Quantcast

» «
Photo

AMAZING! THANK YOU ALL! LAMAR LOVES YOU!

414 replies to this topic
reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

Ha, awesome. LD was certainly one of the standout performances!

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

"Ah, nigga, don't hate me because I'm beautiful, nigga. Maybe if you got rid of that old ye-ye ass haircut you'd get some bitches on ya dick. Oh, better yet, maybe Tanisha might call yo dog ass if she ever stop f*ckin' with that brain surgeon or lawyer she f*ckin' with. Nigga."

Best scene in the game. The "Nigga" line was a reference to the movie "Friday" where Smokey says it the same exact way.

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:53 PM Edited by kasheku, 25 October 2013 - 03:54 PM.

My best fun so far is playing as Trevor, and inviting Lamar out. that fool is ready to kill somebody no matter what.

idrift
  • idrift

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

Fantastic job with the Lamar voice over I will be looking out for your future works.

tch2296
  • tch2296

Giant Siberian Priest Just Chillin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:03 PM

Holy sh*t dude! I just wanna say I laughed my ass off during ur voice acting. It's pure genius and you played the character perfectly! I actually spent time looking up online who was Lamar's voice actor even though I never even thought to check anyone else out! I was like who the f*ck is Slink Johnson haha id assumed it was a standup comedian or something

shotta887
  • shotta887

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:28 AM

u did a great job on that one good acting and timing Lamar is grimey

respect to u all the way from Portugal, Europe

tch2296
  • tch2296

Giant Siberian Priest Just Chillin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:36 AM Edited by tch2296, 27 October 2013 - 11:37 AM.

Musta been cool meeting Steven Ogg too that guy's a trip!

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:23 PM

This is amazing. Lamar is my favorite character in GTA V. Great job acting, man. Working for R* is truly a dream come true.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

Nice job!
Loved the scene where you and

Spoiler

n11lc2
  • n11lc2

Lurker Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

I don't usually post on these forums (too many kids sometimes) but i logged in just to thank you for the excellent performance and humor you've brought to the game.

Tokin
  • Tokin

Snee-i-itch

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:05 PM

Most quotable character alongside Trevor :D

great job.

AERARAAN
  • AERARAAN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:21 PM

Link to some new gta stimulus money news

Andy_lattermen
  • Andy_lattermen

Shot Caller

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

scuse me mr lamar sir its an honour i always call you to jack people for me thank you
  • EvilFuture and cutter666 like this

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:30 PM

Slink, I'd just like to say how grateful we all are to have you on here. It's not every day you get one of the GTA voices on this forum. We're grateful for that.
I really loved your work as Lamar (And thanks for welcoming me to Los Santos online, though you beat me in the race). I can't think of a bad voice acting performance in GTA V. I loved your Lamar, and Lazlow was great too. And Fabien..... I could go on....
If you wanna game some GTA some day (PS3), hit me with a friend invite. My name is the same as on here.

Good work, and I wish you all the best....

LibSity
  • LibSity

Genetically Superior

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:57 PM

If you've been sitting on this for 4 years, then that means R* at least had a decent grip on the storyline a year after IV released... Interesting. Maybe this means R* is already planning VI...

shotta887
  • shotta887

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:46 AM

lamar was grimey i loved when in the first missions on that part u go with franklin to the eses hood and u play it cool when the eses pass by with a car 

kometenk
  • kometenk

CookieAddict

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

By far my favourite character in gta 5! :D

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:37 PM

We love you too Lamar!! :D

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

Lamar was f*cking awesome, he should have been one of the playable protagonists.

• twistedweather likes this

Nitsuj Rasta
  • Nitsuj Rasta

Kilo Tray Ballas

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

Lamar was f*cking awesome, he should have been one of the playable protagonists.

Should definitely let the hommie be one of the playable characters.. 

Lamar wasn't even a "main" protagonists and I wanted to play as him more than Franklin lol. 

• twistedweather and FANTOMTRON like this

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

Should definitely let the hommie be one of the playable characters.. 

Lamar wasn't even a "main" protagonists and I wanted to play as him more than Franklin lol. 

oh-yes.gif

• Nitsuj Rasta likes this

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:53 AM Edited by Grand Theft Savage, 19 November 2013 - 03:38 AM.

"You pray to yo white man god, homie; I'm going to the great plain beyond where the buffalo keep roamin' and the little squaw bitches want me to nut on they face all day"

I almost died at this line

• DerrickColton likes this

DerrickColton
  • DerrickColton

My Vag Is Addicted To Meth

• Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

HAHAHAHA .. maybe if you got rid of that ol yee yee ass hair cut nigga you might get some bitches on ya dick... I literally had to pause and wipe my eyes I couldnt stop laughing oh my god. sh*t was PERFECT!!!!! GOOD WORK MY DUDE. CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU IN SOME MORE sh*t. YOURE ON POINT!!! THEY GON PUT YOU AS LEAD NEXT I BET!!!!

