Photo

Screw you, Rockstar... GTA V *SPOILERS*

1,411 replies to this topic
Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:28 PM

yes i agrree, is trevor feel-ups luv dat is moore pawer-fool. Knot jahnny kleh bits.

In all seriousness, John and Ash's love is more powerful. Trevor and Patricia's love is just some stupid joke that I didn't find funny. And they totally pussified Martin Madrazo's character, coincidentally like Johnny, Terry, and Clay. All were pussified for the purpose of Trevor. John, Terry and Clay were pussified so that they would take sh*t from Trevor and make him look like a badass although he's not. e.g. Johnny apologizing to Trevor after Trevor f*cked his stupid girlfriend, Terry and Clay running away from Trevor after hearing the news about Johnny, etc. Martin Madrazo was pussified so that they can make a stupid joke for Trevor e.g. Martin not killing Trevor after having his ear torn off when he actually would have ordered him to be killed, Martin welcoming Trevor and sh*tting his pants, etc. You know what happened if you have seen the cutscene

F*ck you rockstar for ruining good characters/characters with potential.

F*ck Trevor.

John and Ash's love isn't powerful. Neither is Trevor's and Patrica's.

Johnny's relationship with Ashley is basically two characters traits whose traits create the story/drama for that moment, it's not love. Johnny's knight style character and while Ashley does sort of qualify as the damsel in distress, she's playing him for her own means, Johnny admits as much to Malc. I was kind of hoping they might develop Ashley to have somewhat likeable qualities but nahhhhh, she's needed as a plot device in GTA V.

As much as I talk (rant) about Trevor having the entire plot bend over for him and him not applying to the usual rules that hold every other character, I didn't make the connection between Madrazo bending over and The Lost bending over until now. Personally I think Patricia is playing Trevor the whole time even afterwards when she contacts him it's a way of keeping him away from her and Madrazo. Or at least that's what I prefer to think because the alternative is yet another character bending over for Trevor.

• thekillerdonuts likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

Well, I must admit I haven't really played GTA V, so my opinion is entirely based on what I read online and seen on videos. But Trevor seems like a totally despicable character, who kills people for slightest reason, belittles his retarded friends, likes to crossdress and has a strong Oedipus complex. I've read that Rockstar tried to make him as a guy with no boundaries, so players wouldn't feel weird when rampaging on police or doing crazy things in the game, but I don't think they achieved it by making an unlikable parody of man from him. While Postal 2 was much less "serious" game than GTA and way over the top, Running With Scissors managed to make the Postal Dude a charming and likable psycho who still feels like a nice guy when pissing on a burning body of innocent bystander. On the other hand, Trevor's personality would rather fit an antagonist in GTA game - he might have his moments when some people would find him cool, but so did Billy Grey or Bulgarin, even Timur.

Love the Postal 2 reference. Kudos to you man :)

• Ledsbourne likes this

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Once an SFPD officer, now a Templar

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:02 AM Edited by SFPD officer, 17 March 2014 - 10:07 AM.

John and Ash's love isn't powerful. Neither is Trevor's and Patrica's.

Johnny's relationship with Ashley is basically two characters traits whose traits create the story/drama for that moment, it's not love. Johnny's knight style character and while Ashley does sort of qualify as the damsel in distress, she's playing him for her own means, Johnny admits as much to Malc. I was kind of hoping they might develop Ashley to have somewhat likeable qualities but nahhhhh, she's needed as a plot device in GTA V.

As much as I talk (rant) about Trevor having the entire plot bend over for him and him not applying to the usual rules that hold every other character, I didn't make the connection between Madrazo bending over and The Lost bending over until now. Personally I think Patricia is playing Trevor the whole time even afterwards when she contacts him it's a way of keeping him away from her and Madrazo. Or at least that's what I prefer to think because the alternative is yet another character bending over for Trevor.

