Quantcast

» «
Photo

(SPOILER!)A tiny thing I did not like. Again tiny...(SPOILER!)

34 replies to this topic
The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Frank Matthews...The Guy that won...

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:41 PM Edited by The Made Man, 18 September 2013 - 03:02 PM.

I'm loving GTA 5 so far and I mean I LOVE IT. I can't let go of the game and I am sometimes late for work and college. But there is just one tiny little thing I did not like and that was

Spoiler
. Not really the death itself, but how the death was and how it was handled.
Spoiler
Did Rockstar forget about that???
Spoiler
. Crying and whining over Trevor F'ing his so called love of his life
Spoiler
, when
Spoiler
never really gave a damn about her in
Spoiler
. Sure he cared for her, but would never cry that she was getting F'ed by another man. I can go on, but I think I made my point. And why would
Spoiler
let Trevor hug him in the first place? He should have seen the bottle coming.

Anyways that is MY ONLY compliant. I LOVE the game so far. I actually love all three. Franklin was my favorite character before the game release. But Michael is really growing onto me. I just started playing as Trevor. Again that is my ONLY compliant. 

Also NO spoilers after Trevors first mission which includes

Spoiler

CAZPER
  • CAZPER

Sniiaijee

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:42 PM Edited by dLARRYb, 18 September 2013 - 02:42 PM.

He is a crackhead in GTA V. Looks like one too... And Trevor is a crazy dude, unpredictable and owns a meth business where Johnny got some of the meth & probably didn't want to anger Trevor..

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

I agree sad how they handled his character

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:52 PM Edited by Th3MaN1, 18 September 2013 - 02:53 PM.

First, put all the text in spoilers.

Spoiler

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

Its 5 years after GTA 4 story. He is junkie and R* wanted to show us that Trevor is even bigger psychopath than Klebbitz

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Frank Matthews...The Guy that won...

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

Okay just found out Johnny was addicted to meth. But still he was a protagonist and IMO still deserved a more honorable death. Heck Victor Vance had a more honorable death and we knew Victor was going to die since GTA VC came out before VC.

@Th3MaN1

I put spoiler in the title in all capitals.

Drake1212
  • Drake1212

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:03 PM

I didn't like it neither, but i think Rockstar was trying to make a point (or maybe 3):

1) Meth is a hell of a drug.

2) Trevor is completely psycho (what makes the you the biggest psycho? killing the second biggest psycho).

3) Just showing us how "lost" Johnny actually was after the ending of TLaD.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:05 PM Edited by Jesse Pinkman, 18 September 2013 - 03:06 PM.

Okay just found out Johnny was addicted to meth. But still he was a protagonist and IMO still deserved a more honorable death. Heck Victor Vance had a more honorable death and we knew Victor was going to die since GTA VC came out before VC.

@Th3MaN1

Vance died in a cutscene too and he even looked different in it than in the game. Lol.

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Be a real man. Smoke Redwood.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

Because he turned into a crackhead now. Whole scene is completely logical if you look at it.

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

I said my piece here

http://gtaforums.com...-that-spoilers/

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:48 PM Edited by FearTheLiving, 18 September 2013 - 03:49 PM.

Because he turned into a crackhead now. Whole scene is completely logical if you look at it.

Not really the end of

Spoiler

@Th3MaN1

Vance died in a cutscene too and he even looked different in it than in the game. Lol.

Hugely different story, Vic was a minor character that had already died that R* turned into a protagonist.

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

You should pour gas on him and give him a Viking funeral.

differenz
  • differenz

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:58 PM Edited by differenz, 18 September 2013 - 04:03 PM.

I actually like the way it was done. As the fella said:

Spoiler

Now why did Rockstar do this, why did they decide to kill 
Spoiler

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:04 PM Edited by FearTheLiving, 18 September 2013 - 04:05 PM.

I actually like the way it was done. As the fella said:

Spoiler

Now why did Rockstar do this, why did they decide to kill 
Spoiler

Except he wasn't in

Spoiler

As to your second part that's the exact reason I don't like it, feels so forced. 

CPFC Ultra
  • CPFC Ultra

Chap

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

Never liked him or TLAD. Glad he's dead.

GTAIsMyLove
  • GTAIsMyLove

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

I hated it too... yea r* wanted to promote trevor but not if you gonna degrade a previous main character like that....thats bs

whats next... in the next GTA Tommy Vercetti coming back begging to suck cock for food.... R* should protect main characters and not degrade them.. Johhny was a cool dude and this just made me dislike trevor

• ONEkingscar likes this

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

I thought it was a good way of showcasing Trevor's level. If it had been some nobody or a weak character from a previous game, people would have been like "yeah yeah, another nutcase" , but having his superiority over a character the players are used to seeing as strong and a leader really brought Trevor's stature to the fore.

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:14 PM Edited by FearTheLiving, 18 September 2013 - 04:15 PM.

I hated it too... yea r* wanted to promote trevor but not if you gonna degrade a previous main character like that....thats bs

whats next... in the next GTA Tommy Vercetti coming back begging to suck cock for food.... R* should protect main characters and not degrade them.. Johhny was a cool dude and this just made me dislike trevor

Exactly how I feel, I honestly don't mind Johnny dying it's just the fact that he went out like he did a shell of himself. Which brings the question if Johnny is so weak now how is that making Trevor look good at all? You killed a meth head congrats Trevor you are seriously bad ass. It's just disappointing that's how R* treats their characters. There's almost no point in playing their stories if they will completely ignore their character growth in the next installment. Just my opinion of course I'm happy for those who can over look this.

I thought it was a good way of showcasing Trevor's level. If it had been some nobody or a weak character from a previous game, people would have been like "yeah yeah, another nutcase" , but having his superiority over a character the players are used to seeing as strong and a leader really brought Trevor's stature to the fore.

