Photo

Things You Didn't Know About GTAV

77 replies to this topic
Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:34 PM Edited by gionascm2, 23 February 2014 - 03:31 AM.

Those small things that you never knew, but are cool to know. Maybe the game mentions it a little bit, but most people forgot. Maybe its a hidden feature, or a cool fact. Whatever it is, it will be here.

I've spent 1000's of hours in GTA IV, yet it took me until 2013 to realize that there are snipers on rooftops at 4 stars, and that you can turn off your car engine by holding down triangle.

With GTAV, this thread is going to prevent situations like this from happening. This is a community thread made by its users - I'll just add everything to the OP. And no, there isn't a pre-existing topic like this.

So let's begin:

*****AUTHOR'S NOTE: Yes, I haven't been updating this thread, as I'm currently playing other games. If a next-gen version of GTAV releases, I will return to this thread & update it regularly.

GTA Online:

World Interaction:

1. Give the finger in a vehicle by being unarmed, and holding down L1/LB and aim the camera in any direction.

2. Toggle headlights on vehicles with right on the D-pad. At night, you have 2 types of headlight options.

3. When you're near someone on foot, press right on the D-pad to say something to them. The attitude is automatic depending on the situation. Persisting will make them run away, or apparently even fight you.

4. Hold X/A while climbing a ladder to climb faster.

5. In a fighter jet, press square/X to alternate between cannons & missiles. Press X/A to fire.

6.  If you want to take Chop for a walk with you, hold down R2/LT and then press R1/RB. He'll enter the passenger seat of most cars, follow you on bikes (drive slow!), and you'll get a ball in your inventory which you can use to play fetch with Chop. Throw it like a grenade, & press the right arrow button to call Chop back.

7. Most buildings can be climbed on if you look carefully. Also, you can climb up most mountains/rocks.

8. To easily do a wheelie (on bikes), hold the left stick forward to lean in, and then flick & hold it back.

9. With the tow truck, you can even tow police cars that are pursuing you. This can be helpful as a shield.

10. You can kill a shark with a knife.

11. You can hide from cops in bushes.

12. The backfire from cars can ignite gasoline trails.

13. You can easily destroy pursuing police helicopters by leading them into the windmill farm.

14. Practice emergency landings (with planes) by holding down L2/LT to turn off your engine.

15. To quickly get underground, you can use an above-ground subway system.

16. Press circle/B while driving to toggle cinematic view. Press the right stick in cinematic view to toggle slow-mo. Use the right stick to switch camera angles.

*17. If you burn out at a stop light, the car next to you will most likely try to race you or speed off.

18. If you have the flashlight attachment on a gun, toggle it on/off by pressing the right directional button while aiming. 

*19. Punch the back of a pickup truck to open the hatch. You can store certain things there, such as bikes.

20. Control your vehicle in mid-air using the left stick. This tilts the vehicle.

*21. Trailer-mounted vehicles are usable. Back a boat trailer into a body of water, and the boat will be released. Kick a car-hauler's back ramp, and the ramp will fall; from here, put the truck on a slant so the cars can slide off onto the ground.

*22. In mid-air, press & hold circle/B and you will flip.

*23. The phone does have a dial pad. Go to contacts, then press square/X.

*24. The gas tank is located right in front of the left-rear tire. Shoot it, and it'll leak a trail of gas. Shoot it to ignite it.

*25. If you have a wanted level but the cops can't see you, enter a new vehicle. Since they never witnessed you entering the vehicle, they usually will not notice you if you drive normally & slowly (even directly in their vision).

26. While stationary in a convertible car, hold down the right directional button to put the roof up/down.

27. Tap L1/LB in a car to quickly change to the next radio station, rather than using the weapon wheel. Useful for races.

28. Tap L1/LB on foot to equip/holster your most recently used weapon.

29. With a gun equipped, hold down R2/RT only halfway. You are aiming, but you have better control of your movement. While you're doing this, you can "combat jog" by holding down the X-button. (you might need high stamina/shooting to combat jog, because this only works with my Michael).

30. While aiming, press square/X to roll. (this can be useful for dodging cars/bullets/etc).

*31. To quickly do a 180, have a gun equipped, hold down R3 and hold R2/RT halfway. (useful in combat).

*32. To park your car/bike on a slope without it rolling away, hold down the handbrake. (R1/RB or X/A).

