• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,580 replies to this topic
B Dawg
  • B Dawg

You go OTB more than me man!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

The minority always get screwed. But come on, killing Johnny Terry Clay without a good boss fight? Awful.

• Arrowtotheface and Drunken Cowboy like this

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:26 PM Edited by Peachrocks, 20 September 2013 - 08:27 PM.

It's all well and good saying that Johnny's actions prior to his death were cowardly and completely out of character, but having read a lot of the posts, it's pretty clear that people have shown little to know regard to the fact that we don't know what happened to Johnny during the five years between the two stories.

It's all very well and good saying that Johnny was this, that or the other in TLaD, but you've got to be downright naive to believe that the events that occurred throughout the story wouldn't have left any form of emotional scar on the man. Fighting a losing battle to keep the woman he loved clean, finding out that his best friend had murdered and killing a man that he once considered to be his brother would have left him broken. When you've hit rock bottom, it's easy to abandon your morals and beliefs.

While Johnny is among my favourite protagonists, when taking into account just how easy it to fall, the manner in which he died feels "right" to me.

No you misunderstand me :). Trevor is the cowardly one not Johnny, I made it quite clear in one of my longer posts that it is pretty easy to understand how Johnny could be thus way.

I just don't see Johnny letting his guard down so much against Trevor. The fact he died while 'protecting' Ashley is fitting but how it happened felt all wrong. It could have been written differently while still having Trevor kill him but minus the hate. Somewhat similar to how Niko kills Jim.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

Even after all our real FORCED rationalizations (that I REALLY doubt R* considered)
- He was a broken man from "failure to 'save' Ash"
- Being forced to kill Billy
- Losing Brian, Jason, especially Jim, and half his club to Brian's faction.
- Having his club beat into submission by the police, FBI, Brian's faction, all GTA IV era protagonists, the Triads, and the mob.

No one has even tried to rationalize Terry and Clay's deaths. We BARELY could for Johnny without sounding forced, but there REALLY is no good justification for bringing C and T back to f*cking kill them.

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:56 PM

Terry and Clay's deaths I can swallow a little more easily, especially when compared to Johnny's. The thing felt like something an amateur fanfiction author would write to make their new OC seem badass or cold while making a character they aren't so fond of appear weak.

I'm not saying Johnny shouldn't be weakened, of course he should, but to that level... it's very hard to swallow.

Terry and Clay's were just an extension of this amateur sentiment but at least they got to go in a 'him or me' situation and makes it easier to accept. As for rationalization, DeafMetal covered it, 'you lead that sort of life, that's what's going to happen'. It sucks, especially considering other characters have done far worse for far lesser reasons then Johnny, Clay and Terry and have come off glowing, but again 'life isn't fair' that's a big theme of the Lost, and ultimately no matter how hard the three attempted to escape from that fate, they just couldn't.

The Sniper Guy
  • The Sniper Guy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:49 PM

Why was he killed? Drama, that's why. Having Trevor brutally murder a former protagonist in his first mission really leaves a good impression of his craziness to the player. He didn't deserve a 'hero's' death, he was just another guy in a world of crime and I'm kinda glad that Rockstar don't treat their characters as invincible. This was much better than just having him be forgotten in the franchise's history.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:35 AM

I think it was meant to show that Trevor is a complete and utter f*cking sociopath. Yeah it was pretty sad seeing the state johnny k was reduced to.

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

Livin' It Up At The Hotel California

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:25 AM

Most of us (or at least I am and I think this is why) hate it because of this:

Not TOTALLY because Johnny got killed but partially... The other part being because Johnny just took it. Given he might not have been able to get up when he was thrown down, but if he was associated with and knew Trevor why the f*ck would he let him hug him? Grab his foot or something don't just let him stomp the sh*t out of you!

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:35 AM Edited by thegtaman531, 22 September 2013 - 01:39 AM.