I've never thought of Patricia's relationship with Trevor as just an act. It actually makes much more sense than what we actually got in the game. I mean, sure, there is a thing like the Stockholm syndrome, but I still can't wrap my head around why would Patricia, a woman kidnapped from her home by a bloodthristy criminal, who assaulted her husband and took her away to a trailer in the desert, fall in love with said criminal. Within a couple of days. And we are told this is an actual, deep love. And Patricia is apparently not mentally unstable either, so the "lunatic falls in love with a lunatic" argument can't be used either.

But then again, it doesn't make sense for Patricia to not try and escape, when she's free to roam around the trailer. I haven't played the game in quite some time, but I don't think there was anyone even watching over her most of the time. Oh boy, I feel like justifiying the Indoctrination theory in Mass Effect 3 again. The seeds are there and it makes sense in context of the game and even its theme (Michael playing Trevor and abandoning him, Patricia playing Trevor and abandoning him...).

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

Because if she attempted an escape Trevor would come after her. She had to convince him that she actually loved him and was under Stockholm Syndrome as to make her 'stay' as pleasant as possible. I'd be willing to bet it's not the first time Patrica has been kidnapped by men like Trevor.

I think she doesn't particularly care much for her husband either. Though interestingly, Trevor's place is significantly neater when Patricia is there :p. That said, considering that Trevor is the core character this whole relationship is based on, looking for any logical explanation in it is just folly.

Also people abandoning Trevor... don't get me started on that 'theme'. For God's sake, don't.

nobum62
  • nobum62

some guy who just got into the santa hat fad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:23 AM

Has anyone ever emailed this forum to rockstar? I think I will do it now.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Disreputable Mexican Pharmacist

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:29 AM

Has anyone ever emailed this forum to rockstar? I think I will do it now.

I couldn't find any email... anything they'd possibly respond to, anyway.

I posted it on a few Facebook posts of theirs and Tweeted it a couple times to their page... Beyond a few dozen "likes", not much has been done.

I wouldn't email this post anyway, I'd articulate our ideas more concisely, just say what a dick move it was and all the reasons it doesn't make sense.

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:54 AM

That's a shame. I managed to find Sam Houser's email though.

Nz_fool
  • Nz_fool

Snitch

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:13 AM

Did anyone do a play back of TLAD after play V and felt the same as me, just knowing this great character is going to be killed, this character who we knew so much about killed by a character we knew nothing about, I personally loved the rivalry between The Lost and Trevor, but how is it one meth induced crazed maniac killed off a whole F***ing chapter single handed, with no help, what-so-freaking-ever!
If it was completely necessary to kill johnny off, I think have him as a boss, near the end, when we know who Trevor is, and if his reason to kill johnny was justified.

Jericho176
  • Jericho176

Spoon Killer

• Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:25 AM Edited by Jericho176, 20 March 2014 - 04:26 AM.

I too feel really sad about Johnny being killed off in such way :( I haven't played GTA V yet (waiting for the PC release), I have mixed feelings towards Trevor particularly for what he did to Johnny. I overall like the three GTA V characters, especially Michael. The three of them seem pretty cool, but so far I've only watched some YouTube videos of certain missions and gameplay. I even know the endings of the game, since I couldn't wait. But yeah. Johnny was a favorite of mine. I like him as much as I like Niko.

Since it's easy to hate on a psycho like Trevor, I wonder though, would you hate Michael or Franklin IF one of them killed Johnny in GTA V? For that matter, would you hate Niko as well IF he was responsible for Johnny's death in some way (sometime after the events of GTA IV)?

Ledsbourne
  • Ledsbourne

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:45 AM

I actually lost some of my sympathy for Niko for killing Jim :( Fair enough he got rid of Boccino later on as well, but still. As for Trevor, I'm waiting for PC release of V as well (not that I'm in a hurry anyway, wouldn't have time to get sucked into playing it now anyway), but 

Spoiler
;)

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:04 PM Edited by Peachrocks, 20 March 2014 - 02:09 PM.

