c*nt c*nt c*nt!

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Disreputable Mexican Pharmacist

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

Five cookies to anyone who makes a GIF of Johnny stomping Trevor from that video formatted for signature size.

:cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:

• Lelouch vi Britannia likes this

NoaJM
  • NoaJM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:42 AM

I actually wish it had been Niko instead.

.. Because of all his whining and the pain he made me go through on several missions, especially on 'Snow Storm'. I think Johnny is a better example of how Niko should have been (at least in TLAD storyline), but that's a whole different kettle that'd most likely roll some heads.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:06 AM

I actually wish it had been Niko instead.

.. Because of all his whining and the pain he made me go through on several missions, especially on 'Snow Storm'. I think Johnny is a better example of how Niko should have been (at least in TLAD storyline), but that's a whole different kettle that'd most likely roll some heads.

The reason they chose Johnny:

Niko and Luis aren't leaders of a gang. The idea of Rockstar was kill Johnny first and whipe out The Lost afterwards.

Although... If it was Luis...

Kill Armando and Henrique afterwards, and then start a killing spree in the Maisonette 9 after the nightclub relocates in Blaine County.

Coat.
  • Coat.

god bless the dead

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:00 AM

Long story short, Johnny was a favourite character. Rockstar love watching 12 year olds cry about a fictional characters death on a gaming forum. No, seriously, they really do. That's what they do in their spare time.
  • TaviColen123 and Gta_V_Fan_101 like this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:25 AM

Long story short, Johnny was a favourite character. Rockstar love watching 12 year olds cry about a fictional characters death on a gaming forum. No, seriously, they really do. That's what they do in their spare time.

Whoa. Own-da! Wow. 

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Thug

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:58 PM Edited by im_stoned, 31 January 2014 - 02:04 PM.

How do you guys think I feel ? I was doing a heist with packie last night and he informs me Niko might be dead :blink:  :barf: What am I supposed to do with that ? It's completely left open but just the fact the mentioned Niko and might be dead in the same sense..... that was too much for me the thought of niko dying breaks my heart

If Niko,Johnny or Luis was announced dead I would be beyond pissed If we didn't get to see it on screen and it made sense and ended their story properly. I'll never understand why johhny fans hate his death though It was beautiful I was never a huge johhny fan i'm a niko and luis guy myself but I did like johnny just not as much as the other guys. With that said Johhny's Death gave me a lot of closure and gave me a new found respect for the dude. I honestly like johnny more now than I did before his death. 

After all the sh*t he went throw he still stuck to his principles people can bitch about him becoming a drugie but if you play tlad you'll understand why he did. He went throw so much sh*t it was too much for him. He loved Ashley and the way he died proved it. He wasn't well guys not mentally or physically but he still stood his ground. I want you guys to see his death the way I do but I cant explain it his death just made so much sense and ended his story perfect.

Despite being a bad guy who did bad things he was loyal to the ones he loved. He became a druggie and died because of Ashley he loved her too much for his own good. Trevor didn't kill johhny Ashley did.

• Peachrocks and Gta_V_Fan_101 like this

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:01 PM Edited by Peachrocks, 31 January 2014 - 06:03 PM.

How do you guys think I feel ? I was doing a heist with packie last night and he informs me Niko might be dead :blink:  :barf: What am I supposed to do with that ? It's completely left open but just the fact the mentioned Niko and might be dead in the same sense..... that was too much for me the thought of niko dying breaks my heart

If Niko,Johnny or Luis was announced dead I would be beyond pissed If we didn't get to see it on screen and it made sense and ended their story properly. I'll never understand why johhny fans hate his death though It was beautiful I was never a huge johhny fan i'm a niko and luis guy myself but I did like johnny just not as much as the other guys. With that said Johhny's Death gave me a lot of closure and gave me a new found respect for the dude. I honestly like johnny more now than I did before his death. 

