Photo

[Spoilers] Well I wasn't expecting that [Spoilers]

49 replies to this topic
RiddledAttorney
  • RiddledAttorney

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

I knew there was talk about a minor character from the GTA IV games making a return, but the

Spoiler
and
Spoiler

What are your thoughts on this? For me it was slightly heartbreaking seeing

Spoiler
but at the same time it was a thrill to see him in the game and really took me by surprise so I say well done R* for the element of surprise factor on that one.

• Tacymist likes this

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:22 AM Edited by FearTheLiving, 18 September 2013 - 09:22 AM.

I hate it.

Spoiler

• sqre and Niobium like this

RiddledAttorney
  • RiddledAttorney

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

I hate it.

Spoiler

Good point. I think they were a bit harsh giving him a quick, brutal

Spoiler
and the game never gave much of a reason (at least not at my point in the storyline) of why he was actually in San Andreas in the first place.

• Niobium likes this

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

I hate it.

Spoiler

Spoiler
and the game never gave much of a reason (at least not at my point in the storyline) of why he was actually in San Andreas in the first place.

True. Hell in

Spoiler
so that could explain that, but it doesn't explain why
Spoiler
when it seemed to clearly point in the opposite direction. I guess it's just R* attempting to make Trevor more bad ass or shock factor. In any case it seems like an insult to the character.

• sqre and Niobium like this

ShaneHunter
  • ShaneHunter

The Boss

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

I liked it.

Spoiler

GTAFanatic81
  • GTAFanatic81

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

I laughed my guts out it was funny as, Trevor is awesome

Los Santos - 1992 to 2013
  • Los Santos - 1992 to 2013

After 21 years, it's time.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:50 AM

I hate it.

Spoiler

Spoiler

The Lost MC moved from

Spoiler
after the Events of GTA IV TLAD in 2008, since the chapter was destroyed after the clubhouse got ransacked. Terry, Clay and Johnny moved with the club too. So that's why Johnny was there in the first place.

guyzwitgunz
  • guyzwitgunz

Anti-nerd

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

When he first appeared, I marked out so when Trevor killed him so quickly It was a little deflating. But talk about introducing Trevor's character with a bang - f*cking a tough guy, former lead character's girl then killing him with his bare hands.

henriquedematos
  • henriquedematos

Russell > Frege

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

His death was certainly impacting, but it could have been so much better developed. They pretty much just threw it in to prove Trevor is a crazy maniac, nothing else. A character that had a great line of development in a short story-based DLC and became a fan favorite was wasted in seconds, without almost any emotional backdrop to it. I honestly didn't care as much as I think I should have.

Maybe it was because of the stupid leaks that spoiled the scene for me - But I was also aware of

Spoiler
's death in Red Dead Redemption before playing it, and that didn't make his death any less shocking and sad for me. It's just another case of "killing off old major characters to introduce the new bad-ass ones", like the 80's animated Transformers movie.

• Niobium likes this

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:06 AM Edited by Jesse Pinkman, 18 September 2013 - 10:07 AM.

Maybe there will be DLC where you play as him and that will explain it. 

John Marston is different case. He had to die, for what he was doing in his past, there was no escape for him and I had a feeling that he will die at the end when I played the game for the first time.

• henriquedematos likes this

sukmieazz
  • sukmieazz

Put out to pasture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:11 AM

Welcome to the club.
Spoiler

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:21 AM Edited by Ash_735, 17 November 2013 - 09:30 AM.

I was expecting it, I spotted it back during Trailer 2 (where Johnny is still wearing his TLAD outfit instead of the altered one and jeans he has in GTAV) but when i brought it up I thought it would be more along the line of the outcome of a large mission where you fight The Lost, but nope, that's the damn opening scene.

edit: Here's the shots from Trailer 2, check out that different more built Ron to!

jsye7p.png

2u95wug.png

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

Spoiler

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:28 PM

Spoiler

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

I would preferred it if Johnny killed Trevor, then we played as Johnny.
  • Niobium likes this

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

I would have preferred Franklin killed Luis or some sh*t instead. Johnny's death was crazy...

vigilant743
  • vigilant743

I am a fat biker.... I am the night!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

I for one loved TLAD and Johnny as a character. He was a protagonist that I could actually connect because he felt like a real person.

