1,072 replies to this topic
Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

A Vulnerable Guy Who Needs to be Held by Big Strong Arms

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

he (Johnny) just got back into drugs because... Rockstar.

the worst part is that the same people who wrote the script for IV, TLAD and TBOGT wrote GTA 5's script. FFS, they should know more about johnny than we do, but for some dumbass reason, they think johnny would go back to drugs. if anyone has been smoking too much meth it's the writers.

to be fair, at least johnny was in character a little bit. just a little. when he says "WE ALL GET HIGH, BUT THAT DON'T MAKE IT RIGHT!", he is saying that he does drugs but still hates them.

Hell, they coulda' put him back on drugs. That would have been an interesting development or even fall of a character if they let it develop and made it believable in Johnny's story context.

• mad_dog_robinson likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:43 PM Edited by StingrayX, 05 November 2013 - 07:48 PM.

They did not need to kill him and why with Trebor. What, did they feel like we'd cheer on that and be like "That was intense?" I never liked Trevor, he feels like overkill. Some imbicilic moronic, unrealistic, bullsh*t to approve to those who felt IV didn't have enough action. I could stand him more if he did not kill Johnny ki.ll Joh.nny (who ever made these censors needs to f*ck off!) I mean, what was that for? Its just stupid. The whole story of V was going well until he popped up, killed TLaD characters, and then did a whole bunch of dumbass missions until I was allowed to play M & F again.

Rockstar just did a very dick move. I know its a game, but the story is as interesting as a good TV show. You don't just do sh*t like that, a lot of fans won'y like it. Its just beyond stupid to me. Dumb silly ass writers for V, V just felt like a mess to me anyways.
  • Drunken Cowboy likes this

thejack0ff
  • thejack0ff

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:07 AM

I'm sure that's for the effect. I was sad when Trevor killed Johnny as soon as Mr. Phillips was unlocked but when the last mission came, I couldn't have the heart to pick 'Kill Trevor' (or Michael for that matter.)

Johnny (and the rest of the crew by the looks of it) were all on drugs by the plot of GTA V. The writers showed him as a meth addict, he may have been strong in TLaD but not anymore.

Oh well. Maybe in GTA VI we'll be able to kill Luis Lopez (or maybe Niko/Franklin :O)

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:12 AM Edited by Peachrocks, 07 November 2013 - 03:14 AM.

I'm sure that's for the effect. I was sad when Trevor killed Johnny as soon as Mr. Phillips was unlocked but when the last mission came, I couldn't have the heart to pick 'Kill Trevor' (or Michael for that matter.)

Johnny (and the rest of the crew by the looks of it) were all on drugs by the plot of GTA V. The writers showed him as a meth addict, he may have been strong in TLaD but not anymore.

Oh well. Maybe in GTA VI we'll be able to kill Luis Lopez (or maybe Niko/Franklin :O)

You didn't have the heart to kill a person who murders people for very trivial and sometimes self destructive reasons? Cowardly murdering Johnny was bad, murdering Floyd a man who did all he could to help him, through Wade and didn't y'know call the police... Killing him is the humane thing to do. Trevor is 90% of the reason I don't like the story of GTA V all that much because I simply do not care for one of the protagonists and so much of the plot is based around him. You're supposed to side with the protagonist not want to pilot them to their well deserved death every 10 seconds.

The only reason I did not choose option A (Kill Trevor) is because it brings no closure to the story. Michael's nemesis is still out there and wants him dead amongst other issues. It's also so obvious you are meant to pick option C it's not even a real choice and I don't honestly think it truly wraps up the story but it does more so than A or B and B makes completely 0% sense! These endings feel completely phoned in...

You kill one guy who wants you dead, that doesn't solve anything... Gandhi once said an eye for an eye makes the world blind and that sentiment is completely ignored in all 3 endings. Especially when you think about the price Niko paid no matter which ending was chosen...
  • Drunken Cowboy and nobum62 like this

Mroz
  • Mroz

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:02 AM

Johnny wasn't my favorite character, in fact. I might go as far as to say he was my least favorite. But did he deserve to die the way he did? No, absolutely not. R* killed him off like a bitch. No GTA protagonist deserves to die the way he did. If R* had him dueling with Trevor cowboy style and lost, at least he would have gone down with some dignity. 

• Drunken Cowboy and nobum62 like this

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

I don't think Johnny went back with Ashley... Lots of men feel uncomfortable when other men have sex with their ex-girlfriend.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

I don't think Johnny went back with Ashley... Lots of men feel uncomfortable when other men have sex with their ex-girlfriend.

Again, this is a very good rationalization, but it just doesn't seem to be what Rockstar was implying, or they really gave a sh*t about. The same goes for a lot of aspects of his death, particularly the Vice President patch; just a dumb, careless oversight.

Michael De Santa
  • Michael De Santa

Big Mouth Prick

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:46 PM

Important and Good Member from Lost MC died due to Ashley

Order

• Jim Fitzgerald
  • Johnny Klebitz
  • Clay Simons
  • Terry Thorpe

There is no problem with but with Ashley

She is a b*tch.I am still waiting for PC version but I will surely kill her after

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

You know what would be really sad though. Seeing some of Ashley's better qualities. I've always said that Johnny rationally knows Ashley is bad for him but he cares for her because she's part of the Lost but it's gotta be more then that. Even if we ignore GTA V for a moment, it's clear Johnny cares for Ashley, yeah he's very forceful in his 'it's over' and 'he doesn't love her anymore' but it's that extent of force that makes me think he's trying to convince himself more than anyone else knowing that she's trouble and he can't pull her out of it and he ultimately fails.

Like I said though, it'd be somewhat funny/odd seeing Ashley for the girl that Johnny loved rather than the mess she is.

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

For some reason Johnny makes another cameo/easter egg in GTA V , albeit in a much more minor and sterile manner :

Newspaper vending machines across town that you can't interact with , specifically the ones with a white '24' markings on the side of the machine , displays a small pixelated newspaper with a close-up on Johnny's face , next to the headline "Love's Hate relationship With Taxes" ... ...

Your guess is as good as mine.

For reference this is the screenshot which they used for Johnny's picture.

http://media.gtanet....-and-damned.jpg

This isn't the first time a GTA protagonist appears on a random in-game ad or poster , Carl Johnson made a few as i recall , but this is the first time a protagonist appears both in person as well as a seemingly random object in the scenery but without much if any link between the two simultaneous appearance.

nobum62
  • nobum62

douchebag who owns a chromed zentorno

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:08 AM

wat

seriously though why would they pick that screenshot? none of this makes sense  :blink:

foxararma
  • foxararma

Fear of Dying

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:44 AM

I do agree Johnny's death was not a desired scene, but it did show effectively how cruel Trevor was. It built the character in a more harsh way than audiences wanted.

My suggestion is: If you do not like Johnny's demise, erase the moment from your memory and go back to GTA IV: Lost and The Damned.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:25 PM

Did anyone see this? Look at the secound picture.

http://www.lifeinvad...k_cache_n_carry

Looks familar? 

Shenmue18
  • Shenmue18

GTAF's #1 Trevor hater.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

Definitely lame that they killed off Johnny like that. Couldn't they have at least had him go out like the badass character he was in GTA IV? I would have still been pissed, but at least it wouldn't have been such a smack to the face to all of the people who liked his character. 

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

Someone should do a tribute video to Johnny, Terry and Clay with this song used:

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:50 AM

someone should go to rockstar headquarters or studio or whatever the f*ck you wanna call it, go to the writers who wrote that scene, and slap them in the faces several times

oh, and the writers who wrote the missions where you f*ck up the lost

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

someone should go to rockstar headquarters or studio or whatever the f*ck you wanna call it, go to the writers who wrote that scene, and slap them in the faces several times

oh, and the writers who wrote the missions where you f*ck up the lost

Don't forget the big F you they give them in general in online where a good portion of the missions are slaughtering them. What the hell...

Honestly, I want them to say something, ANYTHING to explain this fiasco because there is literally nothing I can come up with short of a brain transplant.

It doesn't make Trevor look like a badass it makes him look like a coward and a Marty Stu. I keep saying it but it just seems so much like some amateur fanfiction author would write.

• nobum62 likes this

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

So as Michael i hanged out with Franklin , after a bit philosophy regarding making mistakes in life and knowing how to 'move on' with it , we arrived at bar , north east of the city. The place was full of Lost bikers , with poorly pixelated leather jacket , and they must have knew i was staring at their pixelated leather jackets because for no other reason one of them stepped foward , demanding that i get on my knees , or something , whichever it was it was something i could not perform in this game , so the bikers drew their pistols after surrounding us. Franklin pulled out a shotgun i modified for him , whereas Michael could only contend with his pistol, and despite his capacity of learning the arts of slow motion shooting , the Lost bikers had evasive movement techniques , dodging headshots , and swiftly riddled Michael with their pee shooters.

Lost MC!

Revived at the hospital , Michael would for some reason curse at Franklin instead of the Lost ...

Lost immunity perhaps ? ...

Later that evening Michael returned to the bar with his wife. This time no incident occurred, and not only did Michael found himself a free pump action shotgun while leaving the joint, but his wife also declares her honest and profound love to him, much to Michael's amazement.

Lost blessing ? ...

Leaves me wondering if there isn't another optional cult-centric side quest with the Lost and their only mysticism ... or something ...

• PaletoChickenCapo likes this

Noobsaibot1337
  • Noobsaibot1337

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:11 PM Edited by Noobsaibot1337, 09 November 2013 - 07:13 PM.

He died like a bitch -R*

Anyway, that's like a big f*ck you to anyone who bought TLAD... you know?

• nobum62 likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:26 AM

For some reason Johnny makes another cameo/easter egg in GTA V , albeit in a much more minor and sterile manner :

Newspaper vending machines across town that you can't interact with , specifically the ones with a white '24' markings on the side of the machine , displays a small pixelated newspaper with a close-up on Johnny's face , next to the headline "Love's Hate relationship With Taxes" ... ...

This isn't the first time a GTA protagonist appears on a random in-game ad or poster , Carl Johnson made a few as i recall , but this is the first time a protagonist appears both in person as well as a seemingly random object in the scenery but without much if any link between the two simultaneous appearance.

If your goal was to send me on a wild goose chase, you succeeded. I could only find a few red dispensers in West LS and in Paleto Bay; all of which only had newspapers containing a picture of Liberty City.

Do you remember where at all you saw this?

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:50 AM

What do you expect from Trevor? He is a psyco. Do you expect Johnny to put on a fight with Trevor so easily? He didn't expect it and was put to ground. Also, that Ashley girl was high. It was basically not Trevor's fault if he screwed her.

Well, that's your fate when working in a Gang. Trevor was trigger happy to kill any of The Lost members; including Billy and his co-members. It was a bad ending for Johnny but a new beginnig for Trevor. Let's keep our IVth era memories here and move on with Vth era filled with madness.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:08 AM Edited by simonp92, 10 November 2013 - 11:10 AM.

If your goal was to send me on a wild goose chase, you succeeded. I could only find a few red dispensers in West LS and in Paleto Bay; all of which only had newspapers containing a picture of Liberty City.

Do you remember where at all you saw this?

He's not lying. I found it too. 

Go to the Paleto bay docks. There's only one brdge. Look at the piles of garbage at the start of the bridge. There are about four newspapers like the ones mentioned above in the piles of trash, just in the first area of the bridge. 

Grievous
  • Grievous

Wall of Text Armada

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

The one i found was in a white colored newspaper vending machine , found on the avenues with ranges of skyscrapers.

The wikia site has a picture of the newspaper found in the pile of trash described above however.

http://images3.wikia...-_love_hate.jpg

The wikia site also suggests that the headline refers to the character Donald Love, a business tycoon featured in older GTA games notably Liberty City Stories, and pretty much a 'spiritual predecessor' to the character of Thomas Stubbs in Lost and Damned.

But then of course it still doesn't explain why add the confusion in implementing Klebitz's face next to it.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:57 AM

StingrayX, on 05 Nov 2013 - 9:43 PM, said:

They did not need to kill him and why with Trebor. What, did they feel like we'd cheer on that and be like "That was intense?" I never liked Trevor, he feels like overkill. Some imbicilic moronic, unrealistic, bullsh*t to approve to those who felt IV didn't have enough action. I could stand him more if he did not ###### ki.ll Joh.nny (who ever made these censors needs to f*ck off!) I mean, what was that for? Its just stupid. The whole story of V was going well until he popped up, killed TLaD characters, and then did a whole bunch of dumbass missions until I was allowed to play M & F again.

Rockstar just did a very dick move. I know its a game, but the story is as interesting as a good TV show. You don't just do sh*t like that, a lot of fans won'y like it. Its just beyond stupid to me. Dumb silly ass writers for V, V just felt like a mess to me anyways.

Sounds like someone got a fit, oh poor boy, go play that overrated San Andreas game for the rest of your life when thats the convoluted mess anyway .

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

i just love how if niko or tommy was killed in the same manner as johnny, people would have gone apesh*t and murdered dan houser along with his family
but when it's johnny, no one gives a f*ck. wtf people?

FearTheLiving
  • FearTheLiving

Giovane D'onore

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:49 PM Edited by FearTheLiving, 12 November 2013 - 11:54 PM.

i just love how if niko or tommy was killed in the same manner as johnny, people would have gone apesh*t and murdered dan houser along with his family

If it's written well I couldn't care less if a previous protag dies, but the manner in which the lost and Johnny were written in V is down right shameful to both the character and previously stated info they had already established.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:20 AM

Becaus The Lost and Damned was too niche, WHICH I can understand. Nevertheless, just because it was one of the least popular GTA titles (and considering it was a DLC, it's pretty generous to call it a "title"), doesn't mean R* should have thrown the fans of it under the bus in such the way they did. I mean, WHO exactly are they polling when deadbeats post "o polls show everyone hate lost n damed n jone" 

Probably the same people who thought V was a good game on the whole.

• nobum62 likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:22 AM

The one i found was in a white colored newspaper vending machine , found on the avenues with ranges of skyscrapers.

The wikia site has a picture of the newspaper found in the pile of trash described above however.

http://images3.wikia...-_love_hate.jpg

The wikia site also suggests that the headline refers to the character Donald Love, a business tycoon featured in older GTA games notably Liberty City Stories, and pretty much a 'spiritual predecessor' to the character of Thomas Stubbs in Lost and Damned.

But then of course it still doesn't explain why add the confusion in implementing Klebitz's face next to it.

This one, man... I just found it at the Paleto boardwalk...

I mean, Johnny's VP patch, that's just a dumb oversight, but this... why? If they needed a random schmuck for the paper picture, why John-John?

While I'll still be the pessimist and say it's unlikely, we gotta see some Johnny stuff in the future. Too many fan-made and game-produced questions left unanswered...

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:17 AM Edited by Peachrocks, 13 November 2013 - 09:26 AM.

Becaus The Lost and Damned was too niche, WHICH I can understand. Nevertheless, just because it was one of the least popular GTA titles (and considering it was a DLC, it's pretty generous to call it a "title"), doesn't mean R* should have thrown the fans of it under the bus in such the way they did. I mean, WHO exactly are they polling when deadbeats post "o polls show everyone hate lost n damed n jone" 

Probably the same people who thought V was a good game on the whole.

Yeah. It really doesn't make sense that they'd throw TLAD fans under a bus like this and then rub it in further with random stranger missions and online missions featured slaughter more Lost. The why they killed Johnny I can (barely) justify as a failed attempt at trying to make Trevor look like a badass but the rest of it, I can't figure out. Why isolate your fanbase like this?

V at it's core isn't bad. It's story and base idea is pretty meh compared to all of IV's episodes yes even Ballad, it's an incomplete idea but actually a strong one unlike V which had a few solid ideas but the foundation was horrific largely because of Trevor.

It didn't help that their key selling point and best parts of the game (The Heists) were minimal and there were only three where you get any real choices in how to proceed and only two where you actually get serious money out of it. Their big selling point of the single player mode proved to be almost completely bogus.

However the main point here is that most of the experience feels off or 'not a good game' because Rockstar did their usual approach with character development with Trevor and it simply doesn't work.

The problem is that a lot of GTA's success is due to the immersion factor, in characters, environment etc. However Trevor I sense was a massive challenge for them because their usual design approach doesn't work when one of your protagonists is as shallow as a kiddie pool and has no justifications in his own motivations and it's a challenge they failed aside from pleasing the simple minded masses.

Trevor brushes it off as 'being true' and 'doing whatever he feels like' whether it's rational or not but it's a load of crap. He deceives people and tells lies as much as everybody else does despite trying to proudly claim that he's 'true', it's just he's far more direct in doing so, Johnny's murder was precisely this and he even claims he planned to betray Michael at some point but Michael's fake death came first and he still acts righteous about Michael 'betraying' him. Trevor's character is all over the place and the story and experience suffer greatly in consequence.

Still they had to try make Trevor work and these idiots don't notice the difference. It's people like us who actually pay attention to the effort and detail they put in that get shoved under the bus, what the hell man? I still cannot come with one satisfying reason why The Lost and their fans were treated this way, it's as if some lawyer came up and threatened to sue if they didn't massacre their own characters.

• nobum62 likes this

nobum62
  • nobum62

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:54 PM Edited by nobum62, 13 November 2013 - 02:59 PM.

i agree, trevor lies and deceives as well. one example of this is when he ditched floyd who was trying to save him from the cops who were beating floyd up.

also he deceived the other two characters when he said he bought the strip club when he stole it and murdered the owner

also, i'm copying pasting my post from another thread:

"well my point is that the people who say "get the f*ck over johnny's death" can kiss my ass. if it was their favorite protagonist being totally out of character only to be killed by the new guy, they wouldn't be so happy. EDIT: you could say they lack empathy

i know it's just a game and they don't exist, but as niko vercetti said, bringing back johnny didn't have much of a reason in the story. you can take johnny and the lost out of the story and the game would still be coherent. EDIT: killing off johnny like an out-of-character nobody and then playing as his killer was partly the reason i didn't enjoy gta 5's story

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users