Photo

Screw you, Rockstar... GTA V *SPOILERS*

1,003 replies to this topic
nobum62
  • nobum62

douchebag who owns a chromed zentorno

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:31 AM Edited by nobum62, 22 February 2014 - 02:31 AM.

well... having 20 pages and not being noticed by C* is not as bad as having 254 pages and not being noticed by cockstar. like this PC thread: http://gtaforums.com...n/?fromsearch=1

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:52 AM Edited by Peachrocks, 22 February 2014 - 07:57 AM.

So I just realized we're up to twenty pages here...
I'm guessing there's no means of getting C*'s attention by now.

Pretty much... I'm not usually for fanfiction but after the woeful plot of V (though I still really like the beginning before FIB/Trevor), I'd kind of want to try find something solid... Grevious! Come out from under that rock and write something useful :D.

Rockstar: we will make lots of money off GTA V no matter what we do! in fact, we might as well have a mediocre storyline and have a previous protagonist get killed in an out-of-character way lol.

:( maybe this will cheer you up

Wish I could do something like this. Haven't had time to watch it all yet but if Johnny, Terry and Clay all respawned in this way, why didn't Jim? He's immortal in gang wars too... dundundun!

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

The Cheesiest of Vaginas

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 22 February 2014 - 07:18 PM

So I just realized we're up to twenty pages here...
I'm guessing there's no means of getting C*'s attention by now.

Pretty much... I'm not usually for fanfiction but after the woeful plot of V (though I still really like the beginning before FIB/Trevor), I'd kind of want to try find something solid... Grevious! Come out from under that rock and write something useful :D.

Rockstar: we will make lots of money off GTA V no matter what we do! in fact, we might as well have a mediocre storyline and have a previous protagonist get killed in an out-of-character way lol. :( maybe this will cheer you up

Wish I could do something like this. Haven't had time to watch it all yet but if Johnny, Terry and Clay all respawned in this way, why didn't Jim? He's immortal in gang wars too... dundundun!

Just additional evidence that Jim never died.
DUN DUNN DUH DUUUUUUUNNNNN

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:54 PM

My old favorite conspiracy theory... pretty obvious where I'd be going with 'a video' :D.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

The Cheesiest of Vaginas

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

So uhhhhh... how is everyone?

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

Love hurts

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:48 PM

I'm dying.

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:05 PM Edited by nobum62, 05 March 2014 - 09:25 PM.

i missed this thread.

honestly, the reason i joined gtaforums is because of this thread.

after watching mr. phillips for the first time, i was really pissed at how johnny, terry and clay died and decided to find out if people felt the same way as me. i used google to find this thread. it cheered me up to see people complaining about the bullsh*t we were given in V.

i had to make an account just to post.

• Drunken Cowboy and trailerparkboys420 like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:23 PM Edited by B Dawg, 05 March 2014 - 09:24 PM.

Dead? Naw, they're just pretending. Why would they waste bullets on a guy like Trevor? Not worth their time.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Ig0z_nspfRo

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

The Cheesiest of Vaginas

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:14 AM

I'm dying.

Technically we all are...

trailerparkboys420
  • trailerparkboys420

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:36 AM

i missed this thread.

after watching mr. phillips for the first time, i was really pissed at how johnny, terry and clay died and decided to find out if people felt the same way as me. i used google to find this thread. it cheered me up to see people complaining about the bullsh*t we were given in V.

Man same here, i just made an account but ive been reading the sh*t posted in here and sharing the godamn hate for what happened to johnny the jew, also im stoned as f*ck so forgive me for my grammar.

• Drunken Cowboy and nobum62 like this

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:00 AM

Sooooo any one good at art? Writing? Some sort of fan activity we can do to bind us together other than talk about the same nonsense in circles?

I had an account earlier I can't remember why but I rarely post much on forums. You don't need to think hard about why that is. Still, there are occasional exceptions :).

Elscoumouno95
  • Elscoumouno95

Bleeder burger eater !

• Members
  • France

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:15 PM

i missed this thread.

Exactly the same, I was just shocked by the way how they killed Johnny, one of the bad-assest character of GTA series, seriously he is a real man a man of honnor who take his responsabilities and don't let his friends go he do every thing to protect his ex and he left her when he know she was totally f*cked up he is a man of reason.

Seriously as a medival era fan for me Johnny is the chivalry spirit.

And killed by a little frustrated prick called Trevor who's usefull just because all of the GTA V's characters are whiner or hysterical it's juste funny yes the death of Johnny is funny I know now his death has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

GTA V is just a parody of GTA IV.

That make more sence now.... I'm happy

Troll of course but the plot of GTA V was... just wasn't, it does not really here.

trailerparkboys420
  • trailerparkboys420

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:57 AM

What I don't get is why people hate him so much. He wasn't a stereotypical

i missed this thread.

