Screw you, Rockstar... GTA V *SPOILERS*

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,580 replies to this topic
NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

Before GTA V was released I decided to hype myself up a bit by playing some TLaD, since I felt that I never really spent that much time in it.

The day before I was super hyped. I felt sorry for what happened him in TLaD, and I actually cared for him. I was wondering if he was going to make an appearance in GTA V.

And then I played the mission. The moment you gained control of Trevor after killing Johnny I just paused the game and wondered "Did that just happen?". The driving part just felt empty and I barely listened to what Trevor or his minions said. And then I got to the Terry and Clay part. I figured that they sure as hell wasn't gonna give up without a fight. The next thing you know they where fleeing with they're tails between their legs. Really Rockstar? Is this really what would have happened? The remaining part of the mission felt just like the drive to T and C, absolutely empty. 

I was extremely disappointed in Rockstar, and I could barely even play Trevor after this event. Now I just hope that they will make a DLC story starring Johnny prior to what happened so that you could see exactly how he turned into a meth addict and sh*t, but Rockstar are probably just going to focus on the online portion.

Oh My God!!

I feel so bad for you, you must be emotionally scarred!

What are you planning on achieving with this? No really, I'm curious

Nothing

I just think you reacted in a weird way after seeing Johnny's death

oGeesKeeMasK
  • oGeesKeeMasK

Asses 2 Asses - Bust 2 Bust

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:19 PM

U know what? Now that you've mentioned it, I could be recalling incorrectly but isn't this the same team that tried to take out Billy? I really wasn't feeling that as far as the Lost in general. I don't remember clearly but I think that they succeeded, if so then it's good for Johnny, one good turn deserves another, if not then Johnny really just got one up'd.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

Before GTA V was released I decided to hype myself up a bit by playing some TLaD, since I felt that I never really spent that much time in it.

The day before I was super hyped. I felt sorry for what happened him in TLaD, and I actually cared for him. I was wondering if he was going to make an appearance in GTA V.

And then I played the mission. The moment you gained control of Trevor after killing Johnny I just paused the game and wondered "Did that just happen?". The driving part just felt empty and I barely listened to what Trevor or his minions said. And then I got to the Terry and Clay part. I figured that they sure as hell wasn't gonna give up without a fight. The next thing you know they where fleeing with they're tails between their legs. Really Rockstar? Is this really what would have happened? The remaining part of the mission felt just like the drive to T and C, absolutely empty. 

I was extremely disappointed in Rockstar, and I could barely even play Trevor after this event. Now I just hope that they will make a DLC story starring Johnny prior to what happened so that you could see exactly how he turned into a meth addict and sh*t, but Rockstar are probably just going to focus on the online portion.

Oh My God!!

He's using his real picture and wearing sunglasses while looking off seriously into the distance, don't mess with him for your own safety.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

U know what? Now that you've mentioned it, I could be recalling incorrectly but isn't this the same team that tried to take out Billy? I really wasn't feeling that as far as the Lost in general. I don't remember clearly but I think that they succeeded, if so then it's good for Johnny, one good turn deserves another, if not then Johnny really just got one up'd.

Yeah, they succeeded. The Lost are, or in R*'s case "were" a group of bad motherf*ckers. Now they're some dumb, meth'd up NPCs that you're forced to kill in virtually 2/3 of GTA Online's missions, at least so far.

• Niobium and robbietd24 like this

oGeesKeeMasK
  • oGeesKeeMasK

Asses 2 Asses - Bust 2 Bust

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

Yeah, they succeeded. The Lost are, or in R*'s case "were" a group of bad motherf*ckers. Now they're some dumb, meth'd up NPCs that you're forced to kill in virtually 2/3 of GTA Online's missions, at least so far.

True. So do the Angels of Death take over now? Yeah? Hell no?

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

Oh My God!!

He's using his real picture and wearing sunglasses while looking off seriously into the distance, don't mess with him for your own safety.

Yeah, otherwise I'll smash your brains out.

Niobium
  • Niobium

fu*k

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:17 PM Edited by nobum62, 15 October 2013 - 08:17 PM.

wtf rockstar? i hadn't known about this. i haven't played a lot of online since my character who looks like me and even had a F*CKING GAUNTLET (which is the equivalent of a camaro in GTA) got deleted due to their sh*tty servers. i rage quitted.

back on topic, why rockstar? why choose the lost to be our enemy? why can't you at least force us to kill gangs we don't like instead? (i.e. Angels of Death, Ballas, Vagos)

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

wtf rockstar? i hadn't known about this. i haven't played a lot of online since my character who looks like me and even had a F*CKING GAUNTLET (which is the equivalent of a camaro in GTA) got deleted due to their sh*tty servers. i rage quitted.

back on topic, why rockstar? why choose the lost to be our enemy? why can't you at least force us to kill gangs we don't like instead? (i.e. Angels of Death, Ballas, Vagos)

There's a little bit of messing those two up, but that's just for the limited urban missions. Pretty much EVERY Blaine County mission (so far for me) is given by Ron and Trevor, and you usually f*ck up The Lost. There's like one or two where you kill military and hillbilly meth heads... why couldn't that have been it for the rest of them? Maybe IIB? Merryweather? Altruist Cult? They had a lot of options, but the Lost take most of the hits...

