Photo

Things You Didn't Know About GTAV

78 replies to this topic
Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

13. Wheelies are easier then ever before: When on a bike or motorcycle hold forward then flick and hold it backwards. On as straight road you can keep the wheelie up until the end easily.

nhack002
  • nhack002

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

Apparently Prisoners can escape the prison was just off roading by the prison and a guy in a orange jumpsuit jumped out of some bushes asking me to stop. I sped off he was probably gonna try hijacking me.

Happened to me, he stole my entity fx and I never saw it again :( I just customized it :(

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:10 AM

I have revamped the OP organization. Any other organizational suggestions?

I would appreciate it if you guys can confirm things with an asterisk (*), and post more hidden features.

Thanks guys!

ILoveTheGrandTheftAutoSeries
  • ILoveTheGrandTheftAutoSeries

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:30 AM

there's those things that GTA V mithbusters did some time ago, search it on youtube. One of them is that you can actually hide from the cops in a bush. That event with the van where if you stop someone tases you creeped me the hell out!

shamalpilot
  • shamalpilot

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:49 AM

You can shut off the engine in a plane in the air and practice dead stick landing

You can take a bike with you on the sky lift

METALPUNK
  • METALPUNK

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:05 AM Edited by METALPUNK, 29 September 2013 - 03:05 AM.

Around the back of sandy shores hospital there's full body armor. Very easy to get after spawning there.

Easy way to get underground. Find an above ground subway train and get on, it'll take you underground.

After pressing circle(not sure of xbox button) in theatre mode driving if you click r3 you'll go into slow motion. This helps with driving. I use it all the time.

Chorizombie
  • Chorizombie

Trick

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:24 AM

Around the back of sandy shores hospital there's full body armor. Very easy to get after spawning there.

Easy way to get underground. Find an above ground subway train and get on, it'll take you underground.

After pressing circle(not sure of xbox button) in theatre mode driving if you click r3 you'll go into slow motion. This helps with driving. I use it all the time.

ohhhh nice, maaan, didn't know that one of slow mo

fresheggroll
  • fresheggroll

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

If using a pickup truck of any kind (excluding the big Sandking truck) you can punch the back of the pickup to open the trunk. You can place your bike there and it will stay there as you drive.

If you burn out at a stop light, the car next to you will most likely try to race you or speed off.

Fmlad
  • Fmlad

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:39 AM

Just like your headlights you can turn the flash light off on your gun(if equipped) by pressing right on the D-pad

• El Tel likes this

neato9611
  • neato9611

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:17 AM

Trailer-mounted vehicles are completely useable. Backing a boat trailer into a body of water releases the boaf for you to use, and rolling a car hauler on its side ejects the cars for you to drive off in.

bmajede
  • bmajede

Plawres Sanshiro.

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:52 AM

idk how to explain it to you guys but you actually can control your car in mid air like up and down just like the bikes.. it helps a lot in the stunt jumps and if you go off roading.

sorry for my english.

METALPUNK
  • METALPUNK

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:03 AM

Here was a big one for me. You don't need an entire different save file for cheats to still get trophies/achievements. The trophies/achiev will only be disabled while the cheat is active. All you have to do after your done using cheats and having fun in the world is save and reload once reloaded trophies or achievements are active again but the cheats are gone until you enter them again.

Here's the best part of this. You can enter the parachute cheat code and for some reason when you reload the chute is still there. I'm not totally positive but I think you can even save cars that you spawn with cheats and when you reload they are there. You may have to test that last part. The first part I tested and still got my trophies. The last part a friend said it worked for them.

Play a round of golf and you'll get a golf club as a melee weapon in your inventory or you can just find one laying around.

Many don't know the phone has a dial pad. It actually works with numbers you find around the world. To access dial pad(not sure of xbox controls) go to contacts and press square.

Hold circle while in air with character and they will start to flip.

METALPUNK
  • METALPUNK

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:08 AM

Any interior in the game you can enter. Just put the way point inside a building call a cab and press skip and you'll be inside. Getting out? Not sure lol.

Shoot right I'm front of the left rear tire to hit gas tank.

