Thoughts on Crossdressers?

59 replies to this topic
universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:45 PM

As the topic title is titled, what do you guys think of crossdressers? There's this dude in one of my classes who wears short skirts with pantyhoses, along with makeup, etc. he even wears really tight T-shirts, and I just noticed today that he has breasts. Either he's taking hormones or he's wearing a bra and sticking some padding under it.

I personally don't know what to think of cross dressers. I try my best to comprehend other peoples thoughts and actions, such as homosexuality, fandoms, and so on. Yet why a dude would want to dress up as a girl kinda mystifies me.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

Uh... Because he feels and wants to be a girl...? lol, live and let live.

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

Neunundneunzig Luftballons

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:57 PM Edited by thebodies, 19 September 2013 - 05:04 PM.

They're idiots. Stupid people, all of them... God hates them, and therefore they should not live in this world!

Who am I trying to fool? When I was 3 years old my uncle made me wear pantyhoses and high heels. Some times he even slapped my buttcheeks after one of my dancing-performances. 

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

There was a really awesome story on Radiolab about this recently. Go read the blog and listen to the episode! Really good stuff.

http://www.radiolab..../91695-new-stu/

I had an instructor in university that went from Bobby to Bobbi over the course of my degree. It was a unique experience, and yeah, funny at times, but he made an excellent lady.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

People should do what they want with their lives.  If they're happy being a woman instead of a man, or a man instead of a woman, who are any of us to say they shouldn't?

At the same time, I think being creeped out is a natural response in the society we live in.  The vast majority of people aren't exposed to transgender/transexual people.  And it's a human response to be curious and cautious about things we're not used to.  But we need to break through that initial feeling and just understand that these people aren't different really.  They just look different on the outside.  Like Racism, we can't judge people on how they look, but on the content of their character.

I ran into a guy that wore high heels, lipstick, and was shopping at Forever 21 for women's clothing.  I involuntarily did a double take, and then felt like I needed to laugh at him.  I suppressed that feeling, but then realised.  So what if I did.  This guy, with the (metaphorical) balls to go out in public wearing whatever the hell he wants would just look right back and laugh at me.  And for that I envy his, and all transsexuals courage.  I don't know if I felt the need to look differently than society's norm, that I'd have that courage.

• PaletoChickenCapo likes this

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

Lord Protector

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

I personally don't know what to think of cross dressers. I try my best to comprehend other peoples thoughts and actions, such as homosexuality, fandoms, and so on. Yet why a dude would want to dress up as a girl kinda mystifies me.

Does it affect you in any way?

Cubanwhip
  • Cubanwhip

We're always holding the door open for someone.

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

Because jeans and shorts just can't accentuate my lovely ass the same way yoga pants and hot pants can.

Hecate
  • Hecate

I am for the air.

• NATO
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:03 PM

People are free to do what they want. The act of clothing yourself hurts nothing other than some archaic sense of gender roles. If you want to tell someone they can't dress in what they want (provided there's not outright nudity in public areas) then you should probably reassess your standing in a Western society.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

I have no thoughts on crossdressers.

they're just people doing what they want to do.

no harm no foul.

TheKryptonite
  • TheKryptonite

The World is Yours

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:31 AM

Who am I trying to fool? When I was 3 years old my uncle made me wear pantyhoses and high heels. Some times he even slapped my buttcheeks after one of my dancing-performances. 

Not sure if serious.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

I have no patience for you V section lurkers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:47 AM

Why anybody thinks math is enjoyable mystifies me, why anybody likes texting mystifies me, why anybody likes minivans mystifies me... People have preferences. If you don't understand them :rol: fine then. But if you have a problem with it then you have issues.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:55 AM

I don't know, it isn't something I ever found myself pondering. But since you brought it to my attention, I don't care what they do with themselves or how they dress.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

There's your problem. You can't understand exactly why people do the things they do, and you shouldn't care either. Just let 'em live how they want and move on with your life like everyone else.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

5KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

It's confusing, yes, but I see no logical reasons to be against it.

Whenever I think about cross-dressing I also think of Eddie Izzard. He's a cool guy.

I ran into a guy that wore high heels, lipstick, and was shopping at Forever 21 for women's clothing.  I involuntarily did a double take, and then felt like I needed to laugh at him.  I suppressed that feeling, but then realised.  So what if I did.  This guy, with the (metaphorical) balls to go out in public wearing whatever the hell he wants would just look right back and laugh at me.  And for that I envy his, and all transsexuals courage.  I don't know if I felt the need to look differently than society's norm, that I'd have that courage.

I don't think that's the reason behind their behavior (I'm referring to the last sentence). I think they like women clothes. If you wanted to look different, you'd probably wear something more unique, not necessarily something that would make people hate you. Though I have to agree, it takes courage to dress like that and I kind of admire them too for that.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

The reason against it was in the days of olde (port cities especially) men would dress up and lure 'sailors' into dark alleys to rob them (caught with their pants down). :)

I suppose it could still be going on today.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • France

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

If you're gonna play hide-and-seek, then I'd highly recommend crossdressing. I once crossdressed for highschool prom and had this guy hitting on me the whole time lol. Me and my class mates then played hide-and-seek, I hid in girls' restroom, and no one found me till the end!

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

I have no problem for crossdressers anyway. Like @Tyler has mentioned, we have our own rights on how we groom ourselves, whether implication of luxury or nudity is no big deal. The way I see it, I don't judge people like that.

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

The reason against it was in the days of olde (port cities especially) men would dress up and lure 'sailors' into dark alleys to rob them (caught with their pants down). :)

I suppose it could still be going on today.

wat

What's it like living in the fictional 1940s?