Jesus Christ guys. He's just a fictional character, I loved Johnny as a character and I admit his death was a bit of an overkill but you dont need to overreact. Remember Vic? He was another protagonist that was killed off, nobody got pissed at that.
They wouldn't kill people like Niko or CJ off because they are from main games. VCS and TLAD are smaller games, that some may seem to forget about. It was an example to show Trevor's psychopathy by killing one of the protagonists.

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:21 AM

I still don't get why everyone is defending Johnny so much, I agree he was a great character and the story of The Lost and Damned was amazing, but at the end of the day he was a complete f*cking idiot. He ruined his club with his simple greediness when he decided to rip off Ray Boccino. Jim ended up dead, and the entire chapter was forced out of Liberty City, and for what? For them to get petty cash. Cash that Johnny ended up blowing on meth probably because all the sh*t that happened to him f*cked his mind over real good. He was a broken man and a f*cking idiot.

To be honest, I'm more sorry for Terry and Clay. Those guys followed this f*cking moron into the sunset with such loyalty only to end up dead along with him. End of the day, Johnny screwed pretty much EVERYONE in the Lost over. He's a brilliant character and I see his reasoning and cut him slack because he only wanted to have peace within the club and live an easy life, but he made dumb decisions and you can't deny it. His final dumb decision was trying to look tough one last time before breaking down like a goddamn pansy and trusting that Trevor wouldn't lash out. He f*cked over too many people in his life and so in the end, I can't feel too much remorse for him. He certainly didn't deserve some far-fetched hero's death, unless it would have involved him being shown as the complete dumbass that he is.

When Jim, Terry and Clay died, that was sad, they were genuine guys who didn't screw over anyone and simply tried to keep things afloat and stay loyal. Let's face it, Johnny probably would have become the next Billy Grey before so long and ended up killed at the hands of his own guys anyway. Truly, they are/were 'Lost and Damned', and it all comes down to stupid actions by their leaders. I give Rockstar props for this, it's much better than just leaving out The Lost and having some new gang that no one cares about take their place. We have to remember, the protagonists are ordinary people in an ordinary world, and Johnny's death could have just as easily been someone elses.

Johnny Klebitz. Lost, but not forgotten. Let the guy rest in peace.

• Peachrocks likes this

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:19 AM Edited by Peachrocks, 22 September 2013 - 06:22 AM.

I still don't get why everyone is defending Johnny so much, I agree he was a great character and the story of The Lost and Damned was amazing, but at the end of the day he was a complete f*cking idiot. He ruined his club with his simple greediness when he decided to rip off Ray Boccino. Jim ended up dead, and the entire chapter was forced out of Liberty City, and for what? For them to get petty cash. Cash that Johnny ended up blowing on meth probably because all the sh*t that happened to him f*cked his mind over real good. He was a broken man and a f*cking idiot.

To be honest, I'm more sorry for Terry and Clay. Those guys followed this f*cking moron into the sunset with such loyalty only to end up dead along with him. End of the day, Johnny screwed pretty much EVERYONE in the Lost over. He's a brilliant character and I see his reasoning and cut him slack because he only wanted to have peace within the club and live an easy life, but he made dumb decisions and you can't deny it. His final dumb decision was trying to look tough one last time before breaking down like a goddamn pansy and trusting that Trevor wouldn't lash out. He f*cked over too many people in his life and so in the end, I can't feel too much remorse for him. He certainly didn't deserve some far-fetched hero's death, unless it would have involved him being shown as the complete dumbass that he is.

When Jim, Terry and Clay died, that was sad, they were genuine guys who didn't screw over anyone and simply tried to keep things afloat and stay loyal. Let's face it, Johnny probably would have become the next Billy Grey before so long and ended up killed at the hands of his own guys anyway. Truly, they are/were 'Lost and Damned', and it all comes down to stupid actions by their leaders. I give Rockstar props for this, it's much better than just leaving out The Lost and having some new gang that no one cares about take their place. We have to remember, the protagonists are ordinary people in an ordinary world, and Johnny's death could have just as easily been someone elses.

