Photo

I wish there was more to do besides story missions :/

22 replies to this topic
GTAIsMyLove
  • GTAIsMyLove

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

im afraid Im doing the story real fast, already finished my first heist in less than 3 hours of playing...

i dont want to rush it but there is not much else to do :(

i tried tennis but im not a fan of that sport... i tried getting haircuts and buying clothes but that doesn't take long...

now you guys might say.. why aren't you exploring? i tried going to the country side but got bored... what is there to do except drive and get chased by cops.. and driving is no longer fun imo, neither is crashing.. it just doesn't have that magic...

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

I though you were banned.

• NADOLNY likes this

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

Then why did you buy the game?

It was expected to be like this, It always been like this since previous GTAs, yet people still play them.

GTAIsMyLove
  • GTAIsMyLove

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:05 PM Edited by GTAIsMyLove, 18 September 2013 - 02:05 PM.

Then why did you buy the game?

It was expected to be like this, It always been like this since previous GTAs, yet people still play them.

previous gtas were fun to explore and fool around... i cant explain why this game doesn't have that magic bro

• Skaytful likes this

Shox
  • Shox

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

I've only done the first heist and been playing for 10+ hours.

GTAFan0913
  • GTAFan0913

Trick

• Members

I HAVE to know how you managed to do that in 3 hours. I just did it and I've been playing for like 15. Also if you're having trouble finding something to do you must have loathed GTA IV.

line of chop
  • line of chop

Mack Pimp

• Members

Wait for GTA ONLINE, it will blow you away you fa**ot.

DobertReniro
  • DobertReniro

Pudding Pop.

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

I played for around 5 hours yesterday and i'm still prepping for the first heist + I haven't event discovered Blaine County + I haven't even been in a shootout with the cops yet. Trust me, there's enough to do.

Chocolate88
  • Chocolate88

warsaw

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

Just finished the first heist and I've already logged 8+ hours. Just messing around entertains me a lot of the time. Try having an imagination, too.

jpalmer2004
  • jpalmer2004

Stop being an idiot!

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

Does everybody have ADHD or something?

I've played for 4 hours and just unlocked Micheal.

This game has the Magic. I sat with Micheal in his house for an hour. All I did was drink and smoke his cigar. Then I went to the pier and rode the coaster.

Maybe you people don't appreciate the beauty. f*cking stop for a second..and......oh...Whats the point? 

You won't appreciate this game if i explained it to you anyway.......

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

Wait for GTA ONLINE, it will blow you away you fa**ot.

That's uncalled for.

OP, he's right though.

Grimezy
  • Grimezy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

Does everybody have ADHD or something?

I've played for 4 hours and just unlocked Micheal.

This game has the Magic. I sat with Micheal in his house for an hour. All I did was drink and smoke his cigar. Then I went to the pier and rode the coaster.

Maybe you people don't appreciate the beauty. f*cking stop for a second..and......oh...Whats the point? 

You won't appreciate this game if i explained it to you anyway.......

Personally I think the game is alright but REALLY?! You wasted an hour doing that?! Seriously c'mon man, is that really the unique selling point of GTA V? Being able to sit on a couch and drink? I can do that in real life if I want!

I genuinely came onto this post because I sort of agree with the OP. I've only played a couple of hours and although I think it's a decent game I don't think it's mindblowing. All the stuff you just described is what people can do in real life if they want to... 

There's no point in slating the OP though, he asked a genuine question. Where is all the good stuff in free roam? I wanna fly and cycle and scuba, not sit on a couch drinking pixel whiskey.

Lisha
  • Lisha

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

Go to the strip clubs. Dat ass.

Seriousy lol, I took Michael there after he argued with his wife and

Spoiler

phipfwe76
  • phipfwe76

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

im afraid Im doing the story real fast, already finished my first heist in less than 3 hours of playing...

i dont want to rush it but there is not much else to do :(

i tried tennis but im not a fan of that sport... i tried getting haircuts and buying clothes but that doesn't take long...

now you guys might say.. why aren't you exploring? i tried going to the country side but got bored... what is there to do except drive and get chased by cops.. and driving is no longer fun imo, neither is crashing.. it just doesn't have that magic...

Golf?

Movies? I think the theater actually has at least 3 different ones.

Mountain biking? 

Plane races?

Shooting range?

natsamson
  • natsamson

PlayStation Gamer

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

Im taking it slow, playing it for hours everyday and hoping to finish it by the time GTA Online comes out. I have to admit GTA Online is the thing I am waiting for, but the story is also a big part for me to.

FutoDriver
  • FutoDriver

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:37 PM Edited by FutoDriver, 18 September 2013 - 02:41 PM.

I've played it all morning I've done about 4 missions total (I'm determined to get gold on all with no guide). I spent most of my morning walking the streets, got involved in some random events and took in a movie.

I laughed so hard when the movie turned out to be something I doubt Franklin would watch, but hey the ticket cost $17! I ain't walking after paying that. :colgate:

Shox
  • Shox

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

On the "to do" list this evening are:
1 triathlon
2 diving
3 golfing
4 more flying
5 a few rampages
6 going to attack the military
7 general exploring
8 a few side missions
9 a hooker
10 a few main missions.

davetopper
  • davetopper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:38 AM

I don't know what these kids are going on about. This game puts a smile on my face. And the further into it you go the more open it becomes. Like 24/7's open so you can rob them. Something to look forward to. And it seems the Blaine County Sheriff's look down on robbing 24/7s and r e a l l y take it quite personally.  

And this escalated quickly. And LAUGH, I haven't laughed so hard in a long a$$ time. What happened was I was driving up HW 1 in Blaine County and a lady had her car stolen, so I chased it down, the driver shot at me so I killed him. Someone called the cops, on the way back to her members of the Lost MC were heading out of a diner, they didn't take kindly to me running one of them over so they shot at me. More cops came. And my good deed turn into a four star cluster cuss until the cops rammed me off a bridge. 

Fun times, fun times indeed. 

Seriousman
  • Seriousman

Anti-ReligionMan

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:41 AM

I've only done the first heist and been playing for 10+ hours.

Same here except I haven't even gotten to the firsts heist yet lol

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

The Libertonian grandmaster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

Try completing tasks for strangers and freaks as they open up things like racing, hunting, bounties etc.

Although I've completed about 22% and played for 11 hours it feels like I've only scratched the surface. I haven't really explored properly yet.

Malndor
  • Malndor

!?

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:02 AM

previous gtas were fun to explore and fool around... i cant explain why this game doesn't have that magic bro

Same reason Skyrim doesn't have the magic. Over hyped by the developers but under delivered.

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:07 AM

I am on the preparation for the first heist and I have been playing about 10 hours. Use your imagination, there is plenty to do. 

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:11 AM

You have to use your imagination.

Put a sticky bomb on a bus with passengers and pretend you can't go below 50 without it detonating.

Test crash cars against the train.

Pretend your jet has had an engine failure and you have to do an emergency landing in the water.

Get up mountain chilliad with a non off-road vehicle.

Break off the wing of an aircraft and try surviving.

Take a boat out and see how far you can go before you can't see Los santos.

Explore the god damn city.

Go on a vehicle rampage down the beach.

Land a plane without landing gear.

And you're f*cking saying there's nothing to do besides story?
Gtfo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users