Photo

Things You Didn't Know About GTAV

77 replies to this topic
METALPUNK
  • METALPUNK

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

Here's a huge one for new players. I wish I knew when I got to this point. There's a point in the story where Franklin meets with Lester for the first time by himself. Lester will be by the pier. You can go the first time for some easy early game money but save the missions after with him for later, after you beat the game. These are assaanation missions that you can make a ton of money on through stocks. The easy way to do this is except the mission, Lester will tell you what company is gonna go way up in the stocks after you kill whoever. Be sure to by as many shares as possible of that company with all characters. So the best way to do this is look online to see what mission you are on and then invest with all 3 guys and then start mission, you won't be able to switch once you start the mission. Go kill the target and then watch the stock market. It'll keep going up until it tops out. Once it tops out be sure to sell quick with all the characters. If you don't it'll start going back down. It's always good to have a few saves before these missions so you don't lose out and get the most money possible.

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

You can shoot down the cable cars:-)

paydayp
  • paydayp

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

i think you can also always flip your car if your on your roof just keep pressing left or right it willl flip back over .

it can be that you can't do it if your car makes a full stop on it's roof i havent tested that i know for sure if there is a little move in your car you will be able to flip it back.

probably even when your completly still but im always in a hurry when im driving so i never wait for that:)

METALPUNK
  • METALPUNK

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

I know people will love this one since I see so many threads about it.

You can change your crosshair to be bigger. More like gta 4. Go to menu>Settings>display>weapon targeting>complex.

Now you'll have a bigger reticule for aiming. It's actually a crosshair now instead of a dot and guns like the grenade launcher are small circles.

fireman4426
  • fireman4426

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:02 AM

If you happen to kill your daughter as micheal you will get a text saying that's so not cool and she's not paying the bill.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:37 AM Edited by Lil ski, 16 October 2013 - 07:39 AM.

Apparently Prisoners can escape the prison was just off roading by the prison and a guy in a orange jumpsuit jumped out of some bushes asking me to stop. I sped off he was probably gonna try hijacking me.

Happened to me, he stole my entity fx and I never saw it again :( I just customized it :(
Idk wtf happened but I was at sandy shores outside Bincos minding my own Buisness when a black prisoner rolled up on me with an atv and said "GANGRENE MUTHA f*ckA!!" And shot my ass dead lol so random! :lol:

-also about burning out at the light and someone trying to race you, it is true, I do it all the time. But idk if the guy is actually racing me or just trying to get the f*ck away from my crazy ass lol.

-here's one I don't see anyone talk about!:
Deep in the mountains of Chiliad (you'll need a chopper to see it. You can't see it on foot) you will see the cops chasing a blue convertable with two women inside. They pause for a few seconds and then guns it off the cliff. If any of you kids are old enough, you might figure out that it's an awesome Easter egg to the ending of Thelma and Louise!! Except in this game you actually see them crash their car off the cliff and bursts into a ball of flame :pp (also apparently this Easter egg is only visible during sunset, like 7 or 8pm I'm thinking.)

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:43 AM

Has anyone mentioned the veteran nutjob, Clinton, that lives round the corner from Trevor, yet? You can talk to him, but that's it. He just talks about the hell of war. 

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:48 AM

Has anyone mentioned the veteran nutjob, Clinton, that lives round the corner from Trevor, yet? You can talk to him, but that's it. He just talks about the hell of war. 

Oh that dude that looked like a f*cked up Jimny Hendricks? Yeah I saw his ass lol

rimbaud
  • rimbaud

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

You can press right on the D-pad to say something to someone after you have killed them. Michael will say something like, "Sorry about that!" or "Maybe you have learnt something now!"

Doesn't seem to work on missions, and no you can't stand there trash talking a corpse all day, you can say one or two things though. 

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Warmonger

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

I just discovered the ghost of Jimmy in Michael's house. Go into his room when he isn't home and start trashing the place (I kicked his guitar for example). Out of nowhere you will get punched and Jimmy starts talking sh*t even though he is nowhere to be seen. I was cracking up...it's also not the first time I noticed strange things in that house like Amanda standing frozen on the kitchen counter, and I've heard the family has clones that appear.

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:04 PM Edited by GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY, 21 October 2013 - 01:06 PM.

Fun fact: 200 of the 265 million dollars used for the game's budget was used for setting up business meetings where R* debated whether or not to allow game players the ability to do certain features like drive trains and access certain interiors during free roam. The other 65 million was used to create a bugged multi-player game, giant mountains, psychic cops, a new vehicle damaging system, dumbed down euphoria effects, and marketing.

Kung Lao
  • Kung Lao

FOR THE SHAOLIN

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

Playing around in power stations can kill you. Happened to me as Trevor. He touched the voltage cable and got electrocuted.

Obviously it's not a good idea to do that in real life unless your an idiot but I didn't realise Rockstar added this small feature in V until now.
  • robban likes this

ClaudeSteed
  • ClaudeSteed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:01 PM Edited by ClaudeSteed, 22 October 2013 - 06:34 AM.

Holding R1/RB while driving a bike, engages the clutch, which allows you to pull a wheelie at high speed.

Hold the throttle, lean back, hold R1/RB for a second and let it go. Just found this out a few days ago.

It also works with cars. Not the wheelie part.... :p

jackmap
  • jackmap

#1 FCV hater and proud of it! :)

• Members

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:02 PM Edited by jackmap, 30 November 2013 - 10:48 PM.

You can also kill fish besides sharks with the knife. But it's extremely hard to do. I've only did it once and even then, the fish was trapped in a cornered spot... :/

EDIT: I also forgot to say that in some online missions that you can not get a wanted level - you can enter the military base without being attacked! :O

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

While online in your garage, pressing down on the d pad shows you each of your cars stats.

Lisha
  • Lisha

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:24 PM

That idiot skater/biker NPC's will stand/sit on the bike ramps at the skate parks. I was practicing on my BMX at night and pissed a group of them off because I ran over some of them - lol.

Also, some of them are so sh*t at riding their bikes. One guy crashed and I jacked his red BMX, lol.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Out of Commission

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 30 November 2013 - 11:32 PM

If you use a female character in GTA online, you can still use the services of a prostitute.

jackmap
  • jackmap

#1 FCV hater and proud of it! :)

• Members

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:58 PM

Apparently, diving too deep (even with scuba gear) can make you lose health and even kill you. This is most likely due to the increasing pressure that humans can't handle alone...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users