After all the sh*t he went throw he still stuck to his principles people can bitch about him becoming a drugie but if you play tlad you'll understand why he did. He went throw so much sh*t it was too much for him. He loved Ashley and the way he died proved it. He wasn't well guys not mentally or physically but he still stood his ground. I want you guys to see his death the way I do but I cant explain it his death just made so much sense and ended his story perfect.

Despite being a bad guy who did bad things he was loyal to the ones he loved. He became a druggie and died because of Ashley he loved her too much for his own good. Trevor didn't kill johhny Ashley did.

Actually Rockstar killed him and The Lost we know and love for that matter and made them generic mook bad guys. I do not understand why they wanted to isolate their audience in this way and it's more what they did to The Lost in general rather than just what they did to Johnny. I can only hope in vain that this is part of some clever plan but I'm not putting money on it.

I do agree with your point regarding Ashley. I strongly dislike Trevor and think of him as nothing more than a bad plot device to amuse simple minded people but him 'killing' Johnny is not even in the top 10 reasons I dislike him however this incident did not help his reputation and certainly caused a negative first impression.

Especially adding the fact that Johnny is a rather deep character and Trevor is an incredibly shallow one and are made to appeal to two different types of audiences. Which is of course why earlier there were many Johnny haters borderline trolling here.

However I digress.

It's been said a few times in the thread but not many are in the minds of whether this 'could' have happened. Of course it could have but there are many things that could have theoretically happened, the freedom you have with writing is how you make things fall into place.

There are much better ways to display his seemingly hopeless struggles and the end result. Sure Ashley being the death of him is fitting and it's been said at least ten times that not many people really take issue with that and sure for a movie this might have worked okay, but in a game where players have direct control over their protagonist, it doesn't work as well. 

All in all I think there are loads of factors involved here about why this left such a sour taste in people's mouths, Trevor's involvement (and his character in general) and how the Lost were treated in GTA amongst other things.

The way TLAD ended was much more preferable to this so bringing him, Terry and Clay back just to be killed by the bad plot device character just did not sit well with me at all.

Oh and as for Niko I wouldn't worry. I believe in a cutscene Jimmy is seen looking up Niko's lifeinvader page. Lester also makes reference to an eastern European who went quiet, which I've heard is a reference to Niko's voice actor asking for more money and Rockstar declining but I could be mistaken.

• B Dawg, Drunken Cowboy and nobum62 like this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

Oh, finally! Someone who gets it!

I 100% agree with you.

Don't worry about Niko, Packie isn't sure if he's dead or not. He's just guessing that he's dead because Niko hasn't contacted him in ages. Niko didn't contact him probably because he wanted to lead an honest life. So, he cut his ties with druggies or criminals.

Lester also said that Niko went quiet. This also leads to the theory that Niko wants to lead an honest life. 

He also has a lifeinvader page which recently got updated so, I wouldn't say that he's dead. 

nobum62
  • nobum62

some guy who just got into the santa hat fad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:06 PM

troll harder bro

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:12 PM

i honestly can't see johnny contradicting his principles and going back to ashley. he basically told her to go f*ck herself in the phone call.

gta4thewin
  • gta4thewin

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

This thing with Johnny being a pussy in GTA V I recognize. Anyone remember how Bruice was in The ballad of Gay Tony? He remembered me of how Johnny is in V.

In IV Bruice was this confident muscle guy, but in Ballad of Gay Tony he was his brothers bitch. The brother (Mori) had the roll of the alpha male in that game, the roll Brucie had in IV. Anyways, Bruice gives Mori what he deserves in the final mission with them too, but still, Brucie was a pussy in that game. 

He even tried kissing Luis so maybe he's secretly gay too.

Yeah, regarding Johnnys death in V. It kinda sucks, even though I didn't like him that much it's sad he died. 

I would've wanted a bigger roll for some of the old IV guys in V. Johnny could have had a roll were he made peace between TPI and The Lost maybe. As Ron said in the first Trevor mission, the market is big enough.

Niko I miss, he is my favorite character from all GTAs.