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

Yeah it annoys me too because I outright refuse to do it. I'm VP of the Lost MC crew in Australia, I'm not killing my brothers no matter how methed up they are. Its ridiculous though because almost all of Ron and Trevor's missions are anti Lost. One time four of the missions on my phone were anti Lost, not cool Rockstar, not cool...

If it is online focus can we please have some counter missions that are pro Lost? Seriously? I would love to do some property damage to Trevor Phillips Industries.

If my friends force me into anti Lost missions, I just contribute by throwing tear gas everywhere...

I think the worst part though is that even after all this time and the second blow of all the anti lost stuff in online is that I still cannot come up with a satisfying reason why the hell RS would isolate a part of their audience like this. An audience that paid for and enjoyed DLC no less...
  • gunziness, HoleInTheSky and robbietd24 like this

Joestar
  • Joestar

I'll be the roundabout

• Members

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:35 AM Edited by Joestar, 18 October 2013 - 08:39 AM.

TLAD was easily my favorite part of GTA IV, I was happy as hell to finally get a game story that's focused on biker gangs for once instead of just having them as some side-point or as paid goons.

But anyway, when I saw GTA V was going back to the GTA-verse version of California I was hyped. All the desert and country landscape? That'd be some perfect backdrop for biker missions! Then I actually get into the game and R* does this sh*t, which I really still don't get. They could've used any other number of gangs and I would've been completely fine and even had fun with it. Them doing a complete 180 on Johnny then killing him and making The Lost full lackey status just frustrated me, it didn't make Trevor seem "crazy" or anything like that, which is what I imagine they were going for. It didn't flesh out Trevor, it didn't make him interesting, his missions that constantly went back to The Lost out of nowhere weren't fun, it just made me sad because they completely wasted the perfect opportunity for more interesting missions in the rugged parts of Los Santos.

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Dullard

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:44 PM

I hope Rockstar speak out in their next Q&A about this. 

IcePwrd
  • IcePwrd

Child of GabeN

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:20 AM

wait wait wait, your telling me there are people out there that actually liked Johnny? people actually liked that asshole?

I thought that scene was a great intro to Trevor's character

Niobium
  • Niobium

fu*k

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:37 AM

wait wait wait, your telling me there are people out there that actually liked Johnny? people actually liked that asshole?

ERMAHGERD JERRNY KERBIRTZ WERS A BIRG ARSSHERL *gives no reasons/evidence to support claim* WHY DER PERPLE LIRK HIRM.

IT WERS GERD INTROR FER TREVER *again gives no reasons why*

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:19 AM

ERMAHGERD JERRNY KERBIRTZ WERS A BIRG ARSSHERL *gives no reasons/evidence to support claim* WHY DER PERPLE LIRK HIRM.

IT WERS GERD INTROR FER TREVER *again gives no reasons why*

What do you expect from people who don't like Johnny? Most of his depth and likability go straight over the head of a average Trevorlike GTA player. These qualities are often confused for 'whining' therefore they don't like him. 

I guarantee you that they couldn't have a reasoned out argument of why Johnny isn't a good character. Especially when next to Trevor who is specifically designed to appeasing these people.

• Niobium likes this

williamp556
  • williamp556

Grandmaster

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:53 AM

I just got to that part too, can't explain how pissed i got. I really like Johnny and wtf they did with him... he acted so different like a pussy, it made me so fcking pissed, Trevor fcking his girl and then beating him up WTFFFF, i actually let the bikers kill Trevor several times during the mission to avange!

I did the same thing and 

Spoiler

Joestar
  • Joestar

I'll be the roundabout

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:48 AM

Then you have really bad taste. Even if it wasn't Johnny or The Lost, that whole intro reeked of trying way too hard to make Trevor look "edgy" or "crazy" for people who eat that kind of flimsy characterization up.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

Then you have really bad taste. Even if it wasn't Johnny or The Lost, that whole intro reeked of trying way too hard to make Trevor look "edgy" or "crazy" for people who eat that kind of flimsy characterization up.

I agree. It served no purpose. It gave trevor an excuse to kill lost members for 2-3 missions and that was it. It didn't progress the story in anyway. Why did the lost just back off? They still have a chapter in LS, so why didn't R* save someone important like Terry or Clay as a boss if the deathwish option was taken? It doesn't even make Trevor look badass, "Oh look he killed a methhead with his guard down, what a badass."

