Photo

Why Buy a Car + Impound Question

34 replies to this topic
rslewis1998
  • rslewis1998

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

Heyy, im just wondering but, why buy a car when you can steal one ?

Also what i have been wanting to know is what do u have to do for a car to be impounded, 

&

Can you have multiple cars impounded, if not, wouldnt that be difficult?

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

So what if you drop 20k+ into a car. You wouldn't want it back?

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

if you steal a car and leave it then it'll disappear so there's no point modding it. 

if you buy a car you can mod it up and if you leave it somewhere then it'll be took to the impound.

at least that's how i think it works.

rslewis1998
  • rslewis1998

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

if you steal a car and leave it then it'll disappear so there's no point modding it. 

if you buy a car you can mod it up and if you leave it somewhere then it'll be took to the impound.

Iv never bought a car nor upgraded any however a random car i drove got impounded, and can anyone answer the multiple car question

GotDjent?
  • GotDjent?

See you on the other side.

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

Can only confirm this? Cause I recently spent 145k on a car and probably another 20+k in upgrades and I'd really hate to lose it. Also does it respawn in your garage if it explodes?

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

Motherf*cker stole Franklin's car from his house and got that sh*t impounded while I was out doing something else. f*ckin' sh*t. 

RX2000
  • RX2000

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

Thats not true. I modded a car I stole & every time I leave it somewhere it always gets taken to the impound.

As far as I can tell, there is no reason to buy a car rather than steal it. It just seems to be another way to spend the insane amounts of money you get in the game...

Jerrick
  • Jerrick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

I think you can. I went to the impound with Michael to get his car back, and it gave me the choice of 2 cars.

rslewis1998
  • rslewis1998

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

Cool, so as long as you upgrade a car it will be taken to the impound.

Also does the car remain in the impound forever or does it eventually dissapear.

EDIT: i tested it, stole a car as franklin, upgraded it (10 k) lost it when i was doing a mission and its not at the impound

odiedodi2
  • odiedodi2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:21 PM

Also does the car remain in the impound forever or does it eventually dissapear.

EDIT: i tested it, stole a car as franklin, upgraded it (10 k) lost it when i was doing a mission and its not at the impound

There was a thread earlier today about this. Stolen or bought, cars are really inconsistent. Some people bought cars, walked five feet away, and their cars disappeared forever. Lots of glitches with the garages too, including cars not saving in them. Unless a patch comes out, there literally is no reason to buy a car, or even mod a car, because it could disappear at any moment and then you're SOL.

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

I have like 30k in a truck......  not going to just leave it somewhere

DrewyR
  • DrewyR

DrewyR

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:22 PM Edited by DrewyR, 18 September 2013 - 05:23 PM.

I bought a car, upgraded it, and then drove it to a mission and I've never seen it since. :( Yes, I've checked the impound. :(

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

There was a thread earlier today about this. Stolen or bought, cars are really inconsistent. Some people bought cars, walked five feet away, and their cars disappeared forever. Lots of glitches with the garages too, including cars not saving in them. Unless a patch comes out, there literally is no reason to buy a car, or even mod a car, because it could disappear at any moment and then you're SOL.

Could those cars perhaps just be getting lifted by an NPC? You do it to other people...so-and-so has his Cheetah parked out in front of the bank, you steal it, customize it, and it's never found again by the original owner? 

?

ricktza
  • ricktza

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

I bought a car, upgraded it, and then drove it to a mission and I've never seen it since. :( Yes, I've checked the impound. :(

This happened to me also :/

A few times i noticed it was parked up the road, but that certain mission it was gone :|

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

Thats disappointing to hear. IV's disappearing cars were annoying but it didnt happen too often, and it sounded like R* was working hard to fix that issue. Saving cars is kind of a big deal.

odiedodi2
  • odiedodi2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

Could those cars perhaps just be getting lifted by an NPC? You do it to other people...so-and-so has his Cheetah parked out in front of the bank, you steal it, customize it, and it's never found again by the original owner? 

?

I doubt that's the root of the issue. Car ownership is just really buggy. One minute I've got a stolen sanchez that wouldn't stop spawning near me no matter how hard I tried to get rid of it, and the next I'm struggling to find my personally bought $90,000 banshee that I sunk tens of thousands in upgrades into.

Liam2349
  • Liam2349

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

Someone with iOS and iFruit, try stealing a car, changing the plates, and ditching it somewhere. Let us know if it gets impounded. I've been told it does.