When he died in that scende, I was shocked but I could see what R* was going for. 

Honestly, if you're a criminal like Niko or Johnny, things are probably not going to go well for you. Lester hints that Niko has completely went off grid, which probably means he left that old life behind and fell into depression. Johnny was a former meth addict and sadly, stuff like that happens in the real world. People get off that stuff but if they stay around other users, they fall back into it. Johnny was a lot skinnier in GTA V and he acted scared and slow. The meth had impacted him greatly.

R* was pretty much showing that these guys ARE NOT heroes. Criminals are criminals and most of the time, they don't get a happy ending...

Niobium
  • Niobium

fu*k

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:29 PM Edited by nobum62, 17 November 2013 - 07:34 PM.

at the end of TLAD the player can call angus and johnny will say:

"i'll try to cut my ties with the lost."

"i finally got ashley out of my head. she has that need to f*ck up everything around her"

the player can also call ashley. ashley will ask johnny for forty dollars and johnny will say:

"you can kill yourself on your own ash."

he knows it is to pay off her debts or to buy drugs.

johnny was also an ex-addict and HATED drugs, especially after seeing what it has done to ashley.

5 years later, we see johnny as a meth addict still in the lost going "HURR DURR WHY U F*CKING ASHLEY WAAAAAAA"

f*ck you cockstar for making johnny inconsistant. F*CK YOU.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

It was a statement about the effects drugs have on people. Johnny, at the end of TLaD, was a strong character. He was moving on with his life blah, blah, blah. Then he started smoking crystal, and ruined everything.

Trevor, who also smokes meth, is completely insane.
Ron is a nervous shell, who allows Trevor to walk all over him so he can keep smoking.
Wade is a whimpering mess, who possibly has brain damage from the beatings Trevor has given him.

Its all about the drugs.

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:54 PM Edited by lizardman563, 17 November 2013 - 07:55 PM.

He became a weak meth head. That's what happens. Trevor is one of the more "uppity" meth users.

Get over it. I laughed when Trevor killed him. Probably because I don't like tweakers. 

Niobium
  • Niobium

fu*k

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:56 PM

He became a weak meth head. That's what happens. Trevor is one of the more "uppity" meth users.

Get over it. I laughed when Trevor killed him. Probably because I don't like tweakers. 

i'm going to beat this through your head until you get it you twat.

johnny opposed drugs, dumped ashley and wanted to try to cut his ties with the lost. johnny opposed drugs, dumped ashley and wanted to try to cut his ties with the lost. johnny opposed drugs, dumped ashley and wanted to try to cut his ties with the lost. johnny opposed drugs, dumped ashley and wanted to try to cut his ties with the lost. johnny opposed drugs, dumped ashley and wanted to try to cut his ties with the lost. johnny opposed drugs, dumped ashley and wanted to try to cut his ties with the lost. johnny opposed drugs, dumped ashley and wanted to try to cut his ties with the lost. johnny opposed drugs, dumped ashley and wanted to try to cut his ties with the lost. johnny opposed drugs, dumped ashley and wanted to try to cut his ties with the lost. johnny opposed drugs, dumped ashley and wanted to try to cut his ties with the lost. johnny opposed drugs, dumped ashley and wanted to try to cut his ties with the lost. 

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

at the end of TLAD the player can call angus and johnny will say:

"i'll try to cut my ties with the lost."
"i finally got ashley out of my head. she has that need to f*ck up everything around her"

the player can also call ashley. ashley will ask johnny for forty dollars and johnny will say:
"you can kill yourself on your own ash."

he knows it is to pay off her debts or to buy drugs.

johnny was also an ex-addict and HATED drugs, especially after seeing what it has done to ashley.

5 years later, we see johnny as a meth addict still in the lost going "HURR DURR WHY U F*CKING ASHLEY WAAAAAAA"

f*ck you cockstar for making johnny inconsistant. F*CK YOU.

How is he inconsistent? Quitting drugs is really hard. Even if you feel free of drugs, you can go back, veeeeery easly. So I don't think it's inconsistent for an ex-meth head do meth again.
One thing leads to another and K ends up with a boot to the face. Simple.