I would hope many gta fans know this but it's still nice to put out there for ones that don't. You can call any emergency service. So kill someone and call the cops or paramedics and they will come to the scene and you'll get some funny dialogue sometimes. Or just call them.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:09 AM

Easter eggs:

There are three moving UFOs and one sunken UFO found in game.

There's a random event, much like No Country For Old Men where you find $25,000.

METALPUNK
  • METALPUNK

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

Go to menu and under settings go to safe zone size. Turn it all the up. When you exit you'll notice your map is way in the corner. This makes for a better viewing experience.

Snapabowl
  • Snapabowl

Errl User

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:12 AM Edited by Snapabowl, 29 September 2013 - 06:13 AM.

I don't know if people know this one.

So let's say you were standing around and shot a bunch of people in the face.  The police start coming to you.  If you hop into a car AFTER you get a wanted level you can drive slowly past the police as they are driving towards you and they'll pass right by you.  Doesn't work all the time but I've had some situations where I drove directly through their cone of vision but was undetectable due to, what I would assume was, me being in a vehicle they never saw me enter.

It's really neat and i'll often find myself getting out of range of the police, switching cars, turning around, and driving right past the cops.

I find that if you drive at a normal speed they'll not catch you but if you drive too fast or reckless they'll be onto you.

HeroicFails
  • HeroicFails

Heroic Since the start, Fail till i die!

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:16 AM

Another one is that as Franklin/Trevor, go to michaels house and if you start shooting rockets at his house he will call you and say something along the lines of "Stop firing rockets at my house you PRICK"

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:22 AM

Another one is that as Franklin/Trevor, go to michaels house and if you start shooting rockets at his house he will call you and say something along the lines of "Stop firing rockets at my house you PRICK"

Yeah, he says "stop firing f*cking rockets at my house!" everytime I do it. Gives me the giggles every time.

ThaiBrawler
  • ThaiBrawler

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:30 AM

I find that if you drive at a normal speed they'll not catch you but if you drive too fast or reckless they'll be onto you.

f*cking interesting observation 

ThaiBrawler
  • ThaiBrawler

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:31 AM

Then you get a two star wanted level and hide behind his house.

METALPUNK
  • METALPUNK

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

While parked using the same button as headlights to put roof on or off. Convertible.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:28 AM Edited by Jesse Pinkman, 29 September 2013 - 07:29 AM.

edit wrong thread

METALPUNK
  • METALPUNK

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

While aiming press square to roll

To quickly turn around (I think with weapon equipped only) hold r3 then tap r2

calambos
  • calambos

Snitch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

if you want to stop and leave your car/bike on a slope or any uneven surface and don't want it to drive away, you can pull the bandbrake by holding RB or A on xbox

METALPUNK
  • METALPUNK

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

I have a great one. Many skip this because they think it does nothing. While is Los Santos customs upgrading your car lowering your suspension actually helps your handling. It doesn't show it in the stats but you take corners better the lower it is. It's pretty obvious but it gets looked past because it actually doesn't effect any stat in the menu.

METALPUNK
  • METALPUNK

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:01 PM

While in theatre driving mode hold circle to get into theatre mode or tap circle and it will flow through the different camera angle in theatre mode. Here's the cool part. After tapping circle you can use the right stick and flick it left or right to go to different cameras.

METALPUNK
  • METALPUNK

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

I found this trick last night. If you go out into the ocean and bring your character way down and then switch to another guy that character in the ocean will still get to level up his lungs. It's a quick and easy to get your lung level up. Also if your under the water and you don't think you'll make it up switch characters. Take note that your lungs will not level if you have on a diving suit.

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

Just like your headlights you can turn the flash light off on your gun(if equipped) by pressing right on the D-pad

How I missed this I do not know. Thank you, sir.

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

I still can't believe they left all this stuff in, but removed the ability to exit your car and leave it running...

Anyways, if Franklin has grenades on him during the Jewlery Store Heist, Mike makes a big deal not to toss them into the air vent and Franklin gets pissed off.

• Big Danny K likes this

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

How I missed this I do not know. Thank you, sir.

I know, I missed that too.  There is literally no reason not to have a light on your guns now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users