» «
Photo

Tip: For people who want to rob stores

15 replies to this topic
CM_Kimmy
  • CM_Kimmy

U WOT M8?

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:03 PM Edited by CM_Kimmy, 18 September 2013 - 02:58 PM.

If you're like me and like robbing stores for extra cash you may notice that when you're playing as certain characters, certain stores are unavailble to rob. When i first discovered this i thought they (Rockstar) had locked all the stores until further mission progress, or until the online came about. 

When you're in the city, you need to play as Frankin or Micahel to rob stores. Robbing stores as Trevor doesn't work. You can only rob stores in the country as Trevor aswell.

Michael + Franklin - City robberies

Trevor - Country robberies

When online, you should be able to rob all 20 stores with your little character. 

Here is a couple more tips people. 

1- When you rob a store a clerk might say to you he doesn't want to give you any money. And he'll refuse to give any and open the till. Now, you can do two things

- Kill him and open the register yourself

or 

- Shoot something in the store like a row of chips and then he'll get spooked and open the register. 

2- If you're in a rush and want the cash quick, whilst holding up the clerk, shoot something nearby like something on the desk and he'll speed up putting money in the bag. 

Anthony Soprano
  • Anthony Soprano

" Bada Bing Bada Boom "

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

Where are the stores, they don't show as icons on the map, thanks

CM_Kimmy
  • CM_Kimmy

U WOT M8?

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

Take a look here - http://i.imgur.com/9TJqlbt.jpg

The stores are the shopping cart icons. 

• Cosmic Gypsy and Anthony Soprano like this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

Cheers for that map Kimmy, i for one think there is a serious lack of stores to rob, and the fact that each store is a gas station is also stupid. 

I was playing as Micheal and the gas station clerk didn't spawn so i couldn't rob the place, I've entered a gas station with Trevor before though and the clerk was there, i just didn't rob the place. 

Robbing with Franklin is all good though.

Anthony Soprano
  • Anthony Soprano

" Bada Bing Bada Boom "

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

Take a look here - http://i.imgur.com/9TJqlbt.jpg

The stores are the shopping cart icons. 

Thanks

TheSoup
  • TheSoup

Welsh Wizard

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

Thanks for the tip :barf:

CM_Kimmy
  • CM_Kimmy

U WOT M8?

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

Cheers for that map Kimmy, i for one think there is a serious lack of stores to rob, and the fact that each store is a gas station is also stupid. 

I was playing as Micheal and the gas station clerk didn't spawn so i couldn't rob the place, I've entered a gas station with Trevor before though and the clerk was there, i just didn't rob the place. 

Take a look at that map i posted. All the stores aren't gas stations. Some a little shops

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

Take a look at that map i posted. All the stores aren't gas stations. Some a little shops

Oh, wait. You mean every icon on that map is a shop i can rob? That's cool, i didn't think i was able to rob clothes shops or ammunations. 

Vexikuri
  • Vexikuri

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

Ok, call me stupid, but none of the icons look like shopping carts.  Are they the ones that look like buildings?

• Anthony Soprano likes this

CM_Kimmy
  • CM_Kimmy

U WOT M8?

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

Here is a couple more tips people. 

1- When you rob a store a clerk might say to you he doesn't want to give you any money. And he'll refuse to give any and open the till. Now, you can do two things

- Kill him and open the register yourself

or 

- Shoot something in the store like a row of chips and then he'll get spooked and open the register. 

2- If you're in a rush and want the cash quick, whilst holding up the clerk, shoot something nearby like something on the desk and he'll speed up putting money in the bag. 

• Anthony Soprano likes this

CM_Kimmy
  • CM_Kimmy

U WOT M8?

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

Ok, call me stupid, but none of the icons look like shopping carts.  Are they the ones that look like buildings?

Yeh the ones which look like temples

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

How would robbing an Ammunation be possible? I can't remember seeing a cash register in any of the Ammunations, plus surely he'll just get out a gun and shoot me like the old school GTA's?

CM_Kimmy
  • CM_Kimmy

U WOT M8?

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

How would robbing an Ammunation be possible? I can't remember seeing a cash register in any of the Ammunations, plus surely he'll just get out a gun and shoot me like the old school GTA's?

You don't rob ammunation or clothing stores. Just the stores marked with a temple/cart symbol. You can rob ammunation but not in the same way you rob other stores. To rob ammunation you have to kill the guy inside and then shoot open the register. Robbing other stores is a lot easier though and feels more rewarding. Just my opinion. 

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

You don't rob ammunation or clothing stores. Just the stores marked with a temple/cart symbol. You can rob ammunation but not in the same way you rob other stores. To rob ammunation you have to kill the guy inside and then shoot open the register. Robbing other stores is a lot easier though and feels more rewarding. Just my opinion. 

Oh right, i thought you were saying every symbol on that map was a robbable shop, shame. I've only seen gas stations that are robbable, but i'm marking any shop i can rob as a point of interest on my map, I've had to find them myself which is boring to say the least, now i don't, cheers.

human_nature42
  • human_nature42

Who'z To Know?

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

Why don't they have icons in the game? I don't see any.

CM_Kimmy
  • CM_Kimmy

U WOT M8?

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

They aren't in the game. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users