Michael's family are ungrateful, selfish, spoiled brats

67 replies to this topic
IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

Yeah, that's ...Kind of the premise of their characters.

• *MURDOC* likes this

coelacanth72
  • coelacanth72

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

I kept hoping Michael's family would get wiped out at the end of the campaign... at least you can almost mortally wound them with stickies

• fac316 likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

I kept hoping Michael's family would get wiped out at the end of the campaign... at least you can almost mortally wound them with stickies

But then you get the text from that fat dipsh*t, "Near death experience now I will change my life LOL" Like he's f*cking mocking you.

• fac316, PDXNF and Bonnano like this

Mrflodo
  • Mrflodo

Crackhead

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:22 AM

I think they're brilliant and add to his overall character. When you have been Michael have you shot someone in the face with a shotgun ? Screwed a hooker and then popped her ? Threw a grenade into or ploughed a fire engine into a group of people ? What kind of family should he have ?
  • Pastry likes this

Gaitux
  • Gaitux

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

I like playing as a guy who has to deal with family sh*t and his wife - I love that experience and that is why Michael is one of the best GTA characters in the entire series.

Rockstar made a big risk by making the FIRST character you play as with a family and a wife - the risk payed off and most players loved it - they should do it again.

ManikB141
  • ManikB141

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:25 PM

I don't understand where Amanda get's off on the "cheating BS", Michael hasn't cheated in any canon cutscene but Amanda has with two other dudes in the campaign, TWO... in a campaign within a time span of 1-3 months.

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:48 AM Edited by liquidussnake119, 25 April 2014 - 12:49 AM.

The family was one of my biggest problem in the game.

Like, I know Dan Houser explained it as Michael treated them badly so they treat him badly in kind.

But you never really get to see that except when he looses his **** in Daddy's Girl and Reuniting the Family.

So they just seem like they're asses for no reason.  I had no desire to see prostitutes or strippers as Mike so it didn't make any sense why they were so mad at Mike

• fac316 likes this

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:15 AM

Call of Duty playing

Oh no, he plays call of duty. Truly a worse crime cannot be committed within the realm of gaming.

I played COD 4 and loved every minute of it. And I'm nothing like him.

Worldmean
  • Worldmean

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:04 PM

Michael's family could have been a HUGE improvement to the game as a whole on a subconsious level...GTA V was least fulfilling in the characters IMO than anything else. If his family could have been likeable in any way, Michael's "devotion" to his family would have had more sincerity other than "Youre my family, i gotta love you" . I felt no love for Michael, his family, or their relationship. Making them less annoying and more bearable would give more impact to the story. Or they couldve done with a little more comedy about it. I always got an unconfortable feeling as they fought because it was so absurd yet resembled real life. Al Bundy had a rough relationship with his family, but it was still fun to watch. 

• archiebunker, fac316 and smoothie wolf like this

Mrflodo
  • Mrflodo

Crackhead

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:33 PM

" I had no desire to see prostitutes or strippers as Mike so it didn't make any sense why they were so mad at Mike " .

Liquidussnake If that is relevant at all then did you kill any civilians ? How many ? There you go, however that is totally irrevelant. It's a story and featuires the 3 best characters in GTA history imo. Everyone is entitled to their opinion however i think this forum shows some people will never be happy.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

No sh*t.

I think they're supposed to represent the game's audience.

• fac316, PDXNF and Mrflodo like this

Mrflodo
  • Mrflodo

Crackhead

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:43 PM Edited by Mrflodo, 25 April 2014 - 12:44 PM.

No sh*t.

I think they're supposed to represent the game's audience.

I quit the mod team, so please don't send me any more moderation related mails
Haha well said

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:24 PM

Michael isn't exactly Dad/Husband of the Year himself.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:24 AM

all of you are half assed retarded fa**ots, even you OP; you fa**ot

they're MEANT to be annoying as f*ck, that means they're doing their job excellently

Holy sh*t that irony. You are the one spelling like a mental retard with a hardcore cerebral palsy.

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:29 AM

Yes they are, but then again Michael is a criminal sociopath.

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:52 PM

I'll admit, I've killed Jimmy for fun several times. I call him to hang out, then blow him up with a grenade or a sticky bomb.

It's just too bad you can't shoot him.

toughmeister
  • toughmeister

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:18 PM

I'll admit, I've killed Jimmy for fun several times. I call him to hang out, then blow him up with a grenade or a sticky bomb.

It's just too bad you can't shoot him.

I've killed Jimmy once. It was after choosing ending C and next time you drive out of Michael's house Jimmy came speeding by on his bike. I crashed into him and he went flying. I don't know if that was random or it was programmed to happen on purpose, but you later get text from Jimmy saying that the hospital bill needs to come out Michaels money or a near death experience, or something along those lines.

