Screw you, Rockstar... GTA V *SPOILERS*

1,386 replies to this topic
Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

It's not like anyone cares anyway

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:50 AM

Guys, I had a dream about Johnny K, I was napping but the dream seems kinda long for a 4 hour(?) nap...

I was just hanging around, He was there, He wasn't dead (yet) I was very excited

I confronted him and talked a bit before asking him about stuff, Ashley, Trevor and stuff he does now.

I asked him to let go of it, Ashley, Meth and all that stuff.

I told him I was from the future, I told him he would be dead if he didn't let go of those.

I had my phone but somehow didn't bother to show his death video.

He left, He was pretty cool and calm, I didn't knew if he took me serious or not

Suddenly I felt like I'm in a GTA game, weapon statistics, health and radar hanging around me, floating.

A Johnny Klebitz mission marker appeared on the radar.

I just knew I had to go in there to show him his death video.

But somehow I never got to it.

Though I met Terry and Clay on the way, I saw some pretty rad (and weird) bikes.

I think it ended there, just me, Terry, Clay and some bikes on the highway.

But well that's not the only dream I had just now, There's one about Minecraft too, but that's another story.

• Drunken Cowboy, nobum62 and LancerG2 like this

nobum62
  • nobum62

Douchebag who owns a chromed Furore GT

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:40 PM

Guys, I had a dream about Johnny K, I was napping but the dream seems kinda long for a 4 hour(?) nap...

I was just hanging around, He was there, He wasn't dead (yet) I was very excited

I confronted him and talked a bit before asking him about stuff, Ashley, Trevor and stuff he does now.

I told him I was from the future, I told him he would be dead if he didn't let go of those.

He left, He was pretty cool and calm, I didn't knew if he took me serious or not

Suddenly I felt like I'm in a GTA game, weapon statistics, health and radar hanging around me, floating.

Though I met Terry and Clay on the way, I saw some pretty rad (and weird) bikes.

But well that's not the only dream I had just now, There's one about Minecraft too, but that's another story.

you should have dreamt about this happening: 

Untitled-2.gif

• archiebunker and LancerG2 like this

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

It's not like anyone cares anyway

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:42 PM

Untitled-2.gif

I'm no good in forcing Lucid dreaming.

Vercetti family
  • Vercetti family

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 17 April 2014 - 08:55 PM

Is anyone as f*cking PISSED off as I am that Johnny got killed? They didn't even give the man who broke into Alderny State Correctional a decent death.
Did it occur to Rockstar that the protagonist of a DLC purchased by millions was actually LIKED? And Clay and Terry, that was just bullsh*t overkill.
Why Johnny? There was nothing to be gained from killing him. If they are only going to have a reoccurring character on the screen for two minutes, their purpose is USUALLY to be an exciting homage to something the players loved, yet he, Terry, and Clay served no purpose other than being f*cking killed.

Why not kill Luis, anyway? I don't remember anyone liking the uptight, monotone, zombie douchebag.

f*ck you, Rockstar. That was a f*cking cheap move.

I like Johnny, I hate Luis . They should have chose Luis to be killed.

Initial venting aside... Topics arisen since this was posted...

- It's more or less HOW Johnny was killed, by who, in what fashion, under what circumstances, and how Johnny received it more than the fact that he WAS killed. 

- It's the WHY, we feel this effect could have been conveyed in the same way without the sacrifice of Johnny and his old crew.

- It violates everything we were meant to believe about Johnny and the Lost in The Lost and Damned.

- It either made Trevor a drag or completely ruined him as a playable character in GTA V. We did not get many reasons to sympathize or just like him during the campaign anyway, but this really pushed it over the edge.

- Bringing Johnny back was unnecessary, poster Grievous said:
The only ending route that made sense was the one we precisely saw at the end of Lost and Damned , with Johnny's three final steps at committing social 'suicide' ; storming a government facility to kill a childhood friend , torching his own home , saying farewell to friends on the phone and sitting on that dirty bed in Brian's safehouse as incessant and loud death metal music rings over his head.

