Photo

how to make GTA V work on the XBOX360 ?

13 replies to this topic
GTAsexyLover
  • GTAsexyLover

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

ok so i'm a PC gamer and I bought GTA V to the XBOX360 from a simple reason that I can't wait 1/2 year for the PC version.

so my brother is the owned of the XBOX360 and the XBOX360 is in a another room without a internet, and the XBOX360 wasn't updated for about 2 years..

and he don'e want me to move it to my room.. so it's a problem.. why? cuz I heard that when I will put in the disc of GTA V it's will ask me to update the dashboard or the game itself, and I can't update ! cuz there is no internet connection..

so what should I do? /: is there a way to play the game without updateing the dashboard ? 

odiedodi2
  • odiedodi2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

Probably not. Part of consoles anti-piracy strategy is that they make new games require the newest firmware version. This was common with the PSP, except that publishers would include the updates on disk if the updates were required to play. I didn't know that they actually did this on home consoles as well, but if you're telling the truth, you might be SOL.

GTAsexyLover
  • GTAsexyLover

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:01 AM

Probably not. Part of consoles anti-piracy strategy is that they make new games require the newest firmware version. This was common with the PSP, except that publishers would include the updates on disk if the updates were required to play. I didn't know that they actually did this on home consoles as well, but if you're telling the truth, you might be SOL.

so there is nothin to do..? /:

OddbalI
  • OddbalI

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

If you are on the internet now, it means you do have an internet connection. Use an internet cable (or buy one for a few bucks) to connect your console to your modem/router, and update!

Daviedv
  • Daviedv

Xbox-Daviedv

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:04 AM

Have you actually put the game in to see?

GTAsexyLover
  • GTAsexyLover

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:10 AM Edited by GTAsexyLover, 18 September 2013 - 09:11 AM.

If you are on the internet now, it means you do have an internet connection. Use an internet cable (or buy one for a few bucks) to connect your console to your modem/router, and update!

i'm on the computer right now, the XBOX360 isn't in my room, it's in my brother's room and there is no internet connection and he don't want me to conenct it to the internet and he don't want me to move the XBOX360 to my room.. 

no, the game will be in my hand in about 3-4 days cuz i ordered it from ZAVVI about 2 days ago.. but from what I heard , it will ask me to connect to a live account with a internet, and to update the dashboard. and it's impossible .. cuz there is no internet. 

pernaboy
  • pernaboy

Gangster sh*t

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

don't worry, I don't have internet too.... the game actually contain update files with itself, no need to worry ;)

GTAsexyLover
  • GTAsexyLover

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

don't worry, I don't have internet too.... the game actually contain update files with itself, no need to worry ;)

but i heard that I need to update the dashboard to make the game play, and the xbox wasn't updated for 2 years.. so what should I do? are u sure that i can play GTA V on a old dashbaord?

• pernaboy likes this

Malndor
  • Malndor

!?

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

Hey OP. It's pretty simple, just follow the directions of the Installation video. Hope it helps  :)

Stanyer
  • Stanyer

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:38 AM Edited by Stanyer, 18 September 2013 - 09:39 AM.

i'm on the computer right now, the XBOX360 isn't in my room, it's in my brother's room and there is no internet connection and he don't want me to conenct it to the internet and he don't want me to move the XBOX360 to my room.. 

no, the game will be in my hand in about 3-4 days cuz i ordered it from ZAVVI about 2 days ago.. but from what I heard , it will ask me to connect to a live account with a internet, and to update the dashboard. and it's impossible .. cuz there is no internet. 

What you can't either A) move it to your room for 10 whole minutes to plug it in and update it, or B) take the ethernet cable into the room it's in and connect it?

You need to sort that out first because your brother clearly has issues if he can't part with his xbox (which you're clearly going to be using anyway if you want to play GTA on it) for 10 minutes?

pernaboy
  • pernaboy

Gangster sh*t

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:07 AM

but i heard that I need to update the dashboard to make the game play, and the xbox wasn't updated for 2 years.. so what should I do? are u sure that i can play GTA V on a old dashbaord?

if you put a disk in your xbox , dashboard will be updated automatically.. 

GTAsexyLover
  • GTAsexyLover

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:03 PM Edited by GTAsexyLover, 18 September 2013 - 03:04 PM.

if you put a disk in your xbox , dashboard will be updated automatically.. 

how ? if there is nointernet connection .

What you can't either A) move it to your room for 10 whole minutes to plug it in and update it, or B) take the ethernet cable into the room it's in and connect it?

You need to sort that out first because your brother clearly has issues if he can't part with his xbox (which you're clearly going to be using anyway if you want to play GTA on it) for 10 minutes?

he said that he hacked it, and if i will update the XBOX with a internet it will remove the hack he did (he made the XBOX to read pirate games).. 

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:04 PM Edited by darkdayz, 18 September 2013 - 03:04 PM.

I had to do a system update for PS3 for the game. But I managed to do it with no internet. The disk for GTA V must of been carrying the firmware.

BoyzNGroveStreet
  • BoyzNGroveStreet

Gangster

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

You dont need internet to install or update fool..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users