Photo

Xbox freezes when loading Story Mode

34 replies to this topic
ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

Master Chief's Backseat Driver

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

Help guys, I was just driving around as Michael and then my xbox suddely froze and I had to restart it but now whenever I load Story Mode again on GTA V, the xbox freezes when loading story mode, usually by the second piece of artwork that comes on screen. I was playing for around 4-5 hours. Someone please help! :(

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

Boi didn't we tell you don't install the damn second disc?

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

Boi didn't we tell you don't install the damn second disc?

I didnt

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

Your save-file is probably corrupt. Delete it and start over

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

Your save-file is probably corrupt. Delete it and start over

Uhh no it's not corrupt. I kept my Xbox off for a few minutes and started it up again and it managed to load my save game for Michael. It froze again just as I was walking out the door of his house. Definitely an overheating problem from what I'm seeing.

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

Well that sucks if its overheating. Can't help you there

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

Well that sucks if its overheating. Can't help you there

Yeah it's freezing at loading screen again. I took my console out of its place and put it on the floor so it can cool off easily. I just realized it got so hot that even all my game boxes in the drawer below it absorbed a lot of the heat as well. Says a lot about how demanding GTA V is :p

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:42 AM

bump

Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:47 AM

How does the console work with other games? If freezing starts as well with them I'd say you're console is about to sh*t itself....

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:53 AM

How does the console work with other games? If freezing starts as well with them I'd say you're console is about to sh*t itself....

My console works absolutely fine with other games but experiences moderate framerate issues with GTA IV.

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:55 AM

The thing is, my game was working perfectly fine for the first day and another 4-5 hours yesterday. Then when I was playing as Michael and was driving near Rockford Hills, my xbox suddenly froze completely and had to restart it manually. From here on out, my xbox freezes when it tries to load Story mode. Sometimes it's able to load my saved game but when I walk out the door of Michael's house or when I try to switch to Franklin, the game freezes again.

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:14 AM

Okay guys, for those who have the same problem, I just formatted my Xbox 360 HDD in expense of all my saved games and downloads. I'm reinstalling GTA V right now and hoping it would solve the problem. Will update you guys shortly.

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:35 AM

Nope, doesn't solve the problem. I can't believe this sh*t

GTA5FAN055
  • GTA5FAN055

XBOX GT GTA5FAN055

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:01 AM

take the xbox and smash it against the wall and see it that helps

socalwrxx
  • socalwrxx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:24 AM

Somewhere it was mentioned that Rockstar said to reformat HDD, clear system cache, and delete game save if all else fails. I did this (except deleting game save) and it froze once, but played perfectly after that. 

OP you just might have to try everything. Best of luck

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:29 AM

Somewhere it was mentioned that Rockstar said to reformat HDD, clear system cache, and delete game save if all else fails. I did this (except deleting game save) and it froze once, but played perfectly after that. 

I tried all that but not in the same order. I deleted game saves first, then cleared cache, then formatted my hard drive. In between each step I reinstalled the game to see if it works but to no avail. It keeps freezing either on the Loading Story Mode transition or a few seconds into gameplay.

Still, the peculiar part is the game worked perfectly before this incident. It's as if playing the game turned my Xbox into mush.

CharlieSheem
  • CharlieSheem

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:32 AM

Have you tried other graphic intensive games, like Black Ops 2?

Malndor
  • Malndor

!?

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

Jzmx8nE.jpg

:lol:

Dodgers2013Champs
  • Dodgers2013Champs

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:35 AM

Damn it happening to me too smh keeps loading on artwork

CharlieSheem
  • CharlieSheem

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:36 AM

Damn it happening to me too smh keeps loading on artwork

Try another game like Black Ops 2 or Skyrim

socalwrxx
  • socalwrxx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

I tried all that but not in the same order. I deleted game saves first, then cleared cache, then formatted my hard drive. In between each step I reinstalled the game to see if it works but to no avail. It keeps freezing either on the Loading Story Mode transition or a few seconds into gameplay.

Still, the peculiar part is the game worked perfectly before this incident. It's as if playing the game turned my Xbox into mush.

Do all of the above before trying to install it. 

Also, do you have the latest update from live?

CharlieSheem
  • CharlieSheem

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:44 AM

Eh....kinda hard to help troubleshoot for you guys when you don't reply.

Back to playing I guess, was trying to help.

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

Yes, works like a charm.

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:49 AM

Do all of the above before trying to install it. 

Also, do you have the latest update from live?

Yes I have but it was having some internet connectivity issues at first and was cutting out half way. Possibly a corrupted installation of the update? And I did the update before the first time I put the disk into the tray.

CharlieSheem
  • CharlieSheem

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:49 AM

Yes, works like a charm.

Good, that means your Xbox isn't f*cked.  I would get into contact with Rockstar asap, it sounds like you aren't the only one this is happening to.

I think the first patch they release will fix the problem, but they need to know it exists first.

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

Yes, works like a charm.

Good, that means your Xbox isn't f*cked.  I would get into contact with Rockstar asap, it sounds like you aren't the only one this is happening to.

I think the first patch they release will fix the problem, but they need to know it exists first.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if the game's not optimized at first release for older models of the 360 or PS3. Perhaps they're looking for a solution right now.

But it still wouldn't explain how the game was running perfectly and smoothly before the incident. Barely any framerate issues, very rare pop-ins, no sinking into the ground and such. Even the character switching was seamless and quick.

CharlieSheem
  • CharlieSheem

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:54 AM

Yes, works like a charm.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if the game's not optimized at first release for older models of the 360 or PS3. Perhaps they're looking for a solution right now.

But it still wouldn't explain how the game was running perfectly and smoothly before the incident. Barely any framerate issues, very rare pop-ins, no sinking into the ground and such. Even the character switching was seamless and quick.

Should let them know all that, as well as what mission you were on.

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:55 AM

Yes, works like a charm.

I know this might be a stupid question but, how do I go about doing this? Do I e-mail? Mouthoff? o.O

CharlieSheem
  • CharlieSheem

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:56 AM

Yes, works like a charm.

I know this might be a stupid question but, how do I go about doing this? Do I e-mail? Mouthoff? o.O

If you want the best support/answers, I would try calling them to be honest.  You might get some automated cookie cutter response otherwise.

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

If you want the best support/answers, I would try calling them to be honest.  You might get some automated cookie cutter response otherwise.

Alright I'll go with e-mail then. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users