Quantcast

» «
Photo

AMAZING! THANK YOU ALL! LAMAR LOVES YOU!

444 replies to this topic
double071990
  • double071990

synister assasyn

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

Thats awsome man if your really him. f*cking sick that you keep inntouch with the comunity

The Hylander
  • The Hylander

That Guy

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

Wassup everybody? My name is Slink Johnson, actor/writer/comedian and the likeness and voice of Lamar from GTA V. I've been silently watching these forums for some time now and I just wanna say thank you to all you guys/girls for your interest and support! This is by far the biggest project I've been part of, thus far in my career and it is a very, very humbling experience. I've been sitting on this secret for 4 years and finally I can reveal it! YAAAAY, MUTHAf*ckAS! As a game fan myself, I was excited and anticipating the release of GTA V and seeing it, it exceeds my expectation and my wildest dreams! I'm glad to know that everyone is enjoying the project! This sh*t is WILD! Again, on behalf of myself and my homeboy Solo (Franklin), I just personally thank everybody for helping GTA V have one of the biggest launches ever and helping me achieve my goals and live my dreams. I love yall muthaf*ckas for that! Keep playing, keep dreaming and don't let anyone tell you YOU CAN'T. Getcho money, yall! HA! GANGSTA sh*t!!!

Much Love,
Slink Johnson
aka
Lamar Davis

instagram.com/slinkybaby
twitter.com/slinkybaby
facebook.com/slinkjohnson

Just gotta get rid of that yeye ass haircut

Wannabe in LS
  • Wannabe in LS

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

You did an amazing job. Dat employee of the month conversation <3

That was the standout for me. Absolutely hilarious and played to perfection. Congrats for being in such a massive hit and thank you for coming on the forums.

mattymcs
  • mattymcs

For sho'

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

Congratulations on doing an amazing job as one of the best side characters in GTA, not only in V but in the whole series of games.I hope this leads to bigger things for both you and Solo.

JayMosEnvied
  • JayMosEnvied

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

Good sh*t my nigga! 

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

Wassup everybody? My name is Slink Johnson, actor/writer/comedian and the likeness and voice of Lamar from GTA V. I've been silently watching these forums for some time now and I just wanna say thank you to all you guys/girls for your interest and support! This is by far the biggest project I've been part of, thus far in my career and it is a very, very humbling experience. I've been sitting on this secret for 4 years and finally I can reveal it! YAAAAY, MUTHAf*ckAS! As a game fan myself, I was excited and anticipating the release of GTA V and seeing it, it exceeds my expectation and my wildest dreams! I'm glad to know that everyone is enjoying the project! This sh*t is WILD! Again, on behalf of myself and my homeboy Solo (Franklin), I just personally thank everybody for helping GTA V have one of the biggest launches ever and helping me achieve my goals and live my dreams. I love yall muthaf*ckas for that! Keep playing, keep dreaming and don't let anyone tell you YOU CAN'T. Getcho money, yall! HA! GANGSTA sh*t!!!

Much Love,
Slink Johnson
aka
Lamar Davis

instagram.com/slinkybaby
twitter.com/slinkybaby
facebook.com/slinkjohnson

Loved your character. Good job my nigga. And congrats on this project

AceofDiamonds
  • AceofDiamonds

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

We are gonna hear your voice on GTA Online aswell  :music:

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:58 PM

Favourite moment. I lol every time. 10/10

• archiebunker likes this

SoaknFuzed
  • SoaknFuzed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:06 AM

man that's wassup. thanks for doing a great job bringing this game to life man truly job well done thank you.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:13 AM

You did a great job. No matter how stupid Lamar was (no offence, lol) he was a great character, and I liked him a lot.

BaM BooZeLLed
  • BaM BooZeLLed

Scooby Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:18 AM Edited by BaM BooZeLLed, 26 September 2013 - 04:18 AM.

The "Niiigggaaaa" line is from Friday just sayin. All around good job on the voice work, I have to admit you were my least favorite character always holding Frank back haha, but that was the point and at the end the character redeems himself. 

How did you get involved with R* or how did you get the part? 

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:18 AM

WOOOOO! Holy hell, this is awesome. 

Let me just say, I fking loved your work as Lamar. Hell yeah! Right up there with Trevor's work. You should be put right up there in best voice actors in gaming. Some of the best one liners in the damn game. 

Also, props to you for being in the community and checking this out. That's so bad ass, and it's nice to see someone who still remembers that there IS a community to check out. 

