Photo

Bad Textures

84 replies to this topic
RatNet
  • RatNet

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

For me, game is unplayable during the daylight cause of badass lags, during the night the game is a bit more playable not that much lag

NSanityHD
  • NSanityHD

Hello everyone! Name name is Kyle.

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

That's strange then..

COOKIEMONSTA96
  • COOKIEMONSTA96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

I have the same problem, on my 27" LCD tv with hdmi 1080p... the night sky looks horrible with loads of little dots and a blue-ish like smudge, and the cars at night look like they have been coloured with crappy crayons,

I can understand that it is a new game, and of course its gonna be full of bugs, But, when rockstar was going to release the game in march, they realised that the windows werent see through, surely they would of noticed the night bug while the game was still going through production

Sort it out rockstar, you can obviously tell that this bug is causing some sort of up roar

purplebunny
  • purplebunny

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

"snip"

There's obviously nothing wrong with this absolutely perfect best game of all time. Users that went out and bought the PS3 GTAV bundle are lying. The only issue is on older model Xboxes as they simply can't stand the power of this truly awesome software. If you have a new Slim Xbox with the same issues, you're also a liar. :panic:

AlienWillHeMonsta
  • AlienWillHeMonsta

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

"snip"

There's obviously nothing wrong with this absolutely perfect best game of all time. Users that went out and bought the PS3 GTAV bundle are lying. The only issue is on older model Xboxes as they simply can't stand the power of this truly awesome software. If you have a new Slim Xbox with the same issues, you're also a liar. :panic:

Liar? Sorry but nope.

I have an Xbox 360 slim and have exactly the same problems as everyone else. It wasn't noticable playing the first time round, but second time round you cant help but notice the oily effect with dark colored objects - and it seems to be getting worse. If its a hardware issue then why didn't I notice this the first time I played the game?

kmk978
  • kmk978

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

"snip"

I have a slim xbox thats only 2 years old and I'm having these problems. 

purplebunny
  • purplebunny

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

"snip"

Bad joke, sorry. I'm tired of being told this game only has problems running on "older" consoles, older 360s specifically, when simply looking/searching the threads on this very forum show all consoles are having very similar problems running this game.

COOKIEMONSTA96
  • COOKIEMONSTA96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

I do have the slim, 240gb version, but they have still been out since ps3, they are both as old as one antother, but overall the game is 'perfect', but the textures at night time just dont seem to be as good

It surely shouldnt be that hard though to fix it

NSanityHD
  • NSanityHD

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:55 AM

Not sure which console version I have. As far as I know it's the Xbox 360 Elite white version.

COOKIEMONSTA96
  • COOKIEMONSTA96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

*MUST READ*

EVERYONE!!!! I may have found a fix to this problem!!!!

I dont know if it goes away, but it definatley hides the pixlelation..
This may look crappy at first, but once you get used to it, it makes this game seem like real life visuals!!

What yiu want to to is, go on your TV 'PICTURE' menu and do the following:
Contrast = 60
Brightness = 30
Sharpness = 5
Colour = 63
Turn film mode on and game mode off
Then you want to go to your 'FEATURE' menu and do the following:
Backlight = maximum or medium, which ever suits you best.
Now go to the game display menu on gta v, and put the brightness three quarters the way full.
Now test your visuals and spread the word :)

NSanityHD
  • NSanityHD

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

CookieMonsta, I don't have a "TV" ....if you actually read my posts as well as everyone else' I explained I use my PC monitor for my Xbox using a HDMI input connected to a HDMI switch.

COOKIEMONSTA96
  • COOKIEMONSTA96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

Just trying to help mate, surely there should be a display setting on a monitor though?

COOKIEMONSTA96
  • COOKIEMONSTA96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:12 PM Edited by COOKIEMONSTA96, 13 October 2013 - 06:13 PM.

Yes moniters do actualy have display settings quite similar to the ones I have on my tv, they have the menu buttons on them... so just go through the instructions have given everyone but on the moniter, it should give the same results

GTA-Bobski
  • GTA-Bobski

Freeroamer

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:42 AM

CookieMonsta, I don't have a "TV" ....if you actually read my posts as well as everyone else' I explained I use my PC monitor for my Xbox using a HDMI input connected to a HDMI switch.

I posted this yesterday in another topic,

It shows the best HDMI settings on a X360. Worth a try if you can't fix it otherwise.
  • COOKIEMONSTA96 likes this

COOKIEMONSTA96
  • COOKIEMONSTA96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

Oh right, I just read through it, they are quite similar, but reading your setup, you have more advanced options for your tv. Do you have a proper high end 3d tv or moniter?
Mine is just a standar 27" lcd tv and doesnt support 3d

GTA-Bobski
  • GTA-Bobski

Freeroamer

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

No, it's just a 1920x1080 monitor/TV with HDMI, DVI and VGA.