Exactly the same, I was just shocked by the way how they killed Johnny, one of the bad-assest character of GTA series, seriously he is a real man a man of honnor who take his responsabilities and don't let his friends go he do every thing to protect his ex and he left her when he know she was totally f*cked up he is a man of reason.

Seriously as a medival era fan for me Johnny is the chivalry spirit.

And killed by a little frustrated prick called Trevor who's usefull just because all of the GTA V's characters are whiner or hysterical it's juste funny yes the death of Johnny is funny I know now his death has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

GTA V is just a parody of GTA IV.

That make more sence now.... I'm happy

Troll of course but the plot of GTA V was... just wasn't, it does not really here.

What I don't get is why people hate him so much, he wasn't a stereotypical biker, he got a good story (until V), his personality is relatable, and in ways he's similar to niko. Same with his club they weren't racist and they were likable, like Billy and Brian they may be dicks but they were still hilarious.

• nobum62 likes this

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:08 AM

Sooooo any one good at art? Writing? Some sort of fan activity we can do to bind us together other than talk about the same nonsense in circles?

I had an account earlier I can't remember why but I rarely post much on forums. You don't need to think hard about why that is. Still, there are occasional exceptions :).

Well, I did make that AGK video but I don't really know if it is that great. i'm not sure if people find it funny.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

The Cheesiest of Vaginas

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:14 AM

Ahhhh, to hell with fan fic. I'm still gonna try to get some sort of C* response. 

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:00 AM

Ahhhh, to hell with fan fic. I'm still gonna try to get some sort of C* response. 

You wait. I'm not the biggest fanfic fan either and I've only read a few and yeah that's why I say GTA V reads like bad fanfiction because it puts me off the whole experience cus it's so hard to find gems.

However I think seeing as they haven't said anything about it by now I don't think they ever will. So good luck waiting, I suspect you'll need it.

More story based DLC might go into detail more but I am not setting myself up for more disappointment.

Well, I did make that AGK video but I don't really know if it is that great. i'm not sure if people find it funny.

It's a start :D. I've just seen that gag a few times, there really is something about angry Germans isn't there?

What I don't get is why people hate him so much, he wasn't a stereotypical biker, he got a good story (until V), his personality is relatable, and in ways he's similar to niko. Same with his club they weren't racist and they were likable, like Billy and Brian they may be dicks but they were still hilarious.

I think BECAUSE he's not a stereotype people didn't like him. Whether most people admit it or not, they like stereotypes and like making stereotypical assumptions. Johnny had depth and had far more honor than any GTA protagonist.

This however is confused for being a 'whiny fag' or whatever. Johnny, Jim, Clay, Terry and Angus take some serious understanding and it's not something people can immediately click with, especially not the way some people play this game and especially not considering how disproportionately popular Trevor is.

Oddly enough, I think not many people can relate to Johnny because of his depth. Especially if they don't dig into the reasons why he joined The Lost in the first place and why he felt obligated to live an outlaw life style despite having the personality of chivalrous knight. Most of those things will simply be overlooked...

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

The Cheesiest of Vaginas

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

I think BECAUSE he's not a stereotype people didn't like him. Whether most people admit it or not, they like stereotypes and like making stereotypical assumptions. Johnny had depth and had far more honor than any GTA protagonist.

This however is confused for being a 'whiny fag' or whatever. Johnny, Jim, Clay, Terry and Angus take some serious understanding and it's not something people can immediately click with, especially not the way some people play this game and especially not considering how disproportionately popular Trevor is.

Oddly enough, I think not many people can relate to Johnny because of his depth. Especially if they don't dig into the reasons why he joined The Lost in the first place and why he felt obligated to live an outlaw life style despite having the personality of chivalrous knight. Most of those things will simply be overlooked...

WHO C4R3S TREVURS W4R1N A DR3SS N CHUT1N PE0pl3 XD XD XDdddd!!!!1111111

• nobum62 and Elscoumouno95 like this

ScorpioStriker
  • ScorpioStriker

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:33 PM

I just got to that part too, can't explain how pissed i got. I really like Johnny and wtf they did with him... he acted so different like a pussy, it made me so fcking pissed, Trevor fcking his girl and then beating him up WTFFFF, i actually let the bikers kill Trevor several times during the mission to avange!

I feel you man. To me it's a sign that the grand theft auto series is going to sh*t. I've played since the very first one. I loved 4 and tlad better than any other one and when I saw Johnny I got so excited I knew it was Ashley the second I saw that jacket and I was like wtf is this? Then  I heard and saw Johnny and thought oh yeah someones about to get an ass beating...and then to Watch Johnny just get stomped ...and take it like a pussy ...that was not the johnny we all know and love it really upset me lol. I didn't even like gta 5 from that point on. Still don't actually.

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:58 AM Edited by Peachrocks, 10 March 2014 - 02:58 AM.

