The soundtrack sucks ass

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic
Tonesta
  • Tonesta

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

To me, half of the soundtrack feels like it's been put together by a British guy in his mid-30s.

All Saints, Mystique, Modjo, Stardust, Still D.R.E?

It's like the UK Top 40 in about 1999!

Then add in a bunch of tracks that they'd recognise from schooldays - Gin n' Juice, Regulate, West End Girls......

Given that I'm a British guy in his mid-30s as well, it's a bit of a retro treat!

But I can see why other people of a different age group might not love it!!

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

For the most part I like it very much. The west coast old school hip hop station is top notch plus the 70s and 80s soul stations are great. The punk station is awesome and even Vinewood radio with it's obscure artists is actually good. Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't deserve a chance. Nothing better than running from the cops playing Black Flag's My War. Even the pop station I don't really mind.

• ILOVELOUDPACKS likes this

LionheartJ
  • LionheartJ

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

They would need to give owners of the hit tracks royalties.

korpisoturi1
  • korpisoturi1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

the awsern for crap music is age GTA V pretends to be. older GTA games were in older age where music was still good. this is modern age wich includes trash music

ceIozzip
  • ceIozzip

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

i wanna know how to get hold of the tangerine dream score. i know it's in the leaked audio torrents but i heard it's just the stems for dynamic composition?

hillbillybrando
  • hillbillybrando

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

the radio show with the black guy and white lady hosting it f*cking sucks also..its the most unfunny radio show rockstar ever put in gta.the guy just f*cking babbles on and on and on......

hillbillybrando
  • hillbillybrando

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

the radio show with the black guy and white lady hosting it f*cking sucks also..its the most unfunny radio show rockstar ever put in gta.the guy just f*cking babbles on and on and on......

ILOVELOUDPACKS
  • ILOVELOUDPACKS

I'm your pusher

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

there's alot of classic music in this game and it's f*cken awesome.

ceIozzip
  • ceIozzip

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

i specifically tune in to talk radio only when he's on http://www.youtube.c...h?v=rs5w02NvSyI

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

I imagine it must be very difficult to try and pick a soundtrack to a game that millions of people will be playing and also satisfy everyone.  It's not gonna happen. 

true but most people agree that the soundtracks of vice city and san andreas were class

I think famous songs/hits make a difference.. the soundtrack of this game is lacking that... it's full of unknown average crap 

Vice City and Sand Andreas were set a long time before the games were made (1986 and 1992) which gave the developer an easy task of just choosing the songs from that period that are considered classics. There is no way to do that with a game set in the same time when it's made. Also, the most popular current songs cost more than some old songs so they had to go with less popular music and only include a few true hits.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

cut it some slack it does not have the advantage of being set in the 80/90s and there is some good tracks on there los santos rock radio is awesome! west cost classics is good and even the pop station hosted by that cara chick has some classics on it.

melodicmizery
  • melodicmizery

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:41 AM

i pretty much hate the music in this game, theres on channel i like the westcoast one because i like 90s rap and it has alot of songs on it i listen to everyday in real life so thats awesome. but i like all music not just rap, and it has no good metal or regular rock. it has a good suicidal tendencies song but other then that there really is no good rock. they could of put some guns n roses or metallica in there or some mid 90s rock like nirvana or nine inch nails maybe even smashing pumpkins. theres tons of music they could of used. but it is also alot of money to get permission for certain songs

FlyUS
  • FlyUS

Street Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:58 AM

The music blends in while driving, it all sounds great :D

Rob Santos
  • Rob Santos

VAGO

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:03 AM

With all my heart, I really ... really hate 

Julian Lennon - Too Late for Goodbyes

:blink:

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:32 AM

Literally, the only stations I dislike are L.L and the country music station. Everything else is bearable. However, the songs are already getting old at this point. I feel like I've listened to every song at least 5 times each by now. Which is ridiculous.

Mr.Nigs
  • Mr.Nigs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:10 AM

Being a metalhead, I agree the music sucks. Considering Metal / Hardcore is one of the main genres they are missing, it makes me pretty mad (hell even reggae has 2 channels). As for the Rock channel, I would HARDLY call it rock. Phil Collins, Foreigner, Bob Segar, Kenny Loggins.... like really? Wheres Sabbath, ACDC, Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Motorhead, Guns and Roses, Maiden, Judas Priest, hell even Aerosmith? Dropped the ball bigtime in that genre.

CrustyFapSock
  • CrustyFapSock

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:36 AM

I normally don't pay any attention to the music and hardly notice it. But it seems like every damn new car I get into there's some song that always comes on and it's literally just f*cking beeps. Electronic beeps. And I can appreciate trance music and the likes so it's not that. But I hear it and i think what the f*ck is that annoying noise. Then I realize it's a "song" from this crap soundtrack and quickly turn radio off. Terrible. I think it might be the space station or whatever it is but idk

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

I agree the music is complete sh*t, and I'm starting to get tired of hearing the few songs I like over and over again. I'm starting to find myself just listening to my iPod while I play. I hate how they didn't include custom soundtrack for Ps3 despite it being in RDR. With this being the most expensive video game ever produced you would think they would include this tiny feature. But no, they were so excited for us to hear their sh*tty soundtrack that they decided they wouldn't let us play our own music.