Keep up the great work. It's going to be great to hear ya work on GTA Online as well. There's a reason why Lamar is my favorite character to hang out with in the game. 

ThirdCoastG187
  • ThirdCoastG187

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:37 AM

wat up lamar u da homieee manyee keep it gangsta dawgg

Ice1980
  • Ice1980

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:51 AM

I believe you but isn't Shawn Fonteno the guy who plays Franklin not OG Solo?

Shawn Fonteno and OG Solo=same person.

HI and awesome work! I had a lot of fun and enjoyed your role! Now since your here can you bring Shawn on board? Would love to hear from him too peace!

ThirdCoastG187
  • ThirdCoastG187

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:29 AM

Awesome job Slink!

You're my favorite character in the game, respect.

Are you the dude in the Everest college parody commercial or the Tubesteak videosl

lol u talmbout mike eps

ThirdCoastG187
  • ThirdCoastG187

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:34 AM Edited by ThirdCoastG187, 26 September 2013 - 06:34 AM.

The "Niiigggaaaa" line is from Friday just sayin. All around good job on the voice work, I have to admit you were my least favorite character always holding Frank back haha, but that was the point and at the end the character redeems himself. 

how u dislike lamar when he the only person who answer the phone to chill 

BaM BooZeLLed
  • BaM BooZeLLed

Scooby Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

how u dislike lamar when he the only person who answer the phone to chill 

I want to be making that paper not sitting around wasting life. He was selfish and wouldn't listen to Frank when he was trying to help him out, all Lamar wanted was to stay stuck in his lame ways while Frank was trying to get him out. It wasnt till Lamar needed help before he started listening to ol Frank. He's alright but man he does sum dum sheet.  

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:23 AM

Ha gangsta sh*t! ts really awesome to have real life lLamar in gtaf.

Kipsta
  • Kipsta

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:15 AM

Wow! I wonder how many others are secretly here :p

Just out of curiosity, did you also do the motion-capture for Lamar?

Redwood Cigarettes
  • Redwood Cigarettes

The R★ Games Collector.

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

954819_410368125729618_612798784_n.jpg

100% legit. Which is f*cking awsome!

Respect Slink! Real great job as Lamar he's one of my favourite friend characters in V. 
Me and him have a good time at the strip club, he sure likes staring at those pole dancers!  :lol: 

Thanks for posting here and hope you get more acting work from this, especially in major video games!

Richard378
  • Richard378

Busta

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

Ahahaha. Good Job on the acting of Lamar. Funny as hell dude.

PHOENIXZERO
  • PHOENIXZERO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

Regardless of feelings on the characters you all did an awesome job with bringing them to life!

Look forward to see what we do with Lamar in GTAO.

Technodiq
  • Technodiq

Drink, feck, arse, girrrls!

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:14 AM

Oh wows, wasn't convinced until the pic! Nice work dude, you're one lucky bastard to have got that job, would kill for it myself!

LemonStreet
  • LemonStreet

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:55 AM

When Lamar was asking for cash I thought "What a sissy pussy ass bitch". So I really dont like the character but as actor it was all nail on.

evilrex
  • evilrex

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:05 AM Edited by evilrex, 28 September 2013 - 06:06 AM.

One of the greatest lines in the game: 

Thanks so much for creating such a memorable character man! :)

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

Amazing, thanks for taking the time to post and for acknowledging us girls too.  All the best.  :)

PikachuBoy
  • PikachuBoy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

will you get a spin off dlc where we can play as lamar?

Afusensi
  • Afusensi

BUSTED!

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

Favourite moment. I lol every time. 10/10

PREACH

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:51 PM Edited by Munx, 29 September 2013 - 09:52 PM.

A bit delayed perhaps, but I just have to say great job on the voice acting, you made lamar into one of the most beliveable characters I've ever seen in a gta game, not to mention games in general.

I can't help but hope that your character has plenty of lines in the online portion of the game aswell,  and I have to admit I am REALLY hoping we'll see lamar as a playable character trough dlc at some point, your portrayal of lamar davis is protagonist lvl material in my book!

Keep up the good work, and I hope your awesome performance in gta v lands you many future gigs of similar caliber.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:20 AM Edited by TheIllaDopest, 30 September 2013 - 02:20 AM.

dude you are f*cking hilarious! I love the dialogs and jokes you crack. Good sh*t homie thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users