Photo

Can't believe the attitude of fans

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic
CutCognac
  • CutCognac

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:29 AM Edited by CutCognac, 18 September 2013 - 05:33 AM.

I'm out. 

Ungrateful bitching fans. Rockstar made their best, the best they could do on current console generation. But I see that today nothing is never fine. Perfectionists always find something to complain about.

Thank you for that half year I spent here.

(By the way, I don't mean that everyone is bitching. But so many people are. I know that I am a childish fanboy, but this just seems so ridiculous when people are whining about f*cking stupid things)

• Mister Pink and GTAhole like this

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

While there are many fans with unreasonable expectations, there are enough that have valid points on contention.

For instance:

1. The entire screen shouldn't flash after EVERY kill. The "x" marker is obvious enough to inform us that a person died. At the very least these features should be optional.

2. The cinematic music should be adjustable/turned off separate from the radio music volume.

To address these two issues would not have taken major work; in fact they could have spent less time on the game and simply not included them.

They are huge immersion disruptors. Nothing screams, "THIS IS AN ARCADE GAME" like music coming from nowhere and the whole screen flashing when you kill someone.
  • freedomworks96 and Databank like this

pentaxian
  • pentaxian

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:22 AM

the score is pretty terrible.  what makes it even more useless is that the game doesnt feel as cinematic as they claimed it would be, which is fine.  but in that case, they should let us drop the damn score cuz it's annoying as sh*t.

otherwise i'm happy with the cars.

brakes and e-brakes brake.  and motorcycles can actually turn this time.

plus traffic flows much better.  

camera adjustment is better/actually exists now.

all of these make driving a real joy.

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

The cinematic score adds to the experience I think. It worked wonders in RDR and its working fine in GTAV.

Pooky_187
  • Pooky_187

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

Only problems I have with the game is

1. Flying camera, I don't like how camera rolls with plane.
2. No custom soundtrack
3. Getting high or drunk doesn't last very long

Nothing big and I'm not bitching I just don't like those...... Other than that I love the game and I think Rockstar did a amazing job

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

I don't get it either. GTAV is the culmination of Rockstar's experiences this generation, molded into one final perfect masterpiece.

They've taken what they learned from Red Dead Redemption, GTAIV, and LA Noire and implemented it in GTAV in a great way. Weapon wheel means you can now hold every weapon in the game instead of only one in each category. Radio wheel, so much more better then scrolling until you finally find the one you want. 

I love the crap out of this game, I can't wait till I get home so I can play more.
  • adictoGTA and Pooky_187 like this

xX ApexPredator
  • xX ApexPredator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:57 AM Edited by xX ApexPredator, 18 September 2013 - 08:59 AM.

Sadly, people are so entitled now that this is how it will always be. Rockstar tried to improve the game, and succeeded, but it will never be good enough for a lot of the "fans." It will be the same crap when GTA 7 or 8 or whatever Is released. There's no use in letting it get to you, people will ALWAYS think their opinion means something, when in reality, I'm sure Rockstar gives zero f*cks since its their game and passion. I would recommend getting a life jacket, cause all the crying is starting to add up.

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:16 AM Edited by Trund, 18 September 2013 - 09:17 AM.

It's quite unbelievable. This game is GTA IV times 1000 in terms of things to do and gameplay, yet everyone bitches around. OP is definitely right with what he says. It's a little ridiculous how so many people complain still about the game, considering that GTA was never perfect and never will be, I don't know why people expect so much realism in the game, heck, it's a GAME not a real life anyway.

The game is supposed to emulate real world in some aspects, but others are obviously meant to be unrealistic and simply fun. It's a little funny how people enjoyed and loved SA, this game now features so much more and now people whine about it suddenly. Just like the driving: Driving changed in EVERY GTA so far, it's not easy and it's not hard either, but it does take getting used to. In fact, the variety of the cars and the different handling is simply amazing, there's something for every taste in the game.

Heck, with sports cars you can finally rush through the traffic without hitting everything on your way. With a 4x4 SUV you can easily climb the mountains, something other cars in the games can't (yes I tried it). Heavy Trucks are barely steerable and hard to control, also take quite a long time to brake. And the cars in the countryside generally have more of the old GTA IV handling in them, for people who prefer that.

Some people should just go out there in the game and actually try to discover what the game has to offer, rather than being on here bitching about things after playing it for two hours.

• COASTERPUNK and xxDREADxxGANGxx like this

bizkitdan
  • bizkitdan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

I don't get it this game is amazing. No game will ever be perfect

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

Not to mention that we're given a map w/c is only 5x GTA SA's when they promised it's 7x the latter.

Skeloton
  • Skeloton

Living Dead Gangster

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:00 AM Edited by Skeloton, 18 September 2013 - 10:00 AM.

DODI30G, really? they say we have roughly 7x SAs map but infact we get 5x SAs map and your bitching? Geez be thankful the maps as gigantic as it is.

Having said that, the only major let down im having is the little effect the flying skill has on flying. I would thought that with it maxed out that flying would be as smooth as butter. Other than that Im having a blast, played bout 15hrs straight after I got it. Granted bout 6 of those we me pissing about trying to steal a jet and failing.

xX ApexPredator
  • xX ApexPredator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

Not to mention that we're given a map w/c is only 5x GTA SA's when they promised it's 7x the latter.