• hellyeah3:16 likes this

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

I've only completed a couple of missions but I'm not feeling what I heard so far either...pretty much keeping the radio on Radio Los Santos...well when I'm Franklin anyway. :)  Normally Rockstar does a good job for my tastes (in that I mean there is always a couple out of all the stations that I can keep it locked because I have very eclectic taste when it comes to music) and there are always some classics that they throw in that I love but so far....meh.  Non-stop pop...ugh...there's only song there I like so far. lol

Try Radio Mirror Park

• FirstLadyofGTA likes this

jongameslap
  • jongameslap

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

Grand Theft Auto V's in-game radio soundtrack is actually pretty refreshing and suites the LA vibe and all, so I think.

hellyeah3:16
  • hellyeah3:16

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

I agree the music is complete sh*t, and I'm starting to get tired of hearing the few songs I like over and over again. I'm starting to find myself just listening to my iPod while I play. I hate how they didn't include custom soundtrack for Ps3 despite it being in RDR. With this being the most expensive video game ever produced you would think they would include this tiny feature. But no, they were so excited for us to hear their sh*tty soundtrack that they decided they wouldn't let us play our own music.

Agreed, it baffles me how the PC and the old XBox can have the custom radio station feature but the PS3/360 are forced to listen to the soundtrack unless they want to turn it off completely. It's Bullsh*t if you ask me.

ZB 512
  • ZB 512

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:20 PM Edited by ZB 512, 13 October 2013 - 08:21 PM.

Rebel Radio doesn't have many songs but it does have Willie, Waylon, Johnny Cash, and Hank Thompson so props to R* for that.   That station sucks outside of those guys though. 

I like the music that they chose overall.  The low down with Pam Greer is probably the best imo. 

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

It IS a matter of taste. I think GTA V has great soundtracks. I just wish there were a bit more songs on each station.

hellyeah3:16
  • hellyeah3:16

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:32 PM Edited by hellyeah3:16, 13 October 2013 - 08:33 PM.

West Coast Classics was cool, could've been better though. If we had a custom radio station some of the songs I would've added would've been,

2Pac: How Do U Want It, California Love, I Get Around, Keep Ya Head Up, 2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted.

Dr. Dre: All The Songs From San Andreas

D.O.C: The Formula 

Ice Cube: Today Was A Good Day

MC Eiht: Growin' Up In The Hood

kb8618
  • kb8618

"I'll swing by and sign the contracts, alright? Just ig

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:37 PM

The music blends in while driving, it all sounds great :D

agreed, but i wouldn't listen to most of them elsewhere

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

Rebel Radio doesn't have many songs but it does have Willie, Waylon, Johnny Cash, and Hank Thompson so props to R* for that.   That station sucks outside of those guys though. 

I like the music that they chose overall.  The low down with Pam Greer is probably the best imo. 

johnny paycheck and jerry reed suck :blink:

ZB 512
  • ZB 512

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

johnny paycheck and jerry reed suck :blink:

No but I don't really care for the Paycheck and Reed songs that they included.  They could have put in a better Johnny Cash song too. 

Fallout3
  • Fallout3

Cereal Killer

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

I agree. I really dislike all the songs they have on there. GTA IV's was much better though imo. 

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

The soundtrack is actually pretty good, and I'm a guy who is extremely hard to please when it comes to music. I wasn't happy with it at first, but you need to let it grow on you. 

LS Rock, Vinewood Boulevard, Non Stop Pop, West Coast Classics, Worldwide, Soulwax and Rebel Radio have some fantastic tunes. My advice is to really explore them properly, don't just listen to one once and think "This is sh*t" - I only 'discovered' Worldwide FM a few days ago, by that I mean I always used to skip it, now I've realised it has some really great tracks, it's a lovely mix of old and new, it's chilled and gives a great atmosphere when driving through the night. 

There's quite a lot of 80s music this time, which is good for me. Not all of it is your typical New Wave Vice City style stuff (which I f*cking love more than anything) but it's there, so any talk of there not being "classic" tunes is bollocks, I've recognised more tracks on this soundtrack than I have in any other game. But there's also some decent newer stuff too which i didn't think I'd be saying. Everything gives off a real good vibe. 

The only stations I don't particularly enjoy are FlyLo (but I'm currently experimenting with that), East Los FM (though I like El Sonidito and La Vida Boheme) and Radio Los Santos because modern rap music is really not my thing. 

maor166
  • maor166

random GTA player

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

gta v musics and songs suck!! gta iv had better! trust me because i know you will not but i know better than those who said that the songs/musics on gta v are good in fact gta v and gta 3 have the worst radio stations ever!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users