33. Lowering your car's suspension: although it doesn't change any stats, your car will turn corners better.

*34. You can shoot down the cable cars.

35. If your car flips over, you can almost always flip it back up. Just play around with the left stick.

Easter Eggs/glitches/secrets:

1.  There are weapons not sold at Ammu-Nation that you need to find yourself. The baseball bat, crowbar, golf club, molotov.

2. You can survive virtually anything with Trevor's rage mode, such as extremely high falls. 

3. You can take a bike with you on the sky lift.

4. There's body armor at the back of Sandy Shores hospital.

5. An easy way to get a golf club is to play a round of golf.

*6. You can use cheats without getting your trophies/achievements disabled. Once you're done using the cheat(s), save the game. Now, reload the game. You will still be able to get trophies/achievements. Also, you will keep your spawned parachute, and possibly even the cars you spawned.

*7. You can enter any building in the game (sort of...) by placing a waypoint on the building, and using a cab to drive to the waypoint. Skip the ride, and you'll be inside. Good luck getting out!

*8. There are 3 moving UFOs and 1 sunken UFO.

*9. If your character is underwater and you switch characters, the former character's Lung Capacity will still be upgrading. They will not drown. Use this to your advantage to train your Lung Capacity, or to prevent drowning. Note that your Lung Capacity doesn't upgrade while in a wet suit.

10. On the first heist, if your gunman dies on the bike, you can pick up his dropped money.

11. Save Franklin's Lester assassination missions until you beat the game. Look up a stock market guide for more info.

*12. If you prefer larger crosshairs like in IV, Go to menu>Settings>display>weapon targeting>complex.

Random Events/odd customs:

*1.  If you are long enough with one of the protags in Sandy Shores, a stranger will start following you. If you get out of your car, he instantly tazers you. Then you wake up in underwear on train tracks with an approaching train.

2. Sometimes, if there is an empty van in the middle of nowhere, walk up to it and you get tazed. You wake up on a train track in underwear, with the train fast-approaching. 

*3. If you find & follow a protagonist in free mode for too long, they will punch you too death.

*4. If you leave your car unattended, homeless people can steal it.

*5. If you run over Trevor in free roam, he'll pull out a weapon, curse you out, and shoot you.

6. Most pedestrians do not like Trevor. Stand near them too long and they'll either move away and insult you, get aggressive, or call the cops on you.

7. Not all random events are marked on your map and count as missions. (e.g. People being robbed in dark alleyways; killing the robber won't give any rewards besides his measly pocket change.)

*8. If you manage to run over Trevor in free roam as another character, he will spawn at a nearby hospital and text you "You're paying for my medical bills, haha!"

9. If you press circle/B while jumping, you will fall onto the ground.

*10. Prisoners can sometimes escape and will ask you to stop and give them a ride; they'll hijack your vehicle.

*11. If you enter Franklin's house as Trevor, he texts you asking "Are you the one loitering in my house?"

12. There's a random event, much like No Country For Old Men where you find $25,000.

*13. If you're playing as Trevor or Franklin and shoot rockets at Michael's house, he'll call you and actually say "stop f*cking firing rockets at my house!"

14.  if Franklin has grenades on him during the Jewlery Store Heist, Mike makes a big deal not to toss them into the air vent and Franklin gets pissed off.

* = Not yet proven. I will prove them when I get the chance, or another user can prove it.

Post yours, let's build this thread!!

• saintsrow, MIGta and Kalju Taikuri like this

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

2. If you are long enough with Franklin in Sandy Shores, stranger will start following you. If you get out of your car, he instantly taze you. Then you wake up in underwear on traintracks with approaching train.

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

2. If you are long enough with Franklin in Sandy Shores, stranger will start following you. If you get out of your car, he instantly taze you. Then you wake up in underwear on traintracks with approaching train.

For real!??  :blink:

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

For real!??  :blink:

YES

JFo Is Live
  • JFo Is Live

Grove Street 4 Life

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

You have a few neat options for controlling your vehicle's head lamps, too.

Click D-PAD RIGHT to turn on, RIGHT again for high beams, RIGHT again to turn off.

:)

III H1TMaN III
  • III H1TMaN III

The Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

Click D-PAD RIGHT to turn on, RIGHT again for high beams, RIGHT again to turn off.

