Photo

Screw you, Rockstar... GTA V *SPOILERS*

1,388 replies to this topic
Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 11:33 PM

Yeah I knew that already. Made Trevor seem even more like a douche.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:52 AM

Cant say that I gave a sh*t about one of the worst protags in the GTA series dying. What did surprise me however was the fact that so many people liked him. :monocle:

• am30 likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:51 AM

Cant say that I gave a sh*t about one of the worst protags in the GTA series dying. What did surprise me however was the fact that so many people liked him. :monocle:

one of the worst protags in the GTA series dying

worst protag in GTA

t1e6xxm.jpg

• Choco Taco, Drunken Cowboy and LancerG2 like this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

THERE IS NO CHEESE AT THE END OF THIS MAZE. ONLY ASSF*CK.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:52 AM

worst protag in GTA

t1e6xxm.jpg

Trevor, Franklin, and CJ also applicable. 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:59 AM

Trevor, Franklin, and CJ also applicable.

Seeing as V's protagonists are sh*ttily written and the likes, I just rate them by their customization. My favorite is Trevor since I can give him a "New Kids"-esque mullet/mustache. I don't wanna look like the guy from Heat so I stay away from Michael, and I'm not a 12 year old swaggot so I keep my distance from Franklin.

barrie_butsers_by_falakthewolf-d4bom1s.p
TrevorPhillips-GTAV-Prologue.png

THEY'RE f*ckING TWINS.

nobum62
  • nobum62

Douchebag who owns a chromed Furore GT

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:09 AM

worst protag in GTA

t1e6xxm.jpg

you chose luis, but not

aVoeQ5P.png

?

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:47 AM

This is my reaction on the idea that Luis was any better of a protagonist as Trevor

aR4Tgna.jpg

• nobum62 and LancerG2 like this

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:52 AM Edited by Peachrocks, 16 May 2014 - 04:03 AM.

It's all subjective which is worst. I can understand why people don't like Johnny or Luis and why people might like Trevor, even a select few might be able to see why people are pissed, understand and emphasise. What I take issue with is Rockstar appeasing one audience over the other and crapping over fans of a certain character.

I hope Trevor gets a completely out of character death so most people understand it. I've suggested Lester beating him to death with his walking stick before but anything in this nature will do.

As for my personal take on Luis v Trevor? Both had potential, both were poorly executed. I only prefer Luis because he is actually somewhat aware he's a bit of a hypocrit and being a DLC he gets a little leeway for being poorly executed. Trevor is not at all aware of his hypocriticalness and constantly spews hypocritical crap about loyalty while abusing those closest to him. It doesn't help only Franklin and one of the bounty targets call him out on it and neither do so in the main story and Franklin only does it in a very subtle way that goes over Trevor's head.

I used to think Trevor had no potential and such a character could not work with the tone of the storyline but he could, he just couldn't have as much of a personal stake in it.

Dr. Robotnik
  • Dr. Robotnik

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 06:06 AM

I hope Trevor gets a completely out of character death so most people understand it. I've suggested Lester beating him to death with his walking stick before but anything in this nature will do.

Does Ending A count? "Someone pointed a gun at me! FEETS DON'T FAIL ME NOW!"

I think it's less that Trevor had a personal stake in the story and more that the writers choked on how they wanted portray his character.

Instead of making him creepy and scary or crazy but fun, they tried to do both, and the end result was like if they took Eddie Low from the previous game and played him for laughs, but only half the time.

• universetwisters and HaythamKenway like this

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:32 PM

Luis Lopez ...

Bulgarin: Yo Luis, I need you to go kill this dude.
Luis: Look man, I ain't a hitman.

*flashback*

Yusuf: Yo mah nigga Luis, I need you to go steal all this for me. Here's some explosive shotgun shells for the fun.
Luis: Yes, I might need that to gun down them legions of police task force, no problem. But don't me nigga.