NSanityHD
  • NSanityHD

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

My settings are exactly what is shown in your screenshots, except just 1080. My monitor is weird with 1080i for some reason.

rimbaud
  • rimbaud

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:04 PM Edited by rimbaud, 18 October 2013 - 11:16 PM.

Has anyone got any idea yet on these "oily" textures!? They are driving me batsh*t crazy to the point I can't bear to play this game anymore, I'm too fixated on this problem. It's such a beautiful game but this problem completely ruins the experience. 

It has got nothing to do with TV settings, I tested the game on 4 tv's yesterday, all HD, a 42 inch, two 32 inch tvs and a 22 inch. None of them fixed the problem. I sat there all day adjusting contract, brightness, colour, sharpness, changing from warm tones to cool tones, adjusting noise reduction. All of these settings on all of the tvs had ZERO affect on the textures.  

You can actually see the oliy textures loading as you get closer or move away from objects. From one angle it's fine and clean, from another angle it looks like the texture fails to load. I don't know the technical way to express this problem, I just know what I see.

6zk2ZWT.jpg

http://imgur.com/3ngH8Hp

http://imgur.com/NJiIgzi
http://imgur.com/f10BMZA

http://imgur.com/IxrscOI

NSanityHD
  • NSanityHD

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

Yet R* insist on blaming our consoles, instead of their production as if to say they've never made a mistake in any game what-so-ever. :L It can't be our consoles...I purchased the latest/newest Xbox 360 to date, and still have the texture issue.

rimbaud
  • rimbaud

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:46 PM Edited by rimbaud, 18 October 2013 - 11:46 PM.

Yet R* insist on blaming our consoles, instead of their production as if to say they've never made a mistake in any game what-so-ever. :L It can't be our consoles...I purchased the latest/newest Xbox 360 to date, and still have the texture issue.

Yeah. I just wish they would acknowledge the problem here.

Has it been confirmed that this is an Xbox only problem? Could a few ps3 players just help us narrow this down and check if their black/night textures are screwed up like this? If it is just the xbox I feel like getting a PS3 on the cheap, I haven't been playing GTA for nearly 15 years to stop now. And I want to play TLOU anyway...

But I would rather not have to, you know? I shouldn't have to...

• NSanityHD likes this

GTA-Bobski
  • GTA-Bobski

Freeroamer

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:08 AM

I can reproduce these 'ugly textures' on my X360 when I change the display reference levels from  intermediate to standard when the console is connected with a VGA cable to a 1920x1080 monitor. While if I use HDMI the right reference setting is.. standard. And it's only visible at night on dark textures, in daylight everything looks normal.

The first time I had this problem was with RDR. It took me a while to figure out it was caused by the reference levels because other games and movies looked fine.

I guess the reference levels need a different setting for each type of connection, i.e. VGA, HDMI or composite video, and depending on what screen you use, i.e. monitor or HDTV.  

So my best advice would be to try different reference levels and see if it helps. If it doesn't then I have no idea what the problem is. Although I'm pretty sure it isn't GTA V.
  • rimbaud likes this

NSanityHD
  • NSanityHD

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:30 AM

I'm using my BenQ G2420HD HDMI monitor for my Xbox and PC, my Xbox settings are all at the best settings, not sure about my monitor though. :/

20131019_052354.jpg

20131019_052427.jpg

20131019_052520.jpg

20131019_052555.jpg

GTA-Bobski
  • GTA-Bobski

Freeroamer

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

I googled "X360 + BenQ G2420HD" and found several topics where people had the same problems with this monitor and eventually used a VGA cable to fix it :/

Magnet_man16
  • Magnet_man16

C# Programmer

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

Its due to the 16-bit color that the Xbox uses. Oily textures wont exist on next gen as the colour bit increases. Just something we will have to put up with. Nothing we or they can do.

Xbox 360 = 24Bit

PS3 = 48Bit

But i still prefer Xbox. They basically hit a hardware problem, which they cant avoid at the end of a generation. Am i the only one who feels the developers have pushed the consoles as hard as they can now and its time to move on?

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

Same issue here. I can't believe the 360 version looks worse than the PS3 one, especially with the oily textures. And can't forget blurry ground textures too. They need to patch this in an update so that it will look the same as PS3, but I seen that PS3 version has white lines everywhere, very noticeable like on roads, mountains, etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users