Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why are people defending the lack of car damage ?

48 replies to this topic
Tomson21
  • Tomson21

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:14 PM

Peeps are defending this sh*tty physics adn damage, cause they are CASUALS. They couldn't learn how to drive in IV - they were crashing all the time devastating their cars, cause the have 2 left hands and they can't handle simple game. so there ya go - rockstar change brilliant driving and damage from IV to this crap. Cars are now like f*ckin tanks, so kids could drive over every lightpost, lamp, buckets, other cars, and they won't cry, taht they don't have enough skills to drive and keep their cars in one piece.

• gunziness likes this

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

Hmmm I've had vehicles that were practically underivable due to the damage. Its not as obvious as IV but it is there. Iv's damage is a bit exagerated.

lifeofmusic468
  • lifeofmusic468

GTA V

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:28 PM

Not a fanboy, but honestly, the damage seems fine.

Macabro
  • Macabro

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

IDK, The damage looks fine to me. In GTA IV, bumpers would fall of from a little love tap.

That's not very realistic either.

Redwood Cigarettes
  • Redwood Cigarettes

The R★ Games Collector.

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

LOL I think half of these people complaining about damage haven't actually played the game or something.

I've currently played over 20 hours and can't count the number of times I have completely wrecked a vehicle in a new realistic way. Car parts fall off a lot more realistically that IV.

I have seen amazing random pedestrian crashes on the highways and backroads. I have been in car accidents that have instantly killed me. The damage on this game is so good in my opinion.

If you choose to armor plate your car then it's going to be more reinforced.. There are like 5 levels of armor reinforcement!

evilclive
  • evilclive

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

The car damage is actually better in V, i dont understand these threads. I have seen tires flying off pedestrian cars ive crashed into once. I have seen a car get hit by a train and it gets so deformed that it isnt even drive-able anymore cause the front is almost in the front seat its so smashed in. 

I saw a gif of a bulldozer flipping a cop car and then running it over, the car looked just like it would in real life( all windows broken, crushed frame, wheels and doors gone etc.)

Im starting to wonder if the people complaining about car damage have even played the game for more than 5 mins wtf.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

Because there is no lack of damage. I have seen cars become totaled and complete undrivable. I swear people saw the one video where somebody happened to hit the wall at an angle that didn't cause most damage and they ran with it whole completely ignoring reality.

JocGTAV
  • JocGTAV

The 1%

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

Maybe you guys should fund and produce a car crash simulator.

Then you could jack off to your precious realistic damage.

why are you so against people wanting better damage?

LaughingDingo
  • LaughingDingo

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

Car damage varies from car to car. Some of the more solidly built cars are extremely hard to damage because they're more metal while most of the faster/sport type cars damage easily since they are made from lighter materials. I thought it was downgraded at first but after playing the game and understanding how it works, I love it way more than IVs damage model (which was too sensitive).

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

Maybe you guys should fund and produce a car crash simulator.

Then you could jack off to your precious realistic damage.

why are you so against people wanting better damage?

Fanboys can't say a bad thing about their lovely game.

hexagramme
  • hexagramme

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

I rolled a 4x4 twice down a small hill and both back doors broke off, all the windows smashed, the rear fender came off and the hood. Then when it stopped I noticed that the back left wheel was complete buckled the wrong way and the car would only go 20mph ish. That's detail. And that's a BIG suck my dick to you idiots.

You sir, speak the the truth! GOD these moronic whiners almost get the best of me sometimes... "Blah blah blah there's NOOO car damage at all, let's make a stupid petition, R* sucksz"

I'll say it again, moronic is what it is. There's plenty of car damage, and it looks beautiful.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

During the second mission where you race Lamar my car looked effed up by the time I reached the dealership. That is when I knew people were whining over nothing.

Shootaholic
  • Shootaholic

zzzz....

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

i like how the way you can dent your car by kicking it.

9GAG
  • 9GAG

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:37 PM Edited by 9GAG, 18 September 2013 - 04:39 PM.

Fanboyism. They can't stand that Rockstar f*cked up after years of following the game. The fact is that the damage is a utter failure, I hope Rockstar fix it but if they don't f*ck them, I'll fix it myself on PC.

Dude you are just bitching around from release day, we already know you are a pc gamer and mad but if you want realism so much go out and shoot someone or crash your car into a wall if you want so much "realism" damaging, now be quite and wait 3 month or more to fix the damaging and handling.

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

During the second mission where you race Lamar my car looked effed up by the time I reached the dealership. That is when I knew people were whining over nothing.

Its not the case of how your car will eventually end up looking like! The problem is that it takes serious effort to tell the difference in damage per single impact! Yes! I'm talking about those very moment when you get your car smashed into another for the first time and you're like "okay..." instead of "wow...this looks cool"...

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

Damage is better than ever.

canadiansbronco
  • canadiansbronco

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

You people are hilarious yes we know part  and wheels fall off but that's not what he is talking about....He is talking about the steel and metal denting and deforming...In gta IV if you take a cavalcade and Tbone another car the doors will cave in and the car will bent, the only way to acheive this in V is by bulldozer or train...That's what we mean when we say damage is a downgrade from IV.

I took a big rig and head on collision the mini cooper looking car and the only thing that happened is the hood poped up and the front bumber fell off....pretty dissapointing

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

I love the game, but I'm shocked every time I wreck at how the car just bounces off walls, etc. They definitely downgraded damage way too much.

poncratias
  • poncratias

a thread for threads

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

it's f*cked up.

hope they patch it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users