More I play it, the worse it gets.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
63 replies to this topic
EDSTEROK
  • EDSTEROK

Going to Los Santos

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

People are just going to have to realize and ACCEPT that some things will be changed for the better and others for the worst (in their opinions).

If you only concentrate on the "bad" you're only cheating yourself out of enjoyment.

Remember that for every person that hates the driving (among other things) there's someone that loves it and neither one is wrong in THEIR opinion.

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

He's completely right... This forum sadly filled with blind kids too quick. Realist people are immediately labeled as trolls. I hope they go away soon and core team is left. Then we will be able to discuss this game maturely.

Bazzad
  • Bazzad

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

You want realism, but you want to crash your car, fly through your wind screen, through the air, land, bounce and roll and live.

So you dont want realism?

What?

It seems like you people just enjoy complaining.

• GoldDigga likes this

GoldDigga
  • GoldDigga

Evil Overlord of the Internet

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

lol yeah guys show him how much of a bitch he is

why the f*ck are you on gta forums you little nerd get the f*ck off this thread nerd keep playing gta v 24/7 you loser

and btw SOME ASPECTS OF THE HANDLING ARE OKAY. BUT WHEN YOU TURN IT LOSES NO TRACTION AND IT TURNS TOO QUICK AND UNReALISTIC. ALSO THE CARS DONT EVEN GET OFF THE GROUND.

f*ck out of these forums you whiney little c*nt, Nobody gifes a f*ck. If you don't like the game, then don't play it. Simple as that. No need for this thread you f*cking attention whore mothaf*cka

wtf4ndang0
  • wtf4ndang0

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

He's completely right... This forum sadly filled with blind kids too quick. Realist people are immediately labeled as trolls. I hope they go away soon and core team is left. Then we will be able to discuss this game maturely.

You want realism, but you want to crash your car, fly through your wind screen, through the air, land, bounce and roll and live.

So you dont want realism?

What?

It seems like you people just enjoy complaining.

exactly I guarantee these are the same kind of people who constantly bitch about how everything in their lives is wrong when in fact they have a better one than most. Probably American, embarrassing our country on the internet

user14
  • user14

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

yeh this game is huge let down. the driving feels like mario kart.

• Omar_DmX likes this

Omar_DmX
  • Omar_DmX

Trick

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

Have you driven cars irl before??? Gta iv was NOT REALISTIC!!!!!

Neither is GTA V, actually V's driving is waaay far from realistic, it's like a big step in the wrong direction.

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:27 PM Edited by Kratos2000, 18 September 2013 - 03:30 PM.

dont play it then. Go away.

Jesus christ piss off, have you ever thought there might be a reason to complain? If that's his experience then it's something that has to be changed.
You can't just tell anyone who disagrees to go away, you don't. end of story and of this sick trollfest.
What good is your complaining going to do? Do you think Rockstar is to going to redevelop the game for a few whiney nerds when millions of people are enjoying it the way it is?

This is the best GTA game ever. Deal with it the way it is or don't play it.

It's not my opinion, it's the op's. Personally I don't give a sh*t about physics as you always get used to it at one point.

The thing is, you can't expect everyone to tune down to your narrow ignorant POV and keep hush over Rockstar's mistakes,

As customers we have always had to be critical when something's wrong otherwise we would've been treated like mugs.

Not everyone likes how the game turned out and you'll have to accept that as the forum is for opinions. good, bad.

If the OP wants to criticize and you'll tell him to f*ck off and go away, well then f*ck you and f*ck your agenda and not a single thought would be spared on you as well. 

The posts I often see here are ridiculous. people told to go away and cut the whining because they have trouble with the game, you fricking serious.

ReconzVenture
  • ReconzVenture

Eccentric Raver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

lol yeah guys show him how much of a bitch he is

why the f*ck are you on gta forums you little nerd get the f*ck off this thread nerd keep playing gta v 24/7 you loser

and btw SOME ASPECTS OF THE HANDLING ARE OKAY. BUT WHEN YOU TURN IT LOSES NO TRACTION AND IT TURNS TOO QUICK AND UNReALISTIC. ALSO THE CARS DONT EVEN GET OFF THE GROUND.