I too feel really sad about Johnny being killed off in such way :( I haven't played GTA V yet (waiting for the PC release), I have mixed feelings towards Trevor particularly for what he did to Johnny. I overall like the three GTA V characters, especially Michael. The three of them seem pretty cool, but so far I've only watched some YouTube videos of certain missions and gameplay. I even know the endings of the game, since I couldn't wait. But yeah. Johnny was a favorite of mine. I like him as much as I like Niko.

Since it's easy to hate on a psycho like Trevor, I wonder though, would you hate Michael or Franklin IF one of them killed Johnny in GTA V? For that matter, would you hate Niko as well IF he was responsible for Johnny's death in some way (sometime after the events of GTA IV)?

I wouldn't hate on Michael or Franklin because if either of those characters killed Johnny it would have to be for beyond reasons because 'the plot demands it' because neither character gets away with such things throughout the plot. If Michael killed him it'd likely be because Johnny was probably selling drugs to Jim (Michael's son not Fitzgerald lol and not Michael Klebitz either, geez isn't that weird) and Jim refused to pay or did something stupid, pissing off Johnny and Michael gets paternal.

If Franklin had killed him basically would be Lamar doing getting himself in sh*t with the Lost and Franklin rescuing him. Yes both of these themes are used a few too many times throughout the story but it's not terrible because you can at least relate to the characters and their motivations. Trevor does not have any of this.

Trevor killing Johnny does not help his character but it's not the core reason I dislike him and truth be told I don't think it's the reason any of us dislike him whether we realize it or not. The reason is the fact that Trevor's character is completely devoid of consequence or meaning because 'he's random' and therefore supposedly beyond such things. News flash: This makes for a terrible character.

It's as I've said before, he feels a lot like a very badly designed fan character. Kills off a character the writer doesn't like, is able to do whatever they want with minimal to no real serious consequences and other characters around them are deliberately weakened as to make him look stronger (e.g Madrazo and Johnny).

I actually lost some of my sympathy for Niko for killing Jim :( Fair enough he got rid of Boccino later on as well, but still. As for Trevor, I'm waiting for PC release of V as well (not that I'm in a hurry anyway, wouldn't have time to get sucked into playing it now anyway), but [spoiler]you can get rid of him in a fairly satisfactory way at the end, so Johnny's death will not go unavenged ;)

I really like Jim. His character is so strong and he's a big reason I like TLAD so much. However I didn't lose sympathy or have harsh feelings for Niko, he had no idea who he was and it was simply the business they were in. Jim was also hardly innocent in that case.

However there's also a reason they drastically changed Jim's character from GTA 4 to TLAD. This might be because of a certain unlikely conspiracy theory (Jim didn't die, he stole the never mentioned again two million and disappeared and had Jackie identify the guy Niko killed as Jim while bribing cops to change the records as to get Jim out of that lifestyle).

More likely however it was because GTA 4 Jim was a massive biker stereotype who would be difficult to add depth to. Jason  was somewhat similar but he was destined to die very early on.

It's a bit meh using spoiler tags now I think we are past the safe zone of release not to mention the endings have been mentioned a few times. In response to Trevor's possible death I don't agree. I felt nothing but a sense of emptiness doing it. I also knew before hand that Trevor could die in one of the endings and was like "I am so going for that option" but when the circumstances of Trevor's would be death became apparent I was massively disappointed.

Why? Because throughout the entire plot there are loads of better times to kill Trevor. When the time finally does come to do it, it's one of the few times where it makes no sense to do so.

When Trevor first comes back and causes problems for Michael and Dave? Here's an idea... kill him.

When Trevor kidnaps Patricia and forces Michael into exile? Here's an idea... kill him.

When Trevor's acting like a baby during the final because of Brad? Here's an idea... kill him

Okay, Lester says 'we can't do it without Trevor'. Why? It's never said why, it's just because 'the plot needs Trevor alive'. Having someone as irrational as Trevor around is a serious liability and honestly most of the pilots/gunmen you can hire are pretty solid at their job so why again do we need this asshole?