Johnny Klebitz. Lost, but not forgotten. Let the guy rest in peace.

Good post hence why I liked it but I think some of it is up for interpretation.

Firstly when he left the Libertonian he was shot at first by Ray's goons. Ray attempted to kill him before he screwed him over, he had men waiting outside the Libertonian.

Would Johnny have screwed Ray over anyway? Probably but Ray forced the issue. At least that is my interpretation, though I can see how it could be viewed differently, the events on that end of things are certainly a little hazy.

Secondly, the two million dollars Johnny stole. It was never really accounted for after Jim disappeared with it. You may think Johnny had it but he certainly doesn't get anywhere near 2 million dollars for doing that mission. Not even anywhere in the sum of 100,000, I don't remember the exact number for that mission but I know it's nothing like what Niko can end up with at the end of the game and Johnny never makes specific mention of it.

So if Niko didn't get it, Johnny didn't have it, where did it go? It is never really covered, it just disappears because the story more focuses on the diamonds. I mentioned this earlier along with an off topic theory but I can understand why anyone wouldn't want to read all of the stuff I posted already.

Thirdly Ray didn't force the chapter out of Liberty City, that was a call Johnny made because as Stubbs correctly predicted, Ray and the Pegarino's imploded and were never the reason for Johnny's move. It was because of Brian's civil war engineered by Agent Jones that was the major reason for the move. Jim's death and Billy's betrayal being the two final nails in the coffin.

Was Johnny an idiot? Debatable, it depends on how you interpret events. I think your interpretation is interesting and I enjoyed reading it though I don't quite agree with all of it.

His death was certainly fitting and being a 'shadow of his former self' was also fitting  but it was how it was carried out I believe doesn't sit so well. A similar result and effect would have been easy to create without having this awful taste.

Like I said, it feels like something a fanfiction author would write to make their new OC look cool. Furthermore, Trevor appeals to Johnny's weakness and then kills him cowardly at close range which results in some people not liking Trevor. His dangerous insanity is displayed in countless other ways throughout the story, it wasn't necessary to have it on show there. Not for the price Trevor's character has paid in the minds of some. I for one don't want to even bother doing Trevor's stranger missions because I hate playing him that much.

Edit: I will agree though that even though I didn't like how the events played out in Terry, Clay and Johnny's deaths, that it was still nice to have The Lost back rather than some no namers.

• Firefly8000 and Deadly Target like this

LiveApk25
  • LiveApk25

Big Mouth Prick

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

Yes Luis was sh*t

OneManArmy17
  • OneManArmy17

Vagos MC:Sgt at Arms PSN:Vagos_MC-Mitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:23 AM

Johnny wasn't cut out for leadership
Even some of the Lost knew it
During the burial of the lost you can hear someone say Billy Grey would of never let this happen.
Johnny was a little too soft.

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:39 PM Edited by Firefly8000, 22 September 2013 - 02:40 PM.

Good post hence why I liked it but I think some of it is up for interpretation.

Firstly when he left the Libertonian he was shot at first by Ray's goons. Ray attempted to kill him before he screwed him over, he had men waiting outside the Libertonian.

Would Johnny have screwed Ray over anyway? Probably but Ray forced the issue. At least that is my interpretation, though I can see how it could be viewed differently, the events on that end of things are certainly a little hazy.

Secondly, the two million dollars Johnny stole. It was never really accounted for after Jim disappeared with it. You may think Johnny had it but he certainly doesn't get anywhere near 2 million dollars for doing that mission. Not even anywhere in the sum of 100,000, I don't remember the exact number for that mission but I know it's nothing like what Niko can end up with at the end of the game and Johnny never makes specific mention of it.

