Quantcast

» «
Photo

Residential Properties (Pretty Sure You can Purchase Them)

203 replies to this topic
Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

Ok I just heard that there ARE in fact residential properties that you can buy AND enter but they are not what you would call a safehouse. They are separate from safehouses and businesses. Businesses you can buy because you can just go up to them and it lets you purchase them, residential properties are bought via the Dynasty 8 site.

The reason no one can buy them is because Social Club is overloaded and as a result of it you cannot use SC-related features in game (most people anyways, since I see some people are able to upload screens here and there). This is the reason Bawsaq is down and Dynasty 8 (the site you use to buy these properties) and thus you cannot do this.

Once they get it fixed and SC is working properly in-game, we should be able to purchase residential properties via Dynasty 8 and they are enter-able but again....the game seems to treat them differently from actual safehouses which the three characters start with and then acquire throughout the story; Michael only ever has the house he starts with as a safehouse, Franklin has his starter home with his aunt and the one you get through the storyline and Trevor has his trailer and 1-2 more safehouses he acquires throughout the story.

To back this up somewhat:

2w3qjap.jpgOOk so this is the Dynasty 8 site that no one can access at the moment because of SC being overloaded. It was shown in the gameplay video and don't give me that BS about how it was talking about Online. It wasn't. It was discussing what you could spend your in-game money in, in SP and after that sequence we heard "and then there is Grand Theft Auto Online, which we will be showing you properly soon".

In addition to this, in the manual you come across this:

10eew05.jpg

Which heavily implies and in my own opinion basically confirms you can own residential properties, they just aren't regarded as safehouses and I suppose we'll find out when Dynasty 8 is back up once SC is fixed.

• Ethereal_NYC, DeafMetal, Sting4S and 1 other like this

Vellocet
  • Vellocet

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

I don´t known man i am 50/50 about this, i mean R* confirmed you can´t buy houses, i don´t really know.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

They confirmed you can't buy safehouses. As I said, the game doesn't seem to regard residential properties as safehouses.

As I said, it's just a theory but we have to wait until Dynasty 8 is back up to really find out. The manual really does imply that they are there and are purchasable, they are just separate from safehouses. I don't see why R* would have left that in, in the manual if it weren't true.

Guess we will see.

elkevin369
  • elkevin369

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

They confirmed you can't buy safehouses. As I said, the game doesn't seem to regard residential properties as safehouses.

As I said, it's just a theory but we have to wait until Dynasty 8 is back up to really find out. The manual really does imply that they are there and are purchasable, they are just separate from safehouses. I don't see why R* would have left that in, in the manual if it weren't true.

Guess we will see.

A lot of game manuals are written up months before the game is finished and even thought about being released. I hope there are residential properties, though.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

Yes, I know that but again I offered that up in order to back up my little theory.

We will have to wait until Dynasty 8 is working in order to see.

JohnnM96
  • JohnnM96

<a href="http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/"&g

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

When I go on the Dynasty website and click "find properties" it says it is down, is that what you are on about? or can people not even load up the page that you just showed above? When i click on buy properties it says something like "This page is unavailable at this moment in time"

ChromeAndroid
  • ChromeAndroid

You Bet

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

Guys, clearly anything related to safehouses has to do with GTAO. You can buy them there, that's why there is still mention. R* said they aren't in SP. End of story.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:46 PM Edited by Audiophile, 18 September 2013 - 11:49 PM.

Yes, I am talking about that site.

The site that is down and says it is "down for maintenance" is Dynasty 8 and it's the site you use to purchase residential properties in game. You cannot access it at the moment because it's tied to Social Club, just as the Bawsaq stock exchange is and Social Club is overloaded (R* is working to resolve this issue).

Once the issue with SC is resolved, we will be able to access these sites that are connected to SC and I believe then we will be able to buy residential properties (which again, the game does not regard as safehouses).

@ChromeAndroid

I believed that, too. But I spoke to someone today that told me otherwise and that person would know. They told me that residential properties are purchasable and you can in fact enter them. R* confirmed that safehouses are what you cannot purchase.

Again, the game doesn't regard residential properties as safehouses. Only the homes you start with and acquire through the story are regarded as such.

But I can see my theory isn't really met with much positivity and I understand completely why, people don't want to get their hopes up.