There was no 'need' to bring Johnny back and show people how 'drugs are bad! even if life all falls apart you should never take it as a last resort! and don't touch drug addicted women either!' it would have been akin to have an ambulance arriving and reviving Victor Vance, but on the way back to the hospital the ambulance goes off route and flips upside down and crash and burn and explodes. It's overkill.

- To a lesser extent, but still a present argument, we feel that the presence of Johnny, the Lost, and maybe even the Angels of Death would have led to a much more interesting environment in Blaine County.

[quote name="Prince Gumball" post="1065206555" timestamp="1397738554"][quote name="nobum62" post="1065206543" timestamp="1397738436"]
[quote name="Prince Gumball" post="1065206332" timestamp="1397735414"]

[/quote]

Untitled-2.gif
[/quote]
REALLY? if it's true, it's very interesting. A good dream.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

THERE IS NO CHEESE AT THE END OF THIS MAZE. ONLY ASSF*CK.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:25 AM Edited by Drunken Cowboy, 18 April 2014 - 01:26 AM.

Angus should build a DeLorean time machine and warn Johnny in a similar manner... still a better plot than GTA V's story.

Oh, and the Johnny-stomping-Trevor chain... wowee.

• thekillerdonuts, Jeansowaty, nobum62 and 1 other like this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:39 AM

Come think if it, I'd rather see Johnny get his head stopped in as opposed to getting hit by a speeding train driven by Luis.

"EY YO MANG, GET OUT OF MY WAY MANG, THAT ISN'T SUCH A GOOD IDEA MANG"

It's even sadder how one of the worst protagonists names is the Spanish equivalent of my dads name.

You talk about your daddy a lot, is there anything you'd like to discuss? 

And at least Luis is a step up from Trevor, if only just mildly... I could picture him in an engineer's cap on the Liberty transit, though. 

My dad left me at a shopping mall which I promptly burnt down

Spoiler

He sounds like a Johnny/Trevor hybrid... in a good way.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:26 AM

I just cleared Lost and Damned for the third or fourth time but on this playthrough I made sure to call Terry and Clay for backup at every chance I got.  Made me even more disgusted that Rockstar so easily just offed them too.  They even hardly put up a fight during the chase just like Johnny didn't put up a fight, yet in TLAD, they're both crazy dudes.  AND on top of that, they didn't seem any different in appearance when Trevor delivered them the news that he killed Johnny, who was weakened by meth.  Terry and Clay seemed perfectly fine, yet they get killed as well, even after hearing Johnny got killed?  I highly doubt they would have ran like they did, especially since they had such a tight brotherhood with Johnny.

Incredibly stupid, Rockstar.  Incredibly, incredibly stupid.  

• Choco Taco, Ledsbourne, Xyn and 4 others like this

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:23 PM

I just cleared Lost and Damned for the third or fourth time but on this playthrough I made sure to call Terry and Clay for backup at every chance I got.  Made me even more disgusted that Rockstar so easily just offed them too.  They even hardly put up a fight during the chase just like Johnny didn't put up a fight, yet in TLAD, they're both crazy dudes.  AND on top of that, they didn't seem any different in appearance when Trevor delivered them the news that he killed Johnny, who was weakened by meth.  Terry and Clay seemed perfectly fine, yet they get killed as well, even after hearing Johnny got killed?  I highly doubt they would have ran like they did, especially since they had such a tight brotherhood with Johnny.

Incredibly stupid, Rockstar.  Incredibly, incredibly stupid.  

If u don't kill them during the chase, they do put up a fight. I mean at least they die with a gun in their hand.

Although I think they would hv killed Trevor immediatly after hearing the news if they weren't out of character.

• nobum62 likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:36 PM

With GTA V's new mission skip feature, you can let Terry and Clay kill you and you can still progress in the story! It's a win-win situation!