Tony Prince: Luis! I'm drunk! go fetch them diamonds back for me!
Luis: Ok, i'll go borrow a helicopter of doom I just used earlier to sink an entire cruiser.

Armando: Yo L, we gonna need you for protection on our drug trade.
Luis: Common, there's a better way to live life than this, but sure I'm down with killing cops and gang bangers alike.

*back to present*

Me: *press pause menu, select new game, load Lost & Damned*

Johnny: I'm speaking with you asshole!

Trevor: Whatever

Johnny: I'm talking to you motherf*cker!

Trevor: Whatevs

Johnny: f*ck you Trevor!

Trevor: WHAT DID YOU SAY!? f*ckING sh*t c*nt c*nt c*nt! c*nt! f*ck YOUUUU

inconsistant douchebag

Actually that's not true, Trevor ignored Johnny until he called him 'mother****er', that's when Trevor stops on his track and turned to Johnny, and sealed his fate. When Trevor stopped on his track and faced Johnny, all the banter they had was just Trevor venting and toying with Johnny, otherwise yes he already had intentions of killing him for having said that particular profane word.
It's possible that had Johnny not yelled 'mother****er', Trevor would have walked his way up to Los Santos, given the hinged and baffled state he was in.

But that wouldn't have been fun gameplay now would it ...

Hmm ... Actually it doesn't so bad, walking. Well, compared to what actually happened.
  • HaythamKenway likes this

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 04:00 PM

Luis Lopez ...

*flashback*

Yusuf: Yo mah nigga Luis, I need you to go steal all this for me. Here's some explosive shotgun shells for the fun.
Luis: Yes, I might need that to gun down them legions of police task force, no problem. But don't me nigga.

Luis: Ok, i'll go borrow a helicopter of doom I just used earlier to sink an entire cruiser.

Luis: Common, there's a better way to live life than this, but sure I'm down with killing cops and gang bangers alike.

*back to present*

inconsistant douchebag

Actually that's not true, Trevor ignored Johnny until he called him 'mother****er', that's when Trevor stops on his track and turned to Johnny, and sealed his fate. When Trevor stopped on his track and faced Johnny, all the banter they had was just Trevor venting and toying with Johnny, otherwise yes he already had intentions of killing him for having said that particular profane word.
It's possible that had Johnny not yelled 'mother****er', Trevor would have walked his way up to Los Santos, given the hinged and baffled state he was in.

Hmm ... Actually it doesn't so bad, walking. Well, compared to what actually happened.

But it is inconsiquent because Trevor uses the word "motherf*cker" several times himself too. :)

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

Luis Lopez ...

*flashback*

*back to present*

inconsistant douchebag

But it is inconsiquent because Trevor uses the word "motherf*cker" several times himself too. :)

When you think about it, nearly every character in GTA is a liar, hypocrite, etc. to some degree. I think the only legitimately good person in the series would be Floyd or Billy's rehab coach. I think his name was Chad?

• Drunken Cowboy and LancerG2 like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:10 PM

When you think about it, nearly every character in GTA is a liar, hypocrite, etc. to some degree. I think the only legitimately good person in the series would be Floyd or Billy's rehab coach. I think his name was Chad?

You forgot Claude! He never says a damn thing, he can't be a liar or hypocrite. Most legitimate!

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:23 PM

Yusuf Amir's father looked like a nice enough chap!

Leavis at the Jouster Gentlemen Club almost fit the bill ... until you realize the 'package' Stubbs asks him to hand Johnny over was a rocket launcher ...

And then you remember that at that point in the game Johnny already has the grenade launcher in his inventory, and since he can only carry one of those two, he was forced to ditch the grenade launcher at the Jouster ...

Who picked the grenade launcher? Leavis? what will he do with it? is Leavis the new playable character in Grand Theft Auto V's DLC? will we get to shoot grenades into Trevor's trailer van? will we shoot a grenade into Trevor's mouth at point blank range? will it be part of the 100% gold medal achievement? how will Leavis clean the stains off his clothes? will he toss it along Stubbs' dirty laundry?

