Photo

Earn money, spend it on cars that vanish and outfits that your charact

25 replies to this topic
PhysiQz
  • PhysiQz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

I'm really enjoying this game, but I have an issue with the fact that the majority of things that Rockstar boasted about being able to spend your "petty" cash on 

Are rendered pointless due the glitches and the odd poor developer choice

The most popular things people are most likely too spend money on ( clothing and car modding ) are both flawed.

You can splash 100k on a car put it in a garage and it will  often vanish, so what's the point in us spending our earned cash if its just going to go down the drain?

The second most annoying feature is the fact your characters switch outfits, yes I do realise that they are suppose to live and do their own thing, but it's simply tedious and annoying. what's the point In spending time buying and planning an outfit out when it's simply going to get essentially reset all the time. 

I surely hope Rockstar address this so we can actually spend our money on things that wont just vanish into thin air and reset. 

On a positive note, the rest of the game is pretty much spot on. 

Anthonymrb
  • Anthonymrb

Collectors Edition

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

They wear the outfits you make, they are just in a cycle with their other ones. I agree with making cars though. Annoying that they disappear 

GTAV_Boss
  • GTAV_Boss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:53 PM

I have woke today to starting my game and going to the Forum Drive garage and opening it to see the BMX I bought in game and the Carbon bike I got with the CE edition not in the garage. 

They was there when I shut the game off.

Any clue where the vanished vehicles go?

Guess I will try the impound lot and hope they are there or they came back.

Shakes RockStar.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:58 PM

I've seriously never had a car disappear on me.

pitan666
  • pitan666

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

think its better to put them in impound..not sure

elkevin369
  • elkevin369

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

I had my car disappear on me playing as Michael, and then I found it parked in the driveway when I came back from a mission. I originally parked it in the garage too.

GoonerSoldier
  • GoonerSoldier

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

Ppl change clothes every day so its only normal if next time you switch characters they have different clothes than the last time you played with them.   Also the "glitch" of cars and bikes disappearing could be your stuff getting jacked by other thieves in town?  At least thats the way I like to look at it.  Sure your money goes to waste but next time you pimp out your ride make sure your a millionarie that way 100k or 500k you spend to customize is petty cash.

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

Cars disappearing?  I guess that's your reward for buying the midnight release.  Glitches don't get patched until later down the road.  It's one key reasons why I've never until this day bought a GTA on release day (or release month for that matter).  I almost broke that tradition with V.  But judging from the OP I'm glad I didn't.  Just give it some time though.  Games typically have flaws upon release.

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

The clothing "issue" is annoying sometimes, but it's a cool feature. I just wish I could make my own outfits and save the ones that I like. Make it to wear he will only change to outfits that I approve of.

• carisstr likes this

GTAV_Boss
  • GTAV_Boss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

I can buy another BMX but what I cant buy back is my vanished Carbon bike.

I went to the impound lot and nothing was there 

Can someone explain to me how one gets a car back that has been impounded?

Is the car just sitting in the lot or do I have to trigger something to get a car from the impound?

seinfeldvan
  • seinfeldvan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

I spent a sh*t load of money on one car. That dissappeared on me too. Not happy bout it. I hope they fix this

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

I like that they change clothes. Losing cars? Not so much.

Dmayne
  • Dmayne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

I've had Franklins car vanish when I got back home from the "The Long Stretch" forced me to reload, I just parked in out front across the street and it was still there when I finished mission.

Now with the clothes it's a little annoying, there is no way to save outfits. So were forced to use there preset ones on some missions. :cry:  Here's hoping they patch things to allow us to make like 5 outfits that the game will cycle through instead of using there presets.  But I really doubt that will hapopen anytime soon or if ever.

Bakb0ne
  • Bakb0ne

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

I've seriously never had a car disappear on me.

Same, I have all my garages full and never lost one, I even have the "special" vehicles still there.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

I can buy another BMX but what I cant buy back is my vanished Carbon bike.

I went to the impound lot and nothing was there 

Can someone explain to me how one gets a car back that has been impounded?

Is the car just sitting in the lot or do I have to trigger something to get a car from the impound?

Go to the impound entrance and press Right on the D-Pad. It'll bring up a menu with the cars impounded.

Malndor
  • Malndor

!?

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:28 PM

Agree, seen this happen to. There's no excuse when R* spent so long delaying the game. Only goes to show they were spending all that time focusing online an not giving a sh*t about single player.

So much delay, so many major bugs? Complete bullsh*t Cockstar!

GTAhole
  • GTAhole

BPC

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

Cars disappearing?  I guess that's your reward for buying the midnight release.  Glitches don't get patched until later down the road.  It's one key reasons why I've never until this day bought a GTA on release day (or release month for that matter).  I almost broke that tradition with V.  But judging from the OP I'm glad I didn't.  Just give it some time though.  Games typically have flaws upon release.

You're missing out on an awesome experience. Be it flawed or not. Any complaint is opinion based and minor compared to the game as a whole.

rela82me
  • rela82me

Three Point One Four

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:40 PM

The impound lot isn't on my map, is it by chance because I haven't explored that area or something?

theotherMittens
  • theotherMittens

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

i haven't played enough to know yet, but do they switch to clothes that you bought for them too, or just the presets?

AshMan306
  • AshMan306

Sit down and shut up.

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:48 PM

As to cars driving away on there own from the garage. If you save manually your cars will be there. I thought it would save it by its self but hey ho . As for the clothes am not too bothered about that because iv not really bought any yet and will not until i complete the story.

Dmayne
  • Dmayne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

i haven't played enough to know yet, but do they switch to clothes that you bought for them too, or just the presets?

Just the presets unfortunately, really makes buying clothes that much more useless.

theotherMittens
  • theotherMittens

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:56 PM

Just the presets unfortunately, really makes buying clothes that much more useless.

well, that's an odd choice

carisstr
  • carisstr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:13 AM

well, that's an odd choice

On my game they have occasionally worn something ive bought paired with something I havent. I think its randomized ??

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

SHUT UP AND BLEED

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:20 AM

I have played a ton the past 2 days and cars have not disappeared on me...

I smell BS...

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:56 AM

I have played a ton the past 2 days and cars have not disappeared on me...

I smell BS...

When you're the exception to the rule it is hardly bs.

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:08 AM

This would have to be my only complaint with the game. They should provide us with the option to keep our favorite outfits for each character. It is a bit annoying. I got Trevor looking like a sharp Crank-like assasin just to have the game dress him like a homeless man again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users