JeffreyDahmer
  • JeffreyDahmer

Dan Houser Is God

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:17 PM

I Really think a member of his Family should of Been Killed by the Merryweather guys sent by devin Weston it would Of Made him a much better Antagonist.

• MythAlex and peardude like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

Jimmy's a little c*nt! I f*cking hate him after he turned my blue Tailgater into a tacky ricer I want to take him to the top of a mountain and then drive off of it whilst I dive out.
  • Bonnano likes this

Tigernolyin
  • Tigernolyin

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:05 AM

I personally hate the family. Too ungrateful. Granted, Michael is a criminal. But, I feel like Amanda is the most ungrateful out of all of them. The thing that kills me is that she constantly complains about her life being ruined, but she didn't have much of a life to begin with. She was a stripper and a prostitute...talk about climbing the social ladder. Regardless, she's not living lavishly in RH yet still feels the need to bang the tennis coach and get back doored by the yoga instructor. I mean damn cut mike some slack. And then the kids are just lost causes...negative parenting over in that house.

Sidenote: I do feel like the family interactions were exaggerated a bit in order to hammer a point across, but i think rockstar coulda toned down the sh*ttiness of the family. 

TripleMLG
  • TripleMLG

eater of worlds

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:18 PM

Yup...

ocd
  • ocd

Foot Fetishist

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:12 PM

Michael and his family seem to be heavily inspired by The Sopranos.  I love it in the sense that I really do hate his family but he would never kill his own family no matter how much they f*ck up.  They're FAMILY!  :)

Exept Meadow isn't a whore.

InnocentA
  • InnocentA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

They are sh*tc*nts, but thats part of the story, thats what makes it fun to attack them:
shooting.jpg

damn i got busted in tracey's room while franklin just stood there

busted.jpg

he then sent me an alarming text message, apparently he also thinks attacking them is fun

messagefromfranklin.jpg
i spend quite a bit of time killing michaels family ...maybe a little too much time

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:21 PM

Mike's Family is only like that because of the awful life decision's he's made. Like Mike is an actual saint (he's the douchiest protag by far) whose sarcasm and "poor me" atttitude warrent it.

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:19 PM

Jimmy pisses me off more than the other two.

All three default to the same method of running from their own problems: Blaming Michael.

• fac316 likes this

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:39 PM

Michael's family are easily the worst stereotypes in the game and just terrible people as a whole. But he deserves them. Like, okay, jimmy smokes pot and plays video games. How is that worse than watching movies while sprawled drunk on the couch or sitting poolside and listening to music?

Ooh, amanda is a shallow bitch that likes spending money on clothes? Yeah, says the guy who gets dollar sign rims on his car automatically in the story at some point.

Tracy is too obsessed with fame? Says the guy who wants desperately to make movies, so much so that he'll chase some guy's rich assistant onto an active airport runway just so he can save some movie with his name on it.

Yeah, his family are all the worst kind of people. But he deserves them.

Trevor's a cannibal and Franklin's a generic gangster and yet I found those two way more likable than Mr. "Oh I hate my family but I love them and that's why I save them but I also put them in danger and they totally suck but I am the most perfect snowflake of a human being on the planet.".

• ManikB141 likes this

HappyFarmerKit
  • HappyFarmerKit

Maybe we're just sleepwalking.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:30 PM Edited by HappyFarmerKit, 25 June 2014 - 03:36 PM.

damn i got busted in tracey's room while franklin just stood there
busted.jpg

Lol, this is an awesome pic. I thought the cop with the glasses was Lester for a second.

Jizzle2014
  • Jizzle2014

Employmentally Challenged

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:51 PM

James is awesome tho

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:49 AM

I liked them I wish you could hang out with Tracey this there conversation s would of been hilarious

canadianwingnut
  • canadianwingnut

don't mess with the wingnut

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

Michael's family are easily the worst stereotypes in the game and just terrible people as a whole. But he deserves them. Like, okay, jimmy smokes pot and plays video games. How is that worse than watching movies while sprawled drunk on the couch or sitting poolside and listening to music?

Ooh, amanda is a shallow bitch that likes spending money on clothes? Yeah, says the guy who gets dollar sign rims on his car automatically in the story at some point.

Tracy is too obsessed with fame? Says the guy who wants desperately to make movies, so much so that he'll chase some guy's rich assistant onto an active airport runway just so he can save some movie with his name on it.

Yeah, his family are all the worst kind of people. But he deserves them.

Trevor's a cannibal and Franklin's a generic gangster and yet I found those two way more likable than Mr. "Oh I hate my family but I love them and that's why I save them but I also put them in danger and they totally suck but I am the most perfect snowflake of a human being on the planet.".

So... Jimmy thinks his mother is a real piece of work eh?

Jimmy added those dreadful rims while he was in possession of Micheal's car. At some very random point in the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users