Help... STUPID MISTAKE! **First Heist SPOILER ALERT**

33 replies to this topic
IOA_Sam
  • IOA_Sam

Los Santos Entrepreneur

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

Hello.

So during the first heist, I picked a weaker gunman as I was going in quiet and wanted a bigger cut for myself.

Predictably, he falls off and drops his loot ($1,400,000). I assumed at the time that this was scripted and I couldn't turn around to pick it up. As a result Michael only came away with $150,000 when I am hearing others got around $800,000!

Since then I have saved it numerous times and done about 6 missions. Is there any way I can go back to the tunnels and pick up his share that was dropped? I fear not.

- How much of a difference does that loss of $650,000 matter in the grand scheme of the game? Do you get just as much for the other heists?

I think I might have to start again... If so, does anyone know if my rock star social club ID will work still?

Thank you :)

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

Franklin picks it up or someone else sometimes. Im not sure what it depends on. Just start again and pick always best people, you still get 3x more money than others.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

Same thing happened to me... need an answer too please :)

Hoping we can just hit the replay mission button or something

IOA_Sam
  • IOA_Sam

Los Santos Entrepreneur

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:39 PM

I'm sure Franklin didn't pick it up! I think I will have to start again. Dammit...

Meow Meow
  • Meow Meow

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

Lol the same thing happened to me! From now on I will only pick thee best people for the job. And really don't worry about that first heist too much. There's still loads more ways to make money and not to mention more and bigger heists to do. That first heist is chump change, learn from it and move on I say.

TonyZimmzy
  • TonyZimmzy

The Bearded Child

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

I'm sorry, I couldn't help but laugh at this. It was the line "Predictably, he falls off" :D what, from the bike? Haha... classic.

IOA_Sam
  • IOA_Sam

Los Santos Entrepreneur

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

I'm sorry, I couldn't help but laugh at this. It was the line "Predictably, he falls off" :D what, from the bike? Haha... classic.

Haha. Yes... The bastard lost balance and wiped out right in front of me. You would have thought he would have been careful as he was carrying $1,400,000 worth of jewellery.

FML.

On a serious note - please help if you can... If not I'm starting again :p

GTAFan0913
  • GTAFan0913

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

Same happened to me but I hopped off my bike as Franklin and grabbed it. I wasn't leaving that cash behind.

ceIozzip
  • ceIozzip

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

there's nothing to help you with, it's over. don't bother starting again you don't need lots of money to play the game, you'll just have to be careful who you pick next time. mission replay is just for fun it doesn't change what happened the first time. i used the cheap lifeinvader hacker and everyone else had good skills, went okay but the alarm went off and he gave me a countdown and i got out of there, i don't know how it is with a skilled hacker though.

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

lol, noobz thinking it was script, don't you know that GTA missions can turn out in severall different ways? :p

Anyway, my gunman died. I picked the money with Franklin (because i didn't assume that sh*t was scripted) and i got about 650k with Michael and 240K with frank. The getaway driver got 850k and i can't remember about the hacker but it was about the same thing Michael got, i think. The job got like 4,5 million profit, but 2,5 milion was for that other mexican mob douche for the reasons you know...

My guess is that you can't get that money back...

Borss
  • Borss

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

Franklin picked it up for me too. Homie has my back.
  • BlueSmiley likes this

J Hater
  • J Hater

Crows

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

In my mission when the guy fell i was behind him a couple of meters and i instantly activated Franklin's special ability and i picked up the money while driving :)

• Jimmy Darmody likes this

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

I picked the lousy gunman too. As I decided to go the quiet way, I thought "why the hell do I need an expensive gunman?". And sure enough, he crashed. In the heat of the moment I didn't think about the cash. But after the mission Franklin told me he picked it up, so that was a relief. 

I guess you should either pick expensive people, or pick crappy ones but make sure to collect their share when they kick the bucket.