So if Niko didn't get it, Johnny didn't have it, where did it go? It is never really covered, it just disappears because the story more focuses on the diamonds. I mentioned this earlier along with an off topic theory but I can understand why anyone wouldn't want to read all of the stuff I posted already.

Thirdly Ray didn't force the chapter out of Liberty City, that was a call Johnny made because as Stubbs correctly predicted, Ray and the Pegarino's imploded and were never the reason for Johnny's move. It was because of Brian's civil war engineered by Agent Jones that was the major reason for the move. Jim's death and Billy's betrayal being the two final nails in the coffin.

Was Johnny an idiot? Debatable, it depends on how you interpret events. I think your interpretation is interesting and I enjoyed reading it though I don't quite agree with all of it.

His death was certainly fitting and being a 'shadow of his former self' was also fitting  but it was how it was carried out I believe doesn't sit so well. A similar result and effect would have been easy to create without having this awful taste.

Like I said, it feels like something a fanfiction author would write to make their new OC look cool. Furthermore, Trevor appeals to Johnny's weakness and then kills him cowardly at close range which results in some people not liking Trevor. His dangerous insanity is displayed in countless other ways throughout the story, it wasn't necessary to have it on show there. Not for the price Trevor's character has paid in the minds of some. I for one don't want to even bother doing Trevor's stranger missions because I hate playing him that much.

Edit: I will agree though that even though I didn't like how the events played out in Terry, Clay and Johnny's deaths, that it was still nice to have The Lost back rather than some no namers.

True, a lot of it is up for interpretation, such as where the money ended up, and whether or not Ray had it out for Johnny (the guys shooting at Johnny doesn't really prove this, in my game I shot first and Johnny shouts something along the lines of "Sorry guys, this money isn't for Ray"). However, the final nail in the coffin which forced them to leave I still put down to Ray Boccino. He trashed their clubhouse, and so they had nowhere else to go. It's here that they decide to burn down the clubhouse and put an end to the Alderney chapter once and for all. Up until then, Johnny had planned to stay in business after Billy's death, and as you said, simply wasn't going to worry about Ray on Stubbs' advice.

It was at this point that he'd realized everything he'd fought for had turned to sh*t, and that there would be no such salvation that he had been looking for in the club, realizing finally that the club truly is 'damned'. It was here that he should have just left it for good, but he ended up relocating to Blaine County, and the problems just repeated until the entire club, once again, ended up destroyed. I like how a bleet in the game from The Lost MC talks about Johnny's death and says "the curse of the liberty city chapter lives on", they REALLY were cursed. Honestly, it would have been nice to have one or two more missions before ######, showing their exact state. Had Rockstar done this, I feel Johnny's death would have been a bit more justified instead of feeling slighty forced. The more I think about a broken and meth-addicted Johnny trying to keep control with his old friends Terry and Clay at his back, the more I wish we could have seen a bit more of them.

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

It was at this point that he'd realized everything he'd fought for had turned to sh*t, and that there would be no such salvation that he had been looking for in the club, realizing finally that the club truly is 'damned'. It was here that he should have just left it for good, but he ended up relocating to Blaine County, and the problems just repeated until the entire club, once again, ended up destroyed. I like how a bleet in the game from The Lost MC talks about Johnny's death and says "the curse of the liberty city chapter lives on", they REALLY were cursed. Honestly, it would have been nice to have one or two more missions before ######, showing their exact state. Had Rockstar done this, I feel Johnny's death would have been a bit more justified instead of feeling slighty forced. The more I think about a broken and meth-addicted Johnny trying to keep control with his old friends Terry and Clay at his back, the more I wish we could have seen a bit more of them.

Yeah, I did forget Ray trashed the place first. So I suppose you could say that was the final nail, but I think that was the least of their concerns. To Johnny he wanted to be able to let go of the pain he had faced in Liberty City and burning the clubhouse down the only way to do it. Johnny throughout the story has a lot of trouble letting go and cares too much which is why I really identified with him. As well as the fact that he hates conformity and society in general.