• nobum62 likes this

BassicalyDrunK
  • BassicalyDrunK

Eduard Khil - Trolololol

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:21 PM Edited by BassicalyDrunK, 18 April 2014 - 03:22 PM.

The way it should be, at least by me:

-Trevor kills Johnny;

-Johnny showly fades out;

-We see him in front of the nearest hospital;

-He goes to the closest ammu-nation;

-Buys a minigun;

-PAWNS TREVOR'S ASS!

-Rides his Hexer over Trevor's corpse, leaving a wheelie on his head.

When i play with Trevor, i hit a ped, and let him kill Trevor, just like he did with Johnny. R.I.P Johnny Boy...

• nobum62 and LancerG2 like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

If u don't kill them during the chase, they do put up a fight. I mean at least they die with a gun in their hand.

Although I think they would hv killed Trevor immediatly after hearing the news if they weren't out of character.

Yeah, Clay wouldn't have been like, "This better be bullsh*t!"  They would have just put a bullet in Trevor's head, and followed up by killing Wade and Ron, since we know they wouldn't be able to do a thing.

• nobum62 likes this

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

Angus should build a DeLorean time machine and warn Johnny in a similar manner... still a better plot than GTA V's story.

Replace the DeLorean with a yellow car while having Niko drive Angus, and the plot would still be better

Yeah, Clay wouldn't have been like, "This better be bullsh*t!"  They would have just put a bullet in Trevor's head, and followed up by killing Wade and Ron, since we know they wouldn't be able to do a thing.

Speaking of Clay, why did he turn younger in V? And why did his voice get deeper? He doesn't even have his grizzly voice like he did in TLAD. At least Terry's appearance and voice stayed the same.
  • thekillerdonuts and Jeansowaty like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

Speaking of Clay, why did he turn younger in V? And why did his voice get deeper? He doesn't even have his grizzly voice like he did in TLAD. At least Terry's appearance and voice stayed the same.

Did Clay have the same voice actor as in TLAD?  Maybe they couldn't get him again.  

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:28 PM

They got the same actors. I didn't notice a voice change, his voice in TLaD is only gravely when shouting in pack formation, which is usually the only place you talk to him. If you compare him on the phone to him in V, it's the same guy.
However, yeah, Clay found the anti-aging cream stupidly enough.
  • nobum62 likes this

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:55 PM

They got the same actors. I didn't notice a voice change, his voice in TLaD is only gravely when shouting in pack formation, which is usually the only place you talk to him. If you compare him on the phone to him in V, it's the same guy.
However, yeah, Clay found the anti-aging cream stupidly enough.

If he can stop himself from aging, maybe he can bring himself back from the dead. :)

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:33 AM Edited by AceKingston, 19 April 2014 - 08:40 AM.

So, GTA V: The Found and Stomped?

Patton_Campaign
  • Patton_Campaign

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:14 PM

Oh, and the Johnny-stomping-Trevor chain... wowee.

Why Build a Delorean when You can just rig up a Flux Capacitor to a Motrocycle. Then naturally, come ripping out of time and space at 88 miles an hour to turn Trevor into a fine red paste just as he's walking down the steps of his trailer.

----------

Now in regards to the topic Subject, i've been following this for topic for a short while now. Just hate what Rockstar did to Johnny's character and it immediately made me detest Trevor. For me the wound is still fresh, Only got exposed to ti two months ago now. Also the Gif i've been seeing of Johnny tap dancing on Trevor's poor wittle skull makes me chuckle every time.

• Drunken Cowboy and nobum62 like this

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:50 PM Edited by Deadly Target, 19 April 2014 - 08:52 PM.

The true ending to Johnny Klebitz.
  • gunziness, nobum62 and LancerG2 like this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:54 PM

The true ending to Johnny Klebitz.

Seen this before. Just pretty cool that Scott Hill embodies so much of his character: a pick-up driving American with long hair and a beard playing guitar and working with his hands in the backwoods for a living.

• Deadly Target and nobum62 like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:12 PM

I wonder how Rockstar even got in touch with him, or got him to play the part of such a violent character. He seems so chill and peaceful.

• gunziness, Deadly Target, Jeansowaty and 3 others like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Notorious fan of underground electronic music and Molly Schultz

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:00 PM

Some guy posted on the GTA Wiki that pouring gasoline on Johnny's body during Mr. Philips and torching him will cause him to stand up. Lol?

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:05 PM

^ that was a glitch, but i think it has been patched

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

^ that was a glitch, but i think it has been patched

Still, that's one fun glitch XD

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:30 AM

How could you get gas at that point in the game?

Xyn
  • Xyn

クロテンライジン

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:47 AM Edited by Xyn, 01 May 2014 - 06:09 AM.

Indeed. The way johnny goes out is just a spit to the face of the character; he died as everything he was against in TLAD; a weak, drug addicted, manipulated wuss. Are they sure that's the same man who stormed a State prison with nothing but his balls & his brothers?
As much as I hated knowing that Victor Vance was doomed after I finished VCS, there's a logical reason for it. Here, it just makes no sense at all. His continued relationship with Ashley, his addiction (which was the cause of the events of TLAD in a lot of ways; drugs destroyed his once brother/old friend, drugs got his club into all sorts of trouble, drugs destroyed the once woman of his life...why would someone who lived all this choose to become an addict himself...let alone begin dealing the stuff? TLAD showed us the Lost are pretty resourceful fellows), his taking of Trevor's bullsh*t (and seriously, if he really had to go, why did it have to be Trevor? The guy is just unlikable & a hypocrite in every way; blaming Michael for being manipulative & a liar yet he does the exact same to Wade & Ron) and pretty much doing everything he stood against.

Still it took me all but 0.2 seconds to choose my ending for V. Guess the DLC will only feature 2 protagonists for me.

It'd be like if Niko continued being a criminal after losing Kate/Roman.

I think it's implied that he would still continue crime in one of the endings...I think it's with the "Deal" scenario.
"Revenge" is where he quits.
At least that's what a lot of people speculated...but with no ending having been stated as canon, we'll never know.
Packie & Lester's references don't clear anything up neither. (This is what I hate about the IV era that I feel the III era handled much better; no real sense of connectivity between games).

• Shenmue18, Peachrocks, Drunken Cowboy and 2 others like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:12 PM

How could you get gas at that point in the game?

Replay the mission via some menu and already have the Jerry Can in your weaponry.

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 02 May 2014 - 02:39 PM Edited by CJ killed Ryder, 02 May 2014 - 02:45 PM.

GTA online reveals Trevor was already an enemy to The Lost before killing Johnny.

But still: Terry and Clay don't go antagonistic against Trevor until they hear about the death of Johnny.

And if Johnny was in character: he would kill Trevor for messing with his brothers instead of confront him for f*cking Ashley.

• B Dawg and nobum62 like this

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

GTA online reveals Trevor was already an enemy to The Lost before killing Johnny.

But still: Terry and Clay don't go antagonistic against Trevor until they hear about the death of Johnny.

And if Johnny was in character: he would kill Trevor for messing with his brothers instead of confront him for f*cking Ashley.

There are many inconsistencies regarding how the Lost were handled. GTA Online going even further with the Anti-Lost theme? Why? What the hell happened?

Why would someone who lived all this choose to become an addict himself...let alone begin dealing the stuff? TLAD showed us the Lost are pretty resourceful fellows), his taking of Trevor's bullsh*t (and seriously, if he really had to go, why did it have to be Trevor? The guy is just unlikable & a hypocrite in every way; blaming Michael for being manipulative & a liar yet he does the exact same to Wade & Ron) and pretty much doing everything he stood against.

Still it took me all but 0.2 seconds to choose my ending for V. Guess the DLC will only feature 2 protagonists for me.

I don't like the way this was handled but there is a reason. It's because of the weight placed upon him was too much. I've said a bit in the thread and elsewhere but who wants to read it all? Johnny's weakness as a character is that he cares too much for Ashley, the brothers, basically almost anyone Johnny feels is alone or abandoned by society and isn't antagonistic against him. Remember that Johnny wanted to be an army man like his brother but stopped when he realized that it was full of corruption. He says in the first mission with Jim that crooked cops were one of the biggest reasons he joined The Lost in the first place.

Johnny thought The Lost would be free from corruption and brothers that only cared about each other and having a good time and making the best of things. However Billy's scheming and picking fights with the wrong crowd and Brian (somehow) causing people to turn on what he believed in the most was the last straw. He literally couldn't fight anymore he was drained and probably just wanted the pain to go away or to stop caring so much.

That's my understanding. I don't like it but I can't deny it's feasible. I wish they'd done it differently because it'd have been nice to see Johnny rise above it which is of course also feasible. As for the drugs themselves Johnny and Liz were fairly friendly so I suspect Johnny and The Lost were very much involved in that in LC.

Hate to keep bursting bubbles because I liked your post and each to their own of course but Trevor's potential death felt extremely fake to me and even after seeing them all and wanting to kill this pathetic crowd pleasing shallow excuse for a character, I couldn't sit with that ending.

It makes absolutely no sense to kill him at that point despite the fact it does make sense practically any other moment in the story and it does not resolve the plot at all. Weston still wants Michael dead and there are no guarantees that Steve will hold to his word. Sure the C ending doesn't resolve it either but it does a far better job than A or B.

It'd be like if Niko continued being a criminal after losing Kate/Roman.

Which I think could have happened. He doesn't know anything else and says so repeatedly throughout the plot. It's not as much of a stretch as what happened to Johnny but most people don't want it to happen for exactly the same reason we don't want to see Johnny fall like this. Most people want to see the protagonist rise above their problem or if they fall they do so while fighting against their demons rather than giving into them.

Though they've never said I would be extremely surprised if the Deal scenario was canon because it goes against Niko's character completely. Also there's mention of Roman's Taxi Company which sure Niko could have named after him regardless but I think it's much of a muchness really.

• nobum62 likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:06 PM

Indeed. The way johnny goes out is just a spit to the face of the character; he died as everything he was against in TLAD; a weak, drug addicted, manipulated wuss. Are they sure that's the same man who stormed a State prison with nothing but his balls & his brothers?
As much as I hated knowing that Victor Vance was doomed after I finished VCS, there's a logical reason for it. Here, it just makes no sense at all. His continued relationship with Ashley, his addiction (which was the cause of the events of TLAD in a lot of ways; drugs destroyed his once brother/old friend, drugs got his club into all sorts of trouble, drugs destroyed the once woman of his life...why would someone who lived all this choose to become an addict himself...let alone begin dealing the stuff? TLAD showed us the Lost are pretty resourceful fellows), his taking of Trevor's bullsh*t (and seriously, if he really had to go, why did it have to be Trevor? The guy is just unlikable & a hypocrite in every way; blaming Michael for being manipulative & a liar yet he does the exact same to Wade & Ron) and pretty much doing everything he stood against.

You hate Trevor too?!

Is there anything NOT to like about you?! XD

• Xyn likes this

JeffreyDahmer
  • JeffreyDahmer

Dan Houser Is God

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:34 AM

Johnny getting killed was really no bother to me he was a good Character but its Grand Theft Auto Nobody is immune to getting Killed  but it was just Over way to quick i remember to the months leading up to V i read about how Trevor was at war with the Lost MC i thought this was going to be an epic somewhat drawn out war not killing  the Protagonist and other Central Characters from the TLAD in 1 mission and then  Almost Destroying  the Lost in like what 3 Missions!? wasted Opportunity to say the Least.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users