TOO MANY QUESTIONS, TOO MANY QUESTIONS, WWWWHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • HaythamKenway, Drunken Cowboy and nobum62 like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:20 PM

Yusuf Amir's father looked like a nice enough chap!

I almost made a terrorist joke, but good taste kept me from it.

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:30 PM

Can't possibly be worse than saying Dubai is in Africa or that Jesus Christ killed John the Baptist, can it?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:45 PM

Most of those were just coming from a lack of knowledge. I was gonna go 9/11 type sh*t.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:38 PM

The Leavis and Damned 2015

• HaythamKenway and nobum62 like this

am30
  • am30

Being Scottish isn't a crime

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:49 PM

It is rather astonishing isn't it.  People seem to forget what good ol' Johnny did in the main story of IV.  You remember folks, he was a double crossing coward.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:51 PM

Leavis? He's related to the guy from Keeping Up Appearances. I sh*t you not.

Lp78k.jpg

THEY'RE f*ckING TWINS.

• Prince Gumball likes this

nobum62
  • nobum62

Douchebag who owns a chromed Furore GT

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:00 AM

It is rather astonishing isn't it.  People seem to forget what good ol' Johnny did in the main story of IV.  You remember folks, he was a double crossing coward.

you mean betraying ray, right? f*ck ray. if you kill niko as johnny in museum piece, this is what ray says:

http://youtu.be/EWrEbVmOZBE?t=47s

so ray boccino deserved to be betrayed anyway

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:17 AM

If you're talking Billy, Billy double-crossed Johnny. Same with Brian.

If you're talking Ray, f*ck Ray. Ray double-crosses everyone.

In the world of criminal degenerates, Johnny's probably higher on the moral ladder compared to every other GTA protag. I think only Vic Vance really gives him a run for his money.

• Majestic81 and nobum62 like this

am30
  • am30

Being Scottish isn't a crime

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:29 AM

No, he landed Niko right in the sh*t.  He turns up, you think he's a good guy, then he turns out to be an ass after all and gets what he deserved from Trevors right foot of justice.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:05 AM

No, he landed Niko right in the sh*t.  He turns up, you think he's a good guy, then he turns out to be an ass after all and gets what he deserved from Trevors right foot of justice.

Niko killed two of his best friends for cash.
Who's the ass?
  • Majestic81 likes this

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:51 AM

After having watched Drunken Cowboy's signature ad infinitum throughout the various forum topics, I finally realized where I've seen this before ...

The specific head stomping gesture I mean.

Isn't that the exact same way Carl Johnson used to kick corpses on the ground? the kind of badly animated movement where you repeatedly mash the punch button and the head stomping foot will repeatedly tap on the ground, until the body vanishes out of thin air?

What an odd reference!
  • B Dawg likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:37 PM

TOO MANY QUESTIONS, TOO MANY QUESTIONS, WWWWHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BODY COUNT RISING, MUTILATION, DEVESTATION, SCREAM OF THE SKY!

AMERICA, ROCKSTAR IS NOT LISTENING!!! *Johnny Klebitz-Call From The Grave*

• Drunken Cowboy and LancerG2 like this

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:44 PM

*Johnny Klebitz-Call From The Grave*

Is that the version with the british accent?

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:56 PM

*Johnny Klebitz-Call From The Grave*

Is that the version with the british accent?

Nope. He saved his british accent for songs like Ace Of Spades.

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:02 PM

After having watched Drunken Cowboy's signature ad infinitum throughout the various forum topics, I finally realized where I've seen this before ...

The specific head stomping gesture I mean.

Isn't that the exact same way Carl Johnson used to kick corpses on the ground? the kind of badly animated movement where you repeatedly mash the punch button and the head stomping foot will repeatedly tap on the ground, until the body vanishes out of thin air?

What an odd reference!

1:45

• nobum62 likes this

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:07 PM

"Threat Eliminated" hahahaha!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users