[Spoilers] Well I wasn't expecting that [Spoilers]

49 replies to this topic
xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

5 years later, we see johnny as a meth addict still in the lost going "HURR DURR WHY U F*CKING ASHLEY WAAAAAAA"

Yep, he does somewhat admit being a methhead though with quotes like "we all get high!" and "the crystal got us babe.

OGCFB
  • OGCFB

Emperor Eye

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:28 PM

I think people just find it annoying how his character regresses after claiming he would cut his ties and stay away from Ashley because "the ice got her good" I mean I know a lot can change in five years, but he literally flopped on everything he said he would not do. It's pretty obvious Johnny used to be a meth head anyway, but it was also hinted he had been clean for a long time. For some reason after saying he could not carry on with The Lost MC because of his friend dying and all the other sh*t that happened, five years later he joins another Lost MC chapter. 

I must say, Meth must be one hell of a f*cking drug if it can make you do the opposite of everything you said you would. Also wasn't Johnny against biker wars? I assume he took part in the complete eradication of The Angels of Death to make them as a Lost MC member said "a myth". 

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

It was a statement about the effects drugs have on people. Johnny, at the end of TLaD, was a strong character. He was moving on with his life blah, blah, blah. Then he started smoking crystal, and ruined everything.

Trevor, who also smokes meth, is completely insane.
Ron is a nervous shell, who allows Trevor to walk all over him so he can keep smoking.
Wade is a whimpering mess, who possibly has brain damage from the beatings Trevor has given him.

Its all about the drugs.

Yeah, if i wanted some anti drug PSA i would go to a school assembly.

Alright kiddo, the fact of the matter is, this is exactly what the statement is. I don't care if you don't like it, R* is saying drugs are bad, and destroy lives. You don't have to listen.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Laying low in Alderney City

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

There's no such thing as an ex-addict. You carry that sh*t with you for the rest of your life. All you can do is resist temptation. Johnny was still hanging out with Clay who often shouts about how he's tweaking hard. All it would take is one brief moment of weakness to ruin his sobriety and take him on a one way trip to hell.

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

I still strongly feel they should have scratched Johnny and in extension The Lost from V. We should have been fighting the AOD as Trevor (That actually had some sort of Leader he had to face) with some throw away dialogue that mentions some events from TLAD with members of the AOD. Would have been far more believable then just saying The Lost grew 10x stronger and eliminated the entire AOD on their home turf within 5 years. 

or 

Kill of Johnny but treat him, Clay and Terry how they were in TLAD. Strong sonsofbitches that after Trevor starts messing with the Lost aggressively assault Trevor (essentially making The Lost a true rival) until finally Trevor takes on their stronghold and kills Terry and Clay in a brutal fight (not treated like f*cking peons) then Johnny rage rushing Trevor spouting how he isn't afraid to die using some top tier weapons like a grenade launcher or assault shotgun. Making the fight actually feel like you're fighting a GTA protagonist without completely backtracking on established dialogue/story.  

• saintsrow likes this

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

It was a statement about the effects drugs have on people. Johnny, at the end of TLaD, was a strong character. He was moving on with his life blah, blah, blah. Then he started smoking crystal, and ruined everything.

Trevor, who also smokes meth, is completely insane.
Ron is a nervous shell, who allows Trevor to walk all over him so he can keep smoking.
Wade is a whimpering mess, who possibly has brain damage from the beatings Trevor has given him.

Its all about the drugs.

Yeah, if i wanted some anti drug PSA i would go to a school assembly.

Alright kiddo, the fact of the matter is, this is exactly what the statement is. I don't care if you don't like it, R* is saying drugs are bad, and destroy lives. You don't have to listen.

They told that story already with Ashley in TLAD showing 1 cut-scene in V wasn't needed.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 November 2013 - 11:54 PM

I beat TLAD a while ago but I don't remember Johnny taking drugs. When did that happen?

Baramos
  • Baramos

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:27 AM

I accidentally killed Packie, so he's dead too.

I'm fine with them killing Jonny, he was boring...now if they killed Gay Tony or Luis I'd be upset.

OGCFB
  • OGCFB

Emperor Eye

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:27 AM Edited by OGCFB, 18 November 2013 - 12:30 AM.

I beat TLAD a while ago but I don't remember Johnny taking drugs. When did that happen?

There are some hints that he did in the old days but that he eventually quit and went clean.

I'm fine with them killing Jonny, he was boring...now if they killed Gay Tony or Luis I'd be upset.

Also I would hate if they killed off Tony because he was pretty funny, I found Luis to be pretty boring though. I found Johnny, Niko and Huang Lee to be much more interesting protags in my opinion. 

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:33 AM

In my first playthrough, I killed him without knowing who he was.
The second was the same story.
However, in the third one I decided to help him and discovered he was Packie. God, if only I knew earlier.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:50 AM

So Johnny opposed drugs (which is why he began smoking meth in San Andreas), dumped Ashley (which is why he was still in love with her in the events of V), and wanted to try to cut his ties with the Lost (which is why he is still a member of the Lost in San Andreas during the events of V)

yes, that's exactly my point. my point is that cockstar made johnny contradict himself (3 times in a row too)

:^: Good points. 

