Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 December 2013 - 01:28 AM

Good lord. This thing has been going on for what feels like forever. And I finally understand both sides of the fence, it feels like. As such, I made this drawing for both aggressors, summing up this entire thread. I'm no Picasso or nothing, so be warned.

HZA8x.jpg

• The Odyssey, Gummy , 2281 and 1 other like this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 28 December 2013 - 02:34 AM

Fair enough^. Still not sure why it bothers you so much.

Niobium
  • Niobium

eat sh*t

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 28 December 2013 - 05:12 AM Edited by nobum62, 28 December 2013 - 05:13 AM.

Good lord. This thing has been going on for what feels like forever. And I finally understand both sides of the fence, it feels like. As such, I made this drawing for both aggressors, summing up this entire thread. I'm no Picasso or nothing, so be warned.

HZA8x.jpg

"I'm going to whine about it on the internet"

that's me, i'm not gonna lie.

however, I enjoy whining and bitching about johnny being a whiny bitch, which is kind of weird :/

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:46 AM

It's not whining if you corroborate it!

• universetwisters and Niobium like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

eat sh*t

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

It's not whining if you corroborate it!

well that's something trevor fanboys and fangirls are good at... jk lol
  • Drunken Cowboy likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:11 PM

I don't understand how people can hate Trevor for killing Johnny, like HE chose to kill him or something lol, hate Rockstar, not the fictional character.

I like Luis, but if he would have died I wouldn't really pay mind to it, as I didn't get attached to his character like I got attached to Johnny's and Niko's, due to all the character development in their stories.  

It's like taking hours to bake a delicious cake, and then just tossing it out the window after you're done.

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:34 AM Edited by Peachrocks, 29 December 2013 - 03:36 AM.

I don't understand how people can hate Trevor for killing Johnny, like HE chose to kill him or something lol, hate Rockstar, not the fictional character.

I like Luis, but if he would have died I wouldn't really pay mind to it, as I didn't get attached to his character like I got attached to Johnny's and Niko's, due to all the character development in their stories.  

It's like taking hours to bake a delicious cake, and then just tossing it out the window after you're done.

I for one do not dislike Trevor primarily because of this action, I dislike him for numerous other reasons and so do a lot of people here, mostly to do with the fact he's inconsistent mess of a character who only exists as a plot device at best. Him killing Johnny might rank 7th or 8th on a list of reasons I dislike Trevor though sure, it made a horrible first impression, especially when you were forced to play as this asshole after that while being 'forced' (short of failing on purpose) to kill Terry and Clay.

It's just that this action is highly bizarre and questionable on Rockstar's part and Trevor gets a lot of the backlash from that.

Now if Trevor was a solid character even with this scene I think there would still be people who disliked him just because of that but people might accept it more easily over time. Unfortunately he is not and as far as being a solid character goes, Trevor leaves much to be desired.

Especially when compared next to Johnny which incidentally is also how people see it, a character that is very similar to Johnny in many ways but lacking in many of the parts that make up his strong character (whining drug addict to Trevor fans) and yet Trevor killed him, not the other way around. It seems instinctively wrong and that's why you get so much knee jerk reaction.

Dr. Robotnik
  • Dr. Robotnik

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:39 AM Edited by Dr. Robotnik, 29 December 2013 - 07:40 AM.

You know, since all the negatives about this scene have been covered already and will continue to be covered, I'm going to change my tune just a bit and detail two things I felt the developers did right with it. I'm not defending Johnny being OOC and I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion; I just want to talk about a few subtle touches that indicate, to me, that more thought was put into the scenario than might first appear.

1. As has been mentioned already, it's not until Johnny calls Trevor a "motherf*cker" that he even acknowledges him, and in doing so, pretty much decides his fate. It's an insult tossed around very casually, and the significance of it as a trigger for Trevor doesn't become apparent until later, so it's something you'll only notice if you watch the scene more than once. I kind of wonder if Johnny would've lived if he simply used another insult, although given Trevor's temper, that's questionable.