How can you call someone a nerd (which btw isn't really an insult anymore, we aren't in 1999) if you're sitting around all day moaning and crying about a video game on a video game forum site? If anything you're the biggest nerd here, and a f*cking brain dead one at that.

SausageInACan
  • SausageInACan

كافر

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

The only things that are bad about the game are the motorcycles, the damage physics, and maybe the planes. I have only flew the plane that you use when you buy that airfield with Trevor.

But one thing that annoys me is when people bitch about the driving and how they say. "GTA IVs driving was so much more realistic than V." Like seriously, in real life cars don't ride up walls and loose control when you when you slightly tap the breaks.
mvVsAdv.jpg

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

I remember you complaining for some time...so who's forcing you to play the game again? If you don't like it, drop it. Also, learn to respect some opinions. Just because dislike certain features doesn't mean that it's a fact that they are bad.

This is my opinion after playing the game for a few hours: the graphics are a major step up from GTA IV, everything from the textures to the lighting. To be honest, I'm finding it hard to actually listen to people saying something like this...because graphical fidelity isn't something opinion-based. It's a fact that the textures are more high res, or that the lighting and draw distance are much better optimized. I did hear that the 360 has some textures issues compared to the ps3. You can read the DigitalFoundry article.

Secondly, I actually like the new driving system. It gives you that high speed and controlable car feeling that IV lacked...which wasn't exactly realistic. It takes a bit to get used to it, but all of the GTA games have had different handling systems so this is no exception. Then again, you do have a cheat for icy road style driving.

Thirdly, the car damage model is virtually the same, the only real difference is that cars are sturdier, but they have the exact same type of collision system, plus a lot more falling parts this time around. Too bad there's no flimsy car cheat though...

I'll agree that the motorcycle handling is a bit odd, but I think a lot of it is down to the camera perspective. Regarding drifting...that's something very hard to pull in real life. The bike is more likely to throw you off than to skid, but a balance system for bikes would probably be too hard to implement or wouldn't work. Haven't seen any game with it.

fwenshy
  • fwenshy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

C ya

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

I punched my grandma because this game sucks. See what you made me do rockstar!
  • Cinoy likes this

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

Never played IV, but turned on V last night and had no issues with the driving. Loved it. Crashed head-on into another car, backed up, drove off only to notice I couldn't get up to speed. Moved camera around only to notice my tire had been pushed back into the frame and wasn't moving. Pretty cool.

Go play IV if you've got a hard on for it....I'm sticking with this one. Recall? Are you f*ckin' retarded? 

SausageInACan
  • SausageInACan

كافر

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

Neither is GTA V, actually V's driving is waaay far from realistic, it's like a big step in the wrong direction.
You are retarded.

GTAV2011
  • GTAV2011

GTAV...2013

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:37 PM Edited by GTAV2011, 18 September 2013 - 03:38 PM.

f*ck you, trolling sh*t.

You are entitled to an opinion OP. Ignore the fanboy trolls. At least you put effort into your post.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:38 PM Edited by GTAaLEX117, 18 September 2013 - 03:38 PM.

Never played IV, but turned on V last night and had no issues with the driving. Loved it. Crashed head-on into another car, backed up, drove off only to notice I couldn't get up to speed. Moved camera around only to notice my tire had been pushed back into the frame and wasn't moving. Pretty cool.

Go play IV if you've got a hard on for it....I'm sticking with this one. Recall? Are you f*ckin' retarded? 

That's true, the more damage the car receives, the worse the driving becomes.

It's actually more realistic when it comes to high performance cars...

Omar_DmX
  • Omar_DmX

Trick

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

You are retarded.

Says the 15 year old, you don't even have the age to play GTA, GTFO.

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:42 PM Edited by ludi911, 18 September 2013 - 03:43 PM.

I always like the IV style of driving (back when everyone complained ) it was not realistic, cars was more like boats but it was unique different than any other game. Despite the fact that i like IV vechicle physics more, i think V one is fine and damage is very good. Road textures like PS2? Clean you eyes is only thing i can say.
I have a theory that a group of people went to the GTAV in advance negative approach and now look only for "evidence"

Omar_DmX
  • Omar_DmX

Trick

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

Maybe in terms of control when you drive fast, but when you slow down you start to notice the lack of suspension / weight shifting, and the cars feel glued to the ground.

