Quantcast

» «
Photo

Poll: Users experiencing freezing problems on X360

15 replies to this topic

Poll: GTA V Freezing (72 member(s) have cast votes)

Is the Xbox 360 console you are experiencing freezing with an old model?

1. Yes (63 votes [87.50%])

Percentage of vote: 87.50%

2. No (9 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Have all other games you've tested since experiencing freezing on GTA V worked perfectly?

1. Yes (69 votes [95.83%])

Percentage of vote: 95.83%

2. No (3 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote
McKee
  • McKee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:23 PM

Since hundreds of us are experiencing freezing on old 360 models - with Rockstar Support  being worse than useless about these complaints, giving the same stock reply to every single one - I was thinking a poll showing just how many people are finding the game unplayable may make them shift their arse in gear. 

Sort it out Rockstar innit.

damianj6
  • damianj6

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

every 10 mins or so , exactly as above

pineapplecoaster
  • pineapplecoaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

I have an older model and it has played every single game until now. I took 3 days off specifically to play GTA V and now I can't...to say that I am butthurt would be an understatement. 

• w3llborn likes this

JayBlaazer
  • JayBlaazer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:11 AM Edited by JayBlaazer, 19 September 2013 - 01:12 AM.

Had to make an account just to get in on this. This is also happening to me and its driving me crazy.

• BuQQzz likes this

Hypertion
  • Hypertion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:07 AM

I'm going to say here as well my own results..

my older Xbox model would freeze at certain points no matter what combination of HDD or USB i used. i finally gave up and busted out a back up i have had in storage for only a year.

that 2012 xbox360 never froze once... i didn't transfer anything over yet, game saves or profiles so its playing offline too. as well tho i don't really intend to, simply because this game SHOULD work on the older one since it plays any other game just fine. This spare was bought because Xbox's have at best a year of play life for me before they seem to croak.... and the warranty on the old one is long dead (repaired it myself the last time almost a year ago, haven't used it like i normally do tho...) 

To summarize, my issue boiled down to being the older hardware failing to run the game for w/e reason. i tried the old box with just a 20gig spare HDD i have had since my first XBOX (i currently use a 250) and without the wifi plugged in so it wasnt the internet connection causing the problem... could have been a firmware update as i had downloaded one just before. but that should save to the HDD.

Ws9191
  • Ws9191

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

I've also got the same problem. Im lucky to have found other people with the same problem, but so far it looks like theres no way to resolve it. I've got an older model xbox ('08) and never have ANY problems with any other game. I shouldn't have to buy a new damn xbox to play this game.

BuQQzz
  • BuQQzz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

Had to make an account just to get in on this. This is also happening to me and its driving me crazy.

Had to create an account as well to vote on this ! I'm so pissed and mind boggled that every single game I have played before GTA V has run smooth but R* is telling me its my Xbox... Good one.
  • JayBlaazer likes this

Cr!minal
  • Cr!minal

Career Criminal

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

Now I'm worried. I have 120GB Elite model and I haven't received my copy yet (thanks GAME). This is really aggravating issue if true, because every Xbox 360 hardware should be identical (if we don't count optional peripherals). R* better sort this out quickly.

Dan Dark
  • Dan Dark

Freelancer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

Dug up my account from who knows how long ago special to vote and comment on this - I have no freaking clue what's going on with this game. First try, first set of discs, worked just fine - try to start it up again, it takes several tries just to get past the opening logos - it just freezes completely, forcing a hard reset. Once past those, it does work (save one random crash while playing, throwing the same "Disc is unreadable" error as when it refuses to even start)... Returned those discs, got a new set, and it's EVEN WORSE. I've tried multiple times now just to install the darn game - out of probably 20+ tries, it has only recognized the install disc three times; each time it starts out fine, slows horribly around the 4000 MB of the install, then freezes once it hits "Loading Story Mode." The first two tries it actually got to asking for disc 2 - this latest try froze before even getting to the second disc.

What REALLY confuses me is that it doesn't seem to solely be the disc; I tried them in a different (newer) Xbox, and it worked just fine. Further, a friend of mine, who has an older system, has no problems (though I think he did send his in for maintenence at one point and had the disc drive replaced - that might be relevant). So, maybe it's not the disc... yet how come this is the ONLY game my system can't read?

• BuQQzz likes this

BuQQzz
  • BuQQzz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:56 PM

Theres a number from rockstar support its 1-866-405-5464 I haven't called yet but I saw on another forum that they called and the representative said they were going to look into it and call back. I'll try when I get out of work and report back

Langen
  • Langen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

It is quite bad that they are neglecting a whole generation of consoles.. I cannot find anything on the package that says the console has to be newer than X and has not suffered from an RROD and hasn't been repaired by Microsoft. At least not this far.
  • BuQQzz likes this

BuQQzz
  • BuQQzz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

My friend and I have the same 20gb model and his GTA v has been running perfectly fine . I'm getting fed up...

Mimen
  • Mimen

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

2 xbox.

Launch day 2005 model arcade with 20gig drive ( bought at later date )

2012 model xbox slim with 250gig drive.

Both work flawlessly. Played most on slim but today ( have flu ) have played on arcade. Easily played for 5/6 hours while in bed.

BuQQzz
  • BuQQzz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

Still no luck with all these "methods" from MS and R*... it seems as if R* is avoiding this issue as I've read that they are working on a patch for lost cars in your garage instead of a bigger concern..

idealist
  • idealist

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

I am currently dealing with the "can't get through the first mission (ludendorff) without a system crash / system reboot.  This is after following R*'s advice for the "storage issue" solution. 

This is after I deleted all of my saved files from both the disc and cloud even.  Again, R*'s official troubleshooting advice.

This is after I purchased a new gen xbox 360 w 250 gigs, and a second DVD which crashed due to the "storage" error. Official troubleshooting advice, mind you.  So far R* has advised that I spend about $500 to try to play GTA5 on an old xbox, new xbox, and new GTA5 discs from the store.  Well, I did all that and I'm having the same problem on an old xbox, a brand-spanking-new console, and 2 brand new discs.

Kind of looking forward to the first patch.  If they are working fixing this problem, I would really appreciate an official tweet.  If it doesn't work and the company doesn't fix it, I might sue the company in small claims court, just to make a point.  They can keep their billion they made off of it, I have no interest in their profits.

This is f*cked up.I follow all of their official advice and it just makes me buy more xboxes and copies of the game.

• BuQQzz likes this

HalfDead1247
  • HalfDead1247

Eats Lighting, Sh!ts Thunder

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

It froze on me during a RAMPAGE, but I was playing on PS3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users