2. It's something easy to overlook in the heat of the moment, but Trevor wasn't intending to kill Johnny.

Now, he obviously didn't care that he did, especially since he went out of his way to rub it in the faces of Terry and Clay, and it's entirely possible that Trevor would've killed him deliberately when he took on the Lost in the future, but the scene makes it clear his death was accidental and a result of what was more or less a blind rage. Trevor expects Johnny to still be alive ("Next time don't get in my f*cking face!") and there's a sense of simple frustration in some of his lines ("Get up! GET UP! f*ck you, then!"), as well as a kind of "Drop the act!" disbelief.

Now, I'm not sure what this means necessarily (and like I said, I'm not trying to sway anyone's opinion or "defend" a particular character), but the more times I see the cutscene, the more I'm convinced there are multiple layers to it that many viewers would lose in the initial shock and sudden brutality.

• TaviColen123 and matajuegos01 like this

Commissioner Monk
  • Commissioner Monk

Keep yer moaning for the bedroom!!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:15 PM Edited by Madmonk420, 29 December 2013 - 04:22 PM.

Maybe they were thinking that he was a dick sucking meth head who lets other men f*ck his girl. A weak worthless shadow of his former self. A worthy death for a guttless maggot. Im glad Trevor stomped his toothless head in.

"Lets f*ck Cowboy"

congratulations, you are the 1 millionth person to completely miss the point of why we are pissed! the point is that johnny was out-of-character and you failed to see that! well done!

EDIT: i just had to make this

sNgf1dQ.png

He was out of character compaired to EFLC storyline but since he is now a meth head after sticking with that f*cking skank he was not out of character as you cannot seem to get your head around. I thought it was a powerful scene shocking and unexpected. A great way to introduce the best character of all GTA`s Thats a personal view but exactly the kind of reaction R* wanted to show how terrible Trevor can be. The scene was also in a way symbolic that IV is in the past. The stomping to death of a main character in IV was R* way of saying this a new era. It also gets the point across that crime does not always pay as although GTA is the most violent game created there is an underlying tone that bad things happen to bad people.This was also present in IV in both possible endings. Johnny was a thief and murderer and when you are "That type of person" things like this happen. Its completely organic to the progression of the GTA lore. Your just having trouble letting go.

• Toke and TaviColen123 like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

The scene was pretty much the opposite of powerful.

Mindless, and random, just like Trevor.  Doesn't even matter to me that he stomped Johnny, Trevor is still a lazy character, just like Franklin, but at least there is justification behind Franklin.

• Mr_Leone, Drunken Cowboy and Niobium like this

Commissioner Monk
  • Commissioner Monk

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:32 PM Edited by Madmonk420, 29 December 2013 - 04:45 PM.

The scene had the power to inspire a 17 page post about it. I would call it powerful. It was shocking and a gamble by R* but I think it worked for that reason.

I should have also included that this scene also highlighted what meth can do to human being.It is unwise for a company (R*) to promote material that suggests that any form of drug use comes without consquence. Do you think your just going to be a meth head and live happy ever after? Wake up guys. The scene would not have worked so well if it had been a random Lost Mc member. Having Johnny meet his maker gave it a level of weight that would not have been achieved with a lesser character.Had Johnny not been a meth head im sure he and Trevor would have had a good old roll around on the desert floor but as R* wanted he was loser so he lost excuse the pun. It suited the Trevor vs The Lost sub plot to have this scene and an important scene at that. I find it a mature scene and one I was also taken back a bit with. 

• TaviColen123 likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

It upset a lot of people.  Stupid and random =/= powerful.

It's like if Niko appeared in a DLC out of nowhere, said hi to Michael, and got smacked by a baseball bat and died.  That isn't powerful.

• Duxfever, Mr_Leone, Deadly Target and 2 others like this

BM92
  • BM92

Lord Zaphos

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:59 PM Edited by BM92, 29 December 2013 - 04:59 PM.

Duane Earl is the real badass!

I NEED SOME ASSAULT ROCK!!