So when the time finally comes to kill him it actually makes no sense to kill him because it doesn't solve any of the problems Michael and Franklin have. Sure the final 'proper' ending doesn't exactly wrap it up either but it does a better job of it than just killing Trevor does. Devin would still want Michael dead, Merryweather will still want revenge and what's to say that Steve Haines can't cause problems for Michael and Franklin still which again considering he's FIB is the whole reason Franklin considered killing Trevor in the first place.

After ending C, I wanted to push Trevor off the cliff right after Devin. On the bright side I can call him and run him over, throw tear gas at him and make him run through it, blow him up, arrange 'accidents' and so on.

• Ledsbourne, thekillerdonuts and nobum62 like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 20 March 2014 - 06:52 PM

The bikers in TLAD always used to say 'Let's go piss on something mainstream!'

And in the end, they get pissed on by the mainstream GTA V. f*ck you R*.

• Ledsbourne and Drunken Cowboy like this

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

It's not like anyone cares anyway

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:41 AM

I heard that some fans were pissed off about Mass Effect 3's ending (I never played it) so they made some kind of campaign demanding a better ending, and it worked, they expanded the ending or some sh*t.

Maybe we could also start a campaign to change this scene? But I doubt R* is hearing us since they're to busy Playing GTA Online doing something.

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:14 PM Edited by nobum62, 22 March 2014 - 03:16 PM.

I heard that some fans were pissed off about Mass Effect 3's ending (I never played it) so they made some kind of campaign demanding a better ending, and it worked, they expanded the ending or some sh*t.

Maybe we could also start a campaign to change this scene? But I doubt R* is hearing us since they're to busy Playing GTA Online doing something.

No, actually their campaign didn't work. All Bioware (the developers) did was fill in SOME plotholes of the ending, but then they ended up creating other plotholes with their extended cut. In other words, the extended cut did not fix anything, and disappointed so many fans including myself that we just decided to stop buying EA's games. The extended cut was just a biiiiig middle finger to the fans, because they didn't give a sh*t about fixing the ending when making the extended cut.

If we start a campaign about Johnny-Boy's death, it will not work, because first of all, i think rockstar doesn't give a sh*t about us. Let's face it: John's death was a big middle finger to every TLAD and Johnny fan. Also, believe it or not, but a lot of people liked what happened to John, Terry and Clay. How many? I would say about 50% of the people who watched the scene (they all need to be institutionalized because they are insane). So we won't get support from everyone.

Now, if they have pissed off multiple fanbases other than the TLAD fanbase, then maybe all of our fanbases can team up together and start a campaign.

Also people abandoning Trevor... don't get me started on that 'theme'. For God's sake, don't.

Wow Trevor, everyone always abandons you? Well if you weren't such an asshole to people weaker than you and didn't bully people to get what you want, then people wouldn't abandon you all the time. I'm just surprised Ron actually likes you... or maybe you only scared him into liking you. f*ck you Trevor.

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

No, actually their campaign didn't work. All Bioware (the developers) did was fill in SOME plotholes of the ending, but then they ended up creating other plotholes with their extended cut. In other words, the extended cut did not fix anything, and disappointed so many fans including myself that we just decided to stop buying EA's games. The extended cut was just a biiiiig middle finger to the fans, because they didn't give a sh*t about fixing the ending when making the extended cut.

If we start a campaign about Johnny-Boy's death, it will not work, because first of all, i think rockstar doesn't give a sh*t about us. Let's face it: John's death was a big middle finger to every TLAD and Johnny fan. Also, believe it or not, but a lot of people liked what happened to John, Terry and Clay. How many? I would say about 50% of the people who watched the scene (they all need to be institutionalized because they are insane). So we won't get support from everyone.

Now, if they have pissed off multiple fanbases other than the TLAD fanbase, then maybe all of our fanbases can team up together and start a campaign.

Yeah the fact they haven't said zip on it and the fact Trevor isn't the widely hated character he should be simply because he has an appeal to simple minded people pretty much says there's zero hope for any sort of rewrite or even getting a reason why they did things this way.