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

f*cking fanboys, what are you doing here? Keep playing your perfect game ...

Omar_DmX
  • Omar_DmX

Trick

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

I always like the IV style of driving (back when everyone complained ) it was not realistic, cars was more like boats but it was unique different than any other game. Despite the fact that i like IV vechicle physics more, i think V one is fine and damage is very good. Road textures like PS2? Clean you eyes is only thing i can say.
I have a theory that a group of people went to the GTAV in advance negative approach and now look only for "evidence"

CGMwmMU.jpg

boola
  • boola

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

While I did like the driving in GTA4 and I will admit, first time i got on a bike in V I thought it was awful, but after playing for the past 2 days, I cant tell the difference now. The driving in this game is fantastically fun. I honestly believe the car handling is much improved from IV. Its like they took all the things wrong with the handling in IV and improved it. Also the car damage may not display damage like it did in IV but the cars performance certainly takes a knock just was quick, wheels can easily get knocked off axels etc.

If you dont like it and are too in love with IV then you need to let it go and move on. Whining about it only makes you look like a childish idiot. Just embrace the change and enjoy this amazingly designed game.

HerpaDerpaD
  • HerpaDerpaD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

Lol I really don't get the hate. This game Is amazing. I tried to fly a plane with a messed up engine up to mount chiliad. Only i realized i wouldn't make it. So I jumped out landed in the middle and walked to the top from there killing some hikers on the way. That was more fun then anything I ever did In GTA IV. 

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

What is the point of this thread? Are you trying to convince people that love the game that it's not good? This isn't the complaint department. Email Rockstar, nobody cares that you don't like the game. This game has brought back the magic that vice city and San Andreas had. If you don't like it you're not a GTA fan, simple as that.

The driving physics are even worse than San Andreas, what the hell is that? You can climb a mountain at 90º degrees with a f*cking bycicle without falling off, you can jump over 1000 ft with a bycicle and you won't fall. The driving is so arcade and the cars are tanks...

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

Maybe in terms of control when you drive fast, but when you slow down you start to notice the lack of suspension / weight shifting, and the cars feel glued to the ground.

Put on hud camera mode on the cars, and you'll notice the suspension, especially when going over obstacles. You can also notice it on the cars on the street. Regarding "glued to the ground"...that's actually realistic at low speed. If they were glued to the ground at high speed (they aren't, you can easily see them loosing control and spinning out), then that would be an issue.

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

stop hating on the poster..  anyone who learned how to properly drive in IV must understand where this whining is coming from.

i love the game but the driving is a little disappointing to me to.. and i can live with that and hope a patch comes out wich reduces the grip a little so whipping out the tail gets better and wheelspin lasts longer etc.. sometimes in V it feels like your car is on rails.

but op is right.. the bike handeling is f*cked. no words for it. f*cked. 

and why o why did they make cars instantly explode when you fall on your roof from a hight..  years of exitement because mountains and offroading are back.. but can't take big jumps because BOOM

everything else is awesome tho! but i hope some of these things get tweaked a little.. 

Redwood Cigarettes
  • Redwood Cigarettes

The R★ Games Collector.

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

tl;dr

The more I play this game the better it gets.

(20 hours+ so far)

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

What is the point of this thread? Are you trying to convince people that love the game that it's not good? This isn't the complaint department. Email Rockstar, nobody cares that you don't like the game. This game has brought back the magic that vice city and San Andreas had. If you don't like it you're not a GTA fan, simple as that.

The driving physics are even worse than San Andreas, what the hell is that? You can climb a mountain at 90º degrees with a f*cking bycicle without falling off, you can jump over 1000 ft with a bycicle and you won't fall. The driving is so arcade and the cars are tanks...

Eh...did you play SA? A bike could climb over basically anything as long as it wasn't perfectly vertical.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

hahahahaha....tell that to the dozen cars I blew the f*ck up last night. 

On a side note: Is there a way to tell your character to put on a seatbelt? I f*ckin' went out the front window way too many times last night and while hilarious, it's not the best way to outrun the police. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users