And when you do that on foot near people you can talk with them. Often positive and negative. Negative results in fights.

Also, when you go to Michael as Trevor during free-roam and you stick to him too much Michael will punch Trevor and kill him that way. Same goes if you would be Michael. Or if other characters would meet.

Paradoxical
  • Paradoxical

Russian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

Well I experienced a random event with Trevor. There was an empty van, walked up to it and a fat guy tased me. I woke up on a traintrack in underwear and Trevor said "Not again" - ** PSSTT I think he was assraped**

woolva2k13
  • woolva2k13

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

during the day car headlights can be turned on to dipped-beam.
and at night dipped-beam and hi-beam can be used.

(just to confirm)

Enterprise
  • Enterprise

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

1. Homeless people might try to steal your car (happened to me after i came out of ammunation
2. You have to walk/fly all over the map to see it completely in the menu

Lisha
  • Lisha

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

Most pedestrians do not like Trevor. Stand near them too long and they'll either move away and insult you, get aggressive or call the cops on you.

GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY
  • GUCCI_MANE_PIZZA_PARTY

I'm a little scared of being a slut.

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

If you run over Trevor in free roam, he'll pull out a weapon, curse you out, and shoot you lol

Betox190
  • Betox190

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

Not all the random events (not freaks) are marked on your map and taken as missions. For example: i've seen many people being robbed in dark alleys without the "red dot" on the map and if i kill the robber, the robbed person won't tell/give me anything. And the robber will just drop a normal amount of money.

Cyfun
  • Cyfun

Mowing down Hare Krishnas since 1997

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

The V in GTA V is actually the roman numeral for the number five.

aidanjames1
  • aidanjames1

Reaper Reap

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

I was playing as Trevor and got Michael to hang out with me, some guy threw me out of a car, so Michael shot him LOL

• AlexL likes this

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:57 AM Edited by Jesse Pinkman, 19 September 2013 - 08:58 AM.

The V in GTA V is actually the roman numeral for the number five.

I guess this image wasnt here since leaks,well done sir.

mind_blown.gif

Braindawg
  • Braindawg

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:04 AM

If you choose to take chop out for a walk as Franklin, you'll get a ball in your inventory, which you can use to play fetch with Chop.

voad1
  • voad1

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

If you manage to run over Trevor in free roam as another character, he will spawn at a nearby hospital and text you "You're paying for my medical bills, haha!"

Vizmire
  • Vizmire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:16 AM

*2. If you are long enough with Franklin in Sandy Shores, a stranger will start following you. If you get out of your car, he instantly tazes you. Then you wake up in underwear on traintracks with an approaching train.

I have never had this happen with Franklin. I have had this happen with Trevor though. I don't know if they were following me however. I stopped to help some person who looked like they were in a car wreck and then I got tazed and woke up in my underware on train tracks with a train coming fast. That happened early in my game and I never found out what happened ever, and I've finished it now. Crazy stuff.

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:24 AM

*12. If you manage to run over Trevor in free roam as another character, he will spawn at a nearby hospital and text you "You're paying for my medical bills, haha!"

* = Not yet proven

True. I saw a video of that happening. sept its "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA You're paying for my medical bills" I can provide the video at request.

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:32 AM Edited by gionascm2, 27 September 2013 - 05:33 AM.

*12. If you manage to run over Trevor in free roam as another character, he will spawn at a nearby hospital and text you "You're paying for my medical bills, haha!"

* = Not yet proven

True. I saw a video of that happening. sept its "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA You're paying for my medical bills" I can provide the video at request.

A video would be great. I want this thread to be completely factual, with no speculation/assumptions.

*2. If you are long enough with Franklin in Sandy Shores, a stranger will start following you. If you get out of your car, he instantly tazes you. Then you wake up in underwear on traintracks with an approaching train.

I have never had this happen with Franklin. I have had this happen with Trevor though. I don't know if they were following me however. I stopped to help some person who looked like they were in a car wreck and then I got tazed and woke up in my underware on train tracks with a train coming fast. That happened early in my game and I never found out what happened ever, and I've finished it now. Crazy stuff.

Thanks for the further insight.

To all: I haven't beaten GTAV yet, but as soon as I do, I will test out the list of things to confirm them. In the meantime, keep on posting!