I've certainly seen characters who are less aggravating than Trevor be strongly disliked by a fan base for similar reasons but because of the 'lowest common denominator' appeal, it's not going to happen.

Also I told you not to get me started on the 'why do people always abandon me?' :D. It's one of the most unbearable things he says in the plot and there's a lot of unbearable things he says and does. As for Ron, there's no real explanation for that either other than the fact they are both conspiracy theorists oh and relating to practically everything else about Trevor 'the plot demands it'.

Wade is manipulated cruelly and made to believe people abandoned him too so he can falsely identify with Trevor and despite this Trevor still abuses him after Wade tracks Michael down. I know it's meant to be played for laughs and to empower Trevor (as with practically every other scene he's in) but it just looks pathetic and it shouldn't endear people to Trevor at all but like I said, 'lowest common denominator'.

• thekillerdonuts and nobum62 like this

Jvaz615
  • Jvaz615

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

Let me start by saying that I was a big fan of Johnny K and the Lost and that whole episode. That being said, I don't get why everyone is so up in arms about his death. It's not like Johnny wa the innocent who never harmed a fly. He murdered, stole, kidnapped people etc. Did his death come across as him being a bitch? Yes it did. Because in a way, he was. He was Ashley's bitch an he was meths bitch. It's just like Trevor said in the "Nervous Ron" mission. "Man was weak for Ashley, weak for crystal. Man was weak". This happens 5 years after the events of GTA IV. Obviously Johnny changed and we saw what he became.
  • Orto_Dogge likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:40 PM Edited by B Dawg, 23 March 2014 - 08:41 PM.

Let me start by saying that I was a big fan of Johnny K and the Lost and that whole episode. That being said, I don't get why everyone is so up in arms about his death. It's not like Johnny wa the innocent who never harmed a fly. He murdered, stole, kidnapped people etc. Did his death come across as him being a bitch? Yes it did. Because in a way, he was. He was Ashley's bitch an he was meths bitch. It's just like Trevor said in the "Nervous Ron" mission. "Man was weak for Ashley, weak for crystal. Man was weak". This happens 5 years after the events of GTA IV. Obviously Johnny changed and we saw what he became.

I'll go straight up and say: Who gives a crap about Johnny now? I'm pissed about the rest of The Lost being pussified (Terry&Clay, and The Lost being the player's #1 enemy instead of the Angels Of Death, they got rid of the Angels and made up this impossible scenario that the Trio somehow conquered the West Coast just to kill them by a sub-par protagonist in a sub-par game)

Terry and Clay could easily blow Trevor away!

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

Let me start by saying that I was a big fan of Johnny K and the Lost and that whole episode. That being said, I don't get why everyone is so up in arms about his death. It's not like Johnny wa the innocent who never harmed a fly. He murdered, stole, kidnapped people etc.

So did every GTA protagonist, but it's not about proper retribution and realism. In real life, Johnny would be the villain, and this is justice. But this is GTA, a franchise where we're meant to see the traditional "bad guys" as our heroes. Exactly the reason they would NEVER kill Niko or CJ, who are responsible for more murders than Johnny, mind you.

• B Dawg, thekillerdonuts and nobum62 like this

Jvaz615
  • Jvaz615

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:25 PM

Let me start by saying that I was a big fan of Johnny K and the Lost and that whole episode. That being said, I don't get why everyone is so up in arms about his death. It's not like Johnny wa the innocent who never harmed a fly. He murdered, stole, kidnapped people etc.

So did every GTA protagonist, but it's not about proper retribution and realism. In real life, Johnny would be the villain, and this is justice. But this is GTA, a franchise where we're meant to see the traditional "bad guys" as our heroes. Exactly the reason they would NEVER kill Niko or CJ, who are responsible for more murders than Johnny, mind you.

Yes it's a game that we play the "bad" guy. Which makes the argument of Trevor killing Johnny even more silly. Trevor is a bad guy. Probably the most psychotic protagonist in GTA history. Bad guys do bad things. Niko killed plenty of people. So did CJ. So did Johnny. So does Trevor.

