released. I hope there are residential properties, though.

Valid point, however seeing as this one is entirely digital, it wouldn't a huge bother for them to change it, and amend the wrong information.

Ambient_
  • Ambient_

Loving GTA:O

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:41 PM

Perhaps it's time locked, somebody put their PS3 clock ahead by one year then give it a try.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users