Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why are people defending the lack of car damage ?

48 replies to this topic
kspence92
  • kspence92

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

I know there are other posts on this but I need to make a point. Also I want to point out I love this game but one thing is bugging me : lack of damage.

GTA IV was fun as you could smash cars until they were practically flattened, crumpled wrecks. I would crash my car just because it was fun to do so.

Now you can speed at 60mph head on Into a truck and suffer paint scratches, broken windows and a loose bumper and maybe loose a wheel.

What happened to the huge amounts of
Destruction you could cause before? I know it's still there but you need to spend a good ten minutes crashing to achieve it.

Goodman88
  • Goodman88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

Cognitive dissonance. Some people have been looking forward to this game for years, expecting amazing things. When some things appeared to be less than optimal, they downgraded their desires ("there's not much damage, but thats not important" or "there's not much damage, but that's more realistically").

Haven't had the chance to play more than an hour but my first impression is really positive, yet there's no way around acknowledging that damage is less than optimal.

• HoleInTheSky, RyanBurnsRed and BFR579 like this

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

Fanboyism. They can't stand that Rockstar f*cked up after years of following the game. The fact is that the damage is a utter failure, I hope Rockstar fix it but if they don't f*ck them, I'll fix it myself on PC.

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

If R* fixed the damage do you think our framerate will tank? I suspect it would if we switched to IV's damage

jato4x4
  • jato4x4

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

The car damage is there, it's just different on different cars because you can get armor for your cars now. Plus all the different car models, each one is different, like real life.

Before I get the fanboy sh*t, I hate the motorcycle handling. But I have completely trashed some cars and trucks. S damage is there.

J Hater
  • J Hater

Crows

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

I like how it is now because i like to TUNE my cars and i don't want the to me smashed from every small collision. In IV the bumper would be smashed instantly even at low speeds.....i know what you are thinking but this is not real life ;)

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

Master Chief's Backseat Driver

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:58 PM

I don't defend it but I don't become a dick and begin spamming threads about the car damage system.

natsamson
  • natsamson

PlayStation Gamer

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

The game is ace, even if it does have a lack of "optimal" things we may have thought it would have, but it does not ruin the experience at all.

babaganush
  • babaganush

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

Honestly the game hasn't even been out long enough for you to be complaining about something so small. The car damage varies from car to car.

The modified cars being about to withstand much more punishment which I think is fair with the amount of money you put into them.

Also you can't tell me that the lack of damage i game breaking.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

Something between V and IV would be great..

seems like the wall eats more damage than the vehicle itself.

fwenshy
  • fwenshy

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

I rolled a 4x4 twice down a small hill and both back doors broke off, all the windows smashed, the rear fender came off and the hood. Then when it stopped I noticed that the back left wheel was complete buckled the wrong way and the car would only go 20mph ish. That's detail. And that's a BIG suck my dick to you idiots.
  • HoleInTheSky and SNEAKN80 like this

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

Honestly the game hasn't even been out long enough for you to be complaining about something so small. The car damage varies from car to car.

The modified cars being about to withstand much more punishment which I think is fair with the amount of money you put into them.

LACK OF DAMAGE IS GAME BREAKING!!!

OT: People defend it because they love to suck Rockstars cock. Also because they are degenerates
  • gunziness likes this

DobertReniro
  • DobertReniro

Pudding Pop.

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

The damage i'm experiencing is fine, When I bump into a car by accident, I would rather have my ride be realistically scratched or dented than have the whole f*cking hood fly away.

atix
  • atix

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

Lack of car damage?! For a few times now, I was driving fast, managed to one my car's wheels into a high curb, or a wall and it got stuck, making my driving almost...impossible due to the loss of speed and control!

It is amazing! 

In another situation, i wa sdriving extremely fast, another car appeared in front of me, i tried to dodge him but still hit him, making his back left wheel fly off his car!

Damage is here and more detailed than ever!

phipfwe76
  • phipfwe76

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:19 PM Edited by phipfwe76, 18 September 2013 - 02:20 PM.

I know there are other posts on this but I need to make a point. Also I want to point out I love this game but one thing is bugging me : lack of damage.

GTA IV was fun as you could smash cars until they were practically flattened, crumpled wrecks. I would crash my car just because it was fun to do so.

Now you can speed at 60mph head on Into a truck and suffer paint scratches, broken windows and a loose bumper and maybe loose a wheel.

Destruction you could cause before? I know it's still there but you need to spend a good ten minutes crashing to achieve it.

Losing a wheel seems like pretty significant damage to me.

J Hater
  • J Hater

Crows

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

OT: People defend it because they love to suck Rockstars cock. Also because they are degenerates

Why what you think is RIGHT and what other people think is WRONG? You cannot conceive that some people have other opinions? Think about it ;)

NothingPersonal
  • NothingPersonal

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:20 PM

I don't notice and don't care too much... What are you doing, staring at each inch of the car and appraising the damage as an insurer? 

