Photo

Screw you, Rockstar... GTA V *SPOILERS*

910 replies to this topic
Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

Why not kill Luis, anyway? I don't remember anyone liking the uptight, monotone, zombie douchebag.

You lost me here, Luis and TBOT was awesome imo. Still I think it was a shame how they killed off Johnny to make Trevor seem like a total unstable lunatic. 

Most missions are orchestrated by Lamar and his cronies... Even if R* doesn't give a f*ck about bikers or the Lost in general, I wish they'd at LEAST realize the entire GTA audience isn't the San Andreas and black, trashy street gang fanboys...

The amount of mafias and MCs in the Social Club crews is quite immense.

Wtf are you on about? There's hardly any Lamar or South Los Santos Missions, get your facts straight. 

You know how R* like to screw someone up, like...

"Oh, this character is so developed and lovable by many fans..... let's just kill him hahahahaa"

or maybe like Victor Vance,

Spoiler

Yeah they really screwed the vance brothers but in way I think it's cool how they went out, their story was interesting but it's really silly to say the guy in the intro shared any resemblance to Victor, should've kept it separate.

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

hmm now reading this again and thinking, i kinda came off as a dick, sorry.  i can see that some People grew attached to him, but there still has to be a border where we have to move on and think that it's just a Videogame afterall, some People really take it a bit too serious and emotional

Don't worry about it, it's mostly fair comment and at least you bothered to rationalize it. I know some think like you do and you're entitled to that opinion.

With any form of story telling (movies, books, games) people get attached to characters and identify with them and some people will get pissed off when something is badly written because they feel cheated and this is no exception. Obviously I strongly identify with Johnny for various reasons despite not being anything like him so yeah maybe I'm a little more passionate than most but I totally get where you are coming from here.

LuigiIsHungry
  • LuigiIsHungry

:D

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:00 PM

It did have a purpose, it was sort of Rockstar's way of saying "Look we'll show you how badass this character is by having him kill a character you thought was more badass". But yeah I can see how this pisses off TLAD fans, I was shocked as well.

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:34 PM Edited by FearTheLiving, 20 October 2013 - 08:24 PM.

It did have a purpose, it was sort of Rockstar's way of saying "Look we'll show you how badass this character is by having him kill a character you thought was more badass". But yeah I can see how this pisses off TLAD fans, I was shocked as well.

Which would have made more sense if it were a non-methed up powerful Lost. All that scene does is make Johnny look like a shell of himself that changed drastically and Trevor blind sighting him and killing him. Does it really make Trevor look more bad ass? Not in my opinion. If They had Trevor storming a Lost stonghold with Johnny (real Johnny) coming in later after Clay and Terry put up a hell of a fight then screaming at Trevor and charging him screaming suicidal sh*t like he did in TLaD that would have been far more true to the character. What we got was a character that went down without a fight and some great side characters that were treated as peons. 

Not only that the main Biker gang that should actually be in SA is not there. It's almost as if they just threw in the Lost for this controversy instead of using the gang that made the most sense (Angels of Death). That fact that Ashley, Johnny, Terry, Clay, and a huge number of The Lost are in SA is extremely stretching the logistics of all of it.

Just my opinion of course, some people like what they did personally I think it was an insult to the amazing story they told with TLAD which I feel felt more closely tied to the story of IV then TBOGT. 

• B Dawg likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

I pushed the red button!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

In my point of view, It is an insult. ''Screw you, your quality music, your beloved characters, your choppers, the handling physics, we're going to cater to the casuals and douchebags with mainstream sh*t, that's where the money is!''

• HoleInTheSky, Majestic81, ThroatSlasher2 and 1 other like this

Kayli
  • Kayli

Love Bites

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

I don't really know Johnny but I hate Trevor so much.. He's dirty nasty crazy and kills people for no reason ugh absolutely hate him-.-

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci Racing
  • Croatia

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:24 PM Edited by GTARandom, 20 October 2013 - 08:24 PM.

Johnny basically got killed because

Spoiler
, but then again
Spoiler

Still, that was such an unexpected decision by Rockstar and i don't like them for killing him :(

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

I don't really know Johnny but I hate Trevor so much.. He's dirty nasty crazy and kills people for no reason ugh absolutely hate him-.-

I'd recommend playing The Lost and Damned Johnny was a really interesting character.