Packie, nice to see him for a bit in V. Cool guy.

And Roman in the hatchet  :lol:

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:24 PM Edited by Peachrocks, 31 January 2014 - 11:31 PM.

Brucie being like that makes sense though. It's obvious even in GTA IV he's not what he's cracked up to be and that's he playing fake and he tries wayyyyy too hard.

Ballad explains why, Mori basically was that guy and in order to protect himself from Mori's bulling Brucie lied about who he was. The groundwork was clearly set for Brucie's 'change'. He's also obviously gay or bisexual and that was evident in IV as well.

With Johnny the 'groundwork' for what happened in V was there in IV but it wasn't anywhere near as clear cut and this is made worse by the fact that Johnny is the protagonist.

Terry and Clay's deaths were arguably stupider and made even less sense because they too were fairly battle hardened and didn't have the weight on their shoulders that Johnny did but why aren't people crying as loudly about them? They aren't protagonists and the player never has direct control over either.

i honestly can't see johnny contradicting his principles and going back to ashley. he basically told her to go f*ck herself in the phone call.

I can see it... it's theoretically possible but the reason it is difficult for some people to see it is because Johnny was a playable character.

You know sometimes when in games when watching cutscenes you are thinking 'oh good god what are you doing?' e.g Luis working with Bulgarin. Usually such a thing won't kill the main character until it's their time (e.g Red Dead but you did get to avenge John and that did work) but you will cringe about it.

This is exactly the same except worse because they actually did kill him and not only do you not get to avenge his death you are forced to play as his killer... charming...

The sad part is the only time you do get to kill Trevor is the only time in the story where it makes no sense to do so! I'd go over it but that would make this post irrelevant and too long.

• B Dawg, Drunken Cowboy and nobum62 like this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:04 AM

This thing with Johnny being a pussy in GTA V I recognize. Anyone remember how Bruice was in The ballad of Gay Tony? He remembered me of how Johnny is in V.

In IV Bruice was this confident muscle guy, but in Ballad of Gay Tony he was his brothers bitch. The brother (Mori) had the roll of the alpha male in that game, the roll Brucie had in IV. Anyways, Bruice gives Mori what he deserves in the final mission with them too, but still, Brucie was a pussy in that game. 

He even tried kissing Luis so maybe he's secretly gay too.

I don't think there was some intrinsic plot design behind it, to expose the sad, superficial life of a superficial man. It was for us to laugh at Brucie bawling like a bitch when losing at chess (which upset me because it reminded me how many times my older brother used to beat me in the very same game  :sneaky:) and him being a closet homosexual. 

It's not like Brucie was a tough motherf*cker to begin with. He took steroids but I supposed lacked the "mental toughness" to take a Niko Serbian-army punch. 

Sure, Johnny could get back on drugs and get emaciated and f*cked up... but WHY would he get back on drugs?

And I agree with @Peach, Terry and Clay should aughta' be equally advocated for in the scenario. Just another point of non-TLaD fans didn't care or didn't know who they were killing, and it pissed off TLaD fans. Nothing was to gain from killing them. Is C* really dumb enough to believe "Hey, they're seeing old characters. That's enough of a friendly homage, it doesn't matter what we do with them." ?

• nobum62 likes this

NoaJM
  • NoaJM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:03 AM

Rockstar's modus operandi nowadays seems to be some form of 'kill a playable character or someone the player really likes'. From my perspective it's a really cheap way to generate controversy and shock. And who better to put into the firing line than Johnny? Can't do Luis because he's a boring dude and why would he associate with Trevor anyway and Niko's just way too popular and I'm sure people would burn down Rockstar's offices if they killed him off. 

I can only justify the whole thing by saying that TLAD being in Blaine County makes sense. I'd probably want to bugger off to the west coast too after all the hell I'd been through.

• nobum62 likes this

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:24 AM Edited by Peachrocks, 02 February 2014 - 01:55 PM.

