Photo

Buying a car "online"

13 replies to this topic
VettelS
  • VettelS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

I bought a car (a "Crusader") on the Internet with Franklin. Then I got an order confirmation email saying that my car had been delivered. But it's not in Grove Street garage (I bought the garage previously) and it's not at Franklin's house.

Has anyone else bought a car online or knows where it gets delivered to?

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

Theres problems with buying cars and keeping them in V. I think a patch is just needed.

VettelS
  • VettelS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:44 AM

bump

RLebron12
  • RLebron12

[Lost Kings] Street Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:50 AM

Ive been having problems with my finding cars after I buy them and grab them from the garage...definitely think they need a patch

rocketboy
  • rocketboy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:59 AM

I had the same thing with Michael. I bought a car, it said delivered to my garage so I check the garage at his house and..... Nothing there??

Mac316
  • Mac316

It's MY car, idiot!

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:09 AM

Yea I have noticed this myself and also I seem to end up with different brand of cars at my properties which I didn't even own lol.

• BuyMeTheMoon and Lokey87 like this

Vicer Exciser
  • Vicer Exciser

Strawberrys...are packed with fiber!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

Do we need to buy garages before we can order cars via internet? because i can`t click the "order"-button .

LeonVegaSuarez
  • LeonVegaSuarez

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

You need to buy a garage first, vinewood garage i think. costs 30k. every car you buy online will be there.

• Vicer Exciser likes this

Vicer Exciser
  • Vicer Exciser

Strawberrys...are packed with fiber!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:55 AM

You need to buy a garage first, vinewood garage i think. costs 30k. every car you buy online will be there.

thanks, now that will be my next investment. :lol:

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:04 AM Edited by one55, 19 September 2013 - 08:05 AM.

I bought a sports car, a dirt bike, a bmx and a mountain bike yesterday. I was confused at first too because they didn't appear in my garage (in Vinewood Hills). Go to Grove St Garage (as Franklin), that's where they are stored. You don't need to buy the garages but you might have to unlock them...I'm not sure but it should be marked on your map.

Also, if you lose your (legally owned) car and you can't find it...go to the impound. It will be there. You don't need to wait for a email/text message saying to pick it up.

DJS
  • DJS

ʕᴥʔ

• GTAF Crew
  • Scotland
  • Best Scottish

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

The thing is, i already own each of the garages that apparently you have to buy. Started the game owning them...

• one55 likes this

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:07 AM

The thing is, i already own each of the garages that apparently you have to buy. Started the game owning them...

Same here. I never paid for them. Like I said in my post...maybe they unlock at a certain stage? I don't know but they've been there from the start I think. 

DJS
  • DJS

ʕᴥʔ

• GTAF Crew
  • Scotland
  • Best Scottish

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:08 AM

Same here. I never paid for them. Like I said in my post...maybe they unlock at a certain stage? I don't know but they've been there from the start I think. 

Nah, they are already unlocked even though i didn't buy them. Used them a few times too.

danowat
  • danowat

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:21 AM

This is something the game doesn't explain that well.

There is confusion between the safehouse garage, and your actual garage.

Each character has a safehouse garage at their residential property, and also an actual garage, Michaels is Vinewood garage, Franklins is Grove street garage.

These are the garages your online purchased vehicles will go into, I would also recommend storing upgraded and stolen vehicles in these garages, as they appear more 'stable' than the safehouse / residential garage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users