Me complaining about Vice City

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic
godforgivesthelostdont
  • godforgivesthelostdont

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:03 AM

No doubt that Vice City was a great game for it's time, but it sure hasn't aged well.  I first played Vice City a year or two ago.

I agree the visuals, sound and characters are great.  But it's the core GAME PLAY that's at fault.

Everything has improved over GTA III but the one thing they missed was the core gameplay (funny, huh).  There are some interesting missions, but most of them just follow the standard formula.

1. Drive to point A

2a. Shootout

2b. Car chase

3. Drive to point B

This was okay in GTA III because it was a first attempt, but for a sequel, this is not as acceptable.

juan4life
  • juan4life

Someone else

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:21 AM Edited by juan4life, 18 September 2013 - 10:22 AM.

well, what can we expect from gta?

at least in GTA VC we got more things to do like mini games, business, etc... :D

xNCx
  • xNCx

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

I don't understand your complaining. It's natural that you have to drive to point A. If you don't want to drive, you can walk.

Btw. Don't forget that behind "drive to A and B" is mostly an interesting story, which can make even a crap thing funny. But in my opinions most (if not all) VC missions are alright.

Saphir
  • Saphir

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:31 PM Edited by Saphir, 18 September 2013 - 08:33 PM.

Basically, every GTA is built up like this and Vice City wasn't more monotonous as other GTAs - not at all.
Compared to GTA IV it even had more diversity, although GTA IV is a fantastic game too!

Dirty Schoolboy
  • Dirty Schoolboy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:54 AM

I never played VC much other then when i was younger, dont realy remember it to well. But from what I hear, it sounds no diferent from GTA IV. GTA IV you just get called, driver somewere, kill some guys and go home. I know there were a few side missions but its realy bull sh*t for such a new game.

GTA SA was great, second best GTA so far after the fantastic GTAV

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

There is quite a bit of mission diversity imo. 

It is an open world game and yes cars (auto is in the name)  are integral part of game.  The missions are just as good if not better than most other gtas....  VCs story is still better then most GTAs (III has best imo (haven't finished V yet)). 

If you dont like VCs missions, then i think you are playing the wrong game genre

GTAAPGAMER
  • GTAAPGAMER

GTA Aficionado

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:01 AM

It would be nice to see a VC expansion for GTAV, who knows..maybe down the line it may come true. ;)

Negan
  • Negan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

It would be nice to see a VC expansion for GTAV, who knows..maybe down the line it may come true. ;)

GTA VI(ce city)  ;)

• GankThis110 likes this

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:29 PM

If you dont like VCs missions, then i think you are playing the wrong game genre

Only some of them are horrendously coded to the point that you have to repeat them over and over again, and I'm no GTA noob. I recently started another 100% playthrough of this game and I noticed how poorly handled some missions were. In "Martha's Mug Shot" they give you a Sparrow to follow Candy. You can land the helicopter near the hotel, out of the street, on the grass part outside the hotel anticipating a 5-star increase in wanted level. Then the game moves it for you in the street for some dumb reason. Just to f*ck with you, because otherwise you wouldn't have to deal with the cops and the mission would be too easy, just flying the heli to the studio.

This repositioning of vehicles bullsh*t happens in other missions as well, namely "Recruitment Drive". "G-Spotlight" is also a poorly thought out mission. Some of the jumps are going to be failed 100% by new players (having to start all over again) because there is nothing to suggest that you don't have enough speed to jump to the next checkpoint. Even after you play it a few times, it's still easy to miss a few of them because they are so horribly placed, and at some point near the end you hit a bump and fall off your bike, but thankfully it doesn't matter anymore. A mission like this should have been more fast paced, but the jumps are bullsh*t and they ruin it.

Having said that, I still think the game is really great. I like the new features, missions, characters, and soundtrack. It's a great game, but I still think I like III better. I also made the horrible mistake of buying the German trilogy (III, VC, and SA) version of the game which has some stuff cut out. I'll never buy games released in Germany again. Also, DVD streaming for audio is horrendous. I'm not sure if this only happens to me, but I get lag spikes from the loading and it just slows the game down, ruining the experience in the process. I have a good optical disc drive, it's just the stupid game. It loads the radio stations despite the fact that I installed them on my HDD. I'll have to buy the Steam version.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

Only some of them are horrendously coded to the point that you have to repeat them over and over again, and I'm no GTA noob. I recently started another 100% playthrough of this game and I noticed how poorly handled some missions were. In "Martha's Mug Shot" they give you a Sparrow to follow Candy. You can land the helicopter near the hotel, out of the street, on the grass part outside the hotel anticipating a 5-star increase in wanted level. Then the game moves it for you in the street for some dumb reason. Just to f*ck with you, because otherwise you wouldn't have to deal with the cops and the mission would be too easy, just flying the heli to the studio.

