The Driving is Wrong, but this is why.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic
SickboyGNi
  • SickboyGNi

I.T Security

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

A lot of people bitching about the driving and they have right, as it's a mess.

This is not a thread to debate the situation, there's a situation with the driving and we're not getting past it, some agree, some don't think a thing is wrong. But for those of us who do agree, add to the list of why it's wrong, just to see if we're singing from the same hymn sheet.

It's just not right because:

1) Putting on the hand break in some cars stops the car faster than applying the break.

2) You can go from top speed to stop in 1.4 secs while on a motorbike.

3) You can turn most of the high end cars on a 50 pence piece and racing them at top speed feel unnaturally fast, yet somehow completely doable, even in high traffic!

4) What the freak is this Khamelion car all about, the 'high end electric car' and do they know it's making a joke out of the game?

• Hypertenzion and daniels like this

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

This is because most of the people were too stupid to handle the driving in GTA IV. That's the result.

I liked IV's driving and physics much better, but I am in the minority

• rdamerico likes this

kspence92
  • kspence92

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

You can't push a tiny car out the way even driving a fire engine if you're going slow. Even going slow it should be easy to push small cars out the way with larger vehicles.

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

You can drive the cars much faster, you can take turns much faster. Driving is fun, fast and exhilarating. You have to be a real nerd to be concerned about physics.
  • IveGotNoValues and Bazzad like this

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

You can drive the cars much faster, you can take turns much faster. Driving is fun, fast and exhilarating. You have to be a real nerd to be concerned about physics.

Can you describe to me what exactly is fun about it without bringing "fast" or "easy" into it?

• Shox likes this

abigor115
  • abigor115

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

This is because most of the people were too stupid to handle the driving in GTA IV. That's the result.

I liked IV's driving and physics much better, but I am in the minority

+1000000 ......yoooo f*ck GTA5 handling

Shox
  • Shox

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:06 PM Edited by Shox, 18 September 2013 - 03:07 PM.

Can you describe to me what exactly is fun about it without bringing "fast" or "easy" into it?
Why? Fast and easy are 2 legitimate reasons to like the driving.
Also, for some, they are 2 legit reasons to not like the driving.
There is no right or wrong here. Just opinions.

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

Can you describe to me why you're whining bitch?

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

Why? Fast and easy are 2 legitimate reasons to like the driving.
Also, for some, they are 2 legit reasons to not like the driving.
There is no right or wrong here. Just opinions.

Fun for the simple minded, sure, but that makes it boring for everyone else who want more complex driving mechanics.  Why should it only be fun for the more casual fans?

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

lol you sound like a preteen brat or someone who's never driven a car. can't believe R* listened to you causal gamers

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

People complained because driving in IV was hard, they made driving easy in V, now people complain because of it.

For VI, R* will make driving and crashes 100% realistic and people will complain because "it's too realistic and this is a game". I can see this happening.

• Ravey Davey likes this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

Keep hating and pretending your opinion is fact, someone will take you seriously one day.

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

lol you sound like a preteen brat or someone who's never driven a car. can't believe R* listened to you causal gamers

You sound like PC nerd that is more concerned about playing with physics than actually having fun.

If you want to see real physics go outside. If you want to pay a fun game play GTA.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:14 PM

You sound like PC nerd that is more concerned about playing with physics than actually having fun.

If you want to see real physics go outside. If you want to pay a fun game play GTA.

May as well get rid of bothering to get behind cover or get rid of the health bar.  Who needs realism?

Bazzad
  • Bazzad

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

Who needs realism?

Not me, not in my video games. If I want realsim I'll do real things in real life with real people.

But all you have is your games.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

I like the cars, they are good for me. Less spinning out, was a problem in IV.

Bikes are a little undersesitive on turning, that's all.

I find that the physics are more annoying with characters who aren't as good as other characters. Driving a car hasn't been a problem for me with Franklin, but with Michael, it needed a bit more concentration.

That's my experience anyway, not really dissapointed.

Drakeulah
  • Drakeulah

African American gang member

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

The people who disliked the driving would get called fags and crybaby's so much if you all would stop making a million threads about it.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion but why must you keep going on and on and on about it when the games done and there's nothing anyone can do about it.  If your so pissed off about it and can stand it and hate it then either don't play it or get rid of it.

