ifruit app for PC?

9 replies to this topic
customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

I am happy

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:34 AM

Is there one available. I find it kind of stupid that they would make an app for only smart phones, I have not had a phone in 8 years, and do not plan on getting one. I personally hate them.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:58 AM

There isn't, and I don't see why there would be one tbh. Might as well ask why there isn't one for a Nintendo DS. The whole point of the app on mobile is so you can tweak your cars etc while away from your console.

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

I am happy

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:02 AM

There isn't, and I don't see why there would be one tbh. Might as well ask why there isn't one for a Nintendo DS. The whole point of the app on mobile is so you can tweak your cars etc while away from your console.

okay, If I wanted a smart ass answer, I would have asked "give me a smart ass answer" i simply asked if there would be the app for the PC...

That being said, how the hell am I supposed to train chop without the app than? Now give me a smart answer for that......

AngryGamer94
  • AngryGamer94

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:10 AM

I am wondering the exact same thing.

Not letting you train chop ingame is just bs.

Bonfy
  • Bonfy

Friendly Neighborhood Super-Mario

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

You know, not everyone owns a smartphone...

• Hitchens likes this

RonBWL
  • RonBWL

Brave Wholeheartedly Loser

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:18 AM

What if you are on a vacation and forgot your phone? Borrow your friend?

OP simply asks if there is option for PC so people without smartphones like him can use it simply with a Laptop

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

I am happy

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:23 AM

I am wondering the exact same thing.

Not letting you train chop ingame is just bs.

You know, not everyone owns a smartphone...

What if you are on a vacation and forgot your phone? Borrow your friend?

OP simply asks if there is option for PC so people without smartphones like him can use it simply with a Laptop

Thank you! There is voice of reason on this site still!

It would be nice if there was. I honestly have not owned a cellphone in 8 years, They annoy me to no end and I spend most of my time on a computer. I have sent an e-mail to rockstar support about this, I am curious to what they say back.

• max7345 and Hitchens like this

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:25 AM Edited by R.R, 18 September 2013 - 08:29 AM.

Saying there isn't, and the reasons why there isn't, is a smart ass answer? Wow.

Regarding Chop - you can train him in-game. Not going to spoil it if you're not up to it, but you don't need the app to train him at all.

Regarding not owning a smart-phone - then you don't get the app. Again, you're not missing out on anything that you can't do in-game, it's just for those who want to do little things while away from their console.

Regarding being on holidays - see above. I could say how silly it would be to design something around the basis that people forget to take their phones on holiday but remember their laptops, but that would probably come across as me being a smart ass, so I won't.

edit -

Personally, I hope they fix the server issues that are effecting everyone, rather than spend time porting a program for the few that choose not to own a phone. No offense, but this should be well down on their list of priorities.

Bonfy
  • Bonfy

Friendly Neighborhood Super-Mario

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

Regarding not owning a smart-phone - then you don't get the app. Again, you're not missing out on anything that you can't do in-game, it's just for those who want to do little things while away from their console.

Wait, I thought through the app you could teach stuff to chop, and then make him do ingame what he learnt through the app. I don't think there's a way to teach him that stuff while ingame. I may be wrong tho, I'm not 100% sure about this...

max7345
  • max7345

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 06:52 AM

Wait, I thought through the app you could teach stuff to chop, and then make him do ingame what he learnt through the app. I don't think there's a way to teach him that stuff while ingame. I may be wrong tho, I'm not 100% sure about this...

You're not wrong; the iFruit app allows you to train, feed, and care for Chop as well as teach him tricks.  In the game, assuming you haven't played with the app, all you're able to do with Chop is walk him, make him attack people, and play fetch (a baseball is added to the melee slot of the weapon wheel) - none of which raise his happiness (there's a meter for it) or is considered training in terms of gameplay.

Apart from this, the app also allows you to mod your personal vehicles to your liking outside of gameplay.  You can do that in the game, of course, but only the app allows you to actually change what the license plates say.  If it does anything else, I don't know - that's all Rockstar let out about it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users