Ryder_from_the_grave
  • Ryder_from_the_grave

Land of the Heartless

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

*7. If you leave your car unattended, homeless people can steal it.

i think i was on forum block,where the families chill at and had franklin idle(when the camera pans around and zooms in on random things)while im on gta forums reading.i look over and see the camera zooms in on this large ratchet lookin woman and i start to chuckle how she waddles and running to get across the street,then it zooms out and she goes to my car and straight up jacks it!i was like oh hell no so i wasted her,haha

Durden
  • Durden

Jack's blatant honesty

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

i think i was on forum block,where the families chill at and had franklin idle(when the camera pans around and zooms in on random things)while im on gta forums reading.i look over and see the camera zooms in on this large ratchet lookin woman and i start to chuckle how she waddles and running to get across the street,then it zooms out and she goes to my car and straight up jacks it!i was like oh hell no so i wasted her,haha

Were you in your car when this happened, or were you only near it?

Ryder_from_the_grave
  • Ryder_from_the_grave

Land of the Heartless

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:21 AM

Were you in your car when this happened, or were you only near it?

i was near it,like it was parked and franklin is standing on the sidewalk

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:28 AM

This may be old but..
While running, if you press square(jump) then quickly hit circle you will trip and fall over.

Also most buildings can be climbed on, and you can rock climb many rocky hill.

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:31 AM

Also, there's a tap dancing hillbilly somewhere in this game, can you find him?

M'aiq the Liar
  • M'aiq the Liar

Skooma Addict

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:46 AM

Apparently Prisoners can escape the prison was just off roading by the prison and a guy in a orange jumpsuit jumped out of some bushes asking me to stop. I sped off he was probably gonna try hijacking me.

DatassGTA
  • DatassGTA

Peon

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:51 AM

Those small things that you never knew, but are cool to know. Maybe the game mentions it a little bit, but most people forgot. Maybe its a hidden feature, or a cool fact. Whatever it is, it will be here.

I've spent 1000's of hours in GTA IV, yet it took me until 2013 to realize that there are snipers on rooftops at 4 stars, and that you can turn off your car engine by holding down triangle.

With GTAV, this thread is going to prevent situations like this from happening. This is a community thread made by its users - I'll just add everything to the OP. And no, there isn't a pre-existing topic like this. So let's begin:

1. Give the finger in a vehicle by being unarmed, and holding down L1/LB and aim the camera in any diection.
*2. If you are long enough with one of the protags in Sandy Shores, a stranger will start following you. If you get out of your car, he instantly tazes you. Then you wake up in underwear on traintracks with an approaching train.
3. Toggle headlights on vehicles with right on the D-pad. At night, you have dipped-light and high beam options.
4. When you're near someone on foot, press right on the D-pad to say something to them. The attitude is automatic depending on the situation. Persisting will make them run away, or apparently even fight you.
*5. When you stick around one of the 3 protags too long, they will punch you too death.
6. A random event while playing with Trevor is this: There is an empty van, walk up to it and a fat guy tases you. You wake up on a train track in underwear and Trevor says "Not again".
*8. If you run over Trevor in free roam, he'll pull out a weapon, curse you out, and shoot you.
*9. Most pedestrians do not like Trevor. Stand near them too long and they'll either move away and insult you, get aggressive or call the cops on you.
*10. Not all random events are marked on your map and count as missions. (e.g. People being robbed in dark alleyways; killing the robber won't give any rewards besides his measly pocket change. 

11. If you choose to take chop out for a walk, you'll get a ball in your inventory which you can use to play fetch with Chop. Press the right arrow button to call Chop back.

* = Not yet proven

I don't understand 5, what is that mean?

10 has happened to me also

RajunCajun88
  • RajunCajun88

PS4 Car Meets

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:05 AM

6. A random event while playing with Trevor is this: There is an empty van, walk up to it and a fat guy tases you. You wake up on a train track in underwear and Trevor says "Not again".

I about died when this happened to me earlier. I didn't see that coming..

carlosvillarreal
  • carlosvillarreal

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

if u go inside of  franklins house as trevor u get a message from franklin saying 

are u the one who was loitering on my house?

GoofyGoober88
  • GoofyGoober88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

I know 5 can happen, When Michael & Trevor go through their "hate each other" phase i was stalking Michael as Trevor and after about 5 minutes Michael got pissed and punched Trevor in the face resulting in him being wasted.

• jackinnes likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users