And in response to the whole topic, I thought (as others above have said) that it was lame as hell to bring back a major character (plus a minor character, Ashely) just to sort-of make a connection to The Lost in San Andreas and mostly to make their new worthless "shock" character, Trevor, look like a badass.  Just cheap piss-poor writing.  :v:

As long as they were going make this appearance, the fight should have been a kind of interactive duel mission, where we play as Trevor, not just a cheap-ass cutscene.  And Ashley should have had a role in a couple more missions later on, or a tiny corner of the story, not just left ambiguous.  So many missed opportunities here.  :*(

It's conceivable, if I am cynical, to imagine that this ignominious scene was meant by Rockstar to be a symbolic poke at the idea of future story DLC like TLAD and TBOGT -- a quick and shameful death, to show that they will never give us such substantial and story-intertwined DLC again.  :angry:

• HoleInTheSky likes this

nobum62
  • nobum62

douchebag who owns a chromed zentorno

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:59 AM

some people are saying johnny should at least be still a badass and fight trevor.

but when i'm forced to kill a protag i like with a protag i don't like..... i don't think i would personally like that very much. still better than the scene we have now though

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 03:26 AM

They should've killed CJ instead.

AlmightySo
  • AlmightySo

Professional Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:01 AM

No one gives a f*ck about johnny hes a f*cking methed up biker mess hoped he would of got hit by a plane in gta 4 f*cking hate the fa**ot.

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:41 AM

some people are saying johnny should at least be still a badass and fight trevor.

but when i'm forced to kill a protag i like with a protag i don't like..... i don't think i would personally like that very much. still better than the scene we have now though

That's what I mean. Like I stated The Lost shouldn't have even been in SA, but if R* really felt the need to have them there and to kill off Johnny that would have been the best way to do it. Missions that spanned V's story dealing with The Lost and in extension learning what happened (How Johnny/The Lost got to where they are) and making them into a formidable force that would really oppose Trevor. I think it would have left a much better taste to TLAD fans and GTA fans in general. However the story in general isn't nearly as fleshed out as it should have been. 

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:43 AM

No one gives a f*ck about johnny hes a f*cking methed up biker mess hoped he would of got hit by a plane in gta 4 f*cking hate the fa**ot.

Thank you for bringing so much into the discussion your thoughts have really improved the topic and the depth you went in with your response was amazing clearly you could never write anything better so you should leave and never come back while you're on top.

• nobum62 likes this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:43 AM

It should've been The Angels of Death and The Lost fighting over Trevor's meth business. But nooooooooo, rockstar just wanted Trevor to look like a bad-ass so he takes down the entire army of the lost in one mission.

Baramos
  • Baramos

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:53 AM Edited by Baramos, 18 November 2013 - 06:55 AM.

their new worthless "shock" character, Trevor,

I...I just...what?

I'm never going to understand people on this board, am I?

Trevor represents our id. He is the representative of the GTA player we are when we used go on rampages, run over civilians, toss a molotov cocktail into the middle of the dance floor at the Malibu club, etc. He is pure unrepressed aggression and chaos.

If you didn't understand the dynamic of having three protagonists who each represent a different aspect of human psychology (Franklin=superego, Michael=ego, Trevor=id), as well as on a surface level the three main aspects of gameplay in GTA (Franklin=driving, Michael=shooting, Trevor=rampages) I feel like you didn't pay attention to the game. When you call one of the most psychologically complex characters in the series "worthless", I feel like you didn't pay attention to the game.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:27 AM

their new worthless "shock" character, Trevor,

I...I just...what?

I'm never going to understand people on this board, am I?

Trevor represents our id. He is the representative of the GTA player we are when we used go on rampages, run over civilians, toss a molotov cocktail into the middle of the dance floor at the Malibu club, etc. He is pure unrepressed aggression and chaos.

If you didn't understand the dynamic of having three protagonists who each represent a different aspect of human psychology (Franklin=superego, Michael=ego, Trevor=id), as well as on a surface level the three main aspects of gameplay in GTA (Franklin=driving, Michael=shooting, Trevor=rampages) I feel like you didn't pay attention to the game. When you call one of the most psychologically complex characters in the series "worthless", I feel like you didn't pay attention to the game.

So what your saying is that every protagonist in the next GTAs should be like Trevor? Pre-order cancelled.

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

The way Rockstar should have done it: Terry and Clay go to Trevor's (who wasn't f*cking Ashley) trailer to talk business. Trevor, who was angry after just seeing the news, brutally kills them both, and proceeds to kill the rest of the Lost, and everything goes out as normal. After the storyline (assuming you didn't choose ending A), you unlock a Strangers and Freaks missions, were Johnny (who wasn't a meth addict or in the Lost anymore) and Ashley (who also wasn't an addict anymore) are in some kind of memorial for the Lost, mourning Terry and Clay. He and Ashley identify Trevor as the murderer, and a battle between the two begin. Trevor kills Johnny and Ashley mourns him and then run (going back to drugs and dying in a heroin orgy).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users