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

johnny opposed drugs, dumped ashley and wanted to try to cut his ties with the lost. johnny opposed drugs, dumped ashley and wanted to try to cut his ties with the lost. johnny opposed drugs, dumped ashley and wanted to try to cut his ties with the lost. johnny opposed drugs, dumped ashley and wanted to try to cut his ties with the lost. johnny opposed drugs, dumped ashley and wanted to try to cut his ties with the lost. johnny opposed drugs, dumped ashley and wanted to try to cut his ties with the lost. johnny opposed drugs, dumped ashley and wanted to try to cut his ties with the lost. johnny opposed drugs, dumped ashley and wanted to try to cut his ties with the lost. johnny opposed drugs, dumped ashley and wanted to try to cut his ties with the lost. johnny opposed drugs, dumped ashley and wanted to try to cut his ties with the lost. johnny opposed drugs, dumped ashley and wanted to try to cut his ties with the lost. 

...............LOL

So Johnny opposed drugs (which is why he began smoking meth in San Andreas), dumped Ashley (which is why he was still in love with her in the events of V), and wanted to try to cut his ties with the Lost (which is why he is still a member of the Lost in San Andreas during the events of V)

Did I get that right? 

No need for insults or foul language friend. 

Niobium
  • Niobium

fu*k

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:01 PM Edited by nobum62, 17 November 2013 - 08:02 PM.

i apologize for my rude behaviour. i'm sick of people not getting that cockstar made johnny's character inconstant and made him out of character in GTA 5

How is he inconsistent? Quitting drugs is really hard. Even if you feel free of drugs, you can go back, veeeeery easly. So I don't think it's inconsistent for an ex-meth head do meth again.

One thing leads to another and K ends up with a boot to the face. Simple.

perhaps it is possible for johnny to be doing only one of the things i said he wouldn't do, but not all three

• lizardman563 likes this

OGCFB
  • OGCFB

Emperor Eye

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:03 PM

...............LOL

So Johnny opposed drugs (which is why he began smoking meth in San Andreas), dumped Ashley (which is why he was still in love with her in the events of V), and wanted to try to cut his ties with the Lost (which is why he is still a member of the Lost in San Andreas during the events of V)

Did I get that right? 

The guy is right though, the end of TLAD hints at those three things. For some reason he randomly regresses and flops on everything he said he wouldn't do in V.

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

...............LOL

Did I get that right? 

The guy is right though, the end of TLAD hints at those three things. For some reason he randomly regresses and flops on everything he said he wouldn't do in V.

All it takes is one hit of meth to change that. 

I'm not saying I agree with Rockstar's decision, but it isn't entirely unbelievable. 

Niobium
  • Niobium

fu*k

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

yes, that's exactly my point. my point is that cockstar made johnny contradict himself (3 times in a row too)

• saintsrow likes this

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

i apologize for my rude behaviour. i'm sick of people not getting that cockstar made johnny's character inconstant and made him out of character in GTA 5

How is he inconsistent? Quitting drugs is really hard. Even if you feel free of drugs, you can go back, veeeeery easly. So I don't think it's inconsistent for an ex-meth head do meth again.One thing leads to another and K ends up with a boot to the face. Simple.

perhaps it is possible for johnny to be doing only one of the things i said he wouldn't do, but not all three

I think him doing drugs would make him go back to Ashley, or viceversa.

But I agree that it's kind of weird that he was still with the Lost.

Maybe if the Lost weren't in the game and Klebitz was just a meth head wandering around Sandy Shores would have made a bit more sense.

OGCFB
  • OGCFB

Emperor Eye

• Members

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:10 PM

Also for those wondering when the end of TLAD hints at Johnny not going near Ashley or her Meth and getting away from The Lost MC, just listen to the three phone calls in this video: http://youtu.be/OizFknYT50A?t=15m8s

93Sean93
  • 93Sean93

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:11 PM

It was a statement about the effects drugs have on people. Johnny, at the end of TLaD, was a strong character. He was moving on with his life blah, blah, blah. Then he started smoking crystal, and ruined everything.

Trevor, who also smokes meth, is completely insane.
Ron is a nervous shell, who allows Trevor to walk all over him so he can keep smoking.
Wade is a whimpering mess, who possibly has brain damage from the beatings Trevor has given him.

Its all about the drugs.

Yeah, if i wanted some anti drug PSA i would go to a school assembly.

• saintsrow likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users