But I am going to reserve judgement until Dynasty 8 is back up. Why on earth would they include Dynasty 8 in SP and then tell us in the gameplay video we can invest in real estate if it absolutely wasn't possible?

• Ranieri. likes this

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

Why would we need a real internet connection to buy safehouses in our single player campaign? It seems wasteful. It would be no different if we just bought them in an offline mode, its not like we are in a multiplayer mode or anything.

ChromeAndroid
  • ChromeAndroid

You Bet

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

Also why does everyone keep saying the BAWSAQ is down? Its been up for me since the release

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:52 PM

Because it is down for most people I know and it is down for me. R* themselves have been saying since yesterday there is an issue with SC and they are working to resolve it.

I can't access it to buy anything, it tells me the same thing the Dynasty 8 site tells me "down for maintenance".

Anyways, that was just my two cents on the subject. Ya'll feel free to flame now and tell me I am wrong even though I did state it was just a theory and I am waiting for the issues with SC to be resolved until I judge for myself.

Just wanted to share but probably would have been best to keep it to myself since I know how negative everyone in this section is.

ballen205
  • ballen205

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

Also why does everyone keep saying the BAWSAQ is down? Its been up for me since the release

It's been down for me since yesterday.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

You might be right there, but it might be a case that it tries to contact servers that don't exist. These features will probably share functionality with Online, but they won't necessarily be for Online. That could be a good point.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

Same for me and the majority of people I know.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

:O If you are right, Audiophile, then I'd probably sh*t a brick!

ballen205
  • ballen205

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:00 AM

Same for me and the majority of people I know.

I thought I was going crazy!

:O If you are right, Audiophile, then I'd probably sh*t a brick!

Me too!

Jerrick
  • Jerrick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

Well, I hope your right. Hopefully rockstar sort out the social club issue in a day or 2, and then we can know for certain.

K7YLP
  • K7YLP

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:11 AM

yeah, mines down too, has been since I got the game lol, only just got my numberplate through today :)

Bazzad
  • Bazzad

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:14 AM

Plausible theory.

JC-0001
  • JC-0001

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

I think Dynasty 8 is for Online. There is lot of property around LS and Blaine County that have these for sale signs with forclosure written on them. I reckon those will be the houses you see on Dynasty 8 once GTAO is up and running. Safehouses for you online character.

lefantome
  • lefantome

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:16 AM

I don't think it's the social club, bawsaq works if you are offline, probably it,will be unlocked with a patch. Maybe they discovered a bug few days before going gold and disabled it.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

I think Dynasty 8 is for Online. There is lot of property around LS and Blaine County that have these for sale signs with forclosure written on them. I reckon those will be the houses you see on Dynasty 8 once GTAO is up and running. Safehouses for you online character.

Did you not read his post. He is saying that maybe we can buy houses but not as safehouses. We can buy them for revenue and have the ability to go in them. Get it?

uptownrockstar
  • uptownrockstar

Reagan Era

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:23 AM

THIS IS BAD

WHAT IF YOU HAVE NO INTERNET?

ballen205
  • ballen205

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

I don't think it's the social club, bawsaq works if you are offline, probably it,will be unlocked with a patch. Maybe they discovered a bug few days before going gold and disabled it.

If i'm offline bawsaq shows the maintenance error, it shows up when i'm connected by doesn't update.

• OVERCOVER likes this

BigIce17
  • BigIce17

A Righteous Yout

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:28 AM

Hmmm. I support you on this theory man it seems possible.

Vellocet
  • Vellocet

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:52 AM

Well the manual thing sure looks like it, but why make it Social Club only ?

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:00 AM

Because it appears like it has to connect to SC for one reason or another just like Bawsaq stock exchange, which is currently down in-game too for most people because of SC.

GTA5FAN055
  • GTA5FAN055

XBOX GT GTA5FAN055

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:23 AM

If the SC is down for this issue imagian when half a billion people start up online at once

ChromeAndroid
  • ChromeAndroid

You Bet

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:25 AM

Why are they not in the guide if they are there? BAWSAQ is.

ninjasonredbull
  • ninjasonredbull

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:35 AM

youtube.com/watch?v=ATKZg_21AIo

30 missions in gta v i bought this safehouse with franklin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users