Photo

Game always restarts! (Xbox 360)

22 replies to this topic
wittttttty
  • wittttttty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

I bought this game yesterday and was very disappointed when the game continued to freeze and restart because of a "storage" issue. The game prompted me to reinstall disc 1, which I did, but the problem still persisted. I have over 200GB free on my HDD and no, I did not install disc 2 to my hard drive. What am I doing wrong? Is this a problem with my Xbox or is it my disc?

ArmedNAruba
  • ArmedNAruba

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:18 AM Edited by ArmedNAruba, 18 September 2013 - 11:19 AM.

I am having the same issue!!

I installed disc 1. Put play disc 2 in and begin to play. Everything's fine. I played for 2 hours last night only to have to restart from beginning. I start over for an hour and same thing. It will not save for me. So frustrating. I thought it was auto save? Strange thing is, I'm getting that rotating circle to show it should be saving and I receive NO error messages...NO freezing issues.  Maybe I'm not doing something right but I've never had this problem with any other game before. I want to play this game so bad but I cant when I have to start over every time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wittttttty
  • wittttttty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

Bump. Please help!!

ArmedNAruba
  • ArmedNAruba

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

Nobody? Anybody??

Leonard Hofstadter
  • Leonard Hofstadter

Physicist

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:18 PM

I am having the same problem its getting on my nerves now

adkor
  • adkor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

i am having the same issue i cant even progress past the 1st 10 mins of the game this is really making me angry 

Coopdogg
  • Coopdogg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

I am also having this same issue. I've gone to storage devices and cleared the system cache. I've reinstalled twice now. I also cleaned my x-box with keyboard cleaner just in case. I've sent rockstar a troubleshooting email but I haven't received a response yet. Can someone please help with this sh*t. What a headache!

Poisonjam
  • Poisonjam

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

Solution

I had the same exact problem. I had plenty of room on my HDD and it would always restart when it came time to Franklins first mission and it would say something was went wrong while the game was being installed. I did everything I removed it all and even put the game on a thumb drive and it still did the same thing. I later went and exchanged the game for a new one to see if it would work and it did. I am guessing that I got a faulty installation CD. So pretty much the solution is to exchange the old game you got for a new one and re install the new disk. 

TAINTALIZER
  • TAINTALIZER

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

Im having the exact same trouble. I'm able to play it but at a whole certain area in vinewood it just tends to reset. And idk what the problems is. Its getting really frustrating and nobody tends to say anything about it.

wittttttty
  • wittttttty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

Hey guys, I figured out how to fix it (at least in my case, hopefully yours too). I borrowed my neighbors installation disc and reinstalled the game with that, and that seemed to do the trick. So perhaps the solution is returning your current disc for a new one
  • Coopdogg likes this

Coopdogg
  • Coopdogg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

I also just exchanged my disc at Gamestop and deleted then reinstalled. All good now. So far...

FBell
  • FBell

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

So, much like everyone else, I am getting this error message when trying to play GTA 5. I have seen all sorts of people posting "don't install disc 2", which I am not doing. I have tried useing a USB Flash Drive which didn't work.  I am currently running my Xbox 360 with a 60GB hard drive with (30 gigs available). Here are the steps I have taken to play the game...

1 - Insert disc 1
2 - Choose storage location
3 - Disc 1 installs - prompted to insert disc 2
4 - Insert disc 2
5 - It does it's thing for less than a minute
6 - Game restarts (Rockstar logo and music intro)
7 - The error message pops up, press A to confirm
8 - Back to steps 6 & 7

I have also checked and it is not a faulty installation disk as it allowed me to install the game on my brothers xbox. If any of you guys are having the same problem or are have a solution please post back.

Skrape22
  • Skrape22

Contents Under Pressure

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

Solution: Buy a new XBOX.

pernaboy
  • pernaboy

Gangster sh*t

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

I had this problem , because I was playing a pirated , leaked version before the release date, but when I got my copy from gamestop and I reinstalled it , everything seems alright... this is because of Disk 1 has a problem. change your game

FBell
  • FBell

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:13 AM

But if there is a problem with the game why did it allow me to install it and play it on my brothers xbox and not my own?

pernaboy
  • pernaboy

Gangster sh*t

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

well, I don't know really , but if this happened once on your xbox it should happens soon on your brother's ...

ArmedNAruba
  • ArmedNAruba

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

My problem is not with receiving any error messages or anything. I just can't save...period. I tried using the quick save from my cell phone and everything. Strange thing is I get that little rotating circle showing it SHOULD be saving. When I start my game back up, it starts at the beginning again. So so frustrating. Any help or ideas on additional ways to save game?

Darka
  • Darka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:16 AM

Hi

New here and ran into the Storage Device Issue on Xbox 360

Just a quick heads up on how i resolved it

I had followed the advice not to install the play disk and the game still crashed

Cleared Cached often and still crashed

Installed about 7 times  and still crashed,

Formatted HD and still crashed with storage device issue

I swapped the game and havent had issues

Apparently the issue is caused by the inner ring of the game being damaged or dirty

Take your disk you hold it up to the light and see how ugly the middle clear part is
If you are having this issue it will not look terrible but you should notice some "damage" or things on it
Compare this to a disk not having issues and that part is totally clear

Note

I am not an expert on the disk middle thing, its something i heard and i noticed after checking myself

Havent had issues since swapping for a new disk

Its an error a few are running into, Go take disk back and enjoy the game

Groove-Street12
  • Groove-Street12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

which shop  replaces an opened cd game ?

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

I had this issue aswell, and its quite easy to counter, for some reason it seems to happen as you are entering or leaving ammunation, you'll get a quick pop-up before it happens, if you click a fast enough it wont restart.

(which is why I always sprint in and out of the ammu nation shops.)

Darka
  • Darka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

which shop  replaces an opened cd game ?

Most shops should since you are replacing the disk, not just handing it back. Especially if in good condition you shouldnt have any issues

Got mine from a local store and they have replaced another guys too
The store still gets your money, and they send the disc back to their rep

ReaperCru
  • ReaperCru

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

Guys check out the thread in this forum about freezing on Franklins first mission.  A lot of people having the same issue.  Worth reading through about all the steps we have taken...

Volatile
  • Volatile

Watches you when you sleep

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

Same is happening to me. I tried everything and even used my brothers install disc and play disc. I hope they patch this soon. It was working fine for the first 4 days I had it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users