NickStone
  • NickStone

My member doesn't have a title.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

Always felt Lamar didn't get the play he deserved. I actually liked him better than Franklin. He got nothing but dumped on and dragged down, and any time Franklin did something nice for him, Franklin expected to be hung on a cross for it. Franklin coulda done a better job of bringin Lamar in on things. "Pretty bad when I gotta get a GPS on my homie from a meth head."

I found it ironic that when Lamar was rescued ("Lamar Down") Franklin had some 500 million, but... "wow, uhh....fifty bucks? I mean, damn homie, thanks for keepin a n*** down.." He was kinda like the cooler, (blacker) version of Zero from SA. "We'll use ya when we need ya, but screw go yerself when we don't."

xxxtrasavage Thanks for bringin the character to life! I just hope it wasn't your idea to drop the N-word in every...single...sentence. I spent 5 years in federal prison with some of the biggest blackest street brothas in NY, Philly and Baltimore, and even they didn't talk like that.. :p

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:34 AM Edited by tom_p1980, 20 November 2013 - 11:34 AM.

It's a shame that in a game like this you've got background characters like Lamar, Lester and Wade being better characters than the main protagonists. Those 3, in particular Lamar should have been given more screen time.

GTAPosterMaker
  • GTAPosterMaker

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

Poster Maker - Grand Theft Auto Edition : FREE iPhone App!!!

A mind-blowing app all GTA fans have been waiting for - create your OWN badass GTA poster!

Are you as seasoned as Michael, a beginner like Franklin or simply crazy like Trevor? Transform yourself into a GTA character in 3 simple steps - pick your image, add GTA effects, and enter name/text. 

Fun filters make it look more awesome. Share your poster on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and many more.. 

Download today! Free only for a limited time.

https://itunes.apple...96890?ls=1&mt=8

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL THE RAVERS IN THE NATION.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

They should've had it so Lamar dies at the end. That'd be hilarious!

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:21 AM

Wassup everybody? My name is Slink Johnson, actor/writer/comedian and the likeness and voice of Lamar from GTA V. I've been silently watching these forums for some time now and I just wanna say thank you to all you guys/girls for your interest and support! This is by far the biggest project I've been part of, thus far in my career and it is a very, very humbling experience. I've been sitting on this secret for 4 years and finally I can reveal it! YAAAAY, MUTHAf*ckAS! As a game fan myself, I was excited and anticipating the release of GTA V and seeing it, it exceeds my expectation and my wildest dreams! I'm glad to know that everyone is enjoying the project! This sh*t is WILD! Again, on behalf of myself and my homeboy Solo (Franklin), I just personally thank everybody for helping GTA V have one of the biggest launches ever and helping me achieve my goals and live my dreams. I love yall muthaf*ckas for that! Keep playing, keep dreaming and don't let anyone tell you YOU CAN'T. Getcho money, yall! HA! GANGSTA sh*t!!!

Much Love,
Slink Johnson
aka
Lamar Davis

instagram.com/slinkybaby
twitter.com/slinkybaby
facebook.com/slinkjohnson

So is there a jetpack? ;)

masterconch87
  • masterconch87

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:16 AM

Wassup everybody? My name is Slink Johnson, actor/writer/comedian and the likeness and voice of Lamar from GTA V. I've been silently watching these forums for some time now and I just wanna say thank you to all you guys/girls for your interest and support! This is by far the biggest project I've been part of, thus far in my career and it is a very, very humbling experience. I've been sitting on this secret for 4 years and finally I can reveal it! YAAAAY, MUTHAf*ckAS! As a game fan myself, I was excited and anticipating the release of GTA V and seeing it, it exceeds my expectation and my wildest dreams! I'm glad to know that everyone is enjoying the project! This sh*t is WILD! Again, on behalf of myself and my homeboy Solo (Franklin), I just personally thank everybody for helping GTA V have one of the biggest launches ever and helping me achieve my goals and live my dreams. I love yall muthaf*ckas for that! Keep playing, keep dreaming and don't let anyone tell you YOU CAN'T. Getcho money, yall! HA! GANGSTA sh*t!!!

Much Love,
Slink Johnson
aka
Lamar Davis

instagram.com/slinkybaby
twitter.com/slinkybaby
facebook.com/slinkjohnson

So is there a jetpack? ;)

you sir, are a lazy doush.. don't ask the man such stupid questions

twistedweather
  • twistedweather

dust in the wind

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:24 AM

Awesome job!   Loved the character you voiced. Some of my fave moments  of GTAV included Lamar and had me roflmao. 

Would love there to be a gangs of Los Santos DLC, Lamar included

Gangsta sh!t  bongin.gif

• Murray Bunyan likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users