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:27 PM

Yes it's a game that we play the "bad" guy. Which makes the argument of Trevor killing Johnny even more silly. Trevor is a bad guy. Probably the most psychotic protagonist in GTA history. Bad guys do bad things. Niko killed plenty of people. So did CJ. So did Johnny. So does Trevor.

"this is GTA, a franchise where we're meant to see the traditional "bad guys" as our heroes."

Besides, the brilliant thing about characters like Niko and Johnny is that we don't agree with what they do, but at least we can see their reasons for why they are doing them and agree with those. Niko had to make money to pay off his cousin's debts, and Johnny did what he felt is right to help his brothers. With Trevor, he's just "lolololol im in my underwear killin ppl". 

Jvaz615
  • Jvaz615

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:30 PM

"this is GTA, a franchise where we're meant to see the traditional "bad guys" as our heroes."

Besides, the brilliant thing about characters like Niko and Johnny is that we don't agree with what they do, but at least we can see their reasons for why they are doing them and agree with those. Niko had to make money to pay off his cousin's debts, and Johnny did what he felt is right to help his brothers. With Trevor, he's just "lolololol im in my underwear killin ppl". 

I respectfully disagree. We may not like the reasons or agree with them or even fully understand them but Trevor has his reasons for what he does.

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:26 AM Edited by nobum62, 24 March 2014 - 12:29 AM.

I respectfully disagree. We may not like the reasons or agree with them or even fully understand them but Trevor has his reasons for what he does.

Trevor has reasons too, but are you able to sympathize with them? I wasn't. I was able to sympathize with Niko and Johnny's reasons though.

Jvaz615
  • Jvaz615

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:31 AM

Trevor has reasons too, but are you able to sympathize with them? I wasn't. I was able to sympathize with Niko and Johnny's reasons though.

Like him or not, Trevor is fiercely loyal to his friends. When we first meet him, he realizes his supposed best friend lied to him and betrayed him. Yeah I can sympathize with that. Johnny was in the wrong place at the wrong time saying the wrong things to Trevor.

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:26 AM Edited by Peachrocks, 24 March 2014 - 03:29 AM.

Like him or not, Trevor is fiercely loyal to his friends. When we first meet him, he realizes his supposed best friend lied to him and betrayed him. Yeah I can sympathize with that. Johnny was in the wrong place at the wrong time saying the wrong things to Trevor.

Fiercely loyal? Is that why he feels the need to manipulate them? What he does to Wade and sometimes Ron (as much as I'm not big on him either) is disgusting.

The whole fact Johnny did not survive such an encounter is what angers people. They weakened Johnny for the sole purpose of empowering Trevor and gave weak reasons for doing so. It's made worse when you consider Johnny is a very plot heavy, often misunderstood (by the community) and deep character and was weakened for the sole purpose of strengthening a shallow, inconsistent, stupid mess of a character designed solely to appeal to the dumb majority.
  • Choco Taco, Drunken Cowboy and nobum62 like this

Jvaz615
  • Jvaz615

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:30 AM Edited by Jvaz615, 24 March 2014 - 03:32 AM.

Fiercely loyal? Is that why he feels the need to manipulate them? What he does to Wade and sometimes Ron (as much as I'm not big on him either) is disgusting.

The whole fact Johnny did not survive such an encounter is what angers people. They weakened Johnny for the sole purpose of empowering Trevor and gave weak reasons for doing so. It's made worse when you consider Johnny is a very plot heavy, often misunderstood (by the community) and deep character and was weakened for the sole purpose of strengthening a shallow, inconsistent, stupid mess of a character.
Maybe the traits you listed are exactly why they did it. It's a story driven game. They wanted to make an impact and they did. After playing through TLAD a few times, there was no way Johnny was gonna have a happy ending. Yeah great he stormed the prison and killed Billy. I'm tired of people bringing that up. Yes he was a bad ass...5 years ago. That whole story was about his brothers, his family and his life crumbling around him. Apparently, all of those events took a toll on Johnny. He fell back into the waiting destructive arms of Ashley and meth and met his demise this finishing the downfall of the Lost and Johnny Klebitz
  • HaythamKenway likes this

