Photo

Game is pure perfection

41 replies to this topic
Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

I must be playing a completely game than a lot of people on here, because what I've played has been absolutely perfect so far.

- The game world is amazing. I haven't even left the city yet, but it's crazy huge with such a crazy high amount of details. Compare this city to the one in a Saints Row game for example, and you'll see what I mean. Every single street is different than the other. 

- Story and voice acting is mind blowing so far. Rockstar are masters when it comes to this.

- Gameplay itself. Gunplay, controls, all of it is sweet. Love the side activities too.

- Car handling and damage is sweet. The cars are way easier to turn in GTA IV. It may not be super "realistic" (how many of you have actually been driving a sports car) but it sure is fun. Damage is also amazing, again with way more details than any of the other GTA games. No, the cars don't dent as easily, but when you've just spent thousands of dollars on customizing it, I'm not sure I want that anyway. If you still doubt the damage engine, put your car in front of a train and see what happens!

All in all, this is quite honestly the best game I've ever played. And that's something I can say after only six hours or so. 

(Yea yea, cool story bro and all that.. meh)

• AndrewDeSanta likes this

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:20 AM

The game is truly somthing to behold. Pretty incredible so far.

Stardog
  • Stardog

You can't eat the venetian blinds!

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:24 AM Edited by Stardog, 18 September 2013 - 07:24 AM.

Please stop overhyping it. It has most of the same gameplay problems GTA IV has. If you think V is perfection, then you must think IV is too.

• Malndor likes this

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

Please stop overhyping it. It has most of the same gameplay problems GTA IV has. If you think V is perfection, then you must think IV is too.

I liked IV a lot, yes. V just takes everything from that game and improves on it, which results in a pretty amazing experience. 

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:28 AM

Gameplay problems? I've had a flawless experience so far

OddbalI
  • OddbalI

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:29 AM

I'm really thinking that the people complaining have NOT played the game yet.

No issues, and enjoying the living **** E$#% and #@*$ out of it.

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:29 AM Edited by Punk Noodles, 18 September 2013 - 07:30 AM.

Same here. No more circling around doors, trying to make your character enter them. No more deaths because of a lackluster aiming system. Everything is tight and responsive. 

Like I read some of the negative posts on here, and I feel like I've been playing a completely different game than them. 

GTADKNUT
  • GTADKNUT

Stowaway

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:30 AM Edited by GTADKNUT, 18 September 2013 - 07:31 AM.

I Agree... 

Also map, is MUCH MUCH MUCH larger than first thought when not in the air..

Diverse, and very much alive:D Love it.. 

And I love how you have to progress the game to get new stuff, like new enterable locations, and new weapons, new clothes and such :D I love it. 

I dont even have access to scuba gear yet, and Ive been playing for 12 hrs :D 

downbounty
  • downbounty

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:32 AM

I love this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stardog
  • Stardog

You can't eat the venetian blinds!

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:43 AM Edited by Stardog, 18 September 2013 - 07:47 AM.

Same here. No more circling around doors, trying to make your character enter them. No more deaths because of a lackluster aiming system. Everything is tight and responsive. 

Like I read some of the negative posts on here, and I feel like I've been playing a completely different game than them. 

This is what I mean by overhyping. A "flawless" experience. Not a single thing wrong with it. Really??

Here's 2 already.

Can't save photos unless Social Club is online. You can't just save to your 250gb HD and you're limited to 99 images (I think?). I want to take 1000 photos of places.

Movement is poor/sluggish because the analog stick isn't utilised well. You can't decide your walk speed. He either walks or stands, making it difficult to navigate along edges of buildings or manoeuvre, especially if you move it far enough where the step animation occurs. It's not "tight and responsive".

And the usual problem in every GTA is that they take a long time to get into cars when being shot at, etc.

OddbalI
  • OddbalI

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

This is what I mean by overhyping. A "flawless" experience. Not a single thing wrong with it. Really??

Here's 2 already.

Can't save photos unless Social Club is online. You can't just save to your 250gb HD and you're limited to 99 images (I think?).

Movement is poor/sluggish because the analog stick isn't utilised well. You can't decide your walk speed. He either walks or stands, making it difficult to navigate along edges of buildings or manoeuvre, especially if you move it far enough where the step animation occurs. It's not "tight and responsive".

Your first 'issue' is that you need Xbox live Gold, nothing to do with SC online.

Your second 'opinion' is just that, a personal opinion. In MY opinion, the movement is very fluid and balanced.

V8VANTAGE
  • V8VANTAGE

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

The game is excellent, i'm a little concerned though because most people are saying the game runs quite smooth but it doesn't run that smooth for me. I installed disc 1 and have disc 2 running. It DOES run better than GTA IV but it still doesn't run that great. 

I get odd blips here and there where the whole game freezes for about 2-3 seconds (although the music doesn't freeze). The game almost goes down to a slideshow in some of the downtown areas. Having said that I don't get any real noticeable pop-in. Would installing disc 2 to a USB yield any performance?

OddbalI
  • OddbalI

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:00 AM

I play it the same way as you, and it never freezes or turns into a slideshow?

V8VANTAGE
  • V8VANTAGE

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:13 AM

I play it the same way as you, and it never freezes or turns into a slideshow?

It may be my xbox then? I'm going to delete some old demos and stuff off the HDD, clear the cache and see if it makes a difference. I got major performance problems when Franklin was driving to Michael's house whilst Simeon was shouting down the phone.

Malndor
  • Malndor

!?