Shox
  • Shox

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

The arrogance of calling people simple minded for disagreeing with you. Unbelievable. Really really unbelievable.

Tomson21
  • Tomson21

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:22 PM Edited by Tomson21, 18 September 2013 - 03:23 PM.

i think that there is many people thinking, that this driving and physics are sh*tty, but don't worry - pc modders will do the right thing, and eventually we'll get proper handling and damage. they mod the sh*t out of the IV, so the same thing will be with V.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

Wow you trolls need to stfu and go away.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

The arrogance of calling people simple minded for disagreeing with you. Unbelievable. Really really unbelievable.

It's not arrogance - the physics really are designed specifically for and catered to the more simple minded who whined about how hard it was in IV.  It is a lot less complicated a process to get around in V.  Therefor, it is not as fun for those who enjoy having depth in games.

Shox
  • Shox

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

Okay fella. Whatever. I'd rather talk to the grown ups.
People who can debate their dislike of the mechanics without acting like a spoiled brat.

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

1) Putting on the hand break in some cars stops the car faster than applying the break.

3) You can turn most of the high end cars on a 50 pence piece and racing them at top speed feel unnaturally fast, yet somehow completely doable, even in high traffic!

4) What the freak is this Khamelion car all about, the 'high end electric car' and do they know it's making a joke out of the game?

A lot of these are really vailid complaints, and also about pushing small cars out of the way. I hope that some of that stuff if fixed. I wish more people would discuss the driving like a few of these posters. All this other garbage makes it real tedious to read any thread about it.

For me, the driving on IV was really arcade like. Spinning out at 30mph. That's something that I find quite impossible. If you watch a bunch of car slalom videos, like I did last night, and then watch some GTA IV, and then go back to the slalom videos, it almost make you queasy.

At the 44 second mark, this guy is driving 67 mph. I wouldn't really say he is sliding all over the place.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:44 PM Edited by Gst0395, 18 September 2013 - 03:44 PM.

I'm sorry mate, but I have alot more fun driving in GTA V than I do in GTA IV. I don't care how "unrealistic" the physics are, driving recklessly has never been this much fun in any game in the series. The physics are like a cross between GTA IV and Saints Row 2, or older GTA games like Vice City and San Andreas. It's perfect for me. The damage seems fine as well. Sure cars don't deform as much as they did in GTA IV, though I have trashed up my taxi a few times while taking fares, and I wasn't even trying.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

Oh yeah, I wonder where that "high end" thing comes into play? Right? Most modern high end cars CAN actually turn very fast, have fast acceleration and high top speed, good grip, good suspension, hardly any body roll and don't go airborn at the slightest bumb. High end cars in IV were a joke tbh.

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

Because cars are glued to the ground you hit a sidewalk when at high speed but the car doesn't even bother jumping a little bit. Not even 1 cm.

Matt21
  • Matt21

Gimme your wallet

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

You're calling other people nerds, yet here you are posting on a video game related forum, defending a games driving physics? The irony...

SickboyGNi
  • SickboyGNi

I.T Security

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

A lot of these are really vailid complaints, and also about pushing small cars out of the way. I hope that some of that stuff if fixed. I wish more people would discuss the driving like a few of these posters. All this other garbage makes it real tedious to read any thread about it.

For me, the driving on IV was really arcade like. Spinning out at 30mph. That's something that I find quite impossible. If you watch a bunch of car slalom videos, like I did last night, and then watch some GTA IV, and then go back to the slalom videos, it almost make you queasy.

At the 44 second mark, this guy is driving 67 mph. I wouldn't really say he is sliding all over the place.

See now that's a good post on the issue, all the other crap would make a person tired.

I could live with what you're saying, and yes some cars do handle very different, but I think the biggest gripe for me would be the stopping distances. Some of the cars are able to just break stop within a second and just turn, while breaking and at high speed. I just think it's way too easy.

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

I can't wait for a week or two from now when people will figure out that complaining about the driving physics doesn't change anything...

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Because cars are glued to the ground you hit a sidewalk when at high speed but the car doesn't even bother jumping a little bit. Not even 1 cm.

The cars do react a little, again switch to hud camera to see the suspension. The don't jump around in the air like in IV...or a Michael Bay movie for that matter, and I'm actually thankfull for that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users