Quantcast

» «
Photo

Cops are racist towards the black character, Franklin.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic
NothingPersonal
  • NothingPersonal

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

So, I was strolling down a boulevard, innocuous as any upstanding citizen, and suddenly, a white man begins assaulting me, making me flee as he pursued me with his frantic violence. Abruptly, I have 1 star - absolutely no reason besides the fact a citizen reported the situation and I was presumed the culprit... and the cops arrive. As I'm innocent, I raise my hands, knowing they'll understand, but they abruptly say 'HE HAS A WEAPON' whilst I'm unarmed, opening fire.....

2 minutes later, I'm running down an alley as eight LAPD cops are behind me, GUNS DRAWN, and I still have absolutely no clue as to why. "Is it because I am black? Is this what happens? They think I am immediately guilty? I am armed? I am a huge threat? I've done something?" I see an escape, a rooftop with a ladder up it, and I begin climbing, but the police murder me - shooting me in the back multiple times as an 'armed suspect'..... execution-style as I have my back to them.

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

good.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

The cops in this game are just flawed simple. There will likely be a patch.

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

So, I was strolling down a boulevard, innocuous as any upstanding citizen, and suddenly, a white man begins assaulting me, making me flee as he pursued me with his frantic violence. Abruptly, I have 1 star - absolutely no reason besides the fact a citizen reported the situation and I was presumed the culprit... and the cops arrive. As I'm innocent, I raise my hands, knowing they'll understand, but they abruptly say 'HE HAS A WEAPON' whilst I'm unarmed, opening fire.....

2 minutes later, I'm running down an alley as eight LAPD cops are behind me, GUNS DRAWN, and I still have absolutely no clue as to why. "Is it because I am black? Is this what happens? They think I am immediately guilty? I am armed? I am a huge threat? I've done something?" I see an escape, a rooftop with a ladder up it, and I begin climbing, but the police murder me - shooting me in the back multiple times as an 'armed suspect'..... execution-style as I have my back to them.

Finally Rockstar added some good feature to the game...

• Mukaparska likes this

NothingPersonal
  • NothingPersonal

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

good.

I now feel empathy for minorities at least.  :lol: Rockstar knows how to address social issues and enlighten an audience.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

What am I looking at?

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

:miranda:

• andersona7x6661 likes this

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

Can someone explain to me what the term "racist" means? As far as I'm aware there's one race, the human race, inside the human race are breeds and stock. If someone was "racist" wouldn't it be towards another species? Since white and black are not separate species.

NothingPersonal
  • NothingPersonal

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

Can someone explain to me what the term "racist" means? As far as I'm aware there's one race, the human race, inside the human race are breeds and stock. If someone was "racist" wouldn't it be towards another species? Since white and black are not separate species.

It's people thinking they're innately different.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Bruce

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:56 PM Edited by Waldie, 18 September 2013 - 12:56 PM.

It's funny, when playing as Franklin, I walked up to two LSPD officers having coffee next the impound lot and stood next to them. I literally did nothing, just stood there and the next thing I know, their guns were drawn I was being arrested. 

NothingPersonal
  • NothingPersonal

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

It's funny, when playing as Franklin, I walked up to two LSPD officers having coffee next the impound lot and stood next to them. I literally did nothing, just stood there and the next the I know I their guns were drawn I was being arrested. 

LAPD living up to their reputation as racist assholes who beat defenseless black males without reasonable cause, such as Rodney King.  :panic:

P2FX
  • P2FX

I ain't no hipster.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

Because they are racism in real life.

NothingPersonal
  • NothingPersonal

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

Because they are racism in real life.

Does this also explain the posh white girls running from me when I stand near them?  :cry:

Waldie
  • Waldie

Bruce

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:06 PM Edited by Waldie, 18 September 2013 - 01:07 PM.

It's funny, when playing as Franklin, I walked up to two LSPD officers having coffee next the impound lot and stood next to them. I literally did nothing, just stood there and the next the I know I their guns were drawn I was being arrested. 

LAPD living up to their reputation as racist assholes who beat defenseless black males without reasonable cause, such as Rodney King.  :panic:

To be fair though, they must have to deal with a lot of sh*t from gangbangers and such. I reckon if one were regularly getting shot at - say predominately by young black guys, I don't think it would take too long to skew that persons perception on reality. It's not right but they're only human.

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

Yeah if someone stood close to me (as a cop) I would tell them to step away. If they didn't well......

roostersrule2
  • roostersrule2

I'm Batman

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

eP9XAfA.jpg

• FANTOMTRON and Niobium like this

fwenshy
  • fwenshy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

He's an ex gangbanger isn't he? They probably know him and arrest on site? Haha

BoyzNGroveStreet
  • BoyzNGroveStreet

Gangster

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

Racial profiling confirmed.

ChickenStu
  • ChickenStu

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:25 PM

My I use this statement? It's awesome,

FANTOMTRON
  • FANTOMTRON

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

eP9XAfA.jpg

HAHAHAHA :D

NothingPersonal
  • NothingPersonal

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:39 PM

Racial profiling confirmed.

This is just an ingenious feature and I think it's educational, not 'wrong'.

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

Hmmm. To figure out if the police were racist against Franklin, you would have to see the exact same situation with Trevor or Michael.

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:47 PM

Cool story bro. Please tell it again.

PZVNGI
  • PZVNGI

BOSS

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

It happens, deal with it. 

MovieGuy786
  • MovieGuy786

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

The samething happens with Michael. At the airport I just stand in front of 2 cops. Did nothing. Then out of nowhere they started screaming at Michael and to make a long story short I ended up wasted lol.

FranticFatality
  • FranticFatality

British Hillbilly

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

It's funny, when playing as Franklin, I walked up to two LSPD officers having coffee next the impound lot and stood next to them. I literally did nothing, just stood there and the next thing I know, their guns were drawn I was being arrested. 

They do this with every character.

SesameStPimp
  • SesameStPimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

I don't even play as Franklin because it takes too long trying to get everywhere on the back of the bus.

NothingPersonal
  • NothingPersonal

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

Hmmm. To figure out if the police were racist against Franklin, you would have to see the exact same situation with Trevor or Michael.

This isn't a f*ckin' science experiment, bro, it's a funny story.

--Vega--
  • --Vega--

Serpent Ruled

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

LOL not only that but when I go to play like Golf or Tennis as Franklin, I always seem to lose unlike the whites (Michael and Trevor) where I almost always win.

Simon_V
  • Simon_V

Red Dead Undead

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:00 AM

Maybe u pressed the d-pad to the right(or not), and Franklin insulted the cop.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users