As much as I probably would have been taken back by it at first no matter how it was done, Johnny's death done in this silly way was just poorly written.

Spoiler

I just did not like despising Trevor from the very moment I started playing him (excluding the start). It made any of his character development practically irrelevant to me or anyone else who really identified with Johnny. The fact he

Spoiler
does him no favors either.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:19 PM Edited by Jesse Pinkman, 22 September 2013 - 04:21 PM.

Ashley is dead too. I just heard on Weazel news that she was found in LS with 4 other guys... rotting corpses.

Trevor mentions that they were all junkies and all that Klebbitz was doing was only using meth. He changed since 2008.

godforgivesthelostdont
  • godforgivesthelostdont

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

I thought this was a fitting end to Johnny and The Lost.

Well made characters are complex people with strengths and weaknesses.  You can't have one half without the other.

Part of the premise of Johnny was that his fundamental flaw was being unable to leave behind the past.  With the Lost MC divided and their hideout burned down, Johnny had no options left but to return to his past.

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

Livin' It Up At The Hotel California

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:18 PM Edited by MikeMyth, 22 September 2013 - 05:24 PM.

Goes to prove how good R*'s storyline, that the players actually get attached to such characters, much like a movie. R.I.P. Johnny.

EDIT: I also agree with the other comment's. Similar to what I said earlier most of us are mad because its how his death was written. Johnny didn't put up a fight. If R* was trying to put emphasis on Trevor's persona they could've done it on a character which was weak... not just make a good character look weak just to put emphasis.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

Holy flip friggin hell, this cryfest is still marching on? If you guys can't handle the fact Trevor killed Johnny, then maybe you should put down the controller and do something else, seeing as if you've been crying about it for this long, you probably aren't mature enough to comprehend the reasoning behind it.

crying-man.jpg

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

That meth turned him into such a pussy.

tjbyrum1
  • tjbyrum1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:06 PM Edited by tjbyrum1, 22 September 2013 - 11:06 PM.

Some of you are going crazy. No ones bitching, no ones crying, no ones ranting for Christs sake, were just having discussions. So settle down.

I for one think this was horrible. I mean, if you kill an established and well liked character like Johnny, you gotta do it right, not bullsh*t it like it was done.

It should have been different, not bullsh*tted. It's like they told some new guy who didn't know about TLAD to put in a cameo, not very well planned.

As for those saying "John was a bad person" that has nothing to do with it.
  • Ermacs, UltraGizmo64 and Peachrocks like this

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

i absolutely hate the way this forum's formatting been set up now. i haven't completed tlad (because its/it was summertime). i would have never read this thread if i'd known what it was about

TheLastKingofEngland
  • TheLastKingofEngland

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

I think with the whole ghost thing in V, that stuff the Triads claimed was curse could seriously be cursed. Think about it, as soon as they stole the heroin Bill goes to prison then brian triggers the civil war and everything goes downhill from there.

Chevyc95
  • Chevyc95

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

Honestly this whole game was a disappointment. at least the story. everything was rushed.. it doesn't feel anything like los santos. Rockstar just F**ked up big time.... the game is like 10x shorter than any other gta. The three character thing is just stupid especially dividing up the side missions between player. theres a lack of missions in general. Everything was just hyped.

*****SPOILER********

There is no F**King real estate in single player. Literally the game only last about 24-30 hours worth of gameplay. Theres only like 3 fun missions out of 69. which are the ones you get paid for and the only ones you get paid for.. GTA online better be something or im just gonna return this crap.

Don't expect anything special in single player guys.. theres no gang life for franklin, micheal and trevor are basically the main deal. people you meet come and go. its just absolutely the worst GTA ever made single player wise. im sure online has some disappointments in store too. we shall see. Sorry for not correcting any of my typos but deal with them...