• Niobium likes this

Niobium
  • Niobium

fu*k

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

(Trevor's intro) served no purpose. It gave trevor an excuse to kill lost members for 2-3 missions and that was it. It didn't progress the story in anyway.

i strongly agree. hell you can even take johnny klebitz and the lost out of GTA 5 and the game would still be coherent

JordCorner
  • JordCorner

Smoke Show

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

Heres the way I look at it; before GTA V - there were hundreds of thousands of people saying that GTA IV fell short of their expectations. I, liked the original story, however I felt that TBoGT and TLAD were lacking something. They were expansion packs, installments, DLC's, however you want to describe them.. but I felt they didn't really expand the game enough for me. From what I've read online, on many forums, a large group of individuals feel the same.

What I think? I think that this was a symbolic death, Rockstar leaving TLAD in the past. It was a failure really.. It could have been such a great story, hell, Rockstar has GTA all about a life of gangster related crime. Red Dead Redemption is set in the Wild West era (and it's f*cking great may I add?) So I can actually see potential for a biker game made by Rockstar; It'd be great, really.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

Well imagine it was like twat sparkle or rainbow gash's head getting smashed in! Then what would you think?

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

GTA Online is set a few months before story mode. So Johnny and Ashley are still alive Online. Rockstar could create new online missions with them.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

[quote name="Magic_Al" post="1063809894" timestamp="1382199386"]GTA Online is set a few months before story mode. So Johnny and Ashley are still alive Online. Rockstar could create new online missions with them.[/quote

Except instead we get Trevor and Ron, who almost entirely have us rolling on Lost for reasons as stupid enough as getting one of their vans.
On a super side-note, why the hell can't we own Lost vans?! Are you seriously gonna put a not-so-subtle A-Team reference in the game and not let us use it, Rockstar?!

Joestar
  • Joestar

I'll be the roundabout

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

On a super side-note, why the hell can't we own Lost vans?! Are you seriously gonna put a not-so-subtle A-Team reference in the game and not let us use it, Rockstar?!

Hell why can't we own almost any vans period? I took a Lost van, couldn't store it. Took a rumpo I was gonna slap the Lost eagle on, couldn't store it. Tried another I can't remember the name of, couldn't store it either. Some of the disallowed vehicles are just bizarre.

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

Here are the reasons I don't like how they treated The Lost and it's crew and why a lot of it made very little sense.

-Johnny on Meth (Though it's possible that he went back to meth it's highly unlikely seeing as Johnny is against it from the beginning of The Lost and Damned to the very end, and is the only member to keep a level head throughout.)

-Johnny with Ashley (Again it's possible he got back together with her, however The Lost and Damned tried to make it very clear that he was done with her.)

-The Lost in San Andreas (Clay was the only member of The Lost trinity that wanted to expand and explore new areas with the Lost. The Lost's rivals The Angels of Death's birthplace is San Andreas meaning the Lost would be heading deep into enemy territory while at their weakest.)

So I may have accepted one of those happening but all three just screams like they forced The Lost into San Andreas and the Trevor scene only adds to that. Trevor should have been dealing with the Angels not The Lost and we should have seen them in another game or in some other fashion. The simple fact that R* would just sh*t on Johnny fans pisses me off a bit even going so far has to have Trevor missions online to get a van so he can f*ck Ashley. I mean come on killing him and giving us no answers as to how he and the Lost ended up this way wasn't enough now they rub it in our faces?

I'll be the first to say that I don't mind R* killing off characters but the way they handled this one was a pretty big insult to not only the fans but to the already established story and characters, and regardless if they didn't like being "forced" to make DLC they shouldn't treat it as if it was the plague.

Side Note: On the topic of online I'm severely disappointed in the lack of Harley type bikes and the fact that they diminished the role of Johnny's Hexer as it's almost seems like a standard to Lost members now (aside from the Deamon). 

lucifieraies
  • lucifieraies

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

They killed to introduce new and old characters

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:49 AM

FearTheLiving: although it's an easy answer, it's also true: five years is a long time, and anything could have happened. I don't know if anyone writes GTA fan fiction (probably) but there are a lot of ways to write a believable story of how they ended up there. The key is, Johnny could say he was done with Ashley a million times but he'd always rush to save her when she would get in imminent danger. He was never going to get away from her.

sukmieazz
  • sukmieazz

Put out to pasture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:17 AM

It is sad that he died. I'm still not happy about it, nor will I ever be, but I don't hate Trevor for it. I was mad at T for a while but I eventually got over it. I can't help but wonder if Johnny (and the lost) will come back in Undead Nightmare style for GTA V DLC.... ZOMBIE JOHNNY FTW!!!

LordWieslaw
  • LordWieslaw

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:29 AM Edited by LordWieslaw, 20 October 2013 - 11:30 AM.