I just got to that part too, can't explain how pissed i got. I really like Johnny and wtf they did with him... he acted so different like a pussy, it made me so fcking pissed, Trevor fcking his girl and then beating him up WTFFFF, i actually let the bikers kill Trevor several times during the mission to avange!

I feel you man. To me it's a sign that the grand theft auto series is going to sh*t. I've played since the very first one. I loved 4 and tlad better than any other one and when I saw Johnny I got so excited I knew it was Ashley the second I saw that jacket and I was like wtf is this? Then  I heard and saw Johnny and thought oh yeah someones about to get an ass beating...and then to Watch Johnny just get stomped ...and take it like a pussy ...that was not the johnny we all know and love it really upset me lol. I didn't even like gta 5 from that point on. Still don't actually.

To be fair while Johnny's death does mark the point the story goes south it's not why, it's mostly to do with Trevor's being reintroduced to the plot. I loved the start of the story in GTA V, really good and sure there were a few moments post Trevor but on the most part it's just ugh... Michael was a solid character though he had a few odd moments in dealing with Trevor but that's more of a character weakness,

Michael was never good at diplomatically solving a problem and unfortunately the game doesn't allow him to use his usual problem solving method to kill him until the one time where it makes absolutely no sense to do so. I really wanted to kill him too but it just does NOT make any sense to do so...

A lot like Luis, Franklin had a lot of potential especially pre Trevor but it seemed they didn't know what to do with him when Trevor was introduced because they focused too much on the Michael-Trevor relationship (which always felt really stupid to me) and couldn't fit Franklin's character anywhere in that. So again the story gets dragged down.

As soon as Trevor is introduced though we are expected to shallow massive suspensions of disbelief throughout the entire plot because 'lol look at me, I'm random lolzers'. In addition I normally love government conspiracies, intrigue and such things like Stubbs in GTA IV and to a lesser extent how Charles Doberman (the IAA contact for Niko) was done, perhaps because it took up only a small part of the plot but perhaps also because there ended up being clear benefits for the characters to work with them.

In the FIB's case, the characters are their bitch and this goes on and on and on. Again it indirectly relates to Trevor because he only helps  believing that they'll help spring Brad from prison despite no such promises ever being made or mentioned by ANYONE, he believes it/carries the idiot ball for the sole purpose of moving the plot all the while acting like a self righteous prick... its... so substandard.

UFFZ Derp
  • UFFZ Derp

Shut the f*ck up, Donny!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:29 AM

Missed an opportunity to expand on a Johnny, Terrence, Clay character swapping adventure... Seriously, it could have been ANYONE Trevor curb stomped, but rockstar made it someone we invested hours upon hours into. 

Effect if it was some random dude:

Trevor pounded that guys face in for really no reason. K, I know all I need to know about this character.

Effect the scene actually had:

Trevor just pounded JOHNNY'S face in? You mean that guy that was noble, and did things for the benefit of his brothers? The guy that broke into prison to kill one man, and got out alive? The badass he was made to be in The Lost and Damned? Trevor, worst character 2013.

• Choco Taco, Majestic81, Ermac. and 2 others like this

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

Seriously, it could have been ANYONE Trevor curb stomped, but rockstar made it someone we invested hours upon hours into. 

Yep.

I believe Rockstar said the DLC for IV didn't sell very well.  That means many of the people who played V didn't even know who Johnny was so he was basically a random character to them.

The people who supported Rockstar and bought the DLC and enjoyed playing as Johnny were the ones Rockstar decided to screw over.  Thanks for letting us know the character we liked playing as was just a giant pussy the whole time.

• nobum62 likes this

BloodyWarlord
  • BloodyWarlord

Off is the general direction in which you should f*ck.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:11 AM

GTA V: The Lost and Damned? ;)

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:04 AM Edited by B Dawg, 14 March 2014 - 11:11 AM.

Missed an opportunity to expand on a Johnny, Terrence, Clay character swapping adventure

While it sounds really awesome, the f*cked up driving mechanics would make it sh*t.

Sure, Johnny used to do drugs, sure he can't let go of a bitch, but he was never a pussy. I'm pretty sure he wasn't a pussy before the events of TLAD, else he never would have been Vice President. He unrealisticly exterminated the Angels Of Death with a small club and then became a pussy? His line in V should have been:

''We all get high! We all get high! But that don't make it right! f*cking my girl ain't right you redneck prick!'' *pulls out sawn-off shotgun and kills drunk confused Trevor*

• Drunken Cowboy and trailerparkboys420 like this

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:28 AM Edited by nobum62, 15 March 2014 - 05:29 AM.

Nah, it should have been:

"What's that? Ashley had sex with Trevor? Like I give a f*ck."

UFFZ Derp
  • UFFZ Derp

Shut the f*ck up, Donny!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:49 AM

Nah, it should have been:

"What's that? Ashley had sex with Trevor? Like I give a f*ck."

