No cops?

20 replies to this topic
R.F.
  • R.F.

Who are these guys?

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

I have played this game for about 16 hours, I'm half way through the game and I never saw ONCE a police officer walking on a sidewalk or a police car wondering the streets. I've seen some police cars chasing some bad guys but that's it! I only see cops when I'm wanted...

Do any of you have the same issue?

Hazzer RC
  • Hazzer RC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

I have played this game for about 16 hours, I'm half way through the game and I never saw ONCE a police officer walking on a sidewalk or a police car wondering the streets. I've seen some police cars chasing some bad guys but that's it! I only see cops when I'm wanted...

i have the same issue as you

NorthofSeattle
  • NorthofSeattle

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:56 PM

Nah I've seen a couple on patrol while I'm just cruising. 

MysteryShadow
  • MysteryShadow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:56 PM

I've seen some cops. Not a lot, but a few cop-cars driving around minding their own business. Along the highway, up towards the left side of the map, there are several of them, standing here and there at the side of the road, just like they watch over the traffic.

PZVNGI
  • PZVNGI

BOSS

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

I usually find them parked on the side of the freeway, I'm assuming to catch speeders.

Alpha55
  • Alpha55

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:03 PM

I've seen a couple going up and down the road past Franklin's house heading towards Grove street every once in a while and as mentioned above, theres usually one parked by the side of the freeway out in the country side. But yeah I don't think i've seen any walk around or anything i've seen in previous GTA's. Not that i'm complaining.... gives me more time to knock out some peds!

A Northern German
  • A Northern German

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:03 PM Edited by Preusse, 18 September 2013 - 11:05 PM.

Haven't been in LS County and Blaine County much yet. But I never saw patrolling cops in Los Santos, never. No patrolling police cars, no patrolling officers without police car. I don't like that.

Every time I saw a cop car in LS a few seconds later the sirens started and the car started to chase another car.

StevenHTX
  • StevenHTX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

Same here

Rarely see cops on the street, or cops walking on the side.

Man... this is another reason why I made my thread about this game feeling off to me...

But yet somehow you shoot a pistol and you get 2 stars

Bageebi
  • Bageebi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

I see them regularly.  

Carmeloniko
  • Carmeloniko

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:08 PM

police offers dont really walk on the street in real life :/

anon123
  • anon123

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:13 PM

In real life you can go weeks without noticing a police officer.
  • notch and MysteryShadow like this

JayMosEnvied
  • JayMosEnvied

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:15 PM

This is something I noticed but not bothered by it. Like somebody said, cops don't usually walk the streets. I have seen a few drive by casual and even in high speed chases with the ghetto bird following them. I also spot them parked along the highways

R.F.
  • R.F.

Who are these guys?

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:15 PM

Well in gtaiv there were definitely too much cops everywhere. On the streets, in cars, in front of some buildings etc. I guess this is more realistic but still...

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

In real life you can go weeks without noticing a police officer.

Not in my neighborhood!

17th
  • 17th

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

I had never seen any cops patrol on the street. Hope it will be patched

matt_jada
  • matt_jada

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

Personally i prefer it myself. Gta iv was ridiculous with police presence on every fking street.

I see police in LS but there pulled over watching for crime rather than driving round doing feck all.

Went to airport earlier and saw a few armed police hanging around which is cool.

In real life you dont see many cops cruising streets all over the place, instead they get called out. Imo they have it right this time. If you keep an eye out, there are plenty of police parked up and waiting.

Also on the topic of police, i love how they now react to you and how they chase you, intelligence levels are hugely increased. Love it

R.F.
  • R.F.

Who are these guys?

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

Personally i prefer it myself. Gta iv was ridiculous with police presence on every fking street.

I see police in LS but there pulled over watching for crime rather than driving round doing feck all.

Went to airport earlier and saw a few armed police hanging around which is cool.

In real life you dont see many cops cruising streets all over the place, instead they get called out. Imo they have it right this time. If you keep an eye out, there are plenty of police parked up and waiting.

Also on the topic of police, i love how they now react to you and how they chase you, intelligence levels are hugely increased. Love it

I agree on your last note, the wanted system is absolutely fantastic!

Lildigg22
  • Lildigg22

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

Ive seen several out driving in my times in LS. Never seen any in Blaine County
  • spike88 likes this

MysteryShadow
  • MysteryShadow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

I've seen a couple going up and down the road past Franklin's house heading towards Grove street every once in a while and as mentioned above, theres usually one parked by the side of the freeway out in the country side. But yeah I don't think i've seen any walk around or anything i've seen in previous GTA's. Not that i'm complaining.... gives me more time to knock out some peds!

The cool thing is, that when you knock out a ped, someone will see it, and dial 911 :-p

Paradoxical
  • Paradoxical

Russian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

Very rarely I see them parked up as if they're using a radar gun or something. I've only seen a couple actually cruising in Blaine County

KingJay
  • KingJay

BTNHLegacy

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:03 AM

Thank god, I mean in GTA 4 every corner I turned there was a f*cking cop there. It pissed me off because I wasn't able to steal a car without getting a f*cking star.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users