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:37 AM

Maybe the traits you listed are exactly why they did it. It's a story driven game. They wanted to make an impact and they did. After playing through TLAD a few times, there was no way Johnny was gonna have a happy ending. Yeah great he stormed the prison and killed Billy. I'm tired of people bringing that up. Yes he was a bad ass...5 years ago. That whole story was about his brothers, his family and his life crumbling around him. Apparently, all of those events took a toll on Johnny. He fell back into the waiting destructive arms of Ashley and meth and met his demise this finishing the downfall of the Lost and Johnny Klebitz

This has been mentioned before and my response remains the same. Nobody expected a happy ending and sure in real life it could have gone down this way but it doesn't make for good writing and it certainly doesn't endear people who liked Johnny and TLAD to Trevor. If they really wanted to kill Johnny while still making it evident the toll these events had on him there were loads of better ways to do it.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:43 AM

Doesn't matter if Johnny's ending was happy, or even if he was killed or not. It just makes no f*cking sense that he was killed by Trevor under such circumstance. The most logical course of action seemed to be him just sulking and wasting away in Brian's sh*tty safehouse, but to revive the Lost just to whip the sh*t out of them for "badasz muth4fukin truvir!!111!" makes no sense.

• Choco Taco, thekillerdonuts and nobum62 like this

Jeff Holmes
  • Jeff Holmes

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:31 AM Edited by Jeff Holmes, 25 March 2014 - 04:52 AM.

it pissed me of to i would have really liked Trevor johnny were good friends we do some drug deals then at one drug deal with the angel's of death it go's bad T and johnny get in there bikes then we have this big showdown with the angel's of death and johnny and Trevor are fighting to survive then the leader of the angel's of death pop's out johnny and Trevor hop on there bikes yet again then there we follow the angel's of death leader we get in a big fight with him T gets knocked out we see johnny fighting to protect Trevor then he wakes up johnny gets shot the the ending if you pick death wish INSTEAD of Mr. Cheng it the angel's of death leader we kill get revenge on johnny anyways what i'm trying to say is it would have been WAY better if johnny and Trevor were friends hell maybe Trevor was a part of the lost i also find it assaulting that you can get leather jackets for Trevor i mean you kill a awesome character that was a fan favorite and you give the character WHO KILLED HIM something he would ware i mean that's just like a huge troll all i know that R* really f*cked up on this one i hope there a DLC where they fix the whole story or at least have dlc to see him go to LS or somehow alive it would properly bring back a lot fans of GTA 

LordVukodlak
  • LordVukodlak

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:45 AM Edited by LordVukodlak, 24 March 2014 - 10:47 AM.

This has been mentioned before and my response remains the same. Nobody expected a happy ending and sure in real life it could have gone down this way but it doesn't make for good writing and it certainly doesn't endear people who liked Johnny and TLAD to Trevor. If they really wanted to kill Johnny while still making it evident the toll these events had on him there were loads of better ways to do it.

Nope having his head stomped in like he was a nobody mook who didn't matter is THE BEST way at making it evident the toll of those events had on him. You want to show how low a former protagonist has fallen have mowed down like mook. Johnny's death was perfectly inline with the story from the Los and the Damned, pathetic and meaningless.

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

Nope having his head stomped in like he was a nobody mook who didn't matter is THE BEST way at making it evident the toll of those events had on him. You want to show how low a former protagonist has fallen have mowed down like mook. Johnny's death was perfectly inline with the story from the Los and the Damned, pathetic and meaningless.

Said by someone who clearly disliked Johnny precisely who this 'ending' was meant to appease. Thanks for confirming what I already knew.

Almost all of the protagonists could be summed up by pathetic and meaningless by that definition.

• thekillerdonuts, Drunken Cowboy and nobum62 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users