17 replies to this topic
Cezo
  • Cezo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

Day 1:070c020dc3f5d795c72b1254253e570d.png

Day 2:c894dd2724cf0f8966a01eb227f70791.png

This kind of kills the purpose of the Stock Market doesn't it? I was looking forward to this feature but it obviously doesn't work...

Is anyone else having the same problem?

• SK_ likes this

Tsori
  • Tsori

=AoD= Prospect

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

i dont see the issue, that there was no change?

For the LCN , change occurs in relation to ingame stuff. This is the "Easy mode" stocks. So basically you take stocks in stuff that is about to be effected by missions you are doing, or things you intend to do in game. So in your case, cola, so now go buy loads of cola, or find a cola truck and destroy it and watch the thing change.

If you want a quicker and more interactive stock market, use the BAWSDAC, since, this is effected not only by everyones single players updating via the social club, (so in this case, everyone that buys a cola in their singleplayers contributes to your stock price rising) but also once GTA online opens it will effect that too.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

No what he is saying is look at the days of the week at the bottom of the chart. It basically shows the same graph but over different days. Faulty indeed.

Tsori
  • Tsori

=AoD= Prospect

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

Ah i see. Weird, As i say however, if you haven't interacted in any way with the company, it doesn't progress.

This is why i avoid the LCN and stick to the bawsdaq. 

Raynos
  • Raynos

GTA VET

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

Hmm weird, mine changes on its own all the time. I've been free roaming and stocks for radio Los santos and Tinkle keep changing

Cezo
  • Cezo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

Hmm weird, mine changes on its own all the time. I've been free roaming and stocks for radio Los santos and Tinkle keep changing

huh, maybe it's just this one stock...

Off Topic: Can you purchase vehicles in GTA V? If so, what perks do you get when you own it instead of just steal it? :)

LrdMASTRk
  • LrdMASTRk

Can't Wait!

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

I bought Bean Machine on the LCN and it changes, made extra off of it for Franklin.  Waiting to do the Bawsaq until I get his payout from heist 1.

jivex5k
  • jivex5k

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

I have the same issue, graph never seems to change.

picklez08
  • picklez08

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:16 PM Edited by picklez08, 18 September 2013 - 07:21 PM.

Yep, similar problem here.

I bought my stock ages ago (about 4 different ones).. But none of them show any change in price, even though the graph shows very fluctuating prices. 

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

Yep, same problem here :(

Makes me wonder to what extent the stock market in general is glitched, as in stocks not behaving as they should. It would be frustrating to find out that you can't manipulate the market even if you try and follow all of the tricks because of a glitch you have no control over.

The Nefarious Jester
  • The Nefarious Jester

Forum Old Timer

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

The single player aspect of stocks is entirely based on your actions in the world, the graph should change day and just spread flat, or fluctuate slight amounts but hey, I just look at the portfolio inc/dec rather than the graphs :)

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

The only thing I'd say is faulty is that, if you dip below an Open NAT, it won't allow you access to the BAWSAQ.

I can play online multiplayer with 23 other people in other games, but I can't get an updated text list without messing with my router. lol

As for fixes - I don't know what the issue is. Doing anything I've been able to find online fixes it... for a few hours at most. Nothing's a permanent solution here.

picklez08
  • picklez08

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:12 PM Edited by picklez08, 18 September 2013 - 08:15 PM.

Yes, this is very confusing indeed.

Graphs show lots of fluctuating prices, but every single stock I have has not changed for more than 1.5% since I bought it.

Animal Ark value is still 135 since I bought shares. I have bought about 15 different stocks just to see whats up.. This sucks.. :(

I was going to invest big in lesters advice, but since its broken that will be pointless.

uber_mike
  • uber_mike

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:32 PM Edited by uber_mike, 18 September 2013 - 09:33 PM.

Yes, this is very confusing indeed.

Graphs show lots of fluctuating prices, but every single stock I have has not changed for more than 1.5% since I bought it.

Animal Ark value is still 135 since I bought shares. I have bought about 15 different stocks just to see whats up.. This sucks.. :(

I was going to invest big in lesters advice, but since its broken that will be pointless.

Just keep playing and when you start doing missions for lester (as franklin) thats when you need to listen to the dialog and invest. You have to think how your actions as the character will impact a companies (and competitors) welth and invest smartly.

I noticed too the line graphs are fake and most stock does not change much. The missions though, that's where you've gotta listen to get the payoffs. I made 200k+ in several hours by doing so.

vyvexthorne
  • vyvexthorne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

Stock market doesn't actually work with how it's displayed. Not sure about the 'powered by rockstar' one but LCN graphs and numbers don't mean a thing. If you go to sleep as OP did you will notice that the graph does not change. Save a game and load it up and the graph has changed. It will always show the peak value at the same amount. For instance, My debonair high is $62.29. It's always $62.29 even though it's supposedly only based on an in game week. If I load up a previous save game from the beginning and look at the high numbers, they don't change. HOwever, my ecola high is 31.86. (and has always been so.) . So it's different than the OP's. So  it must randomly choose high/lowes from the start of the game and keeps them there or something. Or, perhaps things you do actually affect the numbers in some maner .. but the graphs really don't mean a thing.

As for the online one.. all of our numbers should be the same yes? ..or no?.. I have no idea. If we can affect Bawsaq in single player then we should be seeing fluctuations in those stocks that are affected from everyone while they are doing that story. Yet I notice no difference unless I've physically done a mission that affects those stocks... Again, the graphs never change.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:03 AM Edited by NateShaw92, 23 September 2013 - 01:05 AM.

the LCN graph doesnt work, if you look at the numbers they don't match up with the actual prices, not even close

as for online, the numbers wont be the same for everyone, if you did soemthing in the story that will change your bawsaq, i don't think it does for anyone else (at least as much)

will this graphical error be patched?

shimmydimmy
  • shimmydimmy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

So i have noticed that the graphs dont change day to day but the price will some times but for me only negitive. i have stocks is RAI ($44.93), BOM ($6.03), and DOP($5.98). i bought these at there very low points and there highs are 300% away but after 50 inday games and reloading after every 5th day they have went down RAI -1.6% BOM -22.93% and DOP -33.54%. they have never went up after i bought them but others that i dont have money in move around only like 5% up or down fequently. i only wanted to make some money to buy some propertys sence i already did lesters missions before knowing about the stock market. i hope they fix this or improve it.

IRA West Coast
  • IRA West Coast

I got a nickname for all my guns

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:38 PM Edited by IRA West Coast, 06 October 2013 - 11:39 PM.

So i have noticed that the graphs dont change day to day but the price will some times but for me only negitive. i have stocks is RAI ($44.93), BOM ($6.03), and DOP($5.98). i bought these at there very low points and there highs are 300% away but after 50 inday games and reloading after every 5th day they have went down RAI -1.6% BOM -22.93% and DOP -33.54%. they have never went up after i bought them but others that i dont have money in move around only like 5% up or down fequently. i only wanted to make some money to buy some propertys sence i already did lesters missions before knowing about the stock market. i hope they fix this or improve it.

For me, some stocks do whatever, but the ones on the LCN that move predictively are tied to the messages on the right of the stock "home" screen (the 3 on the right)... When it says a particular stock is moving up or down, it does appear to do so. I haven't made a lot of money one those ones, not like I have with PIS and HAL, but you can make a small percentage if u time it right.

The online users list is currently unavailable due to maintenance but will return in 3 minutes.