Enterprise
  • Enterprise

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

lol i was driving as franklin and picked it up myself so yeah i got 800k as michael too and ~250k as frank

IOA_Sam
  • IOA_Sam

Los Santos Entrepreneur

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

f*ck it. All you guys telling me you got 800k :( I'm starting again!

alexzub
  • alexzub

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

when he crashed i drove over the bag with frankiln and all was good

arnes_king
  • arnes_king

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

i've just picked up the money with franklin, i choosed all the cheapest crew people and still got 4.6 M, michael is left with about 1 M after paying everything (including the house which was 2.5m)

simstar29
  • simstar29

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:40 PM Edited by simstar29, 18 September 2013 - 02:40 PM.

Im two away from this heist, hope i dont do **** I Picked all 3 good crew members. No naff. Only experienced.

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

I did the heist the smart way and Michael came away with 945,000!

Hank Beist
  • Hank Beist

beepboopbop

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

awesome awesome, this game is too awesome.

I chose the smart way, with the most expensive driver(? i think, i thought franklin was the 'driver' but we all ended up on individual bikes),

cheapest gunman, and most expensive hacker.

I think the most expensive hacker yielded a huge timeframe within the store to get all the jewels, and before you know it we were all loaded with 4.5 million. then we leave on the bikes and run from the cops.

the cheapest gunman i hired crashed right before the tunnel entrance off the highway, but i simply rode over it as frankin, not knowing what the f*ck was going on frantically, and he automatically picked the back up for me! yeah boy.

in the end I only earned 700k for michael! Maybe I should stick to the cheaper people, you guys were making way more than that!

Ragtop
  • Ragtop

Gangsta, Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:48 PM Edited by Ragtop, 18 September 2013 - 03:49 PM.

You don't have to hop off the bike to grab the dudes share that fell, just drive over it.  Worked for me.

Also, if you want more money in the long haul with success, invest in the cheaper crew. They level up quite fast, and their share does not go up with their skill.

Levesque7
  • Levesque7

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:00 PM Edited by Levesque7, 18 September 2013 - 04:00 PM.

I completed this heist, and Franklin picked up the loot, but neither Michael or Franklin has any more money. Michael has $5,000 to his name, and Franklin has like $3,000.

I also haven't gotten word back that Lester was able to sell the diamonds, so I'm assuming that's why, but I've played several other missions since, (I'm now Trevor) and still didn't get the cake.

I'll just be patient I suppose.

creepsley
  • creepsley

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

Franklin was a good boy and picked it up. Im not complaining, as im guessing theres now 1 less to share with XD

But how long will they need to lay low? Wanna play michael again...

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

Exact same thing happened to me and it has far reaching implications. Im f*ckin strapped for cash now at 50% into the story and still no other major heists to make any decent coin. Pretty annoyed to say the least.

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

There is a guide here on the forums on what to do and how to do it...Youre going to make serious cash in the Stock Market with this guide...

Rockstar for some genius reason made it so you HAD to invest money to make serious money regardless of heists yet failed to make it very evident how to do it or when and where.

The times they do mention it....its after youve started a mission and makes it extremely hard to invest as all three characters.

ManOfDisguise
  • ManOfDisguise

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

I wouldnt worry about it. The heist that will come later on will give you a lot of money and will more than make up for it

Vexikuri
  • Vexikuri

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

Yea.  I started over.  the first time I did the heist I hired good crew members and got paid pretty well.  The second time around I hired crappy crew members and the cuts turn out to be just horrible.

meowstache
  • meowstache

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

same thing happened to me. Dude fell off the bike at the tunnel entrance. Michael ended up with 230k. Just dont go cheap next time.

Harold Blair
  • Harold Blair

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

I picked it up with franklin, well to be honest I braked picked it up and then failed but the checkpoint started me in the tunnel with it. I don't get why I have to pay 200,000 because the dick died- I doubt his family would want his blood money

KaptainMyke
  • KaptainMyke

^^ PSN ^^

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:57 PM Edited by KaptainMyke, 28 September 2013 - 04:58 PM.

I started over the 2nd time.... this time chose cheap crew members.  I was riding as franklin when the gunman wipes out and drops money bag.  You have to drive over the crashed bike and you will pickup dropped money bag.  $900K to Michael, $200k to each other crew member.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users