HELL YES

YOU KNOW SOMETIMES, I JUST WANT A WOMAN TO HIT ME.

TREAT ME LIKE THE MAN I AM, A PIECE OF ANGRY GARBAGE, AND THEN WHEN WE'RE DONE FIGHTING, I WILL HOP ON A MOTORCYCLE AND I'LL POP A WHEELIE RIGHT THERE ON THE DRIVEWAY, JUST BURNOUT, SKID ALL OVER THE GODDAMN PLACE, HELL YES, SHE'LL STAND THERE CRYING, AND THEN SHE'LL FORGIVE ME, WE'LL HAVE ANOTHER BABY! SHE'LL MAKE THE BREAKFAST. THAT'S THE STUFF THAT MAKES US GREAT. 

Commissioner Monk
  • Commissioner Monk

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:59 PM Edited by Madmonk420, 29 December 2013 - 05:01 PM.

Clearly there was back story involving Trevor,Johnny and the Lost that requires reading between the lines. It appears they had some form of relationship. To be exact I think Trevor was the Lost`s MC meth dealer. Johnny mentions "We get high..that dont make it right". Johnny came to face Trevor not kill him.To me it seems he even liked Trevor at some point. As for upsetting people hey this is an 18 rated game about criminals not Sonic the hedgehog. If the milks sour dont drink it.

Your Niko example is random. The back story of Trevor vs the Lost is not random at all.Trevor wanted the gun trade in Blaine county to himself.The killing of the Lost MC`s leader only acted as a catalyst for what was probably going to happen anyway. I think you dont understand what I mean by powerful. I mean it provokes reaction as your own reaction seem to prove.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Love For Sale

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:11 PM Edited by Majestic81, 29 December 2013 - 05:44 PM.

Clearly there was back story involving Trevor,Johnny and the Lost that requires reading between the lines. It appears they had some form of relationship. To be exact I think Trevor was the Lost`s MC meth dealer. Johnny mentions "We get high..that dont make it right". Johnny came to face Trevor not kill him.To me it seems he even liked Trevor at some point. As for upsetting people hey this is an 18 rated game about criminals not Sonic the hedgehog. If the milks sour dont drink it.

Your Niko example is random. The back story of Trevor vs the Lost is not random at all.Trevor wanted the gun trade in Blaine county to himself.The killing of the Lost MC`s leader only acted as a catalyst for what was probably going to happen anyway. I think you dont understand what I mean by powerful. I mean it provokes reaction as your own reaction seem to prove.

Meh, its pretty random if you ask me. the Lost had no chapter in LS by the time of IV. then suddenly they're all over there. and you never seem to understand why. its just in your face, with little to no explanation behind it. just like that whole scene was.

As for Trevor being the best character of all GTAs, i find that hard to believe. :p sure he can be funny and crazy at times, but thats about it. you take that away and he is nothing more than a nutcase who during most of the game spends his time yelling at everyone. to the point where i just started thinking "does this guy ever shut up?". he does have his moments though during certain cutscenes. but other than that the character is just bland.

IMO Niko or Johnny are the best characters (to me anyway), since they had depth and seriousness and at the same time managed to have a sense of humor. its pretty hard to write a character like that, on the other hand writing an all out psychopath character is very easy and wouldnt require too much effort or imagination.

At the end, we all have opinions. and dont get me wrong i still like Trevor, however if am to compare him to other GTA protagonists then i think R* wrote a lot more greater and mature characters than him.

I also think that if Trevor was the only playable character, then R* could have spent more time working on his other personalities and improved him from just being a lunatic. one of the reasons why i hate the idea of having three protagonists is that.

• Deadly Target, Drunken Cowboy, Biohazard Abyss and 1 other like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

eat sh*t

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

He was out of character compaired to EFLC storyline but since he is now a meth head after sticking with that f*cking skank he was not out of character as you cannot seem to get your head around.

wait, what? we just covered this in this thread a quadrillion times why cockstar made johnny's character inconsistant. i'm not going to say it again for you. go read the older posts.

I thought it was a powerful scene shocking and unexpected. A great way to introduce the best character of all GTA`s

:facedesk:

Thats a personal view but exactly the kind of reaction R* wanted to show how terrible Trevor can be.

if they wanted trevor to be a terrible human being then why make him the protagonist? you're supposed to side with the protagonist, not be against them.

sure, there were some protagonists i didn't like, like franklin, but at least i didn't want them to get killed or screwed over. 

if they wanted to show how evil trevor is, they should have made him the antagonist. he'd be a much better antagonist than the crappy antagonists we have now, like steve haines, strech, devin weston, and the triad guy who's name i don't even remember.

The scene was also in a way symbolic that IV is in the past. The stomping to death of a main character in IV was R* way of saying this a new era.

really. so this is cockstar's way of destroying an entire game just to introduce a new one? (and giving the finger to IV fans in the process)

It also gets the point across that crime does not always pay as although GTA is the most violent game created there is an underlying tone that bad things happen to bad people. This was also present in IV in both possible endings.

what a lame theme that a 5th grader would write. OF COURSE CRIME DOES NOT ALWAYS PAY

besides, johnny was not a "bad" person. hell, he had the most justified reasons to murder and steal compared to niko, luis and others. niko kills just because he's a hitman, and luis? he doesn't even need to kill, he's got a legitimate job. during the missions, johnny pretty much only killed other gangsters, or when he is being blackmailed.

Johnny was a thief and murderer and when you are "That type of person" things like this happen. Its completely organic to the progression of the GTA lore. Your just having trouble letting go.

bullsh*t. there are asshole out there who don't get what they deserve, like kim jong un.

i'm having trouble letting it go? if your favorite protagonist was killed in the most inconsistent and out-of-character way possible, you'd be pissed

• Drunken Cowboy, d nice and matajuegos01 like this

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:53 AM Edited by CJ killed Ryder, 30 December 2013 - 07:59 AM.

Maybe this scene made Johnny more famous and more memorable as a character.

The Lost and Damned sold ok, the sales were not extremly low, but not extremely high either (the sales were nothing compared to SA, IV and V).

So if he didn't have that famous death scene in V, he might end up as forgotten protagonist.

I mean... He is certainly getting more attention since he died... 

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Love For Sale

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:01 AM

The Lost and Damned sold ok, the sales were not extremly low, but not extremely high either (the sales were nothing compared to SA, IV and V).

No sh*t, it was a DLC.

• Drunken Cowboy and Biohazard Abyss like this

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

The Sound of Silence

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:33 AM

The next GTA game probably have The Lost as enemies again.

I hope Angus come out with his futuristic flying jet wheelchair and avenge Johnny with his super turret laser wheelchair :p jk.

• Drunken Cowboy and Niobium like this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:03 AM

Trevor shoulda' been a first-day DLC, like Jimmy's Vendetta in Mafia.

Some rampaging, lunatic, bald f*ck outta nowhere. While Vito took a long, slow-paced, and detailed look into mafia life, Jimmy was just being sent to blow up cars and kill greasers left and right.

You done with your serious story? Load up "Trevor's Vendetta" and kill to your heart's desire, instead of ruining an already shallow plot.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:09 AM

It also gets the point across that crime does not always pay as although GTA is the most violent game created there is an underlying tone that bad things happen to bad people. This was also present in IV in both possible endings.

Gettin' mighty sick of this crap. It's a game. Fiction. A romantic story of fantasy. How about at the end of Vice City, after having caused a huge commotion of gun fighting and a pile of deadbodies, Tommy Vercetti is arrested for drug trafficing, and in the few sad, desperate months before his execution, he gets prison raped by his 7'2" cellmate "Bubba" while Tommy widdles away into nothing because of his drug addition? No. They mop the bodies off the floor and the police turn a blind eye. It's a game. It's a nice story meant to make people happy.

What about CJ? He hurts gangs all over San Andreas, police, and the freakin' U.S. military. He lived happily ever after, suddenly managing one of the biggest rappers to come outta L.S.

I mean, you wan't SATISFYING realism? The end of TLaD. It wasn't happy. It was really the only GTA game that didn't have a happy ending. Johnny paid more for his violence against a couple gangs to protect his brothers than goddamn CJ did to just make some f*cking money all over San Andreas. But everything was wrapped up. It made as much sense as any GTA ending could make (overlooking the storming of Alderny Correctional... sure as sh*t was a fun time, though.)

Lazy goddamn, fan-base-isolating writing on Rockstar's part to promote the "badass murder machine" that gets little suburban, white seventh graders to cum all over what a "badass" they are when they play as him.

• Niobium likes this

Niobium
  • Niobium

eat sh*t

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:13 AM Edited by nobum62, 31 December 2013 - 05:17 AM.

I think the reason they had johnny in gta 5 was for the closure (I still think the scene is poorly written, i'm not defending rockstar's writing). at the end of TLAD we know that johnny is probably done with the lost, but we don't know what happens to him after.

that was the same reason they included karen, rocco, and that nameless IAA guy niko was forced to work for. we didn't know in gta 4 what happens to them after. rocco just got away and is never mentioned again, and karen and no-name kind of disappeared. so they included them in V to explain what happened.

rockstar... I would have rather not have closure if this is the closure you're gonna give me. this is the worst game writing i've seen since mass effect 3's ending

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:11 AM

Aaaand could we all do our parts to keep "The Identity Crisis" alive?  :sigh:

http://gtaforums.com...-with-vs-story/

C'mon, that post cost me three lunch breaks to type up! 

And I think the thoughts about Trevor, Johnny, and the Lost are much more well-articulated there than in this more-of-a-rant post.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:34 AM

Drunken Cowboy, on 31 Dec 2013 - 06:03 AM, said:

Trevor shoulda' been a first-day DLC, like Jimmy's Vendetta in Mafia.

Some rampaging, lunatic, bald f*ck outta nowhere. While Vito took a long, slow-paced, and detailed look into mafia life, Jimmy was just being sent to blow up cars and kill greasers left and right.

You done with your serious story? Load up "Trevor's Vendetta" and kill to your heart's desire, instead of ruining an already shallow plot.

How about you make your own game and shut the f*ck up since all you do is complain about this one, wah, wah, my favorite protagonist that I jack off night and day has been killed better cry on the internet, that sure is going to make it better .

Niobium
  • Niobium

eat sh*t

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:08 AM

@tavi i love to laugh at idiot butthurt individuals like you.

please don't stop posting

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:09 AM

How about you make your own game and shut the f*ck up since all you do is complain about this one, wah, wah, my favorite protagonist that I jack off night and day has been killed better cry on the internet, that sure is going to make it better .

Nobody here can take you seriously, I hope you realize that.

• Gummy  and Drunken Cowboy like this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:18 AM

Biohazard Abyss, on 01 Jan 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

TaviColen123, on 01 Jan 2014 - 06:34 AM, said:

Nobody here can take you seriously, I hope you realize that.

Like I give a sh*t about what some stupid f*cktard like you and the other two dipsh*ts think about me .

fite me irl f*cker i own teh complete nerf asualt set an im nout afraid to fuk u up u sh*tass

• Niobium likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Insert Things I Hate Here

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:30 PM

The scene was also in a way symbolic that IV is in the past. The stomping to death of a main character in IV was R* way of saying this a new era.

That's a bad thing, because the new era is sh*t. Go back to multiplayer and gang warfare monk, that's where you belong :p

• Majestic81, Drunken Cowboy and Niobium like this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:51 AM

Why not kill Niko then? What'd the difference be?

• Niobium likes this

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:54 PM

Have any of u guys got a "RIP Johnny" tattoo? :)

Then, 9 years later, u r watching GTA VI trailer while having sex with a girl, and the trailer reveals Johnny is still alive and survived Trevor's attack. U r in shock, and as u leave the house, the girl's boyfriend confronts u... Haha!!!

• Deadly Target, universetwisters and Gummy  like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users