People are, and have always been, against it because it is different and deemed "deviant"  simply because it's outside of established gender norms. These sort of things are gradually becoming normalised as we become a much more tolerant and accepting society, not because crossdressers no longer rob people or whatever bullsh*t you want to rationalise it with.

I've got no problem with people dressing how they want. Live how you like to, and if you don't hurt anyone else do whatever makes you happy.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

If that's what they wanna do, and if that makes them happy, then so be it. Whatever floats their boat or however that saying goes.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

I do.

For one thing, the shoes women are forced to wear can cause horrible blisters, and who needs that? Walking in high heels looks like an absolute nightmare and no one should do it. It's simply not safe to contort your feet in that manner.

Secondly, the price of womens clothing is astronomical, extortionate, even. Why? Because the media has drip-fed women images of perfection and elegance and the retailers know they can charge whatever the Hell they want for a length of brightly coloured cloth.

Thirdly, womens clothing is designed for a certain body type which men do not adhere to, we're too bulky, our shape is too unrefined. Which means that any poor fellow who wears a dress is going to look like a man in a dress - not a man wearing something tailored for him specifically.

Honestly, most of the problems I see with transvestism stem more from the fashion industry itself. They have created such a gap between what people view as masculinity and femininity that anyone dressing in female clothing is going to be horribly ridiculed for not living up to this imagined concept of how you should look simply due to the length of flesh and muscle between your legs.

I would like to see female fashion become more masculine and functional, less accentuation of the figure and a greater emphasis on practicality. The way I see it, removing preconceived concepts of what men and women should look like can only be a good thing and make it far easier for both transvestites and transgender individuals to mesh into wider society.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

A guy dressing like a lass - no problems, no reason to have a problem, doesn't affect me, if I dodn't want to see it plenty of other places to look. Wear what you wanna wear, I respect your choices in fashion and your "I don't give a f*ck" attitude.

A girl dressing like a guy - not really possible since there is not really an item of clothing i can think of that is primarily for guys like a skirt (not counting a kilt) or a dress is for women. But actually kinda sexy to see regardless if pulled off right ;)

A person dressing angrilly - they look liek a mess but thye are angry give them a break, or a hug. or both

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

Honestly, most of the problems I see with transvestism stem more from the fashion industry itself. They have created such a gap between what people view as masculinity and femininity that anyone dressing in female clothing is going to be horribly ridiculed for not living up to this imagined concept of how you should look simply due to the length of flesh and muscle between your legs.

BaileyJay1.jpg

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

Neunundneunzig Luftballons

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

Not sure if serious.

I am.

I don't know if internet is the right place to share these things, but I had to tell it to someone, so why not telling it to a judgemental and mean internet-community. 

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:18 PM

Whenever I think about cross-dressing I also think of Eddie Izzard. He's a cool guy.

I don't think that's the reason behind their behavior (I'm referring to the last sentence). I think they like women clothes. If you wanted to look different, you'd probably wear something more unique, not necessarily something that would make people hate you. Though I have to agree, it takes courage to dress like that and I kind of admire them too for that.

I didn't mean it that way.  I meant more like, If I felt the need to look different and on top of that it was different than what we consider normal, I wouldn't have that courage.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:44 AM

There was this guy in the neighborhood I grew up in who was a cross dresser. Nobody really gave a sh*t but the guy was a f*cking asshole. If he were an actual girl he'd be the biggest  bitch I ever met in my life. I mean full on, stereotypical, attitude having black woman. Other than him (name was Marquisha by the way) I don't have any problem with them.

G_Unit_G_Unit
  • G_Unit_G_Unit

G_Unit G_Unit

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:50 AM

I saw one a couple weeks a go. I try not to look but i just cant help it and in my head im thinking W-T-F.... its just human nature to be curious of something different.

Jackal.
  • Jackal.

Don't you f*cking look at me!

• Cyclop 9

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

Carmen2.png

Do as you like.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

5KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

I do.

For one thing, the shoes women are forced to wear can cause horrible blisters, and who needs that? Walking in high heels looks like an absolute nightmare and no one should do it. It's simply not safe to contort your feet in that manner.

Secondly, the price of womens clothing is astronomical, extortionate, even. Why? Because the media has drip-fed women images of perfection and elegance and the retailers know they can charge whatever the Hell they want for a length of brightly coloured cloth.

Thirdly, womens clothing is designed for a certain body type which men do not adhere to, we're too bulky, our shape is too unrefined. Which means that any poor fellow who wears a dress is going to look like a man in a dress - not a man wearing something tailored for him specifically.

I would like to see female fashion become more masculine and functional, less accentuation of the figure and a greater emphasis on practicality. The way I see it, removing preconceived concepts of what men and women should look like can only be a good thing and make it far easier for both transvestites and transgender individuals to mesh into wider society.

I agree, but some things you cannot change.

You could always buy clothes in bigger sizes if that's your thing.

Me too. To me clothes are only a tool with a practical purpose, and I can say from a male perspective that guys don't need girls to go through all that trouble (high heels, expensive clothes, makeup, etc) to look good. Most guys like girls so much that they don't really care about that stuff.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

I guess it's up to them, but I do find it kind of weird. Is it really the best thing to mutilate yourself because you want to be a woman? And the fact is you'll never really be a woman, just a confused, ugly and chopped up man. Although, I guess cross dressing is kind of different, it's still pretty disturbing.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:58 AM

didnt you know? crossdressing is a thing now. Ive seen dudes wearing girl pants all the time. It looks stupid but to each their own m8

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users