See My Post Above ^^^

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

Exactly how I feel, I honestly don't mind Johnny dying it's just the fact that he went out like he did a shell of himself. Which brings the question if Johnny is so weak now how is that making Trevor look good at all? You killed a meth head congrats Trevor you are seriously bad ass. It's just disappointing that's how R* treats their characters. There's almost no point in playing their stories if they will completely ignore their character growth in the next installment. Just my opinion of course I'm happy for those who can over look this.

See My Post Above ^^^

(I'll ry to explain my POV without spoilers)

To me it made sense, not that he was a shell of the man he was before, but his addiction had overcome him.
At first Johnny was as we'd expect, angry confrontational and determined to get revenge for what Trevor did, but before Trevor did anything to him, it was Johnny's reasliation that Trevor had a hold over him - not because of strength or psychological reasons, but because he relied on what Trevor provided him with. 

He cared about that more than what just happened, and realised that before backtracking - at which point Trevor took advantage. 

A good story can be interpreted many ways, and like you said, I can understand the people who feel pissed over the setpiece.

differenz
  • differenz

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

I read all your opinions and I completely understand how you would dislike the idea of Trevor killing him but from a dramatic point of view, it was really unexpected.

Spoiler

LordWieslaw
  • LordWieslaw

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:27 PM Edited by LordWieslaw, 18 September 2013 - 04:27 PM.

But Trevor destroys the whole gang of Lost MC, so there is no longer followed by motorcycle gangs. It is not real and the game kind of modeled after California, heh.

differenz
  • differenz

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

Except he wasn't in

Spoiler

As to your second part that's the exact reason I don't like it, feels so forced. 

Spoiler

Forced or not, it's the storyline they gave us, and I like it, the big shootout or something like that would feel forced and.. already seen before.

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

Except he wasn't in

Spoiler

Spoiler

Forced or not, it's the storyline they gave us, and I like it, the big shootout or something like that would feel forced and.. already seen before.

Except he wasn't in

Spoiler

Spoiler

What ever I'm tired of discussing it. I hope next game they say Niko committed suicide, Luis Married Gay Tony, Michael had a heart attack, Trevor got aids, and Franklin was sent to prison for dog fighting. Cause you know as long as time passes it doesn't matter what happens in the game. I'm happy you enjoy what they did, but I'm not and just throwing out time passed he changed isn't going to help. I also don't get how a shoot out with a new protag and an old protag (never been done) would feel any more forced then what we got nor has it been seen before in a GTA. 

differenz
  • differenz

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

What ever I'm tired of discussing it. I hope next game they say Niko committed suicide, Luis Married Gay Tony, Michael had a heart attack, Trevor got aids, and Franklin was sent to prison for dog fighting. Cause you know as long as time passes it doesn't matter what happens in the game. I'm happy you enjoy what they did, but I'm not and just throwing out time passed he changed isn't going to help. I also don't get how a shoot out with a new protag and an old protag (never been done) would feel any more forced then what we got nor has it been seen before in a GTA. 

Well it's easy as this.. since it's a game, you just play with what they give you.. and it's a really good layered story in GTA V so far as I've seen. I've been playing GTA since 1997. and love the franchise, every time they give you the story and I go with it because it's their vision. Since you can't change anything, you can go on and talk how BAD it was... if it's so bad... dude don't play it. Simple as that. You got to remember you are playing their vision of this GTA universe, like it or not. I'm enjoying myself with the game and I'm definitely not bitching about every single thing I don't like or find fancy.

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

Well it's easy as this.. since it's a game, you just play with what they give you.. and it's a really good layered story in GTA V so far as I've seen. I've been playing GTA since 1997. and love the franchise, every time they give you the story and I go with it because it's their vision. Since you can't change anything, you can go on and talk how BAD it was... if it's so bad... dude don't play it. Simple as that. You got to remember you are playing their vision of this GTA universe, like it or not. I'm enjoying myself with the game and I'm definitely not bitching about every single thing I don't like or find fancy.

No sh*t. I never said I could change it, but I am on a forum so I'm gonna discuss why I thought it was stupid if you don't like it don't read it. I've been playing since III and this is the first time I thought they ever did a character wrong. So yes I will express that, but again I'm glad you're enjoying yourself but thank you for lumping me into the whining crowd just because I don't put R* on a pedestal. I will play the game I bought it and this won't stop me from enjoying it, but it is a disappointment.    

differenz
  • differenz

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

No sh*t. I never said I could change it, but I am on a forum so I'm gonna discuss why I thought it was stupid if you don't like it don't read it. I've been playing since III and this is the first time I thought they ever did a character wrong. So yes I will express that, but again I'm glad you're enjoying yourself but thank you for lumping me into the whining crowd just because I don't put R* on a pedestal. I will play the game I bought it and this won't stop me from enjoying it, but it is a disappointment.    

Nah' man I didn't mean to put you among the whining crowd, no hard feelings. There's plenty more stuff we could discuss about GTA V. This thing with Trevor and J is just a bit. :) Truce!

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

Nah' man I didn't mean to put you among the whining crowd, no hard feelings. There's plenty more stuff we could discuss about GTA V. This thing with Trevor and J is just a bit. :) Truce!

Truce.  :inlove:

• differenz likes this

Gouki_22
  • Gouki_22

90s kid

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

it's like having spongebob curb stomp bugs bunny ,

it just does not work that way.

hierbamala
  • hierbamala

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

Don't worry guys he respawned somewhere in liberty city

ONEkingscar
  • ONEkingscar

The stealth toker

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

They should have had Johnny go out guns blazing at least,he definetly wasn't no bitch in TLAD.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users