» «

444 replies to this topic
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:04 AM

Thanks for your work in GTA V !

You were the perfect voice for Lamar. It's cool to see someone who played such a big role in the game acknowledging these forums. Keep up the amazing work my friend! :^:  :^:

• djv3n0m and xxxtrasavage like this

• LeonVegaSuarez

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:25 AM

Haha damn Slink, you were f*cking awesome as Lamar. Had me cracking up like no other character in the game. MAD PROPS BRO

• xxxtrasavage likes this

• djsplash

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:04 AM

Wassup everybody? My name is Slink Johnson, actor/writer/comedian and the likeness and voice of Lamar from GTA V. I've been silently watching these forums for some time now and I just wanna say thank you to all you guys/girls for your interest and support! This is by far the biggest project I've been part of, thus far in my career and it is a very, very humbling experience. I've been sitting on this secret for 4 years and finally I can reveal it! YAAAAY, MUTHAf*ckAS! As a game fan myself, I was excited and anticipating the release of GTA V and seeing it, it exceeds my expectation and my wildest dreams! I'm glad to know that everyone is enjoying the project! This sh*t is WILD! Again, on behalf of myself and my homeboy Solo (Franklin), I just personally thank everybody for helping GTA V have one of the biggest launches ever and helping me achieve my goals and live my dreams. I love yall muthaf*ckas for that! Keep playing, keep dreaming and don't let anyone tell you YOU CAN'T. Getcho money, yall! HA! GANGSTA sh*t!!!

Much Love,
Slink Johnson
Lamar Davis

Your character has had me weak so far !! 😂😂😂😂 Great work
  • djv3n0m and xxxtrasavage like this

• god84

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

What a fantastic job you both did. And its awesome that you have taken the time to talk to the games fans!

Even though Lamar is annoying your ability to remain the same throughout the game and fluidity in your lines is amazing. Good luck in Holly/Vinewood :)

• Jedi_mindtricks2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:39 AM Edited by Jedi_mindtricks2, 21 September 2013 - 10:40 AM.

Thank you for being the voice actor of one of the most funniest GTA characters in history, seriously i like Lamar man. Thanks for having the time to join this forum and thank us for our support. :) I have completed the storyline, but i will still hang out with lamar many times.

I want to add you on Ps3 but i think your friendlist is full already :( . Anyway, i will try to add you if not possible i hope i will see you online one day playing GTA :)

PSN: Jedi_Mindtricks2

• Degrees

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

From the first trailer I knew Lamar was going to be my favourite you did a job thanks.

• CaptainBabyGravy

I'll kill you, right in the face.

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

Hey man! Lamar is an awesome character, one of my favourites. Are you planning on sticking around? :)

• Bullit1990

A bit paranoid.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

Dude, your awesome!

Lamar is a great character, I would park the car on missions just to hear the full arguments with Franklin :p

You did it perfectly man, I aplaud and thank you!

• DarkLordSmurf

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

Well aint this awesome!

Lamar is by far my favorite NPC in any GTA. Great work :)

• TheWarzoneXL

Banging Michael's Housekeeper

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

You did a fantastic job!

• Crookid

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:11 AM Edited by Crookid, 22 September 2013 - 09:12 AM.

I signed up to make this comment lol. Although I see myself on these forums a lot since I do get quite invested in-game and out with the few that get me addicted.

However, I wanted to shout out Lamar! I swear, the gap in the middle of the game where you aren't in a bit, I turned to my girl and was like wtf.., where is Lamar. I miss that G. She was like I know wtf. She likes to watch me play because the game is like a movie. You popped back in the next mission and I was stoked.

I swear, everyone talks about Trevor and while he is great Lamar is my fav character hands down. Even over the main characters. Maybe I just relate more being from NY. But Yo, Franklin need to quit whinin!

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:20 AM

You did an amazing job. Dat employee of the month conversation <3

• Alfabutt

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:07 AM

Great voice actin dude. Although u played a smaller roll ur presence was awsome on screen pal proppa ghetto nd authentic 'niggaaaa' ha that whole expression was funny. This is just a stepping stone and ur gunna get a lot more guys call ur agent for work. Just remember when u get to the top always remember the guys that supported u homie. Peace out!

• TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

Ay Slink...Awesome job. I was worried they wouldnt have a convincing character in the supportive role for Frank but you pulled it off and brought some real authenticity to that side of GTA 5, you and Solo both.

I hope Rockstar brings you back as the main protaganist for one of GTA 5s Expansions.

• ArcherTheGreat

Master Chief's Backseat Driver

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

By far one of the best characters in the game. The hood vibe is so rich solely cuz of Lamar (you of course). Best of luck for your career ahead, seems like you'll have a really bright one. Contracts will be flooding your letterbox any second now :>

• mambonutz

Northern Canuck

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

Slink...I'm still trying to process it all...lol

This is the most incredibly detailed world I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing.

Wow! Tough to put in words...know what I mean? It's overwhelming at times!

The complete team at Rockstar has put the bar out of reach...forever.

What an amazing job of milking the last bit of power out of the aging 360...unimaginable...:)

No one can touch this one.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

Man, I haven't got to play the game yet, but from what I've seen in the trailers and whatnot you did an awesome job!!

Sounding more like a snee-eye-itch every day! :lol:

I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of V and see Lamar in-game.

Cheers man, great job!

• PatrickJr.

SFM Artist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

OG For Life.

Pretty awesome character Lamar was.

When I first played GTA V. I loved it when LD said Nigga in a singy style of way. Franklin said "What!?"

• XxIrishBlizzardxX

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

I love the mission where Trevor, yourself and Franklin transport the vehicles to Paelto Bay for Devin, the conversation with Trevor and you were insane and hilarious!

''The f*cker got f*cked himself!!'' LOL. <3

• Kernel32

New World Order

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

Hey Slink, great voice acting, great caracter! It's lovely to see you shout out to the fans. Holla back at ya bro!

Keep em commin'

• Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

Keepin a g ain't nothin you ain't goin to like it because the the hood don't love it, watch a hound nigga show his ass out in public . AYY. Sup Lamar!

• Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

When GTA online launches, we gon' all play together! Look for me! PSN gamer tag: saulteeknutz

You have Xbox?

• Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

My kudos to you man. You did a perfect job with this game. I always laughed at Lamar, got into the character just sooo well! And as always:

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

hey man, do you have a Social Club acc? I'll also add you on PSN. :)

• iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

Good job Slink, good character.

Someone call Trevor

• Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• North-Korea

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

When GTA online launches, we gon' all play together! Look for me! PSN gamer tag: saulteeknutz

You have Xbox?

What's your GT? This new retarded forum format got f*cking rid of everything that was important, and didn't even bother to add an auto merge function.

• totally_blown likes this

• Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

Lol the part where you said "Niggaaaaa" is probably one of the funniest things I ever seen in a GTA video game. It had me crackin up for hours. LOL.

• IMr_SmithI and R3MMURD like this

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

Good work on the role Lamar was definitely a stand out character.

• eightysixpcf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

You did a very good job. thank you.

• sheehy83

Boards-ie Leader

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

That's class, Slink, serious voice acting man! You got a lot of fans in Ireland too! Always funny convo's with Franklin, needed more!

• LethalDrizzle likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users