GutsAndGlory
  • GutsAndGlory

The Don

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

I had a car i dropped money on and went to start a mission that didnt involve that vehicle and now its gone :(

im wondering about that whole car insurance thing is that only for GTA:O?

k86k
  • k86k

The Fitness Buff

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

I don't have the game yet, do cops really pursue you if they see you in a stolen car?

Kiing 360
  • Kiing 360

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

I stole a corvette looking car. Modded the ish outta it, im talking like 80k. Was hesitent to drive it. Eventually I was like F it im driving this beast. Drove it to a mission, but just incase I put a point if interest marker where I parked the car at the mission. So at the end of the mission I was in a totally different t place then I started, almost a good 3 miles away from the original mission start point. Frantically I stole a car and drove back to my marker. Some how it was there. Was shocked to say the least

Liam2349
  • Liam2349

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

I don't have the game yet, do cops really pursue you if they see you in a stolen car?

No. I think that will just be in GTA Online if you steal another players' vehicle. Also GPS trackers for vehicles don't seem to be in the game... must also be GTA Online only. Looks like Online is actually going to have more features than V.

wake11
  • wake11

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:12 AM

I had a different glitch come up with the impound system. As Michael I had found a Ferrari (Carbonizzare) and pimped it all out. Saved it to his garage.

A little later I was driving around in some other car when a message popped up saying Michael's Carbonizzare had been impounded. I was like, no way, it was in the garage. So I drive to Michael's and it's still in the garage.

I head to impound and there it is. The wheels, paint, spoiler, it was definitely the car I modded. So I took it and drove back to Michael's. The original was still in the garage.

So the impound system copied my very expensive Carbonizzare and I now have two. I gave one to Franklin now they each have one saved in their garages. I think I need to make some small change to it for it to 'become' Franklins and that way it will show up in impound if lost or stolen.

Or, does just saving the car in the garage make you the new owner?

I think they have some work to do especially with impound. I had another car I was driving as Franklin and the message said it was in impound. It was talking about the car I was driving at that exact moment. I never did go to impound for that one.

Hope I don't lose that Ferrari. And I wonder when the top tier options for modding will open up.

Perplex
  • Perplex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

Or, does just saving the car in the garage make you the new owner?

Nope, I don't think so. Had a stolen supercar, can't even remember it's name but customized it to the max and held it in Michael's house's garage for like 10 hours, then went on a mission with it (the one where you fly back to the snowy place where the game starts), left it in a parking lot of the airfield and after the mission it's nowhere to be found. Not in the garage, not in the airfield where I left it and not in the impound I looked at.

Are there more than one car impound locations? I know there are multiple police stations in Los Santos, (at least 6) and all of them have their own parking lots but I've only found one with car impound retrieval.

wake11
  • wake11

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

I wish I could answer that.

In my situation, the cloned Ferrari I had parked in Franklin's garage (the fancy house above michaels) disappeared.I saved it in there and went to work. When I came home, it was gone.

Honest Bill
  • Honest Bill

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

It seems to me you have to make sure you always take your cars out from the impound. The impound will only store two cars, and any random car you leave somewhere will be taken there. So if you have two cars in the impound, and you leave your favourite car somewhere, there is nowhere for it to go.

Just make sure you don't leave your cars in the impound.

That won't stop cars in your garage from disappearing though. I don't have any workaround for that.

RX2000
  • RX2000

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

Gotta save it in your garage first so its yours. You cant just steal it, mod it, then leave it somewhere without ever having saved it in a garage.... Then yea, it will be gone.

simstar29
  • simstar29

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

Good thread!, i brought a Cheetha about $650k, done up to the max, saved it at the vinewood garage, did a mission, came back, gone!, i was like "Son of a """""!"

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

Some cars can only be obtained by purchasing them. (like the Z-type)

Appart from that it's really aabout conevience.

abigor115
  • abigor115

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

if you BUY a plane or a boat and crash it ....Next day you have it back...but if you BUY a car and crash it its gone......WTF !!!!!!

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

I just bought 1 car .. vigero and I have never seen it since I lost it. Im not buying any cars until Rockstar fixes this. Even if I do, they will be going to my garage. I wish there was an option of a some driver bringing us our customized cars wherever we are on the map.

It would be helpful esp, If I want to do a race using my customized car. But driving from one end of the map to the other.. is a pain. Not to mention the damage cars can take in freeways.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users