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

Capten Morgan
  • Capten Morgan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

Jesus Christ guys. He's just a fictional character, I loved Johnny as a character and I admit his death was a bit of an overkill but you dont need to overreact. Remember Vic? He was another protagonist that was killed off, nobody got pissed at that.
They wouldn't kill people like Niko or CJ off because they are from main games. VCS and TLAD are smaller games, that some may seem to forget about. It was an example to show Trevor's psychopathy by killing one of the protagonists.

" It was an example to show Trevor's psychopathy by killing one of the protagonists"

YOU ARE SPOT ON..! :cool:

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:54 AM Edited by Peachrocks, 23 September 2013 - 02:00 AM.

Some of you are going crazy. No ones bitching, no ones crying, no ones ranting for Christs sake, were just having discussions. So settle down.

I for one think this was horrible. I mean, if you kill an established and well liked character like Johnny, you gotta do it right, not bullsh*t it like it was done.

It should have been different, not bullsh*tted. It's like they told some new guy who didn't know about TLAD to put in a cameo, not very well planned.

As for those saying "John was a bad person" that has nothing to do with it.

Yeah very well said. It's called a constructive conversation, unusual for forums I know, but this is what it is. I for one am interested in how other people are interpreting Johnny and the TLAD storyline as well as the farce that was his death.

It was definitely poorly planned and it just felt really unprofessional. Also Johnny being a bad person certainly has nothing to do with it. Compared to Niko and Luis and others, Johnny has nothing in terms of 'bad' on them. Was he a bad person? Sure, but at least most of the time his reasons were far more justified then any of the other protagonists.

Also the H being cursed? Well yeah, probably but writers can make any sequence of events line up :p. After the triads got it back, it was stolen by Niko then later part of the infamous deal/revenge, then Luis destroyed it. So yeah... it's possible, but considering how Johnny's life was screwed over several times well before touching the stuff, maybe not, maybe Johnny is cursed :p.

" It was an example to show Trevor's psychopathy by killing one of the protagonists"

YOU ARE SPOT ON..! :cool:

Except this is shown countless times throughout the plot and the price he pays for this scene is that some people will hate him from the very first moment they get to play as him (excluding the start obviously). It makes it very hard to sympathize and identify with Trevor after that and makes any of his character development meaningless. These aren't generally things you want in a protagonist.

Of course, the price in some cases can be a 'draw' to others, people who don't really care about character development and identifying with characters, but in that case him killing Johnny like that seems even more unnecessary. He could have killed any random Lost nobody while shagging their girlfriend and still had the same effect to that audience.

Anzand17
  • Anzand17

V.I.P

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:24 AM Edited by Anzand17, 23 September 2013 - 02:24 AM.

Taking meth doesnt automatically make you a pussy. i know people who deal with it along with other stuff and their lives seems fine. but im going off topic.. like i said its a game, and its R* decision who they wanna kill off, but you cant say that it wasnt poor writing because it was. that small cutscene doesnt match with anything that happened in TLAD, and completely destroyed the point TLAD was trying to make. and on top of that it makes you even dislike Trevor a little. it served no real purpose other than make it harder for you to play those games. thats poor writing wouldnt you agree? the people who liked johnny felt pissed, the ones who didnt like him/ never knew him didnt care that much.

Im more interested in the reason as to why they did it than anything else too. but enough of this. obviously it wasnt the best move they could've done, no matter what point they were trying to make.

They Most likely did it to show how f*cked up and cold hearted Trevor is. If he did the same thing to a random person like a pedestrian would you feel that trevor was badass? For me it built immersiveness. It made me feel bad for johnny and actually get a little sad. But that was rockstars point. Besides. Trevor wanted to take over. he wasgonna have to kill him eventually.

Capten Morgan
  • Capten Morgan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:24 AM

Honestly this whole game was a disappointment. at least the story. everything was rushed.. it doesn't feel anything like los santos. Rockstar just F**ked up big time.... the game is like 10x shorter than any other gta. The three character thing is just stupid especially dividing up the side missions between player. theres a lack of missions in general. Everything was just hyped.

