Photo

Drunk Helicopter 4ever... :(

15 replies to this topic
tylerdale
  • tylerdale

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:51 AM

I have a PS3 and my friend did the drunk cheat and now when ever i get into a helicopter i become drunk how do i fix this?

sonic_blue
  • sonic_blue

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:28 AM

It's not a cheat, it's like that normally.  Rockstar thought it would be cool to destroy the handling of the helicopter so that pilots can no longer use the skill they developed of the last 5 years in GTA4.    This is probably to appease the dumb masses of noobs who cant be bothered piloting or learning how to shoot pilots out with the assault rifle / rocket launcher.

Bobbyleez
  • Bobbyleez

MARK NUTT!!

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:38 AM

It's not a cheat, it's like that normally.  Rockstar thought it would be cool to destroy the handling of the helicopter so that pilots can no longer use the skill they developed of the last 5 years in GTA4.    This is probably to appease the dumb masses of noobs who cant be bothered piloting or learning how to shoot pilots out with the assault rifle / rocket launcher.

It's called wind turbulence, check it out.
  • Mikeol2014 likes this

dg101
  • dg101

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:42 AM

Haha, I thought this was a thread in celebration of drunk helicopter piloting.  WOO!  DRUNK PILOTING FO' EVAH!

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:33 AM

Same goes for airplanes, turbulence and wind plays a part while flying.

chitoryu12
  • chitoryu12

Resident Actor, Dancer, and Singer

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:40 AM

Also, you should probably work on your flying skill. Even Trevor doesn't start maxed out, and there's a reason they open a flying school with a text to Trevor first. Improved flying skill reduces the amount of turbulence you suffer.

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

Bustre

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:01 AM

That only happens because the character you're using has very low flying skill. The difference is very noticeable once you unlock Trevor, and his flight skill can still be improved upon.

INFERNO E100
  • INFERNO E100

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:08 AM

use it more and level up your flight skill

same way as frank is way better in a car than the others etc etc

Corky McButterpants
  • Corky McButterpants

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

True Story :: Trevor actually gets his flying ability from copious amounts of Piβwasser!

Skeloton
  • Skeloton

Living Dead Gangster

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

For those stating that the flying skill helps? Have you maxed it out? Because i have and it doesnt seem to help. The turbulence is just way to much.

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

Also, you should probably work on your flying skill. Even Trevor doesn't start maxed out, and there's a reason they open a flying school with a text to Trevor first. Improved flying skill reduces the amount of turbulence you suffer.

I wonder if it's a bug... maxing the Flying skill removes most of the "drunk" effect from planes but makes no difference to helicopters. I tried that back-to-back with two characters last night, I accept the simulated-turbulence argument (and quite like the idea) but at the moment the heli-handling just doesn't seem to improve with skill.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

It's called wind turbulence, check it out.

This.
If anything they enhanced the handling.

Cyfun
  • Cyfun

Mowing down Hare Krishnas since 1997

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

Even with maxed flying ability on your character, it's insanely difficult to keep your airplane in control!  Real planes don't even see this much turbulence.  And the helicopters are just plain sloppy.  I think Rockstar got the physics backwards: Cars handle like helicopters, and helicopters handle like SUVs.

At least the plane's camera stays fixed behind it.  The helicopter's camera is all over the damn place.  Best bet is to switch to the cockpit view.

• sonic_blue likes this

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

planes are ok to fly but helicopters are a nightmare. i ragequit the flying school so many times. of course once you get used to it and your skill goes up then it just gets easier. 

SprunkJunkie
  • SprunkJunkie

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

There is wind in this game too and the wind varies at different elevations and wind changes around mountains and other landforms.  

igamedude
  • igamedude

World's Worst Gamer

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

I get that there should be wind turbulence but in no way do helicopters in real life act as if the pilot is drunk the whole time. The motions seems extremely exaggerated now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users