I sure hope that's sarcasm.. But, if it's not, if you exclude the underwater area, I still think it's bigger. If you include it, it definitely is.

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

game is great. people need to stop bitching.

i enjoyed it. and will for the next X years.

B3ANTOWN B3A5T
  • B3ANTOWN B3A5T

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

I saw the leaks and had misgivings about the driving (big fan of 4's driving) but it's actually really really FUN. Cornering is a little easier yes, but you still have to carefully apply the brakes (albeit a little less) and control the throttle at high speeds. The biggest difference I noticed is that the cars skid out waaay less, which is an improvement IMO.

As for the map, its enormous and packed with interesting scenery and interactions.

I played one mission before getting lost in free roam for hours. So many delightful distractions. Thats the mark of a good GTA in my book.

Wow what a game. This will be a very long day of work as I wait to get back to Los Santos.

killerx2
  • killerx2

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

i'm not too far into the game. only have unlocked 2 out of 3 characters.the mechanics will take getting used to. i imagine i will get used to them and loved. i love the little x to show who died, but that and the flashing, feel like its an arcade game. as i unlocked the second character, the mood kind of changed, but i still hope they patch these. hopefully, they will just make everything optional, and hopefully not try to fix the other things, because i love everything else.

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

The game is perfect to me, an absolute masterpiece.  I can't wait for online and what they have in store for us.  I can't wait to finish the story, 16 hours in and I'm only at 19% game completion.  The roleplaying for me is endless.

gta_rulez
  • gta_rulez

Rockster Noord

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

I've paid f*cking 70 euros for a PSN download that has pop-in issues that the disc version doesn't have.

killerx2
  • killerx2

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

the seriousness in gta iv was too much, maybe not in the story and missions, but in the setting. it was too gloomy. now the setting is great, but like i said, the flashing, is a bit arcade like. but i imagine finding balance between anything is tough, so for them to have perfect balance is impossible. hopefully they can make some of the features optional in a patch.

• freedomworks96 likes this

SiNisTer1080p
  • SiNisTer1080p

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

Really doesn't matter how amazing the game is, people will moan and whine for the sake of it. If your enjoying it, then who cares.

Made me laugh that there was someone moaning about the fact it wasn't necessary to go diving. But if they left it out, then someone would moan that they cant.

Rockstar can't win everyone over. There are some valid points and negative things to say about the game though, but no company can bring out a perfect, no bugs, glitches game and have everyone say it's amazing.

I'm enjoying it so far, and don't really care if people are whining

BURNFIREFLY
  • BURNFIREFLY

Mentlegen

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

Dear diary, today OP was very right

SesameStPimp
  • SesameStPimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

This is by far the worst forum I have ever seen. I cannot take anyone serious enough to know if they're even legitimately discussing something in here.

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

I can't believe it's not butter! :colgate:

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. The less people in the V section, the better. Go away since you can't handle the internet. :lol:

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

DID ANYONE COMPLAIN ABOUT GTA IV NOT HAVING A CINEMATIC MUSIC SCORE YOU CAN'T TURN OFF?

OR THAT THEIR SCREEN DIDN'T FLASH WHEN YOU KILL SOMEONE?

Drakeulah
  • Drakeulah

African American gang member

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

I like the flashing honestly and i love the interactive music when on a mission it makes it feel so more epic.  And you can turn the interactive music of when in a car just by changing it to another radio station.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:27 PM Edited by Backfire6, 18 September 2013 - 03:27 PM.

Actually if you or anyone else is bitching. It means they are not fans. Period, if you people were fans you would be praising R* for the game not bashing them and the game.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Master Of Puppets

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

DID ANYONE COMPLAIN ABOUT GTA IV NOT HAVING A CINEMATIC MUSIC SCORE YOU CAN'T TURN OFF?

OR THAT THEIR SCREEN DIDN'T FLASH WHEN YOU KILL SOMEONE?

No, and your point is...?

(also, don't post in caps, nobody will take you serious)

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

There are dozens of options in the settings, not ONE of them could be to adjust the cinematic music? How lazy...I know I can turn on the radio when in a vehicle, but sometimes I like to be running around.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

Actually if you or anyone else is bitching. It means they are not fans. Period, if you people were fans you would be praising R* for the game not bashing them and the game.

You've got that wrong.  That's how fanboysim works.  Fans on the other hand are actually very much allowed to critique.

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:35 PM Edited by AlasClarin, 18 September 2013 - 03:35 PM.

I'm out. 

Ungrateful bitching fans. Rockstar made their best, the best they could do on current console generation. But I see that today nothing is never fine. Perfectionists always find something to complain about.

Thank you for that half year I spent here.

(By the way, I don't mean that everyone is bitching. But so many people are. I know that I am a childish fanboy, but this just seems so ridiculous when people are whining about f*cking stupid things)

We complain about serious things, if you love the game then go to play it but let the other people express their opinion.

Macabro
  • Macabro

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

Some thing take geting used to but the seems like an improvement in almost every way I can think of.

Im not too fond of how the game sets up a bunch of missions in your houses, so that basically you cant get into the house unless you want to do that mission, and I dont like how you leave a character at home and 15 minutes later you switch back to him and he's miles away just driving around or something.

Other than that, I've enjoyed pretty much everything else.

Nobody's perfect.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users