*****SPOILER********

There is no F**King real estate in single player. Literally the game only last about 24-30 hours worth of gameplay. Theres only like 3 fun missions out of 69. which are the ones you get paid for and the only ones you get paid for.. GTA online better be something or im just gonna return this crap.

Don't expect anything special in single player guys.. theres no gang life for franklin, micheal and trevor are basically the main deal. people you meet come and go. its just absolutely the worst GTA ever made single player wise. im sure online has some disappointments in store too. we shall see. Sorry for not correcting any of my typos but deal with them...

All i can say to you are: YOU DONT NOW HOW TO PLAY THE GAME YOU PLAY IT WRONG...!!!!

I playd singel game now for about 60 h,and only at 24%..!  And i just love it..!! And you say something about

get paid for, playing Trevor now, cant play Michel or Franklin they are laying low after the Jewel cup :cool:

But before the "cup" Franklin made 100k just for helping a guy ho had nothing to do with the MAIN STORY MISSIONS :colgate: and my Trevor is up at 400k now made it by fly drugs, take out other gangs, realestate, driving home mob members, etc etc. I dont want to say to much (spoilers) All i can say to you guys is DONT RUCH THE

MAIN STORY LINE..!!! Drive around and and things will happen for you and a hole new world will open

up..!! :cool:  :monocle: Seek and you will finde..

Best GTA SO FAR... :r*:  :r*:  :r*:

Hard work = pay......not easy to be an gangster :cool:

And last, this game is so complex so you have to think outside the box

Regards Capten Morgan

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:23 AM

Taking meth doesnt automatically make you a pussy. i know people who deal with it along with other stuff and their lives seems fine. but im going off topic.. like i said its a game, and its R* decision who they wanna kill off, but you cant say that it wasnt poor writing because it was. that small cutscene doesnt match with anything that happened in TLAD, and completely destroyed the point TLAD was trying to make. and on top of that it makes you even dislike Trevor a little. it served no real purpose other than make it harder for you to play those games. thats poor writing wouldnt you agree? the people who liked johnny felt pissed, the ones who didnt like him/ never knew him didnt care that much.

Im more interested in the reason as to why they did it than anything else too. but enough of this. obviously it wasnt the best move they could've done, no matter what point they were trying to make.

They Most likely did it to show how f*cked up and cold hearted Trevor is. If he did the same thing to a random person like a pedestrian would you feel that trevor was badass? For me it built immersiveness. It made me feel bad for johnny and actually get a little sad. But that was rockstars point. Besides. Trevor wanted to take over. he wasgonna have to kill him eventually.

Yes, if Trevor killed a random lost member in the same way it would have created the same idea with far less levels of 'hate' aimed at Trevor and less hate for playing any part he was involved in. Especially if Johnny hears about it later, tries to avenge his fallen member and dies to Trevor in a firefight.

There are several ways it could have been handled better, and I just cannot think of a satisfying answer other than 'just for kicks' for why it was done this way and frankly considering the usual high standards of their writing, that doesn't cut it for me which is why I'm still posting here :p.

I have to admit though, I probably would hate Trevor almost much though but at least it wouldn't have been right away. Not because he killed Johnny though but because he

Spoiler

To me Trevor just strikes me as a little child who throws a temper tantrum whenever he's told 'no'. The only time he ever backs down is when he is promised a bigger lollipop...

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:41 AM

Vic Vance was introduced after a protagonist after we KNEW he was dead. Besides, I think even bigger deals were made out of the Episodes from Liberty than the God awful Stories games...

And if you read any of the past replies on this post, we're moreso pissed as to WHY and HOW he was killed rather than him BEING killed.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:49 AM Edited by Drunken Cowboy, 23 September 2013 - 05:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users