Rockstar's modus operandi nowadays seems to be some form of 'kill a playable character or someone the player really likes'. From my perspective it's a really cheap way to generate controversy and shock. And who better to put into the firing line than Johnny? Can't do Luis because he's a boring dude and why would he associate with Trevor anyway and Niko's just way too popular and I'm sure people would burn down Rockstar's offices if they killed him off. 

I can only justify the whole thing by saying that TLAD being in Blaine County makes sense. I'd probably want to bugger off to the west coast too after all the hell I'd been through.

Yeah but in say Cole Phelps case and John Marston's their deaths occurred at the end of their respective games and sure while most of us took pleasure in hitting Roy Earle with cars (including his voice actor) these endings felt right perhaps because it was an ending.

Johnny's death occurs at the start of Trevor's reintroduction so not only is his death brushed over, we are made to play as his killer to slaughter more Lost members that some of us identified with. Sure the reason was to prevent them retaliating later but why not let them attack first so Trevor is just defending himself as it is easy to spin that he didn't really mean to kill Johnny. Oh right that doesn't work because Trevor's gimmick is slaughtering people whether he has a reason to or not all the while acting self righteous to someone for what really amounts to sparing his life.

It'd be like playing as Roy Earle after Cole's death and taking bribes and undermining someone else's career just because he could.

Sure, Johnny could get back on drugs and get emaciated and f*cked up... but WHY would he get back on drugs?

To justify killing him at Trevor's hand as a clumsy way to develop his shallow character. That is the sole and only reason they did that regardless of how that decision isolated fans of TLAD.

I can only hope there is some retribution for Trevor fans at some point because I think that is the only way they'll ever understand. Perhaps if Lester can't beat him to death with his walking stick have him go completely insane, make his cross dressing thing a permanent condition where he/she insists that everyone call him Trisha before having him killed after displeasing a male client protagonist. After all there's groundwork there for that too...

• B Dawg and nobum62 like this

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:14 PM

I don't think brucie is gay/bi. I think he just tried to whisper something into Luis's ear but then luis thought he was gonna kiss him.

Hobs
  • Hobs

"Jolly Old Boy"

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:23 PM

i don't get it, it clearly says SPOILERS! 

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:26 PM Edited by nobum62, 02 February 2014 - 04:28 PM.

Five cookies to anyone who makes a GIF of Johnny stomping Trevor from that video formatted for signature size.

it is done >: )

signature version:

Spoiler

larger version:

Spoiler

• Deadly Target, universetwisters, coach_wargo and 1 other like this

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

Ah now that's special :)

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:16 PM

signature version:

Spoiler

larger version:

Spoiler

:cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:

Chocolate_chip_cookies.jpg

chocolate_cookies.jpg

MORE SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION!

Vote "The Identity Crisis", post of the year, 2013!

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:24 PM

For sure I'll vote for that.

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:48 AM

f*ck i love cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!

*gets fat from eating the cookies*

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:51 AM

I'm loving Drunken Cowboy's new sig. It'll bring me great delight everytime he posts.:)

• Drunken Cowboy and nobum62 like this

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:24 PM Edited by Deadly Target, 03 February 2014 - 07:50 PM.

I tried to crop out the logo and resize it a bit.

[img=http://i.imgur.com/41SoemF.gif]
It's time to make some posts in the V forum.  :cool:

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:42 PM

I should keep track on gta V forums but forums, particularly ones that get a lot of traffic just make me facepalm.

I considered taking this as a sig but I get the idea there's going to be a lot of these in this thread.

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 February 2014 - 02:51 AM Edited by nobum62, 06 February 2014 - 02:52 AM.

just for the lols

signature version:

Spoiler

larger version:

Spoiler

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:57 AM

Huh. Apparently Johnny's on the new black and white checkered background of the forums...

I don't even see main guys like Tommy or CJ, well done with Johnny, though, forums.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:15 AM

signature version:

Spoiler

larger version:

Spoiler

Cause I was bored, and I hate Trevor that much.

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users