It is sad that he died. I'm still not happy about it, nor will I ever be, but I don't hate Trevor for it. I was mad at T for a while but I eventually got over it. I can't help but wonder if Johnny (and the lost) will come back in Undead Nightmare style for GTA V DLC.... ZOMBIE JOHNNY FTW!!!

Then Johnny could live, because the storyline GTA V does not fit to this DLC.

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

FearTheLiving: although it's an easy answer, it's also true: five years is a long time, and anything could have happened. I don't know if anyone writes GTA fan fiction (probably) but there are a lot of ways to write a believable story of how they ended up there. The key is, Johnny could say he was done with Ashley a million times but he'd always rush to save her when she would get in imminent danger. He was never going to get away from her.

I used to read a few good ones, I had an eye for it but not in GTA and am somewhat a writer myself who thinks about themes and why things are or aren't pleasing, not only from a reading standpoint but from a gameplay point too.

Now if we want a simple explanation as how it came to pass it's pretty easy. Johnny wanted to make the pain of everything go away, the events of TLAD (losing Jim, his club, his brothers, dealing with betrayal etc.) so progressively got tempted by meth and other things.

However this doesn't make for satisfying reading which is ultimately why everyone is pissed off in the first place. It could have happened, but by stretching the logic the other way Johnny could have worked for a secret government organization made to dealing with corruption with America which is ultimately the reason he joined The Lost in the first place instead of the army like his brother and basically be the hero he always wanted to be. Unlikely as hell? Definitely, but what actually happened in GTA V is equally unlikely based on the events of TLAD, it's just at the other end of the spectrum.

Johnny's death at Trevor's hand looks like a scene written by a bad fanfiction writer who killed a character they didn't like with their new OC who is an obvious self insert. That is how it reads to me but he gets away with it because of all the wrapping paper which most fanfiction authors don't have the benefit of. Everything reads this way, from Johnny's fall to Terry and Clay's deaths and general reduction to 'mook' status for the Lost in general in both story mode and online.

If I had to write Johnny getting to that stage, it would be far less depressing at first, him actually getting where he wants and things going right, until something goes catastrophically wrong through no fault of his own and he gets to the point where he borderline welcomes death.

Then Johnny could live, because the storyline GTA V does not fit to this DLC.

Please no. The Lost have suffered enough. I do not want to have to kill Zombie Johnny as well. If there's going to be Lost based character content, have Jim still be alive (to explain the friggin retcon and the missing 2 million) with Angus figuring it out. Don't know/care if it should be Lost themed, but at least give those two a happy ending.

Ankou
  • Ankou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:47 PM Edited by Ankou, 20 October 2013 - 03:30 PM.

I didnt mind when Johnny got killed in fact i killed ashley, ashley was a driving force behind Johnnys decay and he turned him into a drug addict wrack, just like herself. i  shot both of them with my shotgun countless times and laughed my ass off, because dead Johnny had a seizure or something.  about 10 minutes later i decided to replay TLAD and messed around with Johnny again. whats the big deal? guys, dont put too much emotional thought into a Video game. and no i am not a heartless bastard lacking empathy, nor in real life nor in games, i felt very uncomfortable when torturing that one guy for example. but comparing ones empathy over a Videogame where morality isnt playing a role is dumb to begin with.

for me These are Videogame characters and nothing more, i didnt get emotionally attached to either of the IV protagonists (probably Niko bellic more than the others), and even if i wouldnt care, i mean These are just some polygon models, they are nonexistant and only virtual for f*cks sake, i'd rather care about things that are real but not being offended like a Little kid over this and cry around  and being totally butthurt, it is somewhat ridiculous and exagerated. Sure his dead was an incitement to many Players, but Rockstar is accountable to none, the reason why they killed him off, was just to Show how "badass" or psychotic Trevor is, first he is like hugging  that guy and it seems he calmed down and in the next secound he just crushes his head. i agree however, they easily have just used another biker gang, and using the Lost was a bit of an risky move.

What about Trevor? He is a jerk and abuses weakers, murderers innocent People and even is accused of cannibalism,  if he would be a real Person, i would hate him. but in GTA V i am playing Trevor, it's just what he is and what makes him Special. not to mention that he isnt all evil, People who say that , havent fully understood the storyline or are just so butthurt about Johnny death, that they cant see the other side in him, aside from the crazy Psychopath.

CJ, Franklin, Trevor are my fav. characters.  I didnt like Michael that much because he is quite selfish and somewhat arrogant, but i can understand his Actions from his Point of view...

now hate on me...

hmm now reading this again and thinking, i kinda came off as a dick, sorry.  i can see that some People grew attached to him, but there still has to be a border where we have to move on and think that it's just a Videogame afterall, some People really take it a bit too serious and emotional

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users