• nobum62 likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

TOO HAWNEE TO FIGHT CRIME!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

See? Even people who DIDN'T identify with Johnny or the Lost didn't see any point to this scene, while those of us who died were felt cheated and pissed off...
But like Fear said; play TLaD... and IV, and TBoGT, far less rushed and more intelligently constucted stories that V... not to mention far superior characters...
  • nobum62 likes this

nobum62
  • nobum62

douchebag who owns a chromed zentornc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:36 AM

See? Even people who DIDN'T identify with Johnny or the Lost didn't see any point to this scene, while those of us who died were felt cheated and pissed off...
But like Fear said; play TLaD... and IV, and TBoGT, far less rushed and more intelligently constucted stories that V... not to mention far superior characters...

roman bellic, brucie kibbutz, johnny klebitz, yusuf amir, packie mcreary > pretty much all characters from GTA 5, although i don't dislike them

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:32 AM

roman bellic, brucie kibbutz, johnny klebitz, yusuf amir, packie mcreary > pretty much all characters from GTA 5, although i don't dislike them

Probably why three of those characters transfered over to V.
Granted, there are some diamonds in the rough; Michael, Lamar, Ron, but ultimately, not as memorable or in such large number as IV... But that's just my opinion of course.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:33 AM Edited by GtaIvFanboy, 21 October 2013 - 04:35 AM.

people are  saying ohh they only did it  to make Trevor look badass etc but i disagree i think there is a moral Behind the Story Ashley was always Nothing but bad news for johnny but he stayed with her he then went against his morals and  got Addicted to Meth he  pretty much made all the Wrong Decisions and got Punished for it   He was Truly Lost And Dammed.

but in my  Personal Opinion it was a wasted Storyline Opportunity   the whole war with the Lost MC was rushed and  keeping Johnny as the Same Badass we saw in LC Would of been Far more Interesting Trevor Vs The Real Johnny would of been Epic! 

• Drunken Cowboy, nobum62 and CharlesManson855 like this

LordWieslaw
  • LordWieslaw

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

Now Rockstar should issue separately game about motorcycle gangs.

93Sean93
  • 93Sean93

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:49 AM Edited by 93Sean93, 21 October 2013 - 11:50 AM.

Are people still going on about this? I think some of you need to draw the line between fiction and reality. If it pains you so much, go play TLAD and pretend none of this ever happened.

Not everyone shares your views on Johnny or the Lost, most people really couldn't care less. You make mention to Luis, if he would have been killed I'm sure you wouldn't give a sh*t. This is how the majority of GTA fans feel towards Johnny's death. The only ones still holding on are the biker wannabes who truly believe that the Lost are their "brespects to the dead. He claimed that he joined in with some words of his own and shed a few tears too. Really now?
others." I read about someone who snuck behind that Lost guy who was paying his r
Let it go. I don't know what you are expecting. Rockstar to come out and say, "Sorry brothers, Johnny isn't actually dead and the Lost control Blaine County. Lost MC for life?" Give me a f*cking break. Some of the best movies have the protagonist dying in the end, the shock value it brings is part of good film making.

The princess doesn't always find the prince and the hero doesn't always save the world.

Sick of assholes like you, f*ck you

• Deadly Target and Drunken Cowboy like this

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:06 PM Edited by Gst0395, 21 October 2013 - 05:07 PM.

I have to say, Johnny was probably favorite protagonist from the GTA IV trilogy. When it comes to Trevor or Ashley to blame for his death in GTA V, I'd blame Ashley. She somehow convinced Johnny to get back with her and eventually turn him into a skinny meth-addict. If anything, Trevor probably put him out of his misery. It was sad to see him die, but I guess they needed to do something by making Trevor a complete psycho right from the start.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:40 PM

Are people still going on about this? I think some of you need to draw the line between fiction and reality. If it pains you so much, go play TLAD and pretend none of this ever happened.

Not everyone shares your views on Johnny or the Lost, most people really couldn't care less. You make mention to Luis, if he would have been killed I'm sure you wouldn't give a sh*t. This is how the majority of GTA fans feel towards Johnny's death. The only ones still holding on are the biker wannabes who truly believe that the Lost are their "brespects to the dead. He claimed that he joined in with some words of his own and shed a few tears too. Really now?
others." I read about someone who snuck behind that Lost guy who was paying his r
Let it go. I don't know what you are expecting. Rockstar to come out and say, "Sorry brothers, Johnny isn't actually dead and the Lost control Blaine County. Lost MC for life?" Give me a f*cking break. Some of the best movies have the protagonist dying in the end, the shock value it brings is part of good film making.

The princess doesn't always find the prince and the hero doesn't always save the world.

Can you at the very least give any reasons as to why you're sick of people like him, rather than flaming him?

Lewis Chappers
  • Lewis Chappers

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:53 AM Edited by Lewis Chappers, 23 October 2013 - 12:55 AM.

Johnny Klebitz was my favorite character in the Grand Theft Auto IV Trilogy ;/ It sucked that they killed him off the way that they did. He should have been a HUGE part of the game; the main antagonist of Trevor Phillips, even.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:26 AM Edited by Peachrocks, 23 October 2013 - 04:27 AM.

Can you at the very least give any reasons as to why you're sick of people like him, rather than flaming him?

It's been explained plenty of times which is why they are sick of it but why not? Let's do this again.

It's not the fact he died, it's HOW. No one expects Rockstar to say 'Hey Johnny didn't actually die from the stomping' or whatever. It's the fact a man who we played as and shared his story and amongst other things broke into a prison with the sole purpose of killing one man and got away with it.