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:42 AM

Nothing is perfect. The game was over hyped, just like another Skyrim.

kembo
  • kembo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

Hey V8Vantage, just had a thought when reading your comments. Might seem obvious but have you checked if your disk has a smudge or smear on it? I imagine the disk would have trouble loading data if that were the case and maybe that'd cause what you're seeing?

flyboy7
  • flyboy7

Girly boy

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

That's his opinion dickwad. He obviously loves gta enough to see beyond minor imperfections.
  • ShaneHaughey and ~OFWGKTA~ like this

Magna99
  • Magna99

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

Controlling the characters is a major improvement over IV, I would agree with fluid and responsive. Damage has the perfect balance because of how much you can spend on cars, you can still completely destroy your car, it just won't happen from one small mistake.

And Snapmatic is a social club feature, I have no problem with it cause I've used the social club for years for Midnight Club, RDR, LA Noire, GTA IV and Max Payne. It also makes it really easy to get your photos outside of the game. It would be cool if you save them just in your game gallery but whatever, I'm always connected. Much better than IV where you could take pics on your tiny phone and not save them or do anything with them.

Although it's never something I expected, I would have loved to see a proper dslr in the game, where you could set shutter speed, aperture and stuff. So you could get awesome shots of lightning and light trails. I'm just dreaming though, absolutely love the game.

Dirty_White_Boy
  • Dirty_White_Boy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

Hardly any interior enviroments and no houses to buy,   if only they had put that in it would have been perfect

dimitrispgr
  • dimitrispgr

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

I am at 15% or something and tnis is the best game i have ever played.

CM_Kimmy
  • CM_Kimmy

U WOT M8?

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

Loads of interiors. You just need to find them. A lot lot more than in GTA IV. Over 20 stores alone. 

ShaneHaughey
  • ShaneHaughey

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

Perfection? No. It's fighting with San Andreas for the top spot in my rankings of GTA games, but it has some flaws. Mechanics are improved across the board IMHO, and the gameplay itself feels much better than before. However, characters turning in small spaces can still be a small issue at times, and I've had some issues with texture pop in. Stock markets and businesses are good ways to earn money, but may be abandoned by the fanbase for the most part as earning the money back is slow and inefficient- if you can just rob stores online instead and make a lot more and be able to do it a lot more, then it weakens what could be a great feature.

The radio has been a disappointment, but it may grow on me. I still think the pinnacle of the talk radio segments was Vice City.

Beyond that, I dunno what to say. The game is incredibly strong and easily one of the best I've played in quite some time. 

GTAFanatic81
  • GTAFanatic81

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

Hardly any interior enviroments and no houses to buy,   if only they had put that in it would have been perfect

Mate.... Not everything is going to be unlocked right after install that would suck you have to go through the missions and unlock sh!t

Ive had no problems with the performance of the game I really liked the

Spoiler
that was alot of fun and I got through first go on the
Spoiler

• ShaneHaughey likes this

ECDT1089
  • ECDT1089

TheGamer

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:42 AM Edited by ECDT1089, 18 September 2013 - 09:46 AM.

The game is awesome! When I started Franklin's first mission, I was just amazed at all the surroundings. Still haven't been to the countryside or the Airport. BTW, has anybody encountered any wild animals yet?

LewisMiller
  • LewisMiller

Luton Tannnnnn

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

I agree, best game I've played since Red Dead Redemption.

LaDispute
  • LaDispute

Los Santos, baby!

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

Here's 2 already.

Can't save photos unless Social Club is online. You can't just save to your 250gb HD and you're limited to 99 images (I think?). I want to take 1000 photos of places.

And the usual problem in every GTA is that they take a long time to get into cars when being shot at, etc.

Are you high, this animations are super, super fluid.

GeckoWacko
  • GeckoWacko

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

There is nothing to hype its perfect and Its been a while a game stunned be graphicly on console. Driving is great the stiffness is way manouverable I can just cross cars all over the place which I like. Animations are awesome. Story awesome. Missions awesome. There's much more to do than just the 69 story missions. It will be 100+ hours gameplay cause I'm gonna take it slow and do the side sh*t before I end the game.

Can't wait for GTA online.

Magna99
  • Magna99

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

The game is awesome! When I started Franklin's first mission, I was just amazed at all the surroundings. Still haven't been to the countryside or the Airport. BTW, has anybody encountered any wild animals yet?

You wont see wild animals in the city, but you don't have to go far into the hills to see them

Perfection? No. It's fighting with San Andreas for the top spot in my rankings of GTA games, but it has some flaws. Mechanics are improved across the board IMHO, and the gameplay itself feels much better than before. However, characters turning in small spaces can still be a small issue at times, and I've had some issues with texture pop in. Stock markets and businesses are good ways to earn money, but may be abandoned by the fanbase for the most part as earning the money back is slow and inefficient- if you can just rob stores online instead and make a lot more and be able to do it a lot more, then it weakens what could be a great feature.

The radio has been a disappointment, but it may grow on me. I still think the pinnacle of the talk radio segments was Vice City.

Beyond that, I dunno what to say. The game is incredibly strong and easily one of the best I've played in quite some time. 

I wasn't too keen on the radio when I saw the track listing and the during the first few hours with the game but it's actually really good. San Andreas had my favourite radio before V and looking back on that I didn't know many of the songs before I played it, especially the songs from K Rose. I don't know a lot of the songs fro V either but I'm liking heaps that I've never heard

Polish_Trucker
  • Polish_Trucker

It's the Hoff, I've been on this beach since Baywatch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

BTW, has anybody encountered any wild animals yet?

A ran a 

Spoiler
over.. and some 
Spoiler

ShaneHaughey
  • ShaneHaughey

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

@Magna- I'm mostly a talk radio guy. The shows show promise but I haven't been able to hear them consistently. Chatterbox #1 station in my heart still!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users