This. The development of the character in TLaD points towards him leaving her. 

I also read on another post that if you call Ashley after you beat the main story, she'll ask you for tree fiddy and you'll tell her to "go kill yourself on your own." 

Off topic: This Rockstar steam sale looks suspicious... Almost like they're gonna announce the PC version of GTA 5. 

• nobum62 likes this

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:36 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

As much as I wasn't thrilled with Johnny being with Ashley again it's not out of the realm of possibility. At least not as much as everything else that goes on in that scene. Yes, she's used as an obvious plot device to weaken Johnny much like everything else in that scene but it's probably the only thing in that scene that was a real possibility aside from 'just because'.

Remember that Johnny's greatest weakness is that he cares too much and it's why he has the 'chivalrous knight' character he does. He may have said that he's done with her and this is actually on Angus' advice who says 'that if he is truly done with her, he has to cut it off completely' but as much as he rationally knew Ashley was bad for him he cannot abandon a cry for help. Even at the start of the plot Johnny and Ashley do not appear to be 'involved' and sounds done with her yet he still comes at her call.

• SFPD officer likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:12 PM Edited by B Dawg, 15 March 2014 - 05:15 PM.

I was messing around with the Simple Native Trainer, and decided to record this to please my fellow brothers. This isn't about Johnny, this is about Terry and Clay! They have no weaknesses and they cannot die!

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

The Cheesiest of Vaginas

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:32 AM Edited by Drunken Cowboy, 16 March 2014 - 01:34 AM.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

As much as I wasn't thrilled with Johnny being with Ashley again it's not out of the realm of possibility. At least not as much as everything else that goes on in that scene. Yes, she's used as an obvious plot device to weaken Johnny much like everything else in that scene but it's probably the only thing in that scene that was a real possibility aside from 'just because'.

Remember that Johnny's greatest weakness is that he cares too much and it's why he has the 'chivalrous knight' character he does. He may have said that he's done with her and this is actually on Angus' advice who says 'that if he is truly done with her, he has to cut it off completely' but as much as he rationally knew Ashley was bad for him he cannot abandon a cry for help. Even at the start of the plot Johnny and Ashley do not appear to be 'involved' and sounds done with her yet he still comes at her call.

Shame we couldn't see the happy ending in some other way, at least some chemistry with them before they're so callously offed. 

Johnny and Ashley in "Coming Down" was one of the different but powerful reflection of Johnny's character, as well as Ashley when they get back her apartment.

comic book bridging TLaD 2008-2013 gap pls, rokstur.

I mean... compare the love, maaan... One of 'em is just more powerful.

Coming_Down_(trailer).png

Trevor-2.jpg

• Ledsbourne likes this

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:58 AM Edited by nobum62, 16 March 2014 - 03:59 AM.

yes i agrree, is trevor feel-ups luv dat is moore pawer-fool. Knot jahnny kleh bits.

In all seriousness, John and Ash's love is more powerful. Trevor and Patricia's love is just some stupid joke that I didn't find funny. And they totally pussified Martin Madrazo's character, coincidentally like Johnny, Terry, and Clay. All were pussified for the purpose of Trevor. John, Terry and Clay were pussified so that they would take sh*t from Trevor and make him look like a badass although he's not. e.g. Johnny apologizing to Trevor after Trevor f*cked his stupid girlfriend, Terry and Clay running away from Trevor after hearing the news about Johnny, etc. Martin Madrazo was pussified so that they can make a stupid joke for Trevor e.g. Martin not killing Trevor after having his ear torn off when he actually would have ordered him to be killed, Martin welcoming Trevor and sh*tting his pants, etc. You know what happened if you have seen the cutscene

F*ck you rockstar for ruining good characters/characters with potential.

F*ck Trevor.
  • Majestic81, SFPD officer, Ermac. and 3 others like this

Ledsbourne
  • Ledsbourne

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:33 PM

Well, I must admit I haven't really played GTA V, so my opinion is entirely based on what I read online and seen on videos. But Trevor seems like a totally despicable character, who kills people for slightest reason, belittles his retarded friends, likes to crossdress and has a strong Oedipus complex. I've read that Rockstar tried to make him as a guy with no boundaries, so players wouldn't feel weird when rampaging on police or doing crazy things in the game, but I don't think they achieved it by making an unlikable parody of man from him. While Postal 2 was much less "serious" game than GTA and way over the top, Running With Scissors managed to make the Postal Dude a charming and likable psycho who still feels like a nice guy when pissing on a burning body of innocent bystander. On the other hand, Trevor's personality would rather fit an antagonist in GTA game - he might have his moments when some people would find him cool, but so did Billy Grey or Bulgarin, even Timur.

• B Dawg, Ermac. and Peachrocks like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users