It's the fact that what happened in GTA V goes so far against Johnny's character and all of it was engineered and written for the sole purpose of making Trevor seem like a bad ass. It reads exactly like how someone would write their self inserted original character in fanfiction killing a main character they don't like.

Yes, it could have happened that way but again like I said earlier it's equally likely Johnny also could have worked for a secret organization for the sole purpose of bringing down corruption which is why he joined the Lost in the first place rather than the army like his brother. Neither is good writing, but it's just on the other end of the spectrum.

It's not about 'biker wannabes' either. The Lost or more specifically Johnny, Terry, Clay and Jim go against the usual stereotypes which considering they are already part of an outsider group is saying something and their characters are very deep in consequence. Three of these guys are then killed off by a character who has less depth than a kiddy pool in a way that makes Johnny as significant as a minor character and Terry and Clay random mooks. That is going to trigger a sense of injustice

Sure not everyone likes Johnny and the depth those characters brought but you just don't isolate a part of your audience like that, so killing Luis off in a similar fashion would probably trigger a similar reaction from the crowd who liked him. If Trevor was the antagonist who we were meant to kill at some stage, this writing would make perfect sense but it's the reverse. In all honesty though, I hate Trevor more for

Spoiler
than for what he did to Johnny and a certain ending in V doesn't resolve the plot so that's not exactly satisfying either. 

All 93Sean93 is sick of is people unable to understand just why we are so pissed off and saying blanket statements while completely failing to understand why we are pissed off in the first place. I'm not saying he isn't entitled to his opinion in not giving a sh*t about Johnny but some people do and as I said, you just don't isolate a part of your audience like this.

• Ermac. likes this

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:57 PM Edited by nobum62, 23 October 2013 - 02:04 PM.

^ next time someone says "hurr durr ya go ahed an keep cryign bout jonny's death u losers", just copy and paste instead of rewriting everything

anyway, you guys upset about how easily johnny-boy was killed? despise trevor? wish the same could happen to him? then look no further and watch this video 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=H9V-PM5myeo

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

^ next time someone says "hurr durr ya go ahed an keep cryign bout jonny's death u losers", just copy and paste instead of rewriting everything

anyway, you guys upset about how easily johnny-boy was killed? despise trevor? wish the same could happen to him? then look no further and watch this video 

The thing is though that they each say something slightly different so it has to be said again in a slightly different way.

I did lol at your video though and have totally not done that before.

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

The thing is though that they each say something slightly different so it has to be said again in a slightly different way.

I did lol at your video though and have totally not done that before.

not my video but i thought it was worth sharing

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

Yeah I'm familiar with the person who made it. Hadn't seen that one though.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:25 AM Edited by ThroatSlasher2, 24 October 2013 - 05:26 AM.

I am totally going to replay GTA IV, TLAD and TBOGT stories completely again. But, I think I should play them in chronological order, say, play a few missions of IV, then switch to TLAD, advance in the story to the point where Faustin is killed for example, and then switch back to IV. Oh my god. Never thought I'd say this but ... IV is better. Yep .. it's better than V.

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

I am totally going to replay GTA IV, TLAD and TBOGT stories completely again. But, I think I should play them in chronological order, say, play a few missions of IV, then switch to TLAD, advance in the story to the point where Faustin is killed for example, and then switch back to IV. Oh my god. Never thought I'd say this but ... IV is better. Yep .. it's better than V.

If you're going to do that. This will help put quite a bit if you're going for the most chronological you can with the information we're given. 

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

Cheater Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

I bet that if GTA 4 Johnny met Trevor it wouldn't had been the same.

I am sure that if GTA 4 Johnny met GTA 5 Johnny, he would had beaten his own future counterpart for messing up.

I can imagine him punching himself haha.

• nobum62 likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

I bet that if GTA 4 Johnny met Trevor it wouldn't had been the same.

I am sure that if GTA 4 Johnny met GTA 5 Johnny, he would had beaten his own future counterpart for messing up.

I can imagine him punching himself haha.

"TIME TO CHECK YOURSELF OUT OF THE GENE POOL, POORLY-WRITTEN FUTURE ME!"
  • nobum62 likes this

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

Well, leftover files of a possible DLC indicate the death of

Spoiler
Spoiler
and
Spoiler

This is not confirmed, but there are files where those exact things can be found.

Anzand17
  • Anzand17

V.I.P

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

Spoiler
Spoiler
and
Spoiler

This is not confirmed, but there are files where those exact things can be found.

For some reason, I highly doubt this. But then again. Rockstar is extremely unpredictable. And i believe that kates death was canon so that explains why Roman is still alive.

MMC_BITW
  • MMC_BITW

Nobody Interesting

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

Why are you so worrying? Most likely he spawned at the nearest hospital.

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

Spoiler
Spoiler
and
Spoiler

I read this North Yankton thread too and knowing Rockstar, I wouldn't doubt it but they could be just pulling everyone's chain, knowing people would find that stuff and then go against it.

That said I always felt the Revenge ending was canon because it would go completely against Niko's beliefs and character to accept the deal. He just sounds conflicted so the player has an actual choice,

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users