This repositioning of vehicles bullsh*t happens in other missions as well, namely "Recruitment Drive". "G-Spotlight" is also a poorly thought out mission. Some of the jumps are going to be failed 100% by new players (having to start all over again) because there is nothing to suggest that you don't have enough speed to jump to the next checkpoint. Even after you play it a few times, it's still easy to miss a few of them because they are so horribly placed, and at some point near the end you hit a bump and fall off your bike, but thankfully it doesn't matter anymore. A mission like this should have been more fast paced, but the jumps are bullsh*t and they ruin it.

What do you mean about Martha's Mug Shot? I've played that mission many times, always landing in the sand outside the hotel and never have I had the game changing its location for me, infact that's never happened full stop. What vehicle gets relocated for you in Recruitment Drive?

I agree that G-Spotlight is a difficult mission, but I don't think that's a bad thing. It's entirely possible to pull off on the first try if you are very lucky, if you aren't then you learn from your mistakes and try again. It's the same as with every other mission.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

What do you mean about Martha's Mug Shot? I've played that mission many times, always landing in the sand outside the hotel and never have I had the game changing its location for me, infact that's never happened full stop. What vehicle gets relocated for you in Recruitment Drive?

I agree that G-Spotlight is a difficult mission, but I don't think that's a bad thing. It's entirely possible to pull off on the first try if you are very lucky, if you aren't then you learn from your mistakes and try again. It's the same as with every other mission.

I think I know what's going on in "Martha's Mug Shot". I landed the chopper on the grass patch in front of the hotel and the police cars that spawned once I gained a wanted level pushed it and it fell on the road. I thought the game repositioned it on purpose since in "Recruitment Drive" I used the Sparrow again and the game placed it on the right side of the road after I landed it near the monument thing at the building behind Candy.

Hey, difficulty is fine for as long as it is something you have to get better at, improve your skills. However, this is not the case with this mission. You just have to play it a few times to know how to do the jumps. I don't think there's any way for anyone to complete this mission without failing any of the jumps unless they carefully examine each ramp and rooftop, but even then there are some jumps that are bullsh*t and easy to fail.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

Played Vice City for a bit, and discovered that making money is very slow, compared to SA and III. I mean taxi missions and such only give you pennies.

But that is the only fault in this game that I see. Missions and stuff are pretty cool.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Supralux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

^ Do the "Brown Thunder" mission (Vigilante with the Hunter helicopter). I did 100 levels and I made over $18 million.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

For some reason the world of Vice City feels rather dull compared to the worlds of SA and III. Hard to say why. Vice City, despite it's name, just does not feel so alive as Liberty City of San Andreas do. There is no buzz in the air.

DwnShft2Xcelr8
  • DwnShft2Xcelr8

Hove Beach Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

I played VC a lot as a kid and I recently played it again, finishing the story a few days ago. I really enjoyed the game.
If you ignore the fact that the graphics look terrible compared to today's games, you'll enjoy the hell out of it.
My only real complaint is that some of the side missions sucked. I did all of them without cheats (vigilante missions, paramedic, firefighter, pizza boy, etc.), but they get boring fast. I liked the pizza boy mission, but if you finish it, that's it. You can't attempt it again.
The story was great, though. Being able to own side businesses was entertaining, too.

TonyMontanaCDL
  • TonyMontanaCDL

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:46 AM

No doubt that Vice City was a great game for it's time, but it sure hasn't aged well.  I first played Vice City a year or two ago.

I agree the visuals, sound and characters are great.  But it's the core GAME PLAY that's at fault.

Everything has improved over GTA III but the one thing they missed was the core gameplay (funny, huh).  There are some interesting missions, but most of them just follow the standard formula.

1. Drive to point A

2a. Shootout

2b. Car chase

3. Drive to point B

This was okay in GTA III because it was a first attempt, but for a sequel, this is not as acceptable.

Then go play GTA IV or V since this game is so bad. The gameplay in Vice City was a hundred times more fun than most of them.

It's 10 years old and still gets played the living hell out of. Your opinion is meaningless.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:22 AM

1. Drive to point A

2a. Shootout

2b. Car chase

3. Drive to point B

. Your opinion is meaningless.

At first I thought you were ok, but this post right here stamps your place among the other bitter and twisted GTA veterans that can't handle any sort of criticism towards the GTA III era GTAs, but don't mind dishing it out to GTA IV or GTA V.

Why you bumped a thread that was made over a month and a half ago to tell the guy to play GTA IV or GTA V and then say his opinion is meaningless (ignorance is bliss) I have no idea.

• Ermac. likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users