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

The damage is not f*cked up, the system is a lot better and precise than in IV, just the cars are more resistant (they shouldn't be that resistant either)

JocGTAV
  • JocGTAV

The 1%

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

The car damage is there, it's just different on different cars because you can get armor for your cars now. Plus all the different car models, each one is different, like real life.
Before I get the fanboy sh*t, I hate the motorcycle handling. But I have completely trashed some cars and trucks. S damage is there.

The armor arguement is bullsh*t because every car is nearly indestructable. The damage is great but not until after youve crashed the same car over 10 times. Why does everyone make excuses? Lol

It sucks but i dont think rockstar will release a patch for this. They seem too proud to cave in to fans on stuff like this. They should take a page out of Biowares books and listen to the fans though

Vagg
  • Vagg

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

They need to patch this bs really

CAZPER
  • CAZPER

Sniiaijee

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

Cause I think the car damage is good enough, I mean, they've made it harder to get the body squished. But in many other way's, it's a lot realistic now. You hit your left side bumper to wall? The wheel will get stuck. You hit another car at max speed? There's a possibility that one of the wheels will fly out.

The car gets out of control surprisingly easy, and the cars are very fast. Especially with Franklin's special ability, so it would be very annoying to get the car squished if you hit a wall 1st time.

• atix likes this

Mayweather
  • Mayweather

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:28 PM Edited by Mayweather, 18 September 2013 - 02:28 PM.

I think it has to do with the style and direction that rockstar wanted to take. In the grittier and more "life-like" GTA IV, the car handling suited it. In GTA V, I don't think it would fit in with the style of the game. After playing it for a few hours now, I can see the problems that would arise, had they made the car physics like IV.

For one, it would make the car customisations a bit redundant if you would have repair the car for half a grand every time you have a small accident. I could see myself just ditching the "personal" cars and just get around purely by stealing cars from the street especially in missions where it would be more efficient. Also, with the size of the map, the last thing they would want is for people to wreck there car in the middle of nowhere and have to walk for ages. There are a few other reasons but I'm too tired to think right now.

atix
  • atix

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

Cause I think the car damage is good enough, I mean, they've made it harder to get the body squished. But in many other way's, it's a lot realistic now. You hit your left side bumper to wall? The wheel will get stuck. You hit another car at max speed? There's a possibility that one of the wheels will fly out.

The car gets out of control surprisingly easy, and the cars are very fast. Especially with Franklin's special ability, so it would be very annoying to get the car squished if you hit a wall 1st time.

This right here!

I also love the fact that you "never" know how damaged the car will get.

You realize you will hit a wall at high speed, you start parying "Please wheels, don't get stuck!!!". It's a randomness that adds to the gameplay.

I personally love it, but hey...opinions.

JocGTAV
  • JocGTAV

The 1%

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

I rolled a 4x4 twice down a small hill and both back doors broke off, all the windows smashed, the rear fender came off and the hood. Then when it stopped I noticed that the back left wheel was complete buckled the wrong way and the car would only go 20mph ish. That's detail. And that's a BIG suck my dick to you idiots.

All that stuff is great and the rollovers are definitely better than ever. But no matter how much stuff falls off the cars the game is still missing the crumpling of steel that IV had.

I love all the new scratches and sh*t the damage has now but I miss the deformation. And yea yea yea I know thats in there too but not until after you smash the car over and over and over again. I want to flatten small sedans with a big rig in one shot like I did in IV and thats just not happening in V.

Shox
  • Shox

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

So if you like the new system, you're automatically a fanboy?
And if you don't, then you should p**s off and play iv?
Man, this site has gone to f**k. People give an opinion and get attacked for it.
Sort it out mods, cause this was once the best fan sites around, now it's worse than the beliebers on twitter.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:36 PM Edited by DymeDef, 18 September 2013 - 02:37 PM.

Because it didn't make sense to have your engine bay compressed to 1/4 the size yet still be driving. It didn't make sense when your car should not be able to drive, that you could in fact fly down the road at near top speed.

The damage isn't that great, but it makes sense when you can and can not drive the car properly. Also, I think they toned it down because of buying and customizing cars. No one wants to have to keep abandoning their half a million dollar tricked out ride at every other corner because the damage was just ridiculous.

Should be a bit more prominent, but this is what we got. It isn't THAT bad, but obviously could have been better.

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

Why what you think is RIGHT and what other people think is WRONG? You cannot conceive that some people have other opinions? Think about it ;)

You MUST be one of the degenerates I was talking about. Your english needs some work buddy

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

My cars get damaged I have no idea what you're complaining about. The cry babies on this forum are hilarious.
  • jatiger13 likes this

JocGTAV
  • JocGTAV

The 1%

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

My cars get damaged I have no idea what you're complaining about. The cry babies on this forum are hilarious.

Denial.

The "looks fine to me idk what youre talking about" and the "its because its armored" arguments are fanboys in denial and people refusing to admit that even perfect games have flaws. We are not whining nor are we cry babies. We are simply pointing out the fact that the damage is different from IV and voicing our opinion about it.

Bazzad
  • Bazzad

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:12 PM Edited by Bazzad, 18 September 2013 - 03:13 PM.

Maybe you guys should fund and produce a car crash simulator.

Then you could jack off to your precious realistic damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users