» «
Photo

Amazing Sound

5 replies to this topic
JocGTAV
  • JocGTAV

The 1%

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:03 PM Edited by JocGTAV, 18 September 2013 - 04:06 PM.

One thing I immediately noticed when walking around the city is the incredible ambient sound everywhere I went. Along Vespucci Beach I hear the crowd of people near the boardwalk, the boats and jetskis in the distance, the low rumble of the waves crashing onto the beach, and the motorcycles red lining on the highway.

Out of everything that brings LS to life, whether its the lighting, the amount of activity in every frame, the sound, or the beautiful textures, the sounds of the characters surroundings definitely have the biggest effect on immersion. I've played so many games with a city setting over the years but in my opinion this game has the absolute best and most realistic audio experience I have ever come accross.
  • GTAFan0913 likes this

Ziggy Jinx
  • Ziggy Jinx

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

Yeah..... your hear awsome bikes in the background but when you get on one it sounds like a dyson hoover :panic:

just-a-spaz
  • just-a-spaz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

I think the car crash sound is a little jarring at first because I wasn't expecting it to sound like that. It sounds... kinda cheap, but I think they recorded it from a real car crash, so I can't really complain about it. I guess I was just so used to the way car crashes sounded in GTA IV.

A lot of flak that this game is getting is because people are USED TO GTA IV... not because GTA V is bad... it's just NOT THE SAME.

Get used to the driving, get used to the flying, get used to the sounds, get used to the graphics, get used to the hugely improved fighting and shooting, and then go back and play GTA IV... I guarantee you'll be bored in seconds. There's almost nothing to do in Liberty City. The only thing I ever seemed to do in Liberty City is drive around and try to fly off motorcycles on purpose.

GTA V is a totally new experience and I can't go back now... too much to do and see. I even hit a deer last night.

V8VANTAGE
  • V8VANTAGE

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

Some of the sounds are brilliant, but I think overall it could have been mixed a bit better. Some sound effects are clearly too loud whilst others too quiet. The music is in a noticeably lower bit-rate to GTA IV, but that is not so much of a concern.

Nothing that cannot be patched up.

JocGTAV
  • JocGTAV

The 1%

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

I think the car crash sound is a little jarring at first because I wasn't expecting it to sound like that. It sounds... kinda cheap, but I think they recorded it from a real car crash, so I can't really complain about it. I guess I was just so used to the way car crashes sounded in GTA IV.

A lot of flak that this game is getting is because people are USED TO GTA IV... not because GTA V is bad... it's just NOT THE SAME.

Get used to the driving, get used to the flying, get used to the sounds, get used to the graphics, get used to the hugely improved fighting and shooting, and then go back and play GTA IV... I guarantee you'll be bored in seconds. There's almost nothing to do in Liberty City. The only thing I ever seemed to do in Liberty City is drive around and try to fly off motorcycles on purpose.

GTA V is a totally new experience and I can't go back now... too much to do and see. I even hit a deer last night.

agreed! I bet pretty soon when everyone is used to V there will be threads on here that say IV doesnt feel/look/sound right lol

OverTheTop
  • OverTheTop

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:36 PM

Really noticed the sounds after putting on headphones the second time I played.  R* sound dept. does a world class job, adds so much to the game and is often taken for granted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users