Is anyone as f*cking PISSED off as I am that Johnny got killed? They didn't even give the man who broke into Alderny State Correctional a decent death.
Did it occur to Rockstar that the protagonist of a DLC purchased by millions was actually LIKED? And Clay and Terry, that was just bullsh*t overkill.
Why Johnny? There was nothing to be gained from killing him. If they are only going to have a reoccurring character on the screen for two minutes, their purpose is USUALLY to be an exciting homage to something the players loved, yet he, Terry, and Clay served no purpose other than being f*cking killed.
Why not kill Luis, anyway? I don't remember anyone liking the uptight, monotone, zombie douchebag.
f*ck you, Rockstar. That was a f*cking cheap move.
I like Johnny, I hate Luis . They should have chose Luis to be killed.
Initial venting aside... Topics arisen since this was posted...
- It's more or less HOW Johnny was killed, by who, in what fashion, under what circumstances, and how Johnny received it more than the fact that he WAS killed.
- It's the WHY, we feel this effect could have been conveyed in the same way without the sacrifice of Johnny and his old crew.
- It violates everything we were meant to believe about Johnny and the Lost in The Lost and Damned.
- It either made Trevor a drag or completely ruined him as a playable character in GTA V. We did not get many reasons to sympathize or just like him during the campaign anyway, but this really pushed it over the edge.
- Bringing Johnny back was unnecessary, poster Grievous said:
The only ending route that made sense was the one we precisely saw at the end of Lost and Damned , with Johnny's three final steps at committing social 'suicide' ; storming a government facility to kill a childhood friend , torching his own home , saying farewell to friends on the phone and sitting on that dirty bed in Brian's safehouse as incessant and loud death metal music rings over his head.
There was no 'need' to bring Johnny back and show people how 'drugs are bad! even if life all falls apart you should never take it as a last resort! and don't touch drug addicted women either!' it would have been akin to have an ambulance arriving and reviving Victor Vance, but on the way back to the hospital the ambulance goes off route and flips upside down and crash and burn and explodes. It's overkill.
- To a lesser extent, but still a present argument, we feel that the presence of Johnny, the Lost, and maybe even the Angels of Death would have led to a much more interesting environment in Blaine County.
[quote name="Prince Gumball" post="1065206555" timestamp="1397738554"][quote name="nobum62" post="1065206543" timestamp="1397738436"]
[quote name="Prince Gumball" post="1065206332" timestamp="1397735414"]
Guys, I had a dream about Johnny K, I was napping but the dream seems kinda long for a 4 hour(?) nap...
I was just hanging around, He was there, He wasn't dead (yet) I was very excited
I confronted him and talked a bit before asking him about stuff, Ashley, Trevor and stuff he does now.
I asked him to let go of it, Ashley, Meth and all that stuff.
I told him I was from the future, I told him he would be dead if he didn't let go of those.
I had my phone but somehow didn't bother to show his death video.
He left, He was pretty cool and calm, I didn't knew if he took me serious or not
Suddenly I felt like I'm in a GTA game, weapon statistics, health and radar hanging around me, floating.
A Johnny Klebitz mission marker appeared on the radar.
I just knew I had to go in there to show him his death video.
But somehow I never got to it.
Though I met Terry and Clay on the way, I saw some pretty rad (and weird) bikes.
I think it ended there, just me, Terry, Clay and some bikes on the highway.
But well that's not the only dream I had just now, There's one about Minecraft too, but that's another story.
you should have dreamt about this happening:
REALLY? if it's true, it's very interesting. A good dream.