Photo

Can't believe the attitude of fans

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic
Denial101
  • Denial101

Lurking is my business.....

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:10 PM Edited by Denial101, 18 September 2013 - 04:10 PM.

Stands to reason that the forum is largely complaints right now....The people with nothing to complain about are most likely playing the game during their downtime. I popped on here today during my break at work to see if any interesting discussions were underway, but they pretty much died out a few weeks before launch. Let's just enjoy playing it and let those with issues discuss them in our absence. No need to argue about it.

Later.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

The funny thing is this game is getting a much better response from people outside these forums. They really did win a lot of people back who were turned off by IV. Saint's Row IV is cool and all but I don't see anybody with an ounce of objectivity can say it's a better game than V.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

1. The entire screen shouldn't flash after EVERY kill. The "x" marker is obvious enough to inform us that a person died. At the very least these features should be optional.

This was also in Max Payne and I didn't hear anybody complaining.

jpalmer2004
  • jpalmer2004

Stop being an idiot!

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

My screen don't flash when I kill people.

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

I dunno about others, but my OWN problems with this game is that it emphases to much on things that isn't typical for GTA game and go rather "The Sims" way in terms of "features and stuff to do" approach! I'd rather them add more either criminal stuff or at least more previous titles related activities, mini-games etc...For example i loved the fact that Vigilante, Paramedic, Pimping, Freight and Firefighter missions were all activated straight from the associated vehicle, so it was all handy and quick! I loved "complete as much of this as possible, before time runs out or you screw up" kind of feel to it as well! I loved testing myself on how many vigilante missions i can complete before i screw over or how many criminals in a single run i will be able to eliminate! Now its not possible in GTAV and that is my huge problem with it and one of the main reasons why i still put San Andreas above GTAV and pretty much any other pre-SA title! I also not pleased with how vehicles damage handled, especially in case of impact damage! Its ridiculous that vehicles barely leave a scratch when you're hitting other vehicle with your own, when you're running well over 150 mph! Handling is also not so good, even though its not my biggest problem regarding vehicles! In addition to all of that there huge lackluster in weapons and its variety! I have problems understanding why weapons grouped like that! I mean we now put sub-mg, light mgs and heavy mgs into single category? Why not put heavy MGs into the same category as heavy weapons, so it would make bigger sense? And total number of weapons is unsatisfying! For a game with such a huge scale, 33 weapons is a bummer, there should have been not lesser than 50, and no flamethrower, no katanas, no chainsaws! But probably the most important is the lack of pedestrians on the street, now i understand hardware limitations concerns, but to be honest if large map stands on the way how much peds you can put on the streets, then i'd rather them make MUCH lesser map, but it would be literally PACKED with pedestrians, so it would actually be tight and fun, instead of shallow and empty as it is now! Using different regions of the map is a poor excuse in this case, i just want to cause mayhem on the streets without worrying i will be eventually ran out of stuff to kill! There's much more stuff to complain about, but i'm not saying this GTA game is the worst ever or that its even BAD as a whole! I'm simply saying that judging by the hype R* was implying by saying it will be their yet biggest and most ambitious game i was expecting it to be not only massive improvement over GTAIV (at least in terms of things to do storyline aside...), but also better game than San Andreas on that department! And what do i get, instead? yeah, thats not really what i would put as the MOST ambitious game just yet...dunno maybe GTAVI gonna change that, but with GTAV i don't see how this is achieved just yet! A lot of stuff in SA is just better developed, than it is in GTAV! 

Databank
  • Databank

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:42 AM

While there are many fans with unreasonable expectations, there are enough that have valid points on contention.

For instance:

1. The entire screen shouldn't flash after EVERY kill. The "x" marker is obvious enough to inform us that a person died. At the very least these features should be optional.

2. The cinematic music should be adjustable/turned off separate from the radio music volume.

To address these two issues would not have taken major work; in fact they could have spent less time on the game and simply not included them.

They are huge immersion disruptors. Nothing screams, "THIS IS AN ARCADE GAME" like music coming from nowhere and the whole screen flashing when you kill someone.

I agree with the first point 100%

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:38 AM

People are bitching because this game just isn't up to standard like the older games. This is a half-assed game. Sorry you don't see that, but keep living in your bubble of denial. The only way things will get better is if R* hears the truth instead of having a bunch of yes men around like they do know. V just can't cut the mustard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users