Photo

Training Chop without the Iphone app?

9 replies to this topic
jivex5k
  • jivex5k

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

I don't have a smartphone, and I don't plan on getting one.

Chop...he's crapping all over the yard! I can't walk up to him and hit right on the d pad to take him for a walk like I used to be able to before I got a house in Vinewood.

Anyone know what's up with this? Is there some way to train him without this Iphone App?

Tsori
  • Tsori

=AoD= Prospect

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

No there isnt.

myx
  • myx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

sorry I cant help you I don't have a I phone...however dogs in general do happen to crap in the yard :pp

jivex5k
  • jivex5k

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

sorry I cant help you I don't have a I phone...however dogs in general do happen to crap in the yard :pp

lol, should have said my patio...or...pool walkway?
Anyways, I'd rather take him on walks and have him crap in other people's yards.

Maybe I'm taking this game to seriously haha.

If there is no way, ah well, can't win em all. I mean, the system for walking him and playing fetch is in there, don't see why I wouldn't be able to take him on walks.

Except as a business move, motivating people to download iphone apps so they can GTA while they're away increasing brand awareness and watercooler talk. Not sure GTA V needs more awareness, but hey it's whatever.

It was weird, I switched to Franklin once and he was with Chop, chop then stuck around and help me go on a rampage. I would walk into a store with my shotgun out, point it at the clerk and Chop would maul him while I grabbed the cash. I wish I could do it on demand, seemed so random.

KraytDragonBorn
  • KraytDragonBorn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:09 AM Edited by KraytDragonBorn, 21 November 2013 - 05:11 AM.

yeah not only do you have to have a smartphone to train him but you need an iphone specificly. on the plus side though you can still walk him whenever you want you just have to hold one of the trigger (forget which one) and THEN hit RB (or whatever it tells you to) you can then take him in any suitable car, and not only will he help you in fights but he'll help sniff out collectable items! or you can just take him to the beach for some fetch!

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:59 AM

He just glitches sometimes. You need either an iPhone or Android to get the app to train him. Oh the satire.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:11 AM

I hate chop, i really do. He's so pointless. I got bored of picking up his sh*t on the ap after the first time. Hell, i've got better things to do with my phone while i take a dump... like staring at a blank screen. f*ck that. I dont have a dog, because I don't want to shovel sh*t, and walk him three times a day. f*ck that. Why the f*ck should i do that in a f*cking computer game?

Instead, i thought Chop could JUST be like a "homie" that could help you out. At first it was fun playing catch, but that grew boring too. I cba to even drive him somewhere to maul someone - much easier to just get a knife out.

I honestly would rather they cut chop and put in a new car - like the stallion or tampa - tbh.

You've got to play that ap every day - twice a day, i've noticed - in order to have chop able to do tricks etc, and it's just too demanding. Instead just HAVING the ap should set chops happiness to the bare minimum required to allow him to do tricks,,

OldGamer67
  • OldGamer67

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

I might have taken the time to train Chop if they didn't demand that I do it from an app that, if I understand correctly, I have to purchase. I've already paid $60 for the game and will undoubtedly be charged for any big DLC. Just seems a little greedy. And I believe it should have been in the game along with personalized license plates, not on a separate device.

I never use Chop and don't care if he can help find things. It's cool that he'll attack but frankly my weapon does the job faster and I can aim it where I want it to go without a happy meter. Chop could've been a good addition to the game but I think Rockstar went about it the wrong way.

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

I like to use him to attack people at random sure the weapons faster but it's cool to watch him do it up close But yeah sorry bro you need either an android or apple device it doesn't have to be a phone you can do it from a tablet like i do.

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

No, the apps are free. The custom license plate thing doesn't work for me and training Chop that way is annoying and buggy.

Honestly, if R* insists on the Bawsaq Stock Market running only online as they do, then the only app they should offer is a live stock ticker that permits